PDA

View Full Version : Registration Problems

RawBearNYC
2005-12-03, 05:02 PM
An increasing number of people are having problems with registering on these messages boards. For the time being, until we ferret out what the problem is, I'm going to set down a few guidelines for registration and password problems.

If you tried to register but never received a notification e-mail or if you've forgotten your password, please send an e-mail to me, [email protected] from the e-mail address you registered with. I will make a reasonable effort to verify that the e-mail hasn't been forged. If so, I will set a new password and encourage you to change it at your next logon.

If you registered with an incorrect e-mail address, I will only make changes if the account has no posts and is less than a week old.

Please remember that usernames on yaBB running on a Linux server are case sensitive. It's important you remember the case you used when you registered your account. Something I hear alot is people try the 'forgot password' link and are told the username doesn't exist, but when they try to reregister they're told the username is taken (seems that the registration routines aren't case sensitive). Chances are, if you can remember what case you used when you registered, the "forgot password" function will solve most of these issues.

Thank you.

RawBearNYC
2005-12-09, 03:04 PM
Some good news. It looks like I've figured what was wrong with the e-mail system, and while I haven't fixed that problem, I've found a way around it. It looks like e-mail notifications and sending passwords to users now works. I've you've tried the "forgot password" link before Friday, December 9, try it again, before messaging me.