PDA

View Full Version : Belkar death theories

Neko Toast
2008-09-19, 10:13 PM
Real title: Your theories on Belkar's cause of death.

Just want to know your own hypothesis. I haven't devised my own just yet.

RMS Oceanic
2008-09-19, 10:14 PM
I dunno, Crystal death attacks him by mistake?

MReav
2008-09-19, 10:15 PM
Eaten by a Grue.

RosesOnConcrete
2008-09-19, 10:32 PM
Human sacrifice to bring Roy back. Or possibly death by MoJ.

Mewtarthio
2008-09-19, 10:36 PM
He's currently a basically helpless halfling with no sense of tact or diplomacy in a city filled with theives and killers. Said city is also surrounded by dangerous wilderness, and his two comrades are a slyph who thinks he should be punished for his numerous atrocities and a rogue who simply tolerates his existence (and, as we learned before the Memory Charm kicked in, is one step away from abandoning him altogether). I don't know the exact details, but odds are good he's not getting reunited with Durkon et al.

Oh, and FYI, you're allowed to have titles that reference events in the comic. Spoilers only "count" if they spoil events in one of the prequel books (it's also considered good form to label speculation threads, such as this one, by including a "[spoiler]" note before or after the title). It's generally assumed that everyone reads the entire archives before reading the forums.

drengnikrafe
2008-09-19, 10:36 PM
Possibly... inability to eat for lengthened period of time due to sickness that ultimately kills him?
Nah, too lame...

Ahh, all his sickness keeps him from thinking or being evil, which eventually changes his alignment to neutral. The thought of being neutral makes him off himself?

I really don't know.

Neko Toast
2008-09-19, 10:40 PM
He's currently a basically helpless halfling with no sense of tact or diplomacy in a city filled with theives and killers. Said city is also surrounded by dangerous wilderness, and his two comrades are a slyph who thinks he should be punished for his numerous atrocities and a rogue who simply tolerates his existence (and, as we learned before the Memory Charm kicked in, is one step away from abandoning him altogether). I don't know the exact details, but odds are good he's not getting reunited with Durkon et al.

Oh, and FYI, you're allowed to have titles that reference events in the comic. Spoilers only "count" if they spoil events in one of the prequel books (it's also considered good form to label speculation threads, such as this one, by including a "[spoiler]" note before or after the title). It's generally assumed that everyone reads the entire archives before reading the forums.

I see. My bad. I'm a first-time poster here, and I didn't want to get flamed or anything.

keeperoflore
2008-09-19, 10:47 PM
Eaten by a Grue.

the way i want to die! i concur.

The Tygre
2008-09-19, 10:50 PM
He dies, goes to the Abyss, and re-appears as a lesser demon three hundred strips later. What? It could happen...

charl
2008-09-20, 12:27 AM
Killed by the monster in the dark.

MReav
2008-09-20, 12:32 AM
Killed by the monster in the dark.

The Monster in the Dark is a mutant Grue.

David Argall
2008-09-20, 12:43 AM
We have the Oracle telling us it is strip year, not calendar year, which means Belkar will survive until January at least, which in turn means he survives until at least 620, which makes it most unlikely he will die in Greysky.

A possibility is that he will die in the retaking of Azure City.

d'Bwobsling
2008-09-20, 09:24 AM
Eaten by a Grue.

A Grue?

MReav
2008-09-20, 12:25 PM
A Grue?

It's from Zork. If you're in a pitch black area, a grue will come along and eat you. A light source will scare it away.

Niley
2008-09-20, 12:35 PM
He will be killed by the Snarl.

Danukian
2008-09-20, 02:52 PM
We have the Oracle telling us it is strip year, not calendar year, which means Belkar will survive until January at least, which in turn means he survives until at least 620, which makes it most unlikely he will die in Greysky.

A possibility is that he will die in the retaking of Azure City.

no the oracle says before the strip-year is up - so it is January At Most.

hnokki
2008-09-20, 03:37 PM

Unless he's using the same calendar as Azure City.

Knolan
2008-09-23, 12:09 PM
He will be turned into an undead...

Starbuck_II
2008-09-23, 12:21 PM
Belkar starts using his sickness as a weapon: Projectile vomitting the enemy.

Red Cloak kills him in a epic battle of magic and spew.

Lissou
2008-09-23, 12:29 PM

No, you misunderstood him.
he meant that if the Giant felt the need to say it was before the end of the in-comic year, not the real-time year, it meant it would be after the end of the real-time year.
Which I disagree with. It could also mean he wasn't positive it would be before the end of the real-time year, and didn't want to get complains if it happens afterwards. So, he specified it because he knows how readers can get.

Not sure why that was spoiled, but I decided to keep the trend...

TheBST
2008-09-23, 12:39 PM
The thieve's guild and the Golem-stein guy attack during Roy's resurrection ritual. Eventually there's only one thief left, who Belkar then takes out. This makes his MoJ worse, putting him at death's door (remember- only Roy and the Oracle know it's been set off)

Roy gets Rezzed and de-activates the MoJ, but too late. Belkar dies. Since they've no more diamonds, the Oracle said it would be permanent and Belkar is a complete monster, Roy and Haley decide that's it's probably for the best that Belkar remains dead.

Teatime
2008-09-23, 12:47 PM
Belkar Bitterleaf waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the city. He didn't see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Cernel Greenhilt were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Belkar was a ranger/barbarian for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the adventures and he said to dad "I want to go on the adventures daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS"
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the Greysky City he knew there were demons.
"This is Greenhilt" the radio crackered. "You must fight the demons!"
So Belkar gotted his knifes and stabbed the wall.
"HE GOING TO KILL US" said the demons
"I will shoot at him" said the sorcererdemon and he fired the magic missiles. Belkar knifed at him and tried to stab him. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
"No! I must kill the demons" he shouted
The radio said "No, Belkar. You are the demons"
And then Belkar was a zombie.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-09-23, 12:48 PM
Eventually there's only one thief left, who Belkar then takes out. This makes his MoJ worse, putting him at death's door (remember- only Roy and the Oracle know it's been set off)

Roy gets Rezzed and de-activates the MoJ, but too late.

Nice idea, but I don't think that's how the MoJ works. It doesn't get worse with each violation, the curse is set off once and that's it. Belkar wouldn't kill the thief anyway if he thought it would trigger it. Also, Roy could trigger the curse, but I'm not sure if even the spellcaster who made the mark could remove the curse without the proper spell.

dps
2008-09-23, 12:52 PM
Chokes to death on a ham sandwich--no, wait, that was Cass Elliot.

Ridureyu
2008-09-23, 01:33 PM
Belkar dies in a horrific, terrible way after redeeming himself by saving everyone. This would, of course, happen right after Haley or somebody else criticizes him with "I wish you were dead." The death is drawn out in a such a way as to make even Belkar-haters feel awful about it.

i.e., I think it's going to be a good, old-fashioned punch in the gut.

Assassin89
2008-10-05, 04:11 PM
Belkar is split in two and fights his dark side and stabs him to death just like Black Mage of 8-bit theater (http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=051025)
Belkar is dead but he still lives provided both sides don't kill each other at the same time:smallbiggrin:
That or insane fire wizard burns him with an over powered fireball

Traker
2008-10-05, 04:19 PM
killed by the halfling in the theafs guild

Thant
2008-10-05, 05:07 PM
Belkars aunt Judy finally tracks him down and when she sees him vomiting all around Greysky nags him to -1 HP with "young man, look at yourself?! when do you think to come home...(nag nag nag)" - style speech and then he reaches -10 from embarrassment in front of the other (currently present) members of the Order:smallsmile:

Deploy
2008-10-05, 09:42 PM
At the last gate team evil will face off against the Order, when Tsukiko sees Mr. Scruffy she screams "ARGHH, it's that cat!" and launch a spell at him, Belkar will jump in front of Mr. S and gets hit. Elan acknowledges that Belkar actually cares about someone, Belkar will scream "No!!! I died heroically!!!"

This would be proper punishment for Belkar's actions!

TheBST
2008-10-05, 09:49 PM
Belkar actually cares about someone, Belkar will scream "No!!! I died heroically!!!"

This would be proper punishment for Belkar's actions!

That or Belkar decides to go out heroically because by this point it's the only reason anyone would even consider resurrecting him.

Team: "Maybe he had a change of heart..."
*REZ*
Belkar: "Or maybe it's no fun stabbing people who are already dead! HAHA."

Lowkey
2008-10-05, 10:46 PM
As I understand it, when evil being like Belkar die, their afterlife is a form of reward - they become demons and get to continue to indulge in wanton slaughter and atrocities. That's pretty much a happy ending for Belkar, and the Oracle's prediction for Elan, while not iron clad, hints that things will end rather poorly for the rest of the party. In that vein, I doubt Belkar will die and go to the afterlife. So I expect that he will ultimately be undone by the Snarl.

Grail
2008-10-06, 10:04 PM
Elan kills Belkar after he stabs Haley.

nowiwantmydmg
2008-10-07, 02:00 PM
Explosive Diarehea will kill him after eating at Taco Belle.

ObadiahtheSlim
2008-10-07, 02:54 PM
Roy gets raised and then kills Belkar.

Kish
2008-10-07, 03:56 PM
As I understand it, when evil being like Belkar die, their afterlife is a form of reward - they become demons and get to continue to indulge in wanton slaughter and atrocities. That's pretty much a happy ending for Belkar, and the Oracle's prediction for Elan, while not iron clad, hints that things will end rather poorly for the rest of the party.

Therkla didn't have a happy ending. Neither did Kubota, for that matter.

The Oracle's prediction for Elan indicates that Elan will have a happy ending and not everyone will (which would be an impossibility, as a happy ending for Xykon is automatically an unhappy ending for everyone else). Nothing more, nothing less. It does not hint that things will end poorly for the rest of the party.

Traker
2008-10-07, 07:09 PM
Roy gets raised and then kills Belkar.

If Roy wanted to kill Balker then he already would have done it.:elan:

Linkavitch
2008-10-07, 07:15 PM
Belkar never dies. He finds, in the Theive's Guild Stolen Item warehouse, an Amulet of Silence. The only thing about him that makes noise, besides speaking, is him breathing. So, the amulet makes him able to live without breathing. No, seriously, I made that up in, like, 30 seconds.

Finwe
2008-10-07, 09:00 PM
If Roy wanted to kill Balker then he already would have done it.:elan:

Not if it was something he saw while dead that made him want to kill Belkar.

Vossik
2008-10-07, 10:21 PM
Belkar will get killed by the son of Yikyik or Yakyak, his name will be Yukyuk