PDA

View Full Version : Pocket PC

tarlen
2005-12-03, 10:56 PM
I've tried looking at this site from my Pocket PC a couple of times (Windows Mobile 2003), and nothing works on it.

None of the images in the menu appear, and if I try clicking where I know them to be, I get errors. :'(

Having said that, it really isn't an issue at all, it would just be another cool feature.

RawBear, if you ever want someone to test the site on a PPC, let me know, I'd be more than happy to help. :)

Fale
2005-12-05, 05:58 AM
I just recently got a Pocket PC too that's running Windows Mobie 5, so I fully support this idea too. I don't get any errors and put simply, I can browse the site. There are a few slight problems for me however.

The logo bar up the top is about 150% larger then what it should be but the main thing is that the comic is too small to read. The browser tries resizes the pages (and the objects on it) so it fits the width of the screen. I'm sure there is way to override this via HTML, but I don't know what it is.

I could post a picture if you like.

tarlen
2005-12-07, 03:01 PM
Okay, so here's something odd.

Last night I tried playing with this a bit more, and discovered that while the main page of the site doesn't work, if I go directly to the comic, it all works.

In response to the last post, my copy of Pocket IE has an option "Fit to Screen" in the View menu that will allow the comic to be displayed in all it's full-sized, scrollable, OosTy glory. ;D

So it does work, I just need to bookmark the right page.

RawBearNYC
2005-12-07, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry, I have no intention of making the site work on pocket PC or any Palm OS browser. It's just more trouble than it's worth and there isn't a large enough userbase for those devices (of course, Blazer on my Treo shows the site fine, but that's really not affecting my decision, no really.)

tarlen
2005-12-07, 05:40 PM
Fair enough. As I (sort of) said in the first post, it would be nothing more than a "nice to have" anyway.

The only time I really use my Pocket PC for browsing at all is when I'm having trouble sleeping, but can't be bothered getting up and switching on my computer. There is just something annoying about using a 240x320 screen to browse when you're used to 1600x1200.

And in any case, since I have figured out that I can read OotS on it anyway, I'm happy. ;D

tarlen
2005-12-16, 12:52 AM
So more playing has shown that it is as I said above.

For some reason, the front page of the site doesn't work, but everything else does.

I posted this from my PPC.

My professional opinion: Weird

:)