PDA

View Full Version : Gleemax Forums Down/Lagged?

Nakath
2008-09-19, 11:10 AM
Is anyone else having problems resolving them? (This is really the only place i knew I'd find a lot of people who might know)

I'm getting a 'Redirect Loop' error on Firefox
IE (though it hasn't been updated in a while) never resolves at all

RTGoodman
2008-09-19, 11:35 AM
Well, if I remember correctly there was an announcement several weeks/months ago that Gleemax was going to go the way of the dinosaurs and they were switching back to the actual Wizards forums. That could be the problem.

EDIT: Here (http://gleemax.com/Comms/Pages/Communities/BlogPost.aspx?blogpostid=96074&pagemode=2&blogid=2158)'s the blog post about it if you're interested and can see it. If you can't even get to that, I don't know what the problem is. Sorry.

Nakath
2008-09-19, 11:42 AM
I'd seen the announcement and can see it now - but i'm wondering if they've taken the forums offline or if it's just me.

Curmudgeon
2008-09-19, 11:51 AM
It's just you, apparently.

kamikasei
2008-09-19, 11:54 AM
I can see the forums fine at the moment. However, they are frequently down.

Keld Denar
2008-09-19, 11:56 AM
Those forums are a pain in the rear. I've over there often, and sometimes, for no apparent reason, I'll get the permissions error screen, saying that I don't have access to view the thread, or that my account has been banned or whatever. Its not even the standard "We're down for backup/update" error I get often enough. I'll hit refresh 20 minutes later, and the thread loads like normal, as if nothing had happened. WotC needs to hire a group of adventurers to go on a gremlin hunt, cause something's wonky about their forums.

Zeta Kai
2008-09-19, 12:02 PM
It's probably you, because I was able to see the forums just now. Considering the impending shutdown any minute now, it's for the best that you jump ship while you can. The zealous crackdown on 3E content/enthusiasts chased away a number of people already, so I won't be sad to see it go.

kamikasei
2008-09-19, 12:23 PM
Hang on, I didn't think they were shutting down the forums. They're scrapping Gleemax, yeah, but the forums were the Wizards forums first and were migrated to Gleemax, right? Aren't they just going to migrate them back to Wizards again, or something similar?

I thought it was the whole "gaming blogs/community" stuff that no one seems to have used or known existed that they're getting rid of.

Frosty
2008-09-19, 12:37 PM
I haven't been back in a while. Are the wizard moderators really punishing people for discussion 3.5?

Keld Denar
2008-09-19, 12:45 PM
Not really, I don't think anyone has been warned or banned for mearly discussing 3.5 content. Some people probably got into a bit of trouble for violating the CoC by flaming Gamer_Zero over the whole reorganization thing, including the tactless firing of Meg, formally known as WizO_Autumn.

Thats not to say they aren't indirectly driving players from their site. By lumping CharOp, TheoOp, CharDev, and a couple other boards into one giant messy mess, they've definitely driven more than a few into hiding.

Most of the guys I know who posted often have migrated to Brilliant Gameologist, a forum run by Meg. It even has a min/max optimization forum devoted to 3.5, and another for 4.0 (not that there is really much optimization needed for 4.0...).