PDA

View Full Version : Spaceballs the animated series.

Jayngfet
2008-09-19, 01:28 PM
http://www.bounceyourspaceballs.com/

Spaceballs the animated series premieres this month, I'm hopefull but not too hopefull.

Fan
2008-09-19, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't expect much Fet, but hope is there.

snoopy13a
2008-09-19, 01:36 PM
The idea is about 20 years too late. You can't have Spaceballs without John Candy anyway.

CTrombley
2008-09-19, 01:57 PM
Brooks is involved so it can't be all bad. I just don't think it looks good, graphically speaking. I mean everything I've seen just looks bad. But, I've only seen a few stills and a commercial so I'm not committing to any statement yet.

True the late great John Candy will not be appearing, but Tino Insana is not some unknown schlub they pulled off the streets. He's done voice acting for Darkwing Duck and written episodes of "Police Squad!" (the funniest TV show of all time). There's really not going to be a better replacement for the man we lost too early.

The real loss is Second City's Rick Moranis. He's the man who developed almost all of Dark Helmet's shticks! Remember the scene where he's playing with the dolls? All the dialog is completely improvised by Rick Moranis (Brooks came up with the idea, but the execution is pure Moranis). The Helmet Up/Helmet Down voices? Moranis's idea. Incidentally, you might want to buy Rick Moranis's country album, The Agoraphobic Cowboy. It's really funny and well performed.

So, my opinion of S:TAS in summation, even if it isn't as great as the movie, it's still Mel Brooks. Unless somebody is actively trying to butcher it, we're gonna get some good jokes.

Mr. Scaly
2008-09-19, 03:21 PM
Huh. This is one of those things that never even occur to me. But...no Rick Moranis...?

snoopy13a
2008-09-19, 03:44 PM
The real loss is Second City's Rick Moranis. He's the man who developed almost all of Dark Helmet's shticks! Remember the scene where he's playing with the dolls? All the dialog is completely improvised by Rick Moranis (Brooks came up with the idea, but the execution is pure Moranis). The Helmet Up/Helmet Down voices? Moranis's idea. Incidentally, you might want to buy Rick Moranis's country album, The Agoraphobic Cowboy. It's really funny and well performed.

At one point, Rick Moranis was actually making a bunch of movies. Both ghostbusters movies, spaceballs, Parenthood with Steve Martin, the Honey I shrunk the Kids movies, etc.

DraPrime
2008-09-19, 03:50 PM
I seriously doubt this will be all that good. Movie to cartoon show transfers rarely go well.

CTrombley
2008-09-19, 04:13 PM
At one point, Rick Moranis was actually making a bunch of movies. Both ghostbusters movies, spaceballs, Parenthood with Steve Martin, the Honey I shrunk the Kids movies, etc.

You left out his character Bob McKenzie, ya hoser! He was really good in that one, eh? He was like "My speech is full uh verbal fillers, okay... uh, I also pause occasionally when I talk, okay."

Bob and Doug McKenzie were charachters on Second City TV, where Mr. Moranis got his break. Also John Candy, and even the great, iconic Harold Ramis!

turkishproverb
2008-09-20, 12:48 AM
Huh, I wonder if this is going to incorporate the script they wrote for SPACE BALLS 3: THE SEARCH FOR SPACE BALLS 2