PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Fantasy RPG

Name_Here
2008-09-18, 09:17 PM
Right now you're... between jobs. Like so many you are traveling to Middleheim which is booming right now. After a rainstorm starts the first piece of civilization you see is a cozy looking inn. As you walk in a haggard innkeeper says hello and asks where you're heading.

Ipphli
2008-09-18, 09:23 PM
Joachim

Joachim shrugs as he throws back the rain-drenched hood of his cloak. "Middleheim." He walks over to a corner table and has a seat, back to the door. He glances about quickly, then looks over at the innkeeper. "I'll take a plate of whatever's on the menu tonight and an ale please."

Name_Here
2008-09-18, 09:51 PM
The Innkeeper pours an Ale and points you to an empty table near the fire. "Little early yet for food but make yourself warm by the fire and I'll have Beatrix bring it out when it's ready. I'll expect you'll have plenty of company soon.

Ipphli
2008-09-18, 09:54 PM
Joachim

The large man settles into a chair after draping his cloak over an empty chair to dry. He raises an eyebrow at the innkeeper's words. "Expecting someone?"

Name_Here
2008-09-18, 10:05 PM
"You see the wheather out there? It's like walking in soup. Most nights travelers'll sleep under the stars but nights like this make a great arguement for paying a few coppers for a warm bed and a roof." The Innkeeper says with a laugh. "A few might even be heading same direction you are. It'll be good to travel with companions safety in numbers as they say"

Ipphli
2008-09-18, 10:16 PM
Joachim

Joachim nods. "True enough. You hear tell of any problems in the area? Bandits, orks, anything to be wary of?"

Suzuro
2008-09-18, 11:25 PM
Business had been bad. These days, with all the dark dangers out, Bandits being the least of most wealthy people, it just seemed like they didn't think a simple grunt was enough defense. They were going all out, hiring entire squadrons of military figures for defense. Just, no job for a lone bodyguard these days.

It's probably better somewhere else. I'll just go wherever it takes me Ilsa thought to herself, maybe Middleheim will have some prospective hosts...

As she walked, the sky turned dark and sounded as if the heavens themselves were angry...or maybe sad as the pure tears began to fall...As time went on, it became worse and worse. Definitely Angry... As she tried to avoid the puddles, she came upon a small community.

Maybe I can find some shelter in that Inn for the night, head out in the morning. She walked into the Inn, pulling off her soggy, dripping cloak, and walked over to the keep.

How's it goin'?

-Suzuro

drum-n-bass
2008-09-18, 11:52 PM
Trotting along at his own pace, Beau Ciderbottom, hears the thunder start to crackle. Looking up he sees dark clouds forming over head. Pulling his cloak over his short curly copper hair, the rain starts to plop down on his head. Hurrying his pace up a tad bit, he spots an inn further up ahead. *Hmmm.. * he thinks to himself * it wont be a bad idea to stay the night at the inn and get some good food. Well maybe ok food.* Pushing open the heavy wooden door he looks inside to see a young lady up front and a large man in the corner. Going up front he tells the innkeeper Hello, I'm heading, well..... he thinks about it for a bit and then replies I guess I'm heading to Middleheim, although I'm not quite sure why... he starts drifting off, then regaining his train of thought he asks the innkeep What kind of rooms do you have available? and I would like some dinner or some breakfast tomorrow, or maybe both. Where's the next town after here? What's for supper? What kind of ales do you have? What about breakfast tomorrow? Would that price include seconds? Thirds? What about tea time? Well I bet I would be in the next town by then, he says almost spontaneously at the same time.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 09:38 AM
as tilmann frohlich travles towards middleheim, he spots the clouds in the distance *sigh* it had not been a good journy, slow, lonely and hardly sunny and now what looked like a storm was heading his way. he begins to walk a fair bit faster to try and cover as much ground as possible before the rain reached him. as he felt the first drops of rain he pulled his robes tight, shortly after he ventured by a small inn "Sigmar be praised" and entered the inn with haste, "ah finaly somewhere warm!" he wandered to the innkeeper and replied to his question "im travling to middleheim ive been sent from my old temple to travle to the much grander temple of Sigmar in meddleheim but its been a long journy... what would it cost to have a room for the night inkeeper? and does this include food for brekfast?" tilmann slumps into a seat, realising just how wet his robes were "hmm i better get my robes dry for the travle tomorrow." i better sit over by that fire, and dry my robes he decided to himself.

Morty
2008-09-19, 09:42 AM
Siegfried half walks, and is half pushed into the inn by a gust of wind. Without saying a word, he nods to everyone and takes a seat next to the fire.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 10:15 AM
tilmann looks at the new arrival, almost as soaked as himself and welcomes him to the seat by the fire "ah welcome, it seems that the wheather isnt getting any better, my names tilmann frohlich, im heading to midleheim how about you, travler?"

Name_Here
2008-09-19, 10:58 AM
@ Suzuro

The Innkeeper looks up from the dented tankerd he's washing to give you a look over before he starts talking. "Doing poorly like most parts of the empire I'm afraid. People just don't travel much these days which cuts into my purse I'll tell you. But the locals are as thirsty as ever so I guess I don't have much to complain about. He shrugs and continues. "But you didn't come all this way to hear an innkeeper droan on about his lot in life. What brings you to my inn? And what can I do for you while you're here?

@drum-n-bass

The inkeeper stares at the demanding little Halfling before beginning his brisk sales pitch which he assumes will answer questions that any normal traveler will answer. "We still have an open common rooms and personal rooms.Tonight we're either serving Mutton or venison depending on what our hunter brings back and we have some local ale but for the right price I might crack open the olde cask of Dwarven ale I have somewhere around here. and the nearest town is Gersdorf which is about a day's travel away. There's another town that's a bit further away but more in your direction that I just can never remember the name to. And of course Bacon and biscuts for breakfast." He says more than a little winded. He then points to another rain soaked traveller who's just starting to dry off next to the fire "he's also travelling to Middleheim if you want some companionship on your travels.

The common room is starting to fill up. Mostly the farmhands of the local farms and a couple woodsmen drinking alongside the rare and drenched traveler.

drum-n-bass
2008-09-19, 11:07 AM
Why thank ye, innkeep the little halfling says. Hmmmm.... starting to think about what to get and how he should save his money he then says, I'll have a stay in the common rooms, and dinner for tonight with a regular ale, and I would like some bacon and biscuits for tomorrow morning. How much would that total up to? Nodding thanks to the innkeeper. He settles down next to the man by the fire. You going to Middleheim? He asks, I'm going there, maybe we could go there together? I always like a bit of company. Staring off into the fire he waits for an answer.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 11:16 AM
middleheim i hear you say? i am indeed travling there, and maybe the company will do me good, are you staying tonight? as i intend to set off after brekfast tomorrow. tilmann seems releaved to hear that he will not be alone anymore during this journey and is very happy and jolly towards the halfling

drum-n-bass
2008-09-19, 11:19 AM
Oh, you are? the halfling says startled. I'm Beau Ciderbottom, and I would enjoy having more company, the more the merrier as my mom always said. I am to setting off after breakfast. he says with a smile on his face.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 11:28 AM
yes im glad to hear it tilmann says with a smile on his face and seems slightly more relaxed now "my name is tilmann frohlich, Ciderbottom, i am a "preist in training" as it were, to the temple of Sigmar, i am not a priest yet." tilmann looks expectantly at Ciderbottom as if waiting for a reply

drum-n-bass
2008-09-19, 11:30 AM
I am a tradesmen, I cook, brew, and farm. But sadly that is all i can do to make my money. the halfling replies to him

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 11:32 AM
ah a tradesman, a noble profession tilmann smiles at the halfling you cook you say? i hear halflings are the best chefs around, you must be able to make much money for high quality cooking? tillman asks

drum-n-bass
2008-09-19, 11:36 AM
Why, yes I do make some pretty good money for my food and brew. Ahh, I remember why I'm going to Middleheim now. the halfling says. My old business, wasn't doing to good where it was, and I was going to Middleheim, to look for a new spot. At least that's what i think. he says starting to drift off.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 11:41 AM
ah bussiness was bad was it? yes im sure it is hard to lose your bussiness due to being in the wrong place i suppose tilmann looks at his robes, just starting to dry up...hmm i wonder weather we can get food yet? tilmann stands up to face the bar, looking back at the halfling do you want anything to eat?

drum-n-bass
2008-09-19, 11:42 AM
Why yes, i would like something to eat. he says snapping out of his drifting. Do you need any help cooking? the halfling asks the innkeep.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 11:47 AM
tilmann simply looks at the halfling and then to the inkeep and laughs adding to the inkeep,he says his buisness was to cook, surely he will be a good chef... who knows maybe might make you some money tilmann says trying to increase the halflings chances of becoming a chef for a while, mainly so the halfling would be happy... and that tilmann could have a halfling cooked meal to fill him up but of course those were his second thoughts... honest

Morty
2008-09-19, 12:17 PM
My name's Siegfried. says the young man wearily. I'm heading to nowhere particular right now. He sits tightly next to the fire, apparently soaked and exhausted.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 12:32 PM
tilmann turns to look at siegfried and sits back into his seat by the fire, no where in particular? why not come with me and my new halfling companion here to middleheim? we are not leaving till morning after brekfast, it will give you time to rest, you look very tired my friend, i hope you are well?

Morty
2008-09-19, 12:44 PM
Siegfried sneezes loudly. Why, thank you. I was thinking about heading towards Middenheim anyway. And I feel fine, I'm just very tired, wet and cold, I've been walking all day in this rain. But it's nothing a good night's sleep can't fix.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 12:54 PM
good, so that makes three of us tilmann looks over to the halfling and says siegfried here wants to come to middleheim, Sigmar has surely smiled on us this day, to meet each other in this inn going the same place! tilmann smiles then makes a strange gesture, touching his chest just under his throat then by his stomoch, finally touching his left and then right sholder, completeing the symbol of the hammer of Sigmar

drum-n-bass
2008-09-19, 01:07 PM
Oh boy, another person to join us! Beau says happily. I'm Beau Ciderbottom nice to meet you. the halfling says shaking Siegfrieds hand.

littlebottom
2008-09-19, 02:24 PM
tilmann smiles as the halfling grabbing siegfried by the hand and shakes it and turns to the tavern and looks around the tavern and says in a slightly raised voice so that all could hear yet wouldnt disturb their own conversations be anyone else travling to middenheim on the morning? tilmann looks around expectantly but also accepting the likely fact that no one else was going to middenheim but he had hope.

Morty
2008-09-19, 03:40 PM
Siegfried looks mildly bemused, but he shakes Tilmann and Beau's hands, looking around suspiciously. Then he asks the bartender for any warm meal he might have.

Ipphli
2008-09-19, 07:15 PM
Joachim

Joachim watches the other three silently, just listening from his chair next to the fire. At Tilmann's question he speaks up, just loud enough for him to hear. "As a matter of fact I'm heading that way myself. I suppose travelling in a group couldn't hurt." He glances over at the innkeep, then around the room before refocusing on Tilmann.

So I seem to be on an entirely different time period than the rest of you. Hope it works out. I'll try and play Joachim as the strong, silent type :D

Name_Here
2008-09-19, 07:59 PM
'k I'm going to need consume alcohol tests from all of you. Post your degrees of failure.

Morty
2008-09-20, 06:54 AM
Although I don't recall Siegfried drinking anything... his Toughness is 29 and here's the roll: [roll0]

drum-n-bass
2008-09-20, 09:44 AM
i guess i will do what m0rt did

Beaus toughness is 31
and his roll is [roll0]

Ipphli
2008-09-20, 09:45 AM
Joachim has a toughness of 37, and here's my roll
[roll0]

littlebottom
2008-09-20, 10:49 AM
toughness 40 [roll0]

Name_Here
2008-09-20, 02:46 PM
Mort's the first to have to use the... facilities. As you duck outside to the privy you hear somebody calling out to you.

"Please I can hear you out there! You've got to help me I'm not who they say I am!" Says a man in a deep pit near the Privy. The Pit is covered with a heavy Iron Grill locked in place with a large impressive lock.

Morty
2008-09-20, 03:51 PM
Who in Ranald's name are you and why should I belive anything you say?

Name_Here
2008-09-20, 04:45 PM
"My name is Emmerich Handler. I came from Gersdorf looking for work. Nobody was hiring so I decided to return home and while I was looking for a bit of food in the woods near here I was set upon by a bounty hunter who claimed that I was the bandit Heinz Gerber. Please you must help me prove my innocence. Once the Roads wardens arrive they'll hang me for sure.

Morty
2008-09-20, 04:48 PM
How can I know you're really innocent? For all I know, you might be a real bandit who tries to weasel his way out of a just punishment and you'll drag me along with you to be hanged.

Suzuro
2008-09-20, 05:05 PM
As Ilsa stumbled out of the Inn, she, saw people coming and going. Of course, that wasn't odd, this waS an inn. What was odd was the voice.

Your not who they say you are, huh? Then who are you? And who do they say you are? she nearly whispered down the pit.

-Suzuro

littlebottom
2008-09-20, 05:21 PM
tilmann looks over to the man who just replyed to his call, and says brilliant news, what is your name friend?

a short while later tilmann notices the prolonged absence of siegfried, and goes to check that his ok. as he heads outside, the rain subdued slightly, he sees siegfried and a stranger togeather as he walks over he notices a man in a pit who are you? he says looking at the man in the pit, and also who are you? he says adressing the stranger (ilsa) whats going on siegfried? tilmann stops for a second and realises just how many questions he had asked in short succession without awaiting a reply so decides to stop there till he heard his answers.

drum-n-bass
2008-09-20, 05:22 PM
Following his new found friend outside, Beau asks the man in the pit Why are you done there sir?

Ipphli
2008-09-20, 09:43 PM
Joachim

Joachim quietly introduces himself before settling back in his chair. He glances towards the locals before looking at the fire, apparently lost in thought. He makes no move to follow as the others head back outside into the storm until his bladder tells him otherwise.

Once outside, he notices the small group near the pit. He walks over, but stops a few feet away from them. "That man is probably down there for a reason. Best we not get involved, lest we bring the authorities down on us next."

drum-n-bass
2008-09-20, 09:49 PM
Oh, yeah, that would probably be a good idea Beau suggests to his other friends. Well, I'm going to go back inside for some warm food, the halfling says while walking back inside with the reminiscent of warm venison or mutton in his small little mind.

Name_Here
2008-09-20, 10:45 PM
"Please get me out I have a wife and child in Gersdorf. My wife could vouch for my identity if you could only send word to Gersdorf. Please we live right next the Green Calf inn. Just Tell Heidi that I'm in trouble.

The man says with a bit of panic in his voice.

Suzuro
2008-09-20, 11:23 PM
((Actually, I rolled for Gender and it came up female :smalltongue:))

Who put you there? This isn't right! You know what? I don't care who put you there, they can't just DO that!

-Suzuro

Name_Here
2008-09-21, 06:18 AM
"I have no idea who it was. All he said was that he was a bounty hunter and that I'll be hanged just as soon as he finds a roadwarden.

Ipphli
2008-09-21, 06:41 AM
Joachim

Joachim sighs. He calls down to the man. "Where is Gersdorf? Is it on the way to Middleheim?"

littlebottom
2008-09-21, 07:00 AM
hmm this might not wait till morning, if we are to do something about this poor man then we must do it soon... and quickly tilmann says, thinking that he might not get a good nights sleep after all. it is an injustice that someone can be found guilty of crimes without and justification or proof of those crimes... although if we find you to actually be guilty of said crimes i shall have no simpathy for you, remember that. for this is your last chance to admit to the crime if you have done them as you shall feel the might of sigmar himself if you have lied to us and dont admit your crimes now tilmann looks slightly smug at himself... he had always wanted to be important and in his past temple he was nothing but a lowly initiate, where as here with no supiriors around he could stand up and be important.

is that an intimidate roll? if so my strength is 43 d100 d'oh try again d100 the rolls arnt working ill start another post and try it that way sorry

littlebottom
2008-09-21, 07:09 AM
strength 43 intimidate check [roll0]

Morty
2008-09-21, 07:14 AM
Hmph. I admit, a bounty hunter simply putting someone in a cage doesn't seem right. How far away from here is Gersdorf?

Name_Here
2008-09-21, 07:26 AM
"Gersdorf is about a day's travel by walking down the river. It's not on your way but nobody else will listen to me. Please I don't want to die like this."

Morty
2008-09-21, 12:37 PM
Siegfried takes a closer look at the man, trying to judge if he looks like a criminal. Rescuing an innocent man is well and good, but I don't like the perspective of travelling whole day in this weather to help a brigand.

littlebottom
2008-09-21, 04:10 PM
ive had an idea, lets check out all accounts and sightings or information we can get from within the tavern of who this man says he is and of who the bounty hunter said he is surely some people will know what the criminal looks like and can help us varify weather it is worth our efforts to free this man tilmann signs to head inside we shall return shortly he says addressing the man in the pit and hopefully this will save us a days worth of pointless travling in the wrong direction tilmann then turns to head inside away from the rain, but waits untill anybody follows him

Morty
2008-09-22, 07:59 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me, Siegfried says, at least we'll be searching for clues in warm and dry place. He follows Tilmann inside.

littlebottom
2008-09-22, 02:07 PM
tilmann enters the dry warm tavern again, then tells Ciderbottom about his plan, after which he heads over to the innkeeper hey, innkeep, what information do you have on emmerich handler, what does he look like? and what information do you have on heinz gerber, and what does he look like? and recently reported crimes from either?

Morty
2008-09-22, 02:21 PM
Siegfried shakes his head at Tilmann's straightforwardness and tries to find someone who might want to have a talk, then he asks: So, have you seen this fellow in the pit outside? He claims he's innocent, but it seems like a bad business for me. Do you know him?
Gossip check: [roll0], Siegfried's Fellowship is 38.

Suzuro
2008-09-22, 04:36 PM
Ilsa followed the other two into the inn, and, just before entering into the warm confines, threw her head over her shoulder to make sure nothing was going to happen around the pit...

-Suzuro

Name_Here
2008-09-22, 07:35 PM
@ M0rt: Nobody admits to having seen him. Course by the looks of em most of them haven't ever been more than 10 miles from here in their entire life.

@Littlebottom:

The Barkeeper idly picks up his tankerd. "You've been talking with our guest outside huh? Take my advice and don't get involved. The Roadwardens'll be here in a few days hinkering for a hanging and only a fool'll get in the way of that. The man out there might be innocent like he claims or he could just be a good actor. Either way I'm not joining him on the gallows."

Ipphli
2008-09-22, 09:20 PM
Joachim

Joachim walks in in time to overhear the barkeeper's reply. He shrugs and walks back over to the fire to resume drying off. He gestures Tilmann over and gestures for him to sit next to him. Once the man does so, Joachim speaks quietly to him. "No one here will help you. They all fear for their own necks, probably rightly so. If you are set on saving that man, you will either have to catch the true criminal, or bring his wife here."

drum-n-bass
2008-09-22, 09:41 PM
With his mind set on food, Beau asks the innkeep When do you think the food will be ready I'm starting to get hungry, and that food sounds pretty good after a long days walk.

littlebottom
2008-09-23, 07:14 AM
i agree with you there, but whats worse? not saving an inocent man or letting a criminal loose again? tilmann looks confused and in deep thought, fighting with his angels and deamons, so to speak

Morty
2008-09-23, 07:46 AM
Siegfried taps his fingers on the table nervously. Quite a conundrum. If we help this man, he might turn out guilty and even if he's innocent, we might fail to prove it, in which case there's a good chance we'll be hung alongside him. If we leave him be, we're risking having a blood of the innocent person on our hands. The best way, I think, would be to try and help him discretly, so that even the Roadwardens won't have an excuse to punish us. After having a warm meal and getting dry, Siegfried becomes increasingly verbose.

littlebottom
2008-09-23, 12:42 PM
hmmm yes, shall we leave in the morning or will that take too long?........ i say we go now but then again, we will proberbly move quicker when we are dry, hopefully stoped raining and had a good meal in us and a long sleep tilmann thinks for a short while again and then says innkeep, can i have a generous portion of whatevers on the menu and then point me to the common room, i think it will be benifitial to get an early night

Suzuro
2008-09-23, 03:08 PM
Hmm! I think I'll have to agree. I hate to just sit here while he's out there...but...there isn't too much more we can do right now. Ilsa quietly got food and sat down, not really paying attention to anything.

I hope it hurries... she whispers to no one in particular.

-Suzuro

Morty
2008-09-24, 01:29 PM
Siegfried yawns. Well, if we're going to help this fellow, a rainy night isn't the best time to do it. Do you have any spare rooms? He asks the bartender.

Name_Here
2008-09-24, 07:35 PM
As dinner is served the waitress comes over to your table. "I heard you talking are you really going to help that poor man out there? I've felt bad about him ever since that bounty hunter dragged him in. If you wake up early in the morning you might be able to catch a river boat down the river to Gersdorf."

She puts down your Venison and potatoes. Smiling politely.

Ipphli
2008-09-24, 08:04 PM
Joachim

Joachim looks up at the waitress and nods his head in thanks as he smiles back. "Well thank you. We'll be sure to do that."

Suzuro
2008-09-24, 10:02 PM
Ilsa looks up and smiles slightly, but only at the food. She was starving. She then thinks about what the waitress had just told her. ...that was convenient...

-Suzuro

drum-n-bass
2008-09-24, 11:13 PM
Starting in to the venison and potatoes, the hungry halfling manages to mumble out the words I think we should let him be its none of our business to begin with. Mmmmmmm, these venison and potatoes are delicious.

Morty
2008-09-25, 05:45 AM
Siegfried begins to eat, but frowns with suspicion. Well... that's mighty convenient... he mutters to himself. Nop harm in following this advice, though...

Suzuro
2008-09-25, 01:17 PM
I agree...although we'll need to be on our toes. Oh, I don't think I ever introduced myself, my names Ilsa.

-Suzuro

Morty
2008-09-25, 02:27 PM
Good to meet you. My name is Siegfried. It seems there's quite a company interested in helping this supposedly innocent fellow in the pit. He's lucky, most people don't give a goblin's ear about ones like him.

littlebottom
2008-09-25, 05:57 PM
tilmann grins widley as the waitress hands him his meal and mutters a short prayer under his breath, then tucks in, with mouth full he listens to the conversation and smiles and nods at ilsa as she introduces herself. tilmann seems to be listening intently whilest simultainiously miles away deep in his own thoughts. ( its hard to do but its possible )

drum-n-bass
2008-09-27, 10:37 AM
After finishing his plate of venison and potatoes, he gives a loud BRAUP! Yum, that was delicious, I think i will head to bed. he says, You said there was a commons room? If you would be kind to tell me where its at, I would like to get settled in for the night.
After the reply, he walks to the commons room and finds a suitable bed or bed type thing, and goes to bed.

Suzuro
2008-09-27, 12:46 PM
Ilsa calls out to the retreating halfling If you're going to help that man, be ready to get up early tomorrow. Then, she, too, said a polite good-night and left to find a place to sleep.

-Suzuro

Morty
2008-09-27, 01:15 PM
Siegfired finishes his meal, yawns, says goodnight to everyone and heads for whatever place for sleep he's offered. He clings on rather cautiously to his leather bag all the time.

littlebottom
2008-09-27, 05:49 PM
tilmann finishes his food, and wanders after the others into the common room, and walks in silently incase of anybody already asleep and finds himself a bed, and begins taking his robes off, folding them neatly (now dry...ish) ready for the morning and gently nods off while wispering prayers to sigmar for his trip in the morning.

Name_Here
2008-09-30, 10:34 AM
Early morning you wake up to the sounds of the inkeeper tripping over a chair downstairs followed by a long series of curses at the top of his lungs. He was probably moving around to open all the windows. when he caught a chair with his foot.

Morty
2008-09-30, 01:47 PM
Siegfried wakes up early but spends a good while quietly in his room. He then heads downstairs to see if anyone's up already.

littlebottom
2008-09-30, 02:10 PM
after tilmann hears the loud banging and cursing he wakes up, and decides that this has supplied an opportunity to get an early move on, so he puts his robes on quietly as to not wake the slightly hevier sleepers who were still asleep and makes his way down ah i see your already up siegfried, good man, hope you slept well? he also quickly turns to the inkeep and adds is the food ready yet? i hope so we were hoping to get a early start today! then wanders over to seigfried and sits down, then peer out of a window to see if it was still raining

heh sorry for all the questions :P

Ipphli
2008-09-30, 11:12 PM
Joachim

Joachim wakes up silently. He glances around. Seeing Tilmann get up and leave, he follows suit. Walking in after Tilmann, Joachim has a seat with the others. He nods politely to them both, then to the bartender.

drum-n-bass
2008-09-30, 11:18 PM
Beau wakes up to a rooster, either one out by the inn or the one in his head. Feeling refreshed and warmer then the night before, he packs his stuff up, puts his boots on, and goes downstairs for some bacon and biscuits. I would like 3 slices of bacon and 3 biscuits, wait make that 4 if you wouldn't mind, the cheerful halfling says to the bartender.

littlebottom
2008-10-01, 05:27 AM
ah joachim, ciderbottom, good morning to you both, it seems we are only waiting on ilsa, but im sure she wont be long. tilmann continues looking out the window at the weather

Suzuro
2008-10-01, 02:06 PM
Ilsa woke up, and was awake for no more than a minute when a cry was heard. Gah...clumsy keep...

She stands up and begins her morning ritual. Stretches, some cardio activities...a little bit of exercise and finally getting dressed for the day ahead, awake and aware. She walked towards the noise. Ah! Wonderful, you're all awake, good. I have a feeling this will prove to be an....interesting day, hopefully we can get this out of the way soon!

-Suzuro

Morty
2008-10-01, 02:09 PM
Siegfried nods at everyone. I've slept... well, thank you.
Well, it seems that the intended saviours of this supposedly innocent fellow in the pit are all up now. I suppose it's early enough for us to get this boat we heard about yesterday.

littlebottom
2008-10-01, 05:17 PM
good idea, we should grab our brekfast and eat it on the way to save time, no point wasting some extra energy from skipping brekfast tilmann says standing up, and to the barkeep says 5 brekfasts to go my good sir!

Name_Here
2008-10-02, 10:11 AM
"Very good adding in your drinks and food from last night. I think your total bill comes to 5s from each of you." The Innkeeper says lightly wiping his hands on his tunic.

OOC: I keep on forgetting to look up what the prices are so if 5s is extreme I'll change it.

littlebottom
2008-10-02, 01:13 PM
tilmann pays the inkeep gladly

im not sure if the price is right or wrong as i cant look at the book atm but ill have a look later if i can

also im not about to give the inkeep a V sign no matter how much it looks it

tilmann then extends his arm towards the in keep with his hand in a fist, turning his fist to face palm towards tilmann he extends his middle and index finger in the shape of a V into the symbol of the twin tailed comet and says sigmars blessing and walks out the inn signing to the others to hurry

Morty
2008-10-02, 01:55 PM
Siegfried pays for the bed, meal and drink and follows Tilmann outside.

Ipphli
2008-10-02, 04:08 PM
Joachim

Joachim pays the man quietly. He nods to him. "Thank you sir. May your inn always prosper." He then shoulders his pack and walks outside after the others.

drum-n-bass
2008-10-02, 04:53 PM
Here you go good sir. The halfling says to the innkeep with a nod. Following the others outside he waits for someone to speak

littlebottom
2008-10-02, 05:44 PM
tilmann says to everyonewell as soon as ilsa gets out here we will move quickly, i believe this boat may be the best way to get there, as it also seems none of us to own mounts of any sort, it means we will have to push ourselve hard to get there and back within time tilmann looks expectantly at the door waiting for ilsa i realy do hope we are doing the right thing and that this man is innocent he adds mainly to himself

Suzuro
2008-10-03, 07:56 AM
lsa silently pays the keep, and gingerly walks out of the inn. Well?! What're you waiting for? Let's go!

-Suzuro

littlebottom
2008-10-03, 09:20 AM
tilmann nods yes we should get out of here now, lets head to the boat... actually i dont know where it is, do any of you know?

Morty
2008-10-03, 12:49 PM
We can ask, I guess. Siegfried asks someone passing: Excuse me, good sir(or lady) in which direction are there boats?

Suzuro
2008-10-04, 10:40 PM
Ilsa walks back into the inn to the keep. Hey! Keep! You know where the boats are?!

-Suzuro

Name_Here
2008-10-05, 08:29 AM
People point you in the direction of the landing. A you approach you see a boat starting to cast off as somebody starts shouting "All Aboard that's going Aboard!!" The Halfling might be a little hard pressed to make it unless he gets a little "help."

Ipphli
2008-10-05, 04:43 PM
Joachim

Joachim scoops up the halfling as he runs towards the boat. He yells out ahead "Hold the boat!"

Morty
2008-10-05, 04:44 PM
Siegfried runs towards the boats as well, trying not to laugh at the halfling.

drum-n-bass
2008-10-05, 05:05 PM
Oh, why thank ye kind man. the halfling says after getting picked up.

littlebottom
2008-10-05, 06:54 PM
tilmann runs to keep up but couldnt stop himself laugh at the halflings "short problem" and was slightly supprised he didnt have a "short temper" too, tilmann found his personal jokes quite funny, but hell, the simple act of watching the halfling bounce about under joachims arm was funny enough in itself

Suzuro
2008-10-05, 11:20 PM
Ilsa, being quite the runner, was ahead of everyone. Although, she thought with glee, not by very much. Very strong ones we have here..

She ran towards the boat as fast as she could.

-Suzuro

Morty
2008-10-06, 02:02 PM
Wheezing, Siegfried reaches the boats.

Name_Here
2008-10-06, 07:57 PM
The last of the runners has to jump in order to get on board. Probably tossing the halfing onto a soft pile of assorted... somethings. A bored shipsmaster stands up pipe anging out of the corner of his mouth as he says. "Quite the display. You're either very desperate fugatives or the boldest river pirates I've ever seen. "

Smiling he adds "Either way it'll be 2s for the ride. Or somebody's going over the side and into the drink. Nothing personal just business."

drum-n-bass
2008-10-06, 09:54 PM
Standing up from landing on a pile of something the halfling says to the man We are none of the above, we are only wishing to go to.....to...... well we are heading some where and I think all of us can pay your fair.

littlebottom
2008-10-07, 06:04 AM
tilmann hands over the 2S to the shipmaster and says as my halfling friend was saying, we were... in a rush to get down this river, we have a time limit shall we say, so it was of the upmost importance we ran, we are no criminals!............. tilmann falls into silence after raising his voice, realizeing he was being over pretective of the shipmasters comments, tilmann just felt a little offended was all, as as a sigmarian priest he has to try his best to be righteous, but tilmann knew he shouldnt over-react to a little joke.

Xsesiv
2008-10-07, 10:08 AM
They see an elf on the boat, bouncing the end of his brand-new, yew, maple and horn layered Elfbow on the floor to check for springiness, evidently having just changed the string. He is well over six foot tall, wears common clothing in brown, green and drab grey, and also leather armour, and has very strange colourings: bright-silver hair, though he is quite young for an elf, and dark violet eyes that flash magenta as he raises his eyebrows and nods in greeting, before, after cutting the string shorter with his dagger, bending the bow to five feet, and trying again, he sits up, twangs the string, then, satisfied, he slings his bow back over his skinny back and replaces the dagger in a boot sheath. This is Ravandil, though the adventurers don‘t know it yet.

littlebottom
2008-10-07, 11:17 AM
tilmann wanders over towards the elf, hey, where are you heading travler? dont see too many elves these ways, i am tilmann, an initiate of the temple of sigmar does the sign of the twin tailed comet these fellow travlers are, beau ciderbottom, thats the halfling, siegfried is the man behind me here, joachim is the slightly more quiet of us and the lady is ilsa. who are you?

Xsesiv
2008-10-07, 12:20 PM
The elf glances up.

"I, human, am Ravandil Falandar of the Reikwald Forest; a Kithband Warrior. I am here because my sister, Siluvaine, is an Apprentice Wizard, sent by her master, Wizard Mellion, to Gersdorf, for a spell ingredient. An errand."
The elf's eyes darken. "As you may have come to expect, orcs enjoy raping and pillaging our forest villages and we have reason to believe they may try again, fairly soon. I collect my sister because at the moment every elf counts, and I may get to kill some filthy orcs on the way."

Spurred on by the mere thought of battle, the elf shakes his very long hair back and puts it into a ponytail.

"But I have talked much. What do you and your companions do here?"

littlebottom
2008-10-07, 05:04 PM
gah, dirty greenskins, i hate them myself, as a priest of sigmar especialy... can we trust you elf? well im sure we can, we are heading down river to try and save a mans life by proving his innocence by getting evidence but when we have this evidence we must travle back to where we are now, to actually prove his innocence, but we have limited time due to the man imprisoned is about to be killed, sometime within the next few days perhaps! tilmann doesnt look guitly that he just spilt the beans as he believes he can trust this elf... something about those eyes say to tilmann that the elf is a good man.... a good elf

Ipphli
2008-10-07, 05:05 PM
Joachim

Joachim pays the shipmaster, then turns to study the elf. He looks him over, then goes and sits down out of the way. At the elf's question he speaks up, just loud enough to be heard. "We're helping a man back in the village clear his name. Hopefully."

Xsesiv
2008-10-07, 05:30 PM
The elf's Reikspiel is formal, but stilted. "Not some kind of convoluted plot to get me thrown in prison and executed too? Some humans, mainly the idiotically suspicious ones, go to worse lengths to secure the death of an elf." The elf pulls out his dagger again and scratches his chin with the point. "No, how could I dare to doubt a priest's companions? I believe you, and I bear no injustice whilst I may avoid it. As I go to Gersdorf, I will aid you, that is, if you wish it?" The elf sits back in complete, semi-anxious earnest, unpracticed in human affairs, waiting for a response.

Suzuro
2008-10-07, 05:34 PM
Ilsa gaggles around the elf with the others...however she was probably far more interested in the bow....What can I say? Elfbows are nice!

s'well balanced bow you've got there... she states plainly to the elf.

-Suzuro

Xsesiv
2008-10-07, 05:40 PM
"It is indeed excellent; made by the master craftsmen of the elves, which, as we know, are some of the greatest craftsmen in any of the universes." The elf takes the bow off his back and examines it. "I believe it would fetch a great price on the human market; not that I would ever sell it. This is a testament to the hard work I put in defending our beloved forests from green-skinned marauders."
Slinging the bow back across his back he asks Ilsa: "Why do you mention it?", then, not caring for the answer, turns to the other adventurers. "Tell me about the man you try to save."

littlebottom
2008-10-08, 05:24 PM
the man were trying to save? tilmann says well from what we know, a bounty hunter has accused him of being a bandit whos crimes will be paid for with death... but we have reason to believe that he is infact not the man for whom these crimes and thus this punishment apply. if we can find his real wife or some sort of proof of who he realy is, we may yet be able to save him. but apparently he is to be hanged as soon as a road warden comes by, we may have days, maybe hours,perhaps a week at best so you see we cant be waisting our time, as every second passes, another chance we are too late passes by...

Xsesiv
2008-10-08, 06:03 PM
"Let us waste no time! I cannot, and will not, allow injustice to pass!" After the emotion, the elf turns his head towards the ground, not knowing whether or not a human would act in this truthful way, feeling embarrassed and vaguely isolated. "That is; if you would be good enough to permit me to assist you and your esteemed group? I could be a valuable member of our party."

drum-n-bass
2008-10-08, 06:15 PM
I would be glad to have you join me and our esteemed party. You seem to be really good with bows. Oh, by the way, I am Beau Ciderbottom chef, brewer, farmer extraordinaire from the Moot. he says after paying the shipmaster.

Xsesiv
2008-10-09, 10:45 AM
"I had thought halflings never left the Moot. I would be honoured to lend my head and my bow to your just cause; but what of you, halfling? Why are you here, and not in the Moot?"

In case I need a Charm test for such a personal topic, Ravandil's Fellowship is 35, and here's the roll: 1d100

edit: OOC: This doesn't work for me. Can someone roll d100 against my Charm for me?

littlebottom
2008-10-09, 05:33 PM
for Xsesivs charm (fel 35) [roll0] *edit* wow you realy owe me for that roll :D and drum, you better start thinking deeper into some back story (sorry) *edit* i am glad to hear that you lend us your sevices, you will prove most helpful, friend. tilmann smiles at the elf, grinning widley to show his teeth and looking extreamly merry, tilmann has always enjoyed company that doesnt tell him to go and clean the temple floor, he felt much more at ease when he didnt have his pushy supiriors around. although he still respects them and such, but there isnt much for a lowly initiate to do in a small temple.

drum-n-bass
2008-10-09, 05:34 PM
I am on my way to some private matters in Midehiem, and I am also looking for a place to set up a new restaurant in. he says with a smile.

Xsesiv
2008-10-09, 05:39 PM
"Indeed? Well, Gerdorf is a little far astray; come to think of it we are nearly docked there. Shall we disembark?"

Suzuro
2008-10-10, 07:43 PM
Ilsa looks out excitedlyAlright! New places to explore and look around! Should be fun! Lets go!

-Suzuro

Name_Here
2008-10-10, 10:11 PM
The boat pulls up to the Gerdsdorf dock in the early afternoon allowing everybody traveling to Gerdsdorf to get off at the sleepy little town.

As you get off you do so under the watch of a member of the local militia which is usually enough to fight scare off the occasional raider. The town is small even by the local standards barely justifying the protection of the local barons.

Xsesiv
2008-10-11, 09:38 AM
Ravandil steps onto the dock feeling vaguely ill; he has spent over 24 hours on a boat with nothing to eat and only algae-filled river water to drink. "Do you wish to start what we came for immediately or shall we go to a tavern-for some information of course; and it may be we can obtain some food on the way through.

littlebottom
2008-10-11, 07:14 PM
tilmann laughs good idea, go get us all some food and collect what info you can from the tavern, here take these few silver and buy me what ever looks nice, i recomend a few go with you and a few come with me, name dropping the criminals name and the innocents name, door to door or to passers by, this might save us some time splitting up and we all get some food... its a small town so i doubt we will get lost. im sure we will be able to find each other quickly if we get some important information and after you buy us some food from the tavern tilmann hands over a few silver keep the change and heads off towards the nearest house ( not tavern )

Xsesiv
2008-10-12, 01:11 PM
"I choose for my team...Joachim and Ciderbottom. You two can come with me. Tilmann, Ilsa and Sigfried can look around the rest of the town. Does anyone have objections?"

littlebottom
2008-10-12, 02:43 PM
tilmann shouts back from the nearest housenope, no objections here just hurry up, tilmann knocks on the first door hello? anybody in? i need to speak with you on an important matter!

Xsesiv
2008-10-12, 03:41 PM
"I remember that I must also send my sister Siluvaine back to the Reikwald Forest, if ever I see her," says Ravandil, leading Joachim and Ciderbottom to the nearest tavern. "Three ales and six meals, if you please, bartender; and have you met a certain - contact of mine - Emmerich Handler? Heinz Gerber? Or Siluvaine Falandar?"

Charm against Fel 35-1d100<-- eh, anyone...?

littlebottom
2008-10-12, 04:38 PM
fel 35 charm check for Xsesiv (hope its another good roll) [roll0]

Ipphli
2008-10-12, 07:05 PM
Joachim

Joachim listens to the others, not saying anything. After they land, he quietly follows after the elf. He glances around the tavern, trying to see if anyone perks up or reacts to the names the elf drops.

Name_Here
2008-10-12, 07:20 PM
@ tilmann
A plump woman in her late 20s answers the door followed by 2 small children and a baby under one arm. "How can I help you?"

@Ravandil
Bartender starts pouring the ale and says "Don't know any of the others but Emmerich Handler lives just next door. He's not home right now though left for better pastures awhile back.

Xsesiv
2008-10-13, 02:11 AM
"Hmm, I will be sure to remember that. Thank you sir; how much will the food and drink come to?"

littlebottom
2008-10-13, 06:56 AM
tilmann does the symbol of the hammer to the ladyi am tilmann, a priest of sigmar, and i must ask you if either of these names mean anything to you... Heinz Gerber... and Emmerich Handler?

this is a basic gossip i believe (although if she directly knows him like his wife etc then this should be irrelevant but might as well roll) fel 32 gossip check [roll0] margin of failiure of 2 so not too bad, (unless you deam it a "easy" check etc giving a +10 on the skill for that roll or whatever)

Suzuro
2008-10-13, 09:30 AM
Ilsa began looking around the town, walking down streets, she saw people gingerly making their way about town. It reminded her of her own hometown. She felt homesick, that hadn't happened in years.

A passerby snapped her back to the present when she nearly ran into him in her mind-fog.

Excuse me sir, She continues to ask him if any of the names sound familiar, then thanks him for his time and continues as before.

-Suzuro

Morty
2008-10-13, 02:27 PM
((I'm back. Since I couldn't post during Ravandil's introduction assume Siegfired greeted him curtly without saying much, but his eyes seemed to brighten when he mentioned his sister being an apprentice wizard. He also commented ironically that the man they're trying to save should thank the gods for such a big group of people trying to help him.))
Siegfried follows Tilmann and Ilsa. He lets the others do the talking, instead trying to look as innocent as possible. He seems strangely nervous.

Name_Here
2008-10-14, 07:41 PM
@Littlebottom: The woman looks at you for a moment with a flabbergasted look on her face. "Emmerich Handler. His wife and his little girl live next to the "Dozing Chimera Inn" Just a few blocks over. Heinz Gerber I've heard before but I can't say where." With that she pushes her children back and slams the door.

@Xsesiv "12p for everything. You can split the bill however you like"

littlebottom
2008-10-15, 09:23 AM
tilmann looks a little shocked as the woman slams the door but shouts through the door anyway thank you for you time, may sigmar bless this household! and turns to ilsa and siegfried hmmmm seems we are heading next door the the tavern, lets not waste any time. and heads towards where ravandil, joachim and ciderbottom had headed knowing thats where the inn was, then aproaches the inn to tell the others he knew where to go, walking into the inn tilmann says to the others weve found where he lives, next door to here actually. so lets go. tilmann waits till ravandil pays the inkeep for a reply

Xsesiv
2008-10-15, 10:07 AM
Ravandil places 12p onto the bar and hands out the food. He gets up and replies to Tilmann. "Indeed; we found the exact same information here. Unfortunately nobody has heard of Heinz Gerber or my sister Siluvaine. Shall we be going?"

Morty
2008-10-15, 10:18 AM
Well, looks like that man's story is true so far. We should probably go and talk to this wife of his. I didn't like it how fast that woman we asked shut this door though...

Xsesiv
2008-10-15, 10:26 AM
Ravandil stands up and goes out of the bar to the next house along. "It is possible," he says, turning to the others if they have followed him or going back to the bar if they haven't, "that this is an elaborate trap concocted by this bounty hunter to pass us off as criminals. If someone would be good enough to knock, I will cover the door with my bow readied for any attacks."

Suzuro
2008-10-15, 04:30 PM
Yeah....let's get going, and if something goes wrong.....we'll deal with it when it comes. But this might all go right, for all we know. We'll never know unless we get moving though! Let's. Go! Ilsa urged the others and then began walking to the house.

-Suzuro

Xsesiv
2008-10-15, 04:33 PM
Ravandil goes to stand a way back in front of the door with his bow pointed at it. "Someone knock."

drum-n-bass
2008-10-15, 05:05 PM
Beau Ciderbottom sees his chance to shine and knocks, somewhat loudly for a small man, and waits for an answer.

littlebottom
2008-10-15, 06:15 PM
tilmann wordlessly steps up next to (and somewhat "infront") of beau ciderbottom as if trying to protect him if something goes wrong plus tilmann is quite hevily protected by armour for most priests... except for sigmarian and possibly ulrick priests, tilmann tried to look friendly as not to intimidate anyone unnesesarily

Ipphli
2008-10-15, 09:54 PM
Joachim

Joachim nods wordlessly at mention of it being a trap. He stands at the corner of the house, keeping more of an eye on the streets around them than the house itself as Beau knocks.

Morty
2008-10-16, 09:08 AM
Siegfried stands some distance away, pretending not to have anything to do with those people, but keeping an eye on the house.

Name_Here
2008-10-16, 03:28 PM
A young woman answers the door obviously shocked at the large and culturally diverse group at her door.

"Can I help you with something?" She asks though the half opened door.

Xsesiv
2008-10-17, 04:15 PM
Ravandil, though looking sheepish, does not put his bow away, nor the arrow in his other hand, and steps in to avoid an awkward silence. "I apologise for the weapons, but it is a necessary precaution; are you Mrs. Handler?" Ravandil's thoughts rush round his head as he thinks the poor man may even now be dangling from a rope. He wipes his forehead with the back of his hand, worried about the effect the news could have on his wife.

Name_Here
2008-10-20, 07:39 AM
"Yes I am. Is something the matter?" Replies the woman with a little bit of worry in her eyes.

Morty
2008-10-20, 08:18 AM
Siegfried sighs. The situation calls for some straightforwardness, preferably before they're all run out of town. Well, your husband has been accused of banditry and is currently locked up. He asked us to help him and suggested coming here.

Name_Here
2008-10-20, 05:29 PM
"Emmerich? You've got to be joking. He's gone to the city to find work we'll be leaving once he situates himself." She scoffs.

Suzuro
2008-10-21, 12:08 AM
Look, lady. We found him locked up in a pit, and if you don't believe us, well then, we tried to help him, it's on you if he dies.

-Suzuro

Name_Here
2008-10-21, 04:31 PM
"In a pit? What in Sigmar's name are you talking about? What is my Emmrlich doing in a pit? Speak clearly" She says a slight bit of panic entering her voice.

Morty
2008-10-21, 04:49 PM
Apparently a bounty hunter mistook him for a wanted criminal, whether intentionally or not we don't know. Either way, he asked us to help prove his innocence.

Name_Here
2008-10-21, 07:13 PM
"Captured by a bounty hunter for being a bandit? He'll be executed, I need to go I need to get my daughter I need to..." She starts hyperventilating and then falls over as she faints.

drum-n-bass
2008-10-21, 07:58 PM
Oh man, what do we do now? Beau says after being shocked by the whole ordeal.

Ipphli
2008-10-21, 11:14 PM
Joachim

Joachim looks over at the lady, then at the others. "We either take her with us, or we leave. Its up to you." He shrugs, then rolls his shoulders a bit, as if in anticipation.

Morty
2008-10-22, 08:28 AM
I don't think it's good idea to take her with us. The people will talk and she needs to take care of her house and children. We should wake her up, tell her everything's going to be alright and get as much help from her as possible.

Xsesiv
2008-10-22, 10:04 AM
"I will easily awaken her," says Ravandil, pulling out his tankard and making his way towards the village well to throw some water on her.

littlebottom
2008-10-22, 10:20 AM
no dont throw that, let me try and wake her.

im guessing a "heal" roll might be used here? well ill roll on it and if not tell me otherwise, as i cant realy think of anything else to use without possibly making her realy mad by throwing water on her :P anyway, int 32 [roll0] ah crap i always fail my rolls :smallfurious: looks like it wont work, might have to throw the water anyway

tilmann kneels down next to her and tries to awaken her, checking if her pulse was still going regularily and and if she was breething properly, and tries to wake her

Xsesiv
2008-10-22, 04:19 PM
Ravandil tries a slightly more rural and less technical approach, dumping the water on the woman's head while prodding her in the side with the toe of his boot, and shouting "Wake up, woman!".

Using Heal Skill - Ravandil's Int is 39. Roll:[roll0] Perfect.

Suzuro
2008-10-23, 02:55 PM
Someone wake 'er up, of I'll grab her and we can take her back that way....although someone else has to grab the child....I don't do children...

-Suzuro

Xsesiv
2008-10-23, 03:07 PM
"We cannot drag an innocent woman and her child out of the village, especially one as tight-knit as this." Ravandil, his purple eyes becoming stormy from frustration, pours another tankard of water on the woman's face. "Aside from its being kidnap, we are sure to attract the attention of the law we are currently trying to undermine."

Morty
2008-10-23, 03:14 PM
Let us not forget peasants with torches and pitchforks.

Xsesiv
2008-10-23, 03:29 PM
""Agreed." Ravandil turns to Ilsa. "Let us proceed with caution, my hot-tempered friend."

Name_Here
2008-10-25, 12:37 AM
The woman sputters and spits as she wakes up from the water being poured on her. Drenched to the bone she promptly kicks all of you out of her home saying for you to wait there.

A few moments later she emerges in a new change of cloths with a small child held firmly in tow. "Now how do I get to the prison where they are holding my Husband?" She demands

Morty
2008-10-25, 06:08 AM
We got here by boat. Your husband is caged up next to tavern near the road to Middenheim. I don't know if we can get back via the boat as well, though.

Suzuro
2008-10-26, 11:14 PM
...prison? Ilsa lets out a short, humorless, laugh. We wish he was in a prison, it's really just a hole....in the ground. A pit, like I said. I also don't know how to get back, though...

-Suzuro

Xsesiv
2008-10-28, 12:12 PM
"Let us make our way to the landing-point. I suppose we could take the boat back; even if we cannot, we will still know the direction from the position of the other town on the river." Ravandil, his tankard already out, fills it again from the well and takes a drink; he certainly does not want to have to drink the foul river water again.

Suzuro
2008-10-29, 07:37 PM
Yeah...that would be best. Hopefully we can make it back soon, then...

-Suzuro

Name_Here
2008-10-30, 07:52 AM
You have to wait a few minutes while she gathers up a few things and gets her daughter ready to travel. As you walk to the landing point several people march up along side her asking her if everything is okay and why several armed goons were marching around town demanding to see her. Mrs. Handler takes a few seconds to tell the tale very quickly without breaking stride. Each of the villagers wishes her the best and hopes that Emrlich comes back alright.

Morty
2008-10-30, 09:17 AM
Do we really expect the boats to go both ways? I mean, moving the boat against the stream is bound to be hard.
((I'm not sure if all of us can be called "armed goons", to be honest...))

littlebottom
2008-10-30, 09:21 AM
do you know how often the boat comes by? tilmann keeps up with the group and looks smug to be doing the right thing but, there was a small flash of worry that would show from his face every now and then as he wondered weather this realy is the right thing, either way he hopes it is, and that no harm befalls the woman and the child and that they are not too late to save the husband and farther of the two

turning to siegfried, tilmann says well it must do, otherwise how can it keep going down the river one way and never go back to do it again? tilmann stops for a second well even if it does it could be hours, days, weeks even before it comes back. we might have to just follow the river back, that may be our best option

Xsesiv
2008-10-30, 11:05 AM
"Allow me to check for the boat. If I see nothing I suggest we move along."

Using Perception skill. (Int 39 with +20 for Excellent Vision) [roll0].

"No, I see nothing. Shall we move on?"

littlebottom
2008-10-31, 06:28 AM
hmmm i wonder where the boat is now then? tilmann looks around for the boat

int 32 [roll0] on spot check on the boat again edit: if its there ill see it, but is it there?

Suzuro
2008-11-02, 02:49 PM
Well...assuming we can't get a boat, what are our other options? walking back?

-Suzuro

Ipphli
2008-11-02, 06:39 PM
Joachim

Joachim shakes his head. "We'd never get back in time."

Morty
2008-11-03, 10:05 AM
That's true. And we can't really afford horses. So we can only hope we can catch a boat.

Name_Here
2008-11-04, 03:38 PM
There are several river boats that make livings plying the trading lanes along the river. Might not set into a town in the middle of the day but it is possible to flag them down to pick up a few tourists to make a few extra gold. Try the same thing on the road and you're probably be filled with bolts of people who think you're a pirate.