PDA

View Full Version : It's the End of the World as we know it and we Won!? IC

Pages : [1] 2

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 11:17 AM
Here is the IC posts. Will post shortly what happens.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 11:29 AM
A chill wind rises from the North, sucking the warmth out of the air. The moon shines on the walkways, and not a single cloud obscures its light. Standing in front of you is The Wandering Woman or so the sign says.

It is a worn out building that seems as if a single push could collapse it. It's paint has faded away, and the floorboards creak as you walk up the stairs to the entrance.

Once you enter, you notice the bar is half empty, even though its a little till midnight. You see a hooded figure drinking some ale from a corner table, and he is sitting alone. He glances at his wrist, and quietly drums his fingers across the table. No doubt this was the person who called you here.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 12:32 PM
Valve

Valve struts into the tavern with a perturbed look on his face. He looks completely out of place among the clientele, wearing fine, shapeless silk clothing, grey pants and a drab green shirt, and high quality brown boots, with a black fedora perched on top, a foot long ostritch feather poking out of the side and the brim pulled down over his eyes. They all hang loose on him, and give him a very swishy look. At his belt he wears a guardless, thin blade that is wrapped in oilcloth. He replaces the look with a grin, flashing long, white, flawless teeth. As he walks, his clothing and hair all move in an elegant, flowing manner, and he seems to glide an inch above the floor. The only thing that isn't flamboyant on him is a steel plated case he carries, very large and bulky, but he still manages to make it look elegant with his movements. He walks next to the hooded figure, and smiles down at him. My, how droll. He sits down next to him and snatches away the ale. "My dear sir, how can a refined man such as yourself drink such swill?" Tossing off the ale to splash in a corner of the room. "Here. Let me treat you to something much finer." He puts the case on the table in front of them, then unbuckles and opens it. Inside can be seen several vials and bottles, and a maze of compartments. In three of the bottles are very good wine, all spiked with a tasteless, odorless narcotic drug, which Valve had built up a complete immunity to. He then pulls out a bottle of wine and two crystal glasses. "Very fine vintage, this. You simply must try some," and opens the bottle, pouring a bit into each glass.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 01:02 PM
As you poor him a glass, the old man only smiles.

You wouldn't happen to be trying to poison an old man now would you Valve? Sit down and put your drink away while we wait for the others to join us. I will have none of that here. He pulls back his hood partially so you can see the white hair on his face. He wears no facial hair that is seen, yet his eyes sparkle like pools. Pools that are filled with knowledge.

You also realize that you never gave the man your name.

The bartender comes scurrying over at the signal of the old man, and he orders two bottles of wine. The best she has. He passes a gold coin into her hand. She nods and hurries away.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 01:16 PM
Valve chokes on his wine when the old man mentions the poison. He chuckles, to pass it off as incredulity. "Poison!? Now why would I poison my own wine!?" He laughs mirthfully. "Ah, you are an interesting old fellow. Go ahead and be distrustful. I assure you, however, that this place won't have any decent wine. I only drink the best." As he says this, Valve pours the man's glass of wine into his own, the wipes the glass down, wraps it back up, and puts it in its case. He nonchalantly picks up his glass with his left hand, smells it, then takes a sip, and as he does this he puts his right hand on the arm of his chair in an unassuming manner, out of sight of the man (he is sitting on his righthand side) and palms the dagger out of his wrist sheathe, to test him. Either the man is very smart, has been watching me, or is a mind reader. Let's see if he can't tell I'm harboring thoughts of killing him.
Sleight of hand roll: [roll0]

ocato
2008-09-20, 01:31 PM
Bruennen

The tavern door swings open violently, causing the entire building to shake, and in walks a stout little dwarf. His clothing is an interesting mix of finery and battle preparedness. He wears a fine tunic with a long-sleeve shirt underneath, and simple pants and boots. Over his tunic is a thick breastplate that glistens in a way to inform anyone with a novice knowledge of metals that it is mithral. He wears a large belt with dozens of small pouches sewn on to it, with a large crossbow and spear both strapped to his back. He has wiry brown hair that is twisted into braids, with small beads and pieces of metal to keep it. His beard is long and thick, but tucked into the front of his tunic. His eyes appear squinty, as if unaccustomed to the light, and a pair of thick goggles sit on his forehead. He walks a few paces into the tavern and laughs loudly, noticing the man he assumes to be his contact.

Thar y'are lad! Ah've ben lookin' fer ye! Ah didnae know ah were s'pposed t'huntcha like a drowsie though. Then agin, m'granpappy were the best tracker 'en th'world, so ah s'pose m'nat'ral skills led us both t'th' nat'ral conclusion! He smiles warmly, signaling the barmaid for a drink. Ef ye happen t'ave a dwarven lager ah'd b' much obliged miss. With this polite request, he takes a seat and smiles warmly. Bruennen Solokar, mates call m' Brue.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 02:01 PM
You pass the motion off as if you were just laying your hand there on the armrest, and the man doesnt notice. Just then a dwarf enters the tavern, and comes to the table.

The old man rises to greet him. Hello Bruennen. I hope you had a safe journey. I talked with your father as well. He is very pleased that you have you come here. Sit down sit down.

He motions for the dwarf to sit. I will fill you all in as soon as the rest of the group arrives.

The barmaid comes back, and she brings the bottoles of wine, and some dwarven lager.

Valve:

You notice that this man knew about your poison, and he also seems to know this dwarfs father. He seems very well informed indeed.

ocato
2008-09-20, 02:42 PM
Bruennen

Brue smiles at the mention of his father. Aye, m'pappy were quite persuasive about yer r'quest ov m'pressence. Ain't too many dwarfs that'd wan' thar son t'skip town jus' af'er bein' named Forgemaster ov th'ntire city! You musta been awfulleh persuasive.

Fudd
2008-09-20, 04:51 PM
Crumby McSolace

Sauntering in behind the dwarf comes a red haired human of average height with a form fitting set of homespun robes. A silver holy symbol of Pelor hangs from his wrist and a large tower shield strapped to his back is accompanied by a loud clank with every move that this wiry young man makes, clearly the sounds are out of place with his gear. Looking about, he squints into the darkness with disgust.

"It be a wee bit too dark in here for me tastes."

With that he mumbles some divine mumbo jumbo and snaps his fingers.

Cast Level 0 Light on a reachable source in the center of the room

Looking about in the sudden bright light that shines in the room, he spots the table where he obviously belongs. With a confident step he makes his way over, pulls up a chair, and orders a glass of cool crisp spring water offering to pay well if its up to par.

"And how might we folk be doin today? Any interestin news, facts, or exploits that a devoted of Pelor might be interested in? Names Crumby and you be earnin the rights to be knowin my families name."

ocato
2008-09-20, 04:58 PM
Bruennen
As the Pelorite illuminates the room, Brue slides his goggles down and groans a bit. P'haps y'ain't ne'er herd ov subtly lad. D'ye come with a name er just a headache?

Fudd
2008-09-20, 05:17 PM
Crumby McSolace

"Did you pull them goggles down over you eyes or over you ears short one? I be sayin that my name is Crumby, Lightbringer and Master Healer of the Order of the Sun God Pelor!"

He says this with a chuckle and a friendly pat on the poor unfortunate soul who isn't as recieptive of his god's wonderful present of light.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 06:05 PM
Ah McSolace. I heard a lot about you as well. Come join us. Sit please. It still seems that we are missing 3 people, so just try and cooperate until they come.

The old man says as Crumby joins them.

I dislike repeating myself twice, so I will wait for everyone.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 06:21 PM
Tihana
Her form obscured by a dark blue hooded cloak, a young woman steps into the tavern quietly and glances around the room. Her hair is black and her skin a light tan. Leaning heavily on an old wooden staff, she then slowly walks over to the man in the corner, red eyes flitting from person to person critically.

"I am Tihana." She states quietly as she arrives at the table.

ocato
2008-09-20, 06:22 PM
Bruennen
Brue groans a bit to himself, tasting the lager with mild dissatisfaction. Hm? Ah cannae hear as well as y'might like lad. Y'cannae hold me t'e'ery t'in y'say. With that the dwarf smirks a bit, reaching into one of his belt pouches and retrieving a small piece of metal tubing. It is clearly the beginnings of some project, as is obvious in the amount of care and precision he takes in carving symbols and inlaying metals in to it. While obviously just the basic workings done at the beginning of the project, it is obvious with every minor tweak the dwarf makes with his fine tools that he is a master craftsman of the highest order. His attention quickly abandons the people at the table as he quietly fidgets with his toy.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 06:28 PM
The old man smiles at you. I see you got my summons Tihana. And just a little friendly reminder. I wouldn't go back to the duke's home, just thought i would warn you before you lose your head.

Pardon me. Where are my manners. Come and join us Tihana. We are still waiting for others to come, so please be patient.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 06:38 PM
Tihana
The woman stares quietly at the man for a moment, then slowly and deliberately takes a seat, "Thank you..." A faint, tired flicker of stronger emotion crossing her face for a brief moment, "Once we settle this, if my part is indeed not ended as you imply, perhaps I shall return to that manor." She glances around the table once more, her gaze lingering on the only visible common trait between all of them, the red eyes.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 06:43 PM
The man smiles at her. His brother now sits on the throne, and there is a price on your head. Best be wary.
He says no more.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 06:49 PM
Tihana
The woman sighs, slumping slightly, "I'll be on my guard." She is silent for a long moment, then her eyes drift to where Bruennen is busy with his art.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 07:22 PM
Valve sighs, not introducing himself to anyone. The dwarf is thick, the human man is probably a fool, and the woman shall require some further studying. But the red eyes... quite a mystery. No doubt the old man will explain later. If not, that will be something to pursue. Valve opens his case, pulling out a wineglass, then picks up his bottle of spiked wine, walking over to where the woman is sitting. "Your name is Tihana, is this correct? I see you have ordered nothing to drink. Would you like some wine? It is a very fine one I have here." He sets the glass down in front of her and pours some. "Please, drink."

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 07:28 PM
The old man glares at you, and then says.

Valve. I already asked you once. Please do not poison anyone. I will not ask you again. I know many people who would want your head on a plate as well as hers.

He looks at you again, making sure you get the picture.

ocato
2008-09-20, 07:37 PM
Bruennen
Brue huffs a bit, still worrying about his creation. He seems disinterested in the goings on of the table, but speaks with sudden candor. Ah findet a wee bit odd y'dinnae offer anyone else summa yer drink, 'cept fer the lady. Brue smirks a bit, playing with his creation. Then agin, ah'dunno much about yer local tradi'shuns. En Radomoira, y'dunna offer sumfin t'one person at a table an not t'th'rest. Granted ah dun want any elfie wine. Jus dun offend th'others by not offerin sumfin t'e'eryone.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 08:01 PM
Tihana

The woman looks at the wine for a moment, then glances at Valve and the old man, her eyes narrowing at the mention of poison, "...poisoned?" She glances back down at the wine for another moment, thoughtful, then she takes the offered glass and takes a long drink of the dark colored liquid.

Fort: [roll0]
Just to get that out of the way. :smallbiggrin:

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 08:10 PM
Brand smiles at the man, and says courteously and with a bit of a scoff, "I have told you before, my wine isn't poisoned. I will admit, it is very... potent, however." He turns to Tihana. "I can promise you, on my honor, that if you drink this wine no harm will come to you. But, do what you will." He then looks over to the dwarf. "I simply offered her wine because I saw she had no drink- I never meant to single anyone out. You have your ale, and the man has his water. I should think it unsuiting to offer you some. No offense meant, of course." He says all this courteously and amiably.
Ok, here's what's in the wine. It's kind of like codeine, giving a tired, numb, happy feeling. Successful save does 1d6 wis damage and 1d2 dex for 1 hour, failed save will cause the recipient to fall asleep after 10 minutes. Save DC 12.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 08:28 PM
Tihana
The woman sits quietly, her eyes locked on valve, while she fights a losing inner-battle against the effects of the drug.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 08:40 PM
Valve collapses back into his chair. Ohhhh, dearie dear..."He gives a low, slurring chuckle. He looks at Tihana, her eyes flickering, her breath slowing, and her body relaxing. "I did tell you it was potent. Of course, you'll probably be beyond understanding me at this point, considering how quickly you drank my wine. Don't worry, don't fight it- just give in. It is all very peaceful." He examines her and smiles gently. Drinking such a fine wine that quickly? A disgrace. I was expecting the old man to intervene, and then suspicion would dictate she take it more slowly, if at all. Besides, it's not like it will hurt her. Quite the contrary. Ahhh, well, so much for caprice. He grins at his inner thoughts.

ocato
2008-09-20, 08:52 PM
Bruennen

Brue glares across the table at the mention of poison. P'haps ah were wrong en commin' here. Ef yer idea ov a friendleh meetin' es t'poison folk, maybe ah aughta show ye how w' handle a friendly arse-beatin whar ah'm from.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 08:58 PM
Tihana

The woman continues to stare at him, even as her body falters her will struggles on. "I believe I do understand you, I've known many people like you..." She finally states in a cold clear voice, summoning up the internal reserves of willpower to at least mask her weakening state, "So please, stop your prattling, it's doing more to reduce me to a stupor than the wine." She then turns back to the old man, "Who else are we waiting for?"

Bluff

Bluff to mask the effects of the poison until she falls asleep. I can roll every post if you wish.
[roll0]

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 09:08 PM
Valve scoffs, laughing amaibly "I told you, my wine is not poisoned. She will come to no harm whatsoever." He turns to Tihana, "My, my, you're a fighter aren't you? Now tell me, just what kind of person am I?" He says all this extremely affably.

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 09:14 PM
Tihana
"No, actually I'm a sorcerer."

oliana0
2008-09-20, 09:18 PM
Lina

A tall, well for a halfling, girl pushes her way through the door which slams open and rebounds. The little girl aptly dodges the reflect, as if she knew it would happen. She smiles as she looks around the room, spotting a dart board in the back. She then observes the rest of the room, and small group of individuals in the back corner and she notices the well-dressed man that stood out for more than just his clothes. His eyes, they matched hers.

The upturn of her smile disappeared momentarily as her jaw dropped an inch. She covered quickly and looked closer at the table to see that the rest of the table appeared to have the same feature. She smiled, excitedly and she works her way across the room, with only a brief longing glance towards the dart board.

When she arrived at the table she draws up a chair and hops up and stands at the table and leans in and says, "So, how many more are there of us, and do you think they'll all show up?"

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 09:19 PM
Valve laughs merrily at Tihana's reply. "It is a figure of speech. I would expect a clever young girl like you to recognize the difference. Of course, you're probably just trying to be clever. But anyhow, you haven't answered my question- what kind of person am I like, in your opinion? You mentioned yu had met 'people like me' before."

Kaihaku
2008-09-20, 09:24 PM
Tihana
"I dare say that we've spoken enough of you for this evening... Perhaps we can continue this conversation some other time." The woman answers Valve before turning her attention to the newly appeared halfling, "Welcome, I am Tihana."

Fudd
2008-09-20, 09:39 PM
Ho there young lassy, you be pullin up a chair and poppin a squat with us folks? What goods does a woman of your stature bring to the group? I hope your totin an extra big set of armor or a shield cause we seem to be missin a strong feller to be protectin us fragile types.

He says this with a wink and a nudge to the young lady who is fighting a losing battle with her eye-lids.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 09:44 PM
The old man frowns. It seems we are missing The Kinslayer. He will just have to come in when he does.

Anyway, everyone this is Lina. Now on to more important business. He gestures at Lina to sit down.

I have called you all here because i need your help. And I can offer you something in return for your help.

He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a medium-sized book. He lays it flat on the table and flips it to a specific page he has book-marked.

I belive that you are all related in a prophecy. This prophecy to be exact. He clears his throat, then begins to read.

Born of The Blood, they shall all die by The Blood.
Their blood shall stain the ground when the end of the world is upon us.
If they should choose not to be there when the final day comes,
May the Gods shine upon us, and bless us during the reign of darkness.
They shall come from across nations, but they shall scatter nations,
Bringing with them death, destruction, and chaos.
But they also bring hope and salvation of man.
Chosen to lead, chosen to die, chosen to be born again.
When will the world end?

He stops for a second and looks around at all of you. He then continues on. I have suspicion to believe that you all are the ones that are mentioned in this prophecy. These suspicions are reaffirmed as I look into each of your guys' eyes. You all have red eyes. A rare trait in any land.

Anyway, that is not the reason I called you all here. In fact, I need your help. My name is Janis, and I am the Queen's advisor. I have reason to belive that her new advisor, Adam, is a traitous swine and is plotting treason against the Queen. But alas, I cannot find anything out, so I will need your help. I have arranged it, if you accept, to be the Queen's and Adam's servants. cYou will need to go undercover, and as such, weapons and armors are prohibited from being carried. concealed weapons are okay, but I fear for the worst if someone searches you.

The reward to the deal si this. I have some more information about you, The Blood, and I am willing to offer it, if you suceed. Do we have an agreement?

ocato
2008-09-20, 09:55 PM
Bruennen

So yer saying that ef w go sneakin around some castle, riskin' our necks to save a queen we ain't ne'er heard of-- 'n that could b' a shrew of a monster who whips babies and eats dwarfs-- that yer gonna give us in'fermation that'll lead to our martyrdom? Sounds t'me lad tha' eff y'don't tell us what we're s'posed t'die fer, yer arse'll be just as cooked by th'end ov days as anyones. In ot'er words, y'seem to b' makin' us werk fer the right t' do ye a favor that'll cost us our lives.

Fudd
2008-09-20, 09:56 PM
Crumby McSolace

"You seem to be offering a fairly low compensation for the duty we would be performin for you. See what you can manage to dig up for a material payment as well so that we can financially continue our good doings since inns and taverns aren't the cheapest places to live on a day to day basis if you know what I mean. Besides that small askance, I have a few questions for you. One, why are you no longer the Queen's advisor Janis? Two, which kingdom does this Queen you speak of rule over? And most importantly, three, in all transactions as a show of faith most people recieve a deposit on the reward at the end. Might you be willing to part with a juicy portion of knowledge to encourage us to finish this mission for you with most haste?

While speaking, Crumby keeps his eyes locked with Janis and will roll a +5 Sense Motive to everything he says.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 10:06 PM
Janis turns to Bruennen.

As it said in the prophecy, I only suspect. That means that you might not be the ones the prophecy speaks about, and that you are only regular average looking people who will die one day. Although what I suspect and believe is that you are these people. And it also said in the prophecy that you did not have to be there if you did not wish to. So do not save you will be risking your necks. You have as much choice as to whether you choose to be there or not.

He then turns to Crumby.

And you my fine friend, think alike as any merchant or banker I have seen. Very well. I will supply more information upon completion of this assignment. If you should accept, I will have (1/4 of level 11th gold) waiting in your servant's quarters, as well as (3/4 of level 11th gold) upon completion of the assignment. (yes your going to be leveling after this, and i do not have the exact amount of gold, nor do i want to look it up.)

This is the agreement if you accept. No more, no less. And I am still an advisor to the Queen, she only now has two.

I will not barter anymore.

oliana0
2008-09-20, 10:12 PM
Lina

"I don't go anywhere without my axes."

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 10:14 PM
Janis speaks again.

If need be, I can have it arranged that your axes will be there when you arrive the next morning. And on that note, if you accept, you will report tomorrow morning to the Novice Mistress's headquarters at 8 am sharp.

He awaits your decision.

Crumby:
From what you gather, he is telling the truth.

OOC:

The Queen of Balis, nameless as of yet. Let us go with Gladia.

oliana0
2008-09-20, 10:40 PM
Lina

Lina haphazardly fiddles with the handles of her axes. "Can't make it at 8. Have to see a guy about supplies for this gig you want me to do. Unless of course you want us to just show up with bags of money to be servants. That'd look, realistic." Lina smiles.

Lina wants to use the 4250 (of 17000) to get her armor glamored. Plus maybe pick up some more supplies, like disguise clothes, a couple of potions (gaseous form and 2 more invisibility, and 4 spider climbs -- Lina had about 1000 left unspent from character creation to add to the shopping spree.)

ocato
2008-09-20, 10:40 PM
Bruennen

Bruennen looks a bit frustrated, looking back to his device a moment. He tinkers with it and then stops again, speaking without looking up. Es she ah good queen? Good t'er people? He twittlers with the toy a moment more. Ef she's a good queen, ah cannae sit by an' let 'er lose 'er crown. Or her pertty little head either fer that matter. He smirks a bit, still not looking up from his wand. A few drakes wouldnae hurt m'projects either. Ah guess ah'm en.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 10:42 PM
ooc: at lina

you can do the shopping before hand, but you will not get the gold before hand.

The man frowns at Lina. I am paying you for this, and I would appreciate it if you came at 8, but if you cannot, may i ask why and what time you would be here?

And to the dwarf he says I wouldn't be her advisor if she wasn't a good Queen.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 10:44 PM
"Well, it seems my peers here are willing to work for you. You have presented some very interesting arguments. Allow me to provide a counteroffer." He says all this courteously and amiably, without the slightest bit of anger. "No." He leaps out of his chair. "You must be either senile, stupid, or just crazy. Why the hell are you putting this before the world!? Why should I care about some queen, who, as the dwarf says, could be a shrew of a monster and eat babies, when we're speaking of the end of the world? I couldn't give a clipped copper as to the fate of your kingdom, but I do care about the world. Give us your information first, and then I might be inclined to help you out of gratitude- after I deal with the bloody apocalypse!" He slips out his dagger that he had ready this entire time and puts it to the man's throat, smiling without a hint of maliciousness. "I do hope you find my counteroffer adequate."

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 10:47 PM
The man stares at you. He is unfazed.

He then sighs at your threat.

Valve. I should of known that I would have problems with you. A rouge theif and want to be assassin threatening me. How low have i sunk. He is talking to no one in particular.

He then turns to face Valve. Put your knife away and I just might answer your questions.

Others are looking towards the knife Valve has drawn. Some of them have even drawn their own weapons.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 10:58 PM
"Of course. It was never my intention to kill you- I'm too curious as to what you have to say. But I want you to know that if you try to continue on this crazy farce of a job you have for us, I'll have no problem with slitting your throat." He palms his dagger and sits back down. "Please, continue."

ocato
2008-09-20, 11:03 PM
Bruennen
Brue sighes, drawing a large heavy repeater, carefully carved to resemble the frightening visage of a snarling dragon. He seems rather disinterested in the situation but points it at the man nonetheless. Specially 'nhanced mate, Et'll take yer skull off a'fore y'kin thank yer mammy fer givin' et t'ya. Dun start nuffin y'cannae see t'the end.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-20, 11:03 PM
Very well. As i said before. I believe you are the ones mentioned in this prophecy. I have no way of assuring you that you are indeed the ones, and I have no way of knowing even how. It is only what I believe, and trust me, I am in the minority on this one. As to the other information, well I don't exactly have it on me, and it isnt exactly finished yet. I am still in the works of deciphering it. It is in an ancient language, and even with help, translation go slowly. Although I assure you that I will have it done before you leave.

Gentlemen. Please behave. Valve has every right to ask his questions, even in his indirect manner.

ocato
2008-09-20, 11:04 PM
Bruennen

Brue grumbles and sets his crossbow back down. He quickly returns to ignoring the situation and works on his wand.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 11:12 PM
Valve sits down fidgeting. This one is going to have to die. And gods, normally I hold up better than this. What a stain on my reputation. He relaxes, calms himslef, and pours some wine, resuming his previous attitude. "Well then, I suppose I can find it in my heart to help you out. It might just be fun." He then stands back up, and gestures to the others. "My good people, I do hope you will apologize me for making a scene. I assure you, it was for the best intentions, and sincerely hope you will not hold it against me." He sits back down, and sips his wine.

ocato
2008-09-20, 11:18 PM
Bruennen

Brue continues to work on his little project, setting his crossbow in his lap, pointed under the table at the daggerwielding man. He groans a bit, looking around the tavern while he works on his little toy. Some night a'ready, eh mates?

Gorgondantess
2008-09-20, 11:24 PM
Valve chuckles. "No night is complete without someone's life being threatened." He says this jokingly, but then his voice grows serious, and contemplative. "Or taken, for that matter." His voice shakes slightly, and he breaks out in a bit of sweat, looking nervous. He takes out his rapier and begins to sharpen it, as if through compulsion, and mutters a bit as he does so.

Fudd
2008-09-21, 01:25 AM
Crumby McSolace

"Now now folks, this man here has offered us 49000 total gold for the completion of this mission and I for one and willlin to work for a Queen I haven't met for such gold. That's a few nights and then some at the local taverns. I have some healin spells prepared, and I'd rather cast them on my comrades than my employer."

With that, he motions over a cute barmaid, slips her a few coins and whispers in her ear, "Get me the best room in the house and meet me there tonight."

He then redirects his attention to the group.

"We have been offered a quest, paid in full with gold and information upon completion for our services, so why be so vindictive and mistrustful of our potential employer? Just nod your head courteously, say thank you, and purchase a room for tonight. I'm sure our employer will have a courier or someone of such stature to meet us here on the morn."

Kaihaku
2008-09-21, 06:20 AM
Tihana
"Tomorrow then..." The young woman states, after silently watching the others react. Then she gets unsteadily to her feet, leaning on her staff, and walks away. She barely manages to make it to her room before collapsing.

arguskos
2008-09-21, 09:48 AM
As Tihana gets up, the door opens one more time, this time admitting a cloaked figure. His face and his blade are all that can be seen, but that's enough.

His greatsword is coated in gore, and he didn't bother cleaning it off before he arrived. Specks of blood, flesh, and brain are spattered on his cloak and mask, as he walks into the tavern.

He looks around, sees the group talking, and walks over. Behind his featureless iron mask can be seen a pair of burning red points. He speaks, "You summoned me old man. This best be important, for you surely know who I am. Make it quick."

He ignores everyone else.

OOC:
Apologies to all, I was severely detained. I'll be sure to keep up better from here on in, I swear! :smallredface:

Deathslayer7
2008-09-21, 11:31 AM
The old man sighs and once again, he repeats everything he said.

ooc:
Go ahead and read the posts. I dont feel like retyping it.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-21, 11:44 AM
Valve takes one look at the man who walked in, then wraps up his sword and gets up. "I am afraid I must be leaving, but do not fret- my curiosity stirs me to the point that I fully intend to show up." He puts his bottle of wine and glasses away, shuts the case and picks it up. He walks over to the newcomer. "I can see that this gentleman here is a man close to my heart." And walks out into the night.

arguskos
2008-09-21, 12:42 PM
"You have my interest old man, as does your gold. You best realize though, that you cannot take my blade from me."

He looks at Valve, as a butcher might examine a haunch of meat, but says nothing. He turns to the barkeep, "A room. Your best." With the toss of a gold coin, he takes a seat in a corner, and breaks out a mug and bottle. The blade is left uncleaned and unsheathed on the table he sits at.

ooc:
As I said, my sincere apologies deathslayer. I hope I haven't made you angry, since I hate doing that.

Also, I should like to find and purchase a glove of storing.

ocato
2008-09-21, 01:17 PM
Bruennen

Brue mutters a bit to himself, jokingly, Thes place'll run outta thar 'best' rooms b'fore long. Et hardly looks like et'll survive th'wind a'blowin an' e'eryone wants a suite. Pappy were right about th'folk outside th'mountain. Odd as turnips th'ar.

He smirks at the man, who despite his darnedest just isn't very frightening to Brue. He packs up his project and slings his crossbow over his shoulder.
Good ev'nin t' y'all, ah b'leve ah'll b'retirin' fer th'ev'nin. With that he tips a pretend hat to the lady and heads upstairs, looking for the meager room he procured.

arguskos
2008-09-21, 01:20 PM
Kinslayer

Hearing the dwarf's comment about turnips, the man looks up. "Dwarf." He raises the bottle in a offer of a drink.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-21, 01:22 PM
The old man sighs. Half the people didnt give him an answer. Oh well. He will just have to see if they came tomorrow.

Before you leave he says, any and all weapons shall not be carried tomorrow to the palace unless they are concealed. If you want your weapons there, give them to me now, and i will have them in your rooms. You have my word and honor that nothing shall happen to your weapons, expecting maybe a little cleaning for yours he says as he points to The Kinslayer.

And if you do decide to be there, I will have the mistress of novices waiting there for you. Oh and do dress the part. She hates slackers and messy people. Says they aren't fit to be servants in the palace.

all:

he seems to be telling the truth.

OOC:

there wont be any attack soon, so dont worry about that.

ocato
2008-09-21, 01:27 PM
Bruennen

Brue pauses and returns to the table, setting his heavy repeater down, as well as a well made spear. Ah sure hope ah kin trust ye wit Ingrid. M'lady an ah've bin throw th'worst ov th'worst. He also reaches down and unfastens his belt, setting it on the table. Thar's enough magic en thar t'make an elf cry. Dun b'losin a single pocket's worth!

With that he turns to the man, smirking a bit. Ain't ne'er seen a dwarf who'll pass up a drink. Take a seat lad, mebbe ye can tell meh why yer trying s'damn hard t'be sooo sceeeery. Brue laughs heartily, motioning for another round.

arguskos
2008-09-21, 01:35 PM
Kinslayer

"As for your terms, very well old man." He stands up, and drops his blade onto the old man's table, then returns to his seat.

As the dwarf walks over, he looks up and responds. "Dwarf, you do not understand. I try nothing. I merely act as I must. If you are unfazed, that is to your credit. If the others are, then it is their failing." The man pulls out another mug, pours a strange, powerful alcohol for the dwarf, and pushes it across the table, taking a swing of his own drink, seemingly to no effect. "Tell me dwarf, do you know who I am?"

ooc:
As a note, this alcohol is a strange brew. It has no mechanical effects, but it does cause those who drink it to lose the ability to dream and to remember past deeds (long term stuff) for several hours. The effects wear off with no side effects.

Fudd
2008-09-21, 01:35 PM
Crumby McSolace

Handing over his Tower Shield and Silver Mace, Crumby stands and smiles.

"These be some fine tools of the trade. Ensure that they arrive for me."

Dropping a few coins on the table, he motions to the barkeep and points to the dwarf and the Kinslayer.

"See that these boys be treated well tonight after I retire with yon lassy. You though young Lina, might want to find your way into a more comfortable environment seeing how the night is young and the locals might comin in here soon. No need to be out lookin for you on the morn."

Hooking his arm around the cute barmaids waist, he guides her upstairs into his rented room so they can discuss religion and it's best applications in private.

Ok, I'm good untill we are ready to go. Go ahead and throw up a "And the next day!"

Deathslayer7
2008-09-21, 01:40 PM
Janis pulls out a bag from behind his chair. I thought this might be the case. Good thing i brought this.

With a scoop of the pile, he puts it all into the bag, and then closes the bag. All right then. Don't forget. Tomorrow 8am sharp. I shall go now. A Queen's advisor cannot be gone for very long without arousing too much suspicion.

With a single word, he and the bag he is clutching disapear in a puff of smoke.

ooc:

no more updates for now. Got to go. Wont be back until maybe four-five hours from now. You can post Ic what you do and whatnot, then when i get back it will be morning.

ocato
2008-09-21, 01:45 PM
Bruennen

Brue takes the liquor and drinks it, without so much as taking a whiff of it. He smirks a bit and responds. Ah cannae say th' ah do, lad. P'haps y'd like to gev me yer name? Et seems we'll b'workin together on thes lil mission, w'might as well b'come mates. Brue smiles and lifts the mug, taking another drink from it.

arguskos
2008-09-21, 01:51 PM
Kinslayer

The man smiles behind his mask. "Indeed. I am the Kinslayer. He leans forward, and speaks quietly. "I do not brook incompetence, and I sense you do not either. Trust me to do my job, and I will trust you to do yours. Betray the trust, and die by my hand. It is a simple rule of life, one I hope you can respect, for your sake." That said, he leans back, drinks more of the spirit, and pours a bit more for himself.

You know my name and my skill. What is yours?

ocato
2008-09-21, 01:59 PM
Bruennen
Brue sighes a bit. We're havin' a pint andja gotta go an threaten meh... Heh, ah s'pose yer jus a lil on edge 'bout our job t'morrow. Ah cannae blame ye, but th' sceery attitude es gonna wear thin a'fer a while lad. He pauses for a moment, realizing that the man gave him neither an adequate summation of his skills nor a real name. M'names Bruennen ov th'clan Solokar. Mates call m' Brue. Ah kin already tell yer jus gonna call m' 'dwarf'. Mebbe ef yer lucky, one day you'll d'serve such a prest'igious nickname as that. Brue chuckles a bit, and continues. Ah'm from Radomoira... m'thinks y'tall folk b'callin 'et th' 'Radomire' er somesuch nonsense. Ah cannae tell fer sure what y'all b'thinkin out here, but et ain't how t'run a forge (or a cantina fer that matter).

arguskos
2008-09-21, 02:39 PM
Kinslayer

The Kinslayer sighs. Bruennen, you misunderstand me again. I do not attempt to be scary. I merely wish a clear relationship. If we are to work as a team, then we must be open and clear about some things, including teamwork Now, do you understand my position somewhat better?"

As he drinks the liquor, he begins to relax a little, just a touch, and isn't quite as guarded and reserved. He chuckles a bit, a hollow, throaty sound, and speak again. Besides, if I was to threaten you, you'd know it. Now, I noticed you haven't answered my question: what is it that you do, Bruennen of Solokar?"

ocato
2008-09-21, 02:56 PM
Bruennen

Brue smirks a bit, taking another sip from the mug. Y'dunnae have t' make sure y'can trust a dwarf t'do 'es duty. Thas fer sure. As fer m'occupation? Ah jus s'happen t'be Grand Forgemaster ov Radomoira. He beams as he says this, but only for a moment. Ah oversee all blacksmithin', craftin', forgin', smeltin', and minin' en th'entire city. Ah'm also a vet'ren ov th'drowsie warrin's. Been shootin' drowsie sence ah were a boy. As far as thes job's concerned, m'talents lie mostly en the workin of magics and metals. Eff y'gots any armor or weapons y'want worked up, ah can do et. Consider me yer moble arm'ry an' upgrade station. M'thinks th' term y'tall folk use es "Artificer."

oliana0
2008-09-21, 04:19 PM
Lina

Before the man makes the bag disappear, Lina starts stacking axes on the table. She pulls the two from her waist-band, then reaches down and grabs another pair strapped to her legs under her leather skirt. She then reaches up and over her shoulder and grabs another pair from behind her pack, and then behind her back at waist level is a final pair.

"These are my babies. If anything happens to them, I will find you and deliver two for everyone one that you take from me now to your back." Lina states seriously. Her tone changes back to happy Lina, "Well, now that that's out of the way. Anyone want to play darts? Enough of this quibbling over words and drugged wine."

Lina shouts aloud, "ALE and keep it coming!"

She returns her look to the people at the table. "Alright, anyone that can best me at darts can insult one other person at this table. Who's game?"

If she doesn't have cash before, she won't need to go shopping. If anyone convinces her to, she will be more than happy to stick around and play darts or drink heavily, or both.

arguskos
2008-09-21, 05:00 PM
Kinslayer

"Good to know you can be counted upon. That's all I needed to know." He takes another swig of the deep brown alcohol, So, Bruennen, what do you think of the drink? Is it to your taste?

ocato
2008-09-21, 07:21 PM
Bruennen
Brue takes another drink from the mug and smiles, Aye lad, ah've had much worse! Thes ain't bad a'tall. Where'dja git et from eff'n y'dun mind me askin'?

arguskos
2008-09-21, 07:27 PM
Kinslayer

He smiles. "I do not mind, but let me assure you Bruennen, that you do not wish to know. I do see fit to warn you though, you will not dream tonight, for this spirit dulls the soul and darkens the memory." With that, he takes a massive swig, and puts the bottle away.

ocato
2008-09-21, 07:38 PM
Bruennen
Brue looks down at the empty mug a moment, seemingly somewhat concerned. W'gotta early mornin' t'morrow lad. Les git t'bed b'fore yer drink makes ye start singin' er somfin. Brue laughs a bit, getting up from the table. He takes a short bow and bids his comrade good night and heads back up towards his room.

Kaihaku
2008-09-21, 08:17 PM
Tihana
Tihana sleeps off the poison drug during the night.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-21, 10:43 PM
Morning comes, and all of your are lined up outside the palace gates. It is 7: 58 am, and a few of you have heads hurting from last night. The guards eye you suspiciously, but say nothing.

Then out from the entrance marches a stout woman. As she nears closer, you can see that she is wearing a crisp, clean uniform, that doesn't have a single thread out of place. She marches up to the lot of you and eyes you all.

After a few seconds of scanning each of you briefly, she sighs.

I suppose Master Janis sent you bunch did he not?

Upon your nods, she only sighs again.

Very well. Come with me. You have a lot to learn if you are going to be a servant.

She leads you inside and starts talking nonstop about the endless duties that servants must do.

Servants must be seen not heard.
Servants must be clean and neat at all time
Do not speak unless spoken to.
Any mess you see is a mess you clean up immediately.
You are to do as you are told by any superior, no matter who they are.
Servants who do not do as they are told are punished, by me.

On and on she goes, and after all while you all get bored of her and drone her out.

As you enter the palace (feel free to decribe it however you want) she leads you to the laundry room. Here, she hands each of you three pairs of uniforms. These are your uniforms for the entire week. Make sure to always keep at least one in case an accident happens and your old one is ruined. Here, you can toss your old uniform for it to be washed, pressed and cleaned, and ready for pickup the next day.

She motions you to follow her again, and leads you to the servants quarters. These are your rooms, here you sleep, eat and do what you want in your spare time. Now Master Janis has advised me that you are smart enough not to get yourself in trouble, and I hope he is right.

Now as to your asignments. only ladies are allowed in the women's quarters, thus you two, she points at Lina and Tihana, will be the Queen's servants, and you four, will be Master Adam's servants. Now there is no time to waste. Hurry and change, and come back out. I will take you to their rooms this time, but tomorrow, you are on your own.

Tihana and Lina share a room. Kinslayer and Valve share a room. Crumby and Bruennen share a room. You all quickly go and get changed, and come out. Each of you are darbed in a white tunic made of good stout wool. A light blue belt wraps around each of your waists, and a golden lion is on your left breast.

Come she motions for you to follow and takes you to the Queens chamber. Here, before she drops off Lina and Tihana she says Now before I leave you all, I must say one more thing. Master Janis has said that under no circumstances are you to approach him. He will approach you. Violation of this will be deemed as a violation of your contract. Now hurry up ladies. The Queen will wake up soon and you must prepare her bath.

She shoos them away, and she is left with only the males. She then leads them to Master Adam's quarters. Here she says the same thing and tells them to prepare his bath as well.

Lina/Tihana:

You walk towards the Queen's bedchamber, and see her door. You enter as quietly as you can, hoping not to disturb the Queen, but you see she is already up.

Ah there you are. One of you please prepare my bath, and the other, please unbotton this dress.

As Tihana prepares the bath, Lina helps undress the Queen, combs her hair out; what any maids lady would do. Soon, the bath is ready, and the Queen sits back and relaxes.

Come get me in twenty minutes please. I wish to relax before I begin.

You are free to do what you want in her chambers.

Kinslayer/Valve/Crumby/Bruennen:

After the Mistress of Novices drops you off, you head into Master Adam's chambers. You see he is already awake.

You're late. Do not be late again. he says, as you come in. Prepare my bath. As Kinslayer goes to prepare the bath, Adam turns around, and stares at you. He then motions for you to clean up his room. Soon the bath is ready, and he slips in.

You are free to do as you want until Adam finishes his bath.

OOC:

as i said before. you can read the other spoiler that isnt labeled to you, but dont metagame with it.

ocato
2008-09-21, 10:54 PM
Bruennen
Brue smirks at bit at the big scary kinslayer making up a man's bath. When Adam is soaking comfortably and the four are alone in his chambers, Brue can't help but mutter. Bah, why cannae w'giv th'queen her bath. Ah'd b'much better at that. With that he chuckles, cleaning up a few things and trying to appear busy as he jokes.

Kaihaku
2008-09-21, 11:01 PM
Tihana
Bereft of her staff, Tihana stands silently leaning against a wall, her eyes drift over the queen's chamber thoughtfully.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-21, 11:14 PM
Valve looks with digust at the pathetic garb offered, but puts it on anyways. By the time Adam is in his bath, Valve mutters to the others "I don't see why we don't just kill him. We could drown him in his bath and noone would ever know we did it- we would say it was an accident. Of course, we'd have to wait a bit, because it might look suspicious if he died first day on the job. Anyhow, for now, one of you can keep watch whilst I ransack the room." Valve does so, macking sure to put everything back where it was.
rolls: search: [roll0]
move silently (Trying to make it sound like he's just cleaning and such) [roll1]
Oh, also, Valve is carrying a disguised dagger on him. +7 to conceal if searched.

oliana0
2008-09-21, 11:20 PM
Lina

"May as well, clean, while we are in here." Lina produces a dust cloth from a pocket, winks at Tihana and proceeds to begin "dusting" and polishing anything she can get her hands on.

[roll0]
If there's enough time, take 20.

Kaihaku
2008-09-21, 11:23 PM
Tihana
After standing for a long moment in silence, she whispers the words of a spell and outlines symbols in the air.

Spell

Are there any magical effects active in the Queen's chamber?

Detect Magic
Divination
Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0 Components: V, S Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: 60 ft. Area: Cone-shaped emanation Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D) Saving Throw: None Spell Resistance: No

You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

3rd Round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.

Aura Strength: An aura’s power depends on a spell’s functioning spell level or an item’s caster level. If an aura falls into more than one category, detect magic indicates the stronger of the two.

Spellcraft as needed.
[roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5]

Fudd
2008-09-21, 11:23 PM
Crumby McSolace

After adjusting his glamered armor to appear as though it was the aforementioned uniform, Crumby does the aforementioned duties and then stands just outside the door to Adam's bath. He is listening intently into the next room to alert Valve when Adam is coming, or for any tibits of information since people generally talk to themselves about in the bath.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 12:00 AM
Lina/Tihana:

Lina cleans up the room, and makes the bed and all that as Tihana casts detect magic. As you encircle the room, you notice a few minor magic items, but nothing major or of medium power. Then something catches your eye. It seems as if a fairly strong aura is coming from the bathroom. No not just one, two, and they both seem of equal power.

Alas, Lina does not find anything with her horrible one on a search check.

Listen checks!

Kaihaku
2008-09-22, 12:08 AM
Thanks. :smallsmile:

Concentration: [roll0]
Tihana keeps Detect Magic up, shouldn't have any visible components.
The duration is 1 min/lvl or 10 minutes, so when the spell fizzles out it'll mark the half-way point of the twenty-minute bath.

Listen: [roll1]
Fortunately, Lina probably has a much better Listen.

Tihana
Tihana looks across the bedchamber quietly, seeing that which normally goes unseen, then stares in the direction of the bathchamber silently.

arguskos
2008-09-22, 12:15 AM
Kinslayer

Understanding the need for subtlety, the Kinslayer does as is asked, and does so quietly. As some point, he whispers to Valve, "Tell me, what is your plan for killing them all, and does it need an invisible boost?"

OOC:
As a note, with this, I'm offline for the night, sorry. I've got class tomorrow, and need to sleep. If anything happens, assume Kelvan is blending in as best he can.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-22, 12:26 AM
"Well, I have a couple of plans. First, and most simple, we drown him while he's in the tub. This has the fewest points of failure, and it is certainly the simplest. A second possibility is poisoning him. I don't have any poisons on me at the moment that could kill him, though, so it might be difficult. I could also try using magic to send him to sleep whilst he's in the tub, and we probably wouldn't have to even go in there. A subtle poison might ease the task. My favorite, however, relies much less on luck and much more on skill. We can cast alter self on one of us (preferably me) and then the chosen person kills him publicly, afterwards slipping into the shadows. Very dangerous, but if the chosen person is smart, it's foolproof. Or I can always shroud him in impenetrable magical darkness while he's in public and kill him- we would fall under more suspicion that way, but there would be less points of failure. Whichever we choose, we mustn't, under any circumstances, do it in less than a week. This requires careful obesrvation of any snags that might pop out. Also, getting new servants then dying the same day would arouse quite some suspicion. Any suggestions?"

arguskos
2008-09-22, 12:29 AM
"Frankly, I was just going to suggest I make you invisible, you stab him in the neck with that blade I'm sure you have on hand, and then we slaughter our way out. Since I sense you may not like that one, try this: I make you vanish. You drown and stab him. I vanish you again. We all claim innocence, and you run like hell."

EDIT: This was before that post deathslayer, sorry. :smallsigh:

Gorgondantess
2008-09-22, 12:31 AM
"As I said, we can't do it now. Too much suspicion. Other than that, I really prefer to do things more subtlely. You mustn't ever rush an art like this."
You know how I said Valve isn't itching to kill him? He is now. All for the thrill of the hunt.

arguskos
2008-09-22, 12:35 AM
"Much as I would like to debate the nature of such things, now is not the time to discuss how to kill. If you need assistance, inform me."
Man, I never play evil characters, and I'm LOVING it.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 12:36 AM
the guys:

Adam is in his bath for quite a bit. A good 15 minutes at least. Finally then, you hear him drag himself out of the water. Crumby motions to Valve that he is out.

As to what Valve found, not much that could help determine whether or not he is actually plotting rebellion. Some paperwork talking about how the guards want more pay, the city needs better streets, and a room in the 3rd floor has a hole in the wall. You search among his many possession, but cannot tell if anything is magical or not. You search among the draws and also find nothing. (Wait! You found his evil secret plan that was never meant to be found! I mean, evil secret villians always leave their plan on written paper for others to find. :smallwink:)

He comes out and looks angrily at you.

Have you all been standing out here all this time doing nothing!?. Fools! Go get me my breakfast. Crumby scurries off as he obeys. You may get rid of the bath he says to Kinslayer, who goes also. He then picks up the clothes Bruennen laid on the bed and examines them. It will do for today. he says. Taking off his towel, he dresses himself. By this time, Crumby has returned with a plate from the kitchen which holds the advisor's breakfast. He sits at the table and calmly eats, watching you all silently.

If you want to talk or do something post it, if not, your on hold until the girls advance. You can continue talking, but I hope your whispering. :smallwink: All talk of killing will be assumed to be before he gets out.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-22, 12:37 AM
"Of course, I shall. Please forgive me if I seemed rude, I've been killing on my own the past 20 years. I tend to do things my own way." Valve smiles, and says this as if he were talking about whittling, or knitting.
OOC EDIT:
Gods, I don't see why you people think this is so evil. 90% of the characters I've had would kill him, just not in the same way. Just because someone isn't A: attacking you or B: an orc doesn't mean that killing them is an evil act. It's not good, but it's not very evil.

arguskos
2008-09-22, 12:40 AM
"Remember, there is little difference between killing and slaughter. One is merely forthright and honest about itself." The Kinslayer smirks, and goes back to attending Master Adam.

OOC:
I'm not really saying this act is evil, but it certainly HELPS me to get into a more evil mindset. I rarely play characters that would even consider killing this guy right now, so I'm loosening up that mental muscle, so to say.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-22, 12:45 AM
Valve stares at him in shock. Gods, what a brute. We have so much in common, and yet are so different. Killing can be such an art, and slaughter is just.... barbaric... Valve snaps out of it after about a second, and goes back to his duties.

Fudd
2008-09-22, 02:49 AM
Crumby McSolace

Said before Adam comes out - "Hrm, we were not paid to kill this man. This man seems a bit rude but nothing overtly hostile or abusive. Maybe we can get away with publicly humilating him and embarassing him out of his position.

Done while Adam eats - Looking about for any messes or items requiring cleaning, Crumby sweeps the room in an attempt to stay busy.

oliana0
2008-09-22, 07:39 AM
[roll0]

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 10:09 AM
Lina/Tihana:

As you concentrate with your spell, you see the medium aura is moving. And you can hear footsteps in the bathroom. You still hear the Queen in the tub, so you know it cant be her.

You hear the Queen say. Lina/Tihana. Is that you?

What do you do!?

OOC: I rolled a 1 on move silently. :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 10:16 AM
the guys:

Adam continues watching yousilently while eating his breakfast. He watches Crumby sweep the floor. After a few more continued minutes of silence, he finayy asks So why do you all have red eyes?

OOC: just so your not bored.

ocato
2008-09-22, 10:26 AM
Bruennen
Brue eyeballs the prince's bacon, barely paying attention to what he said. Err... whar from some...uh...w'zerds col'ny. Whar dom'n'ated t'serve y'as best w'kin. No foolin, no backstabbin', no nuffin. Ah dinnae e'en check th'pockets ov yer frilleh blouse when ah laid et out fer ya.
Brue seems to squirm a bit as be makes nice, obviously not accustomed to human politeness or prostrated servitude of any kind.

[roll0]

oliana0
2008-09-22, 11:17 AM
Lina

Lina rushes into the bathroom and looks around. "Yes, your highness?"

If she sees nothing in the room, save the Queen in the tub, she will look, quickly for anything powdery or liquid in the room, soap, facial powder, bucket of water, etc. If she see anything, she will "accidently" knock it over in her haste to respond to the Queen, hopefully over anywhere that a person trying to kill the Queen in her tub would be walking so she can see footprints. "Oh, so sorry, your highness, please stay there and do not get this on your feet. Tihana, I'll need your help in here."

[roll0] (To see if something is invisible in the room)
If she sees no sign of something invisible...
[roll1] (To see if there is a powder or liquid in the room that she can spill to help see anything invisible walking in the room.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 11:22 AM
there is a bucket, but it is currently empty. You could steal some water from the Queen's bath though. And you dont see anything.

oliana0
2008-09-22, 11:31 AM
Lina

Lina grabs a towel or robe for the Queen and heads for the edge of the tub, facing outward. "Your room's clean, your highness. When ever you are ready to select your clothes for today."

Lina stands guard at the tub. Keeping her eyes and ears aware for any signs of badness.

Initiative 27 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4967824&postcount=84)
Spot +15
Listen +18

Kaihaku
2008-09-22, 06:35 PM
Tihana
Tihana follows Lina into the room after a moment and begins, silently, cleaning up after the bath.

Bluff: [roll1] (She isn't feeling suspicious or maintaining concentration, no, just cleaning...really...)
She'll close the door behind Lina and the Queen, catching the medium aura if she can. Regardless, she'll remain to empty the tub and see if she can locate the second aura.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 06:58 PM
first off, the Queen is still in the tub. Second, you notice that as Tina is holding out a towel for the Queen to wrap herself in, the aura is moving towards them. The other aura is standing near the middle of the room.

You identify the aura as invisibility.

Kaihaku
2008-09-22, 07:16 PM
((I presumed, incorrectly, that the Queen would react to Lina's holding of the towel before Tihana entered the room. As it is, let's be more direct...))

Tihana
Tihana begins to step into the room, pauses for a moment, then takes a step back as if forgetting something, "One moment..." As soon as she is out of sight of the Queen, she casts a spell.

Spell
Bluff (33 I think) from previous post to appear that she had forgotten something.

Dispel Magic(The Invisible Thing):
b) Targeted Dispel – Each ongoing spell effect on one target gets a separate Dispel Check. If successful, the spell effect is ended (except for those caused by magic items, which are only suppressed for 1d4 rounds).

Dispel Check(Invisibility): [roll0]

Please roll additional Dispel Checks for any other ongoing spell effects on the target.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 07:21 PM
Lina/Tihana:
As the Lina helps the Queen out of the tub, you cast your magic, and suddenly, two men are visible to her. She screams, and stare in staretlement as that she can see them.

Guards! Guards! she yells as loud as she can.

Battle time.

Int:
Lina
Assassin #1/2
Tihana (rolled for you)

Post your actions. It may be out of order.

One is next to Tina and the Queen, while the other is about 20ft off.

The men:

you guys hear screaming coming from the women's quarters. Adam gets up and rushes off to see what the commotion is about.

Kaihaku
2008-09-22, 07:33 PM
Tihana
The sorceress frowns, taking a step back and casting a spell.

[Major Image]

Major Image(PHB p252)
Will to Disbelief: DC 20
Creates an illusion that has visuals, sound, smell, & heat of an object, creature, or force as the caster visualizes it. The image can move within an area of (4 + 1 per level) 10’ cubes that are contiguous.
If the image is struck, it disappears unless the caster makes it react appropriately.

Tihana will make the illusion react to attacks.

A fully armed royal guard appears just outside and rushes through the doorway into the bath... There, panting heavily, he glares at the assassins, reading his weapon, before glancing in the direction of the Queen to see if she was safe...a blush spreads over his face as his eyes widen at the sight of her.

Fudd
2008-09-22, 07:45 PM
Crumby McSolace

Following Adam out the door, Crumby fires off a Detect Evil Spell in his general direction.

Spell
You can sense the presence of evil. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round
Presence or absence of evil.

Only going to hold it for one round to see in this dude is evil or not.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 07:47 PM
Crumby:

You see a big fat lead sheet blocking your way. You get no reading. :smallwink:

Na he reads evil.

Fudd
2008-09-22, 07:55 PM
Crumby McSolace

Conscience assauged, Crumby prepares and holds his next spell Hold Person, while chasing after Adam.

Spell
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
Level: Brd 2, Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: One humanoid creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D); see text
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware and breathes normally but cannot take any actions, even speech. Each round on its turn, the subject may attempt a new saving throw to end the effect. (This is a full-round action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.)

A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls. A swimmer can’t swim and may drown.

Save DC is Will 17

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 08:07 PM
wait for the other people to act. Know that only Crumby knows he is evil.

oliana0
2008-09-22, 08:11 PM
Lina

"Your highness, in the tub! Keep your head down."

Lina takes a step, dodges the assassin's potential blow by rolling into a ball and tumbling past reaching for the bucket on the ground. She takes a step away from the assassin and throws the bucket at the man.

[roll0] (-4 for improvised weapon) No penalty for him being too close to Queen (Precise Shot)
Damage: Don't know the damage for a bucket, but it would include:
+2 (STR and Point Blank Shot) and [roll1] and if she can move 20' in this room an additional [roll2] for skirmish damage.
Also Lina's AC increases to 27 if she moves 10' and 29 if she can more 20'
Tumble DC 15 (around the assassin) +2 if she has to pass by the other assassin (Lina has 19 in Tumble, so automatic success.)

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 08:15 PM
umm. the assassin hasnt attacked yet, and improvised weapons deal nonlethal, unless of course you are proficent in unarmed strikes. So re-write that post please.

ocato
2008-09-22, 08:25 PM
Bruennen
Hearing the scream, Brue darts after the cleric and the prince, looking to help as best he can.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-22, 08:31 PM
Valve sighs, then waits until Adam is away, then casts invisibility on himself and sprints off after the others.
Move Silently [roll0], running by Adam and trying to avoid notice.

Kaihaku
2008-09-22, 08:49 PM
Tihana
While waiting for the turn to move, Tihana joins the Queen in calling for help as a free action, "Help! Guards!"

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 09:18 PM
hold on hold on.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 09:35 PM
ok i am confused myself on what is going on, so I will try my best.

Lina dunks the Queen's head back underwater and she sputters, trying to hold her breath. She then picks up the bucket next to her and throws it at the invisible attacker. The assassin didges it easily as it flys by him.

He then throws a shuriken at Lina, but it passes by her face, barely missing her. The other assassin throws a shuriken at Tihana, and hits her square in the chest. (4 damage + DC 15 fort save please.)

It is now currently Tihana's turn, and the assassins are visible to everyone. The Queen shouts for her guards, along with Tihana's voice. Tihana what do you do?

Kaihaku
2008-09-22, 09:47 PM
Sure...
So my last action never happened and I'm not out of sight... I'm getting the feeling this campaign prefers, nay demands, the direct approach.

Tihana 77/81 HP / AC 11

Fort: [roll0]

Tihana casts her biggest damaging spell, throwing a orb of festering acid at the nearest assassin.

Ranged Touch Attack Roll(vs Touch AC): [roll1]
Orb of Acid
Damage: [roll2] Acid Damage, No save, no SR.
Secondary Effect: Fort Save DC 21 or become Sickened

oliana0
2008-09-22, 10:09 PM
Lina

Lina jumps up on the side of the tub, says, "Pardon me, your highness," reaches into it and pulls the plug on the tub.

She then jumps off the side of the tub, tumbling across the floor towards the bucket, which she picks up, if she can.

AC: w/10 ft of movement: 27 If she can, she will move 20' for AC: 29
Double move actions to pull the plug and tumble across the floor.
Avoiding AoO with Tumble. Not sure if she can pick up the bucket as well.

arguskos
2008-09-22, 10:21 PM
Kinslayer

Hearing the scream, the Kinslayer looks up, and watches everyone sprint out of the room. He draws his wand of invisibility from a pocket, uses it, puts it back, then runs out of the room, after the others.

The wand was hidden in a pocket. I figured since it's only a foot long stick, it wasn't worth messing with Slight of Hand checks or anything like that.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-22, 10:32 PM
Lina/Tihana:

Tihana, you feel your legs weaken as your strength is sapped. [roll0] this amount of damage to your strength score.

Your stand up taller than before, and let loose your spell. It misses as the assassin swiftly dodges it at the last moment.
Lina then rolls across the floor to pick up the bucket (which i will allow).

The assassin occupied with Lina ignores and turns toward the Queen, throwing a shuriken at her.

He hits her in the arm, and she cries out in pain (1 damage), but she manages to remain upright. The second assassin again throws at Tihana, hitting her again for 3 damage.

Tihana and Lina may go again. You hear the door to the chamber being burst opened.

Deadtime for me now. Anything new will possibly updated later today, but if not tomorrow.

Guys:
The guys continue running with Adam, and guards join you, as well as are in front of you.

oliana0
2008-09-22, 10:46 PM
Lina

Lina's eyes widen as she sees the Queen hit, she scurries, once again to the other side of the assassin and swings the plug on its chain, like a sling around in the air and attempts to plug the assassin.

AC: 27 (29 if room is large enough for her to move 20')
Tumble across the room avoiding AoO.
[roll0] (Includes -4 for improvised weapon)
{Don't know the damage on a plug, 1d3? 1d2?} but add: +2 (STR and Point Blank Shot) and [roll1] and [roll2] if the room allows her to move 20'

Kaihaku
2008-09-23, 02:02 AM
Let's try this again...

Tihana
The sorceress frowns, taking a step back and casting a spell.

[Major Image]

Major Image(PHB p252)
Will to Disbelief: DC 20
Creates an illusion that has visuals, sound, smell, & heat of an object, creature, or force as the caster visualizes it. The image can move within an area of (4 + 1 per level) 10’ cubes that are contiguous.
If the image is struck, it disappears unless the caster makes it react appropriately.

Tihana will make the illusion react to attacks.

A fully armed royal guard appears just outside and rushes through the doorway into the bath... There, panting heavily, he glares at the assassins, reading his weapon, before glancing in the direction of the Queen to see if she was safe...a blush spreads over his face as his eyes widen at the sight of her.

Tihana 75/81 HP / AC 11 / -1 STR

Tihana steps away from the door and out of the sight of the assassin, which she should be able to do since she never was in the room to begin with.

Next Tihana casts Major Image. She creates an illusion of a fully armed royal guard who charges into the bathroom. There, the illusion points its weapon at the assassins threateningly.

The Will Save to disbelieve the illusion is 20.

oliana0
2008-09-23, 02:02 PM
Lina

Lina sighs in relief at the backup, though she keeps her bucket readied.

"They appeared out of no where, and one of their shuriken hit the Queen!"

[roll0]
Lina, apparently will likely play the fool.

With a 7, even Lina's convinced! All of these actions are free actions, still waiting on the assassin's moves to really post.

ocato
2008-09-23, 04:53 PM
Bruennen
Brue runs as quickly as he can, despite his stocky dwarven legs, and begins to slowly, intentionally fall behind the guards and Prince Adam as they run. He opts then to take advantage of the situation and take a quick look around.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-23, 06:50 PM
@octato:

look for what??? :smallconfused:

Lina/Tihana:

The assassins see a bunch of guards quickly appear out of thin air and are frightened. Lina hits one on the head, making him grunt and drawing blood. They look scared as the illusiona dvances of them and both nod to each other before they jump out the window!? The first one goes, breaking the glass [roll0] quickly followed by the second one. Real guards are just starting to enter the bedchamber and are looking for the Queen. They hear Lina and start to swarm into the bathroom.

If you look out the window:

You see them already 100 ft down, and continue dropping until they are about 100 ft from the ground, then you will see them slowly fall until they hit the ground. You then see both of them dissapear again.

the guys: you enter the bedchamber along with other guards.

Kaihaku
2008-09-23, 07:00 PM
Tihana
Tihana jumps out the window after them, mentally calling her owl familiar to join her.

Spell
Tihana casts Fly.

oliana0
2008-09-23, 07:06 PM
Lina

Lina hops over to the window and peers out of it seeing the assassins disappear. She then returns to quickly cover the Queen with her robe, so that the guards don't have to be quite so embarrassed.

She looks to the guards (if new ones have arrived or if the illusion ones are there still) and says, "The Queen needs a healer, and two assassins just jumped out of the window."

She turns to the Queen and requests, "Your highess, you have been hit by one of their weapons which may have been poisoned. Would you like to sit in your bed until a healer can look at your wound?"

Deathslayer7
2008-09-23, 07:10 PM
Well this is before they dissapear since Tihana is chasing them.

Tihana:

The assassins curse loudly as you follow them out the window, and throw two shurikens at you.

One of them aims ture and hits you, the other misses by a mile. (1 damage)

Your turn, they are currently 50 ft from the ground, slow falling.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-23, 07:13 PM
Valve runs in the room soon after the assassins jump out the window, assesses the situation, and dives out after them, casting feather fall after about halfway down. As he lands, he sprints off after them.
a few things to note. A: Valve's still invisible, B: 35 move speed, and C: Low- Light vision.
rolls: spot [roll0]
listen : [roll1]
move silently while running:[roll2]

Kaihaku
2008-09-23, 07:14 PM
Tihana 74/81 HP / AC 11 / -1 STR
Tihana flies after the two slowly falling assassins and casts dispel magic.

Dispel Check: [roll0]

Deathslayer7
2008-09-23, 07:17 PM
Valve runs in the room soon after the assassins jump out the window, assesses the situation, and dives out after them, casting feather fall after about halfway down. As he lands, he sprints off after them.
a few things to note. A: Valve's still invisible, B: 35 move speed, and C: Low- Light vision.
rolls: spot [roll0]
listen : [roll1]
move silently while running:[roll2]

well your going to be bumping into people, second, you made too many actions in that one post. I will allow you to get to the window and jump out the window. Next turn you can cast feather fall. NExt turn, we shall see.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-23, 07:18 PM
feather fall is a free action. And c'mon, the guy's 94 pounds and has a dexterity of 16. If you want, however, tumble check not to bump into people. 1d20+16

Deathslayer7
2008-09-23, 07:19 PM
Tihana/Valve:
you see Tihana cast a spell, and the two assassing fall the last 50 ft to the ground. You hear a sickening crunch and only one of the assassins gets to his feet. He then goes invisible on you.

You both may go again.

^: casting feather fall is not. Unless you have a magic item, i assume you use the spell. say so otherwise. That goes for everyone. I dont know what feats you have or magic items, so remind me. I have too much stuff to remember to remember that kind of thins.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-23, 07:21 PM
It is so, I'm looking at its entry in the PHB, casting time: 1 free action. Check it yourself:smalltongue:. If you want to just say it's a standard action or whatver, fine, you're the DM.
(gawd, I probably sound like a schmuck)

Deathslayer7
2008-09-23, 07:24 PM
it is an immediate action, not free, but yes you are correct. did not know that, i apoligize. So you are falling out the window with feather fall on. It is your turn.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-23, 07:30 PM
Valve runs after the assassin after drawing his dagger. He tries to find the assassin, and follows him at about 10 feet away until Tihana is able to remove the invisibility again, when he stabs him.
ok, just for posterity's sake, attack roll , damage [roll]1d4 + 6d6.... curses.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-23, 07:32 PM
damage again....[roll0]+[roll1]

Kaihaku
2008-09-23, 07:55 PM
((Went for breakfast.))

Tihana
Tihana frowns as one of the assassins vanishes yet again, then she casts Dispel Magic one more time.

Dispel Check: [roll]1d20+10[/roll[

Kaihaku
2008-09-23, 08:14 PM

For real this time.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-23, 09:17 PM
Valve/Tihana:

As Tihana casts dispel magic, it will take Valve a turn to get down with his feather fall. Valve then stabs the man in his gut, making him double over, but not quite fall. The assassin plainly calls Tihana a b***** and Valve a bastard and throws a shuriken at at Valve. His shuriken slips from his hand as he tries to pull it out and curses his bad luck.

your turn.

Do the people in the Queen's chamber want to do anything?? :smallconfused:

Kaihaku
2008-09-23, 09:27 PM
Tihana
Tihana raises a hand in the direction of the assassin, speaks the words of a spell, and discharges five orbs of magical force which surge unerringly at the man.

Magic Missile
Can't miss, no save.

SR Check if needed: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

oliana0
2008-09-23, 09:28 PM
You mean, like, get the Queen to her bed, get a healer and maybe gauge the reaction of the bad guy?

Gorgondantess
2008-09-23, 10:03 PM
Valve lolls at the man, "My, how rude of you. And I thought we were getting on so well." Valve laughs a deep, harsh laugh, then stabs the man a couple more times.
attacks: [roll0][roll1]
and damage: [roll2], [roll3]

arguskos
2008-09-23, 11:36 PM
As he is invisible, the Kinslayer simply lags back with Bruennen to watch the situation, and observe the advisor, Adam.

Basically, if I see anything fishy, tell me. I want details as to what he is doing.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 12:36 PM
Tihana/Valve: Tihana's spell hits the assasin and he crumples to the ground unmoving. If you wish to continue your stabbing, you are only stabbing a corpse. The other assassin is bleeding through a cracked skull, and his breath is coming in short gasps.

The Others:
Some of the maids Queen's manage to put a robe onto the Queen, and she is taken to her bed. Adam is kneeling to one side of her, examining the wound. You hear him mutter a few words to her quietly. A healer is brought in and examines the wound. He heaves a sigh of relief. He mutters a few words, and the cut heals up.

The Queen will be fine he announces to the room. Her body has already degraded the poison into harmless components. She will live, but she needs rest.

At that moment, Janis rushes into the room. I only just heard he says in a rush. Is she fine? Will she be okay?

The healer speaks to him quietly, and he heaves a sigh of relief.

He then goes and takes the other side of the Queen.

The Queen is fine, as she stands on her own.

No rest for me. I have to go meet with the diplomats from the dwarven kingdoms. They will be insulted if i dont.

Both Adam and Janis say they can take care of such a simple matter, but she silences them both with her hand. Enough! Now everyone get out! I wish to change!

Slowly everyone starts filing out of the room.

Kinslayer:

Adam has genuine concern on his face for the Queen's well-being. What he does is normal for someone who cares about his Queen.

You guys can do what you want for now.

arguskos
2008-09-24, 12:43 PM
Kinslayer

Hmm... strange Still watching Adam, the Kinslayer tries to discern if his concern is sincere or not.

Sense Motive: 1d20+7

oliana0
2008-09-24, 12:50 PM
Lina

Lina helps the Queen select her clothes and jewelry and chits some chat along the way. She will try to work the following statements and questions into conversation.

"I'm sorry about Tihana, I don't know what got into her, diving after those men. I hope she's okay."

"Are you often threatened by assassins? I would have expected security here to prevent such things."

"I wonder who would have sent those men. Do you know of any reason that anyone would want to hurt you?"

ocato
2008-09-24, 01:40 PM
Bruennen
Brue goes back to Prince Adam's room and continues cleaning.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 04:36 PM
Lina the Queen says after both of you are alone. Why are you actually here? I know what my guards look like. Those men in the bathroom looked wrong. It is kind of hard to explain. And why did Tihana jump out the window? It all makes no sense to me. Please, if you know anything tell me.

You turn to a piece of parchment after making sure no one is in the room and scribble down your note.

She reads it and her eyes burn with a million questions, but she keeps her silence. She watches you as you toss the piece of paper into the flame.

oliana0
2008-09-24, 04:36 PM
Lina

Lina the Queen says after both of you are alone. Why are you actually here? I know what my guards look like. Those men in the bathroom looked wrong. It is kind of hard to explain. And why did Tihana jump out the window? It all makes no sense to me. Please, if you know anything tell me.

Lina replies by writing the following on a sheet of paper, showing it to the Queen and then burning the paper.

"Someone sent us to protect you. For your safety, please don't ask any more questions. We are on your side."

she looks at the scrap of paper, and watches as you toss it into the fire. She looks as if she has a million other questions, but in the end she only nods.

"When Tihana gets back, we can talk about your schedule for the rest of the day."

When Tihana gets back, Lina will excuse herself and recover some of her axes, attempting to hide her most powerful (2) on her person and stashing another pair in the Queens chambers. (2)

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 04:54 PM
do you have a spell or something or just by hand?

Kaihaku
2008-09-24, 05:08 PM
Tihana
Tihana lands, ignoring the dead assassin as valve possibly plays pin cushion, and walks over to the bleeding but not quite dead assassin. She tends to his wounds, then waves for Valve to come assist her in tying him up.

Heal(to stabilize): 10+0
Heal(to stabilize): 10+0 (in case first fails)
Heal(to stabilize): 10+0 (in case first and second fail)

Kaihaku
2008-09-24, 05:09 PM
I have no idea what happened there...

Heal(to stabilize): [roll0]
Heal(to stabilize): [roll1] (in case first fails)
Heal(to stabilize): [roll2] (in case first and second fail)

oliana0
2008-09-24, 05:15 PM
Lina will hide them by hand, and ask Tihana or the Queen if they are noticeable. She's already wearing her armor under her uniform, she probably looks really fat. :smallwink:

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 05:27 PM
if you are wearing armor/weapons i would need disguise checks. You never gave me any :smallannoyed:

Gorgondantess
2008-09-24, 05:39 PM
Valve glares at Tihana after she kills the assassin, and puts away his dagger. He stand there, waiting for her to finish healing him, then takes him off to a secluded area (carefully, and if Tihana tries to follow he tells her not to, assuring her he won't kill him), waiting for him to wake up (if he's unconscious), hours if need be. As soon as he does, Valve slaps him in the face. "You idiot! *slap* I was sent to make sure you fools wouldn't botch the job! *slap* And, of course, you did. *waits about a second, sighs, and slaps him again. Puts the dagger to his throat* now, what do you have to say for yourself? You do know the price of failure?"
Bluff check:[roll0]
intimidate check: [roll1]

Kaihaku
2008-09-24, 05:47 PM
Tihana

"Where are..." She sighs, shaking her head as valve rushes off with the unconscious assassin, "So much for teamwork..."

Search: [roll0] (Tihana searches the other assassin.)

oliana0
2008-09-24, 05:52 PM
[roll0]

I want glamored armor.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 05:55 PM
your going to get arrested if you are going to be wearing that armor. I still dont understand what you guys dont understand about no armor/weapons unless they are concealed. :smallsigh: Is it that complicated. And the first guard would notice that you are wearing armor fyi.

Kaihaku
2008-09-24, 05:58 PM
What, if anything, does the dead assassin have on him?

oliana0
2008-09-24, 06:03 PM
These are things that would have been nice to know about before equiping a character.
At the first chance Lina gets, she will get her armor enchanted to be glamored. Considering a big bag of gold should have been waiting for her in her room, she should have sufficient funds.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 06:04 PM
As Valve drags the unconscious assassin off after Tihana's inadequate healing, he notices X's across his eyes. He dies.

As to what you find on both of them combined. Poisoned shurikens, gold amounting up to 3 silver pieces and 4 gold pieces. A key (to what door no idea), and a note that says "Failure is not an option." with no signature.

It seems this hit was planned.

^: you can always go without armor. It won't kill you.

Kaihaku
2008-09-24, 06:10 PM
Tihana
Tihana ponders this silently for a moment, then shoves the body and it's possessions into her bag of holding. Shaking her head, she looks up at the broken window far above with a frown. Just then, her familiar arrives and lands on her shoulder.

oliana0
2008-09-24, 06:18 PM
^: you can always go without armor. It won't kill you.
But it does increase the odds of being hurt by 30%

Kaihaku
2008-09-24, 06:28 PM
Tihana
Tihana flies up to the window but looks in before entering. Seeing that the bathroom is empty, she flies in quietly and hovers inside.

ocato
2008-09-24, 06:36 PM
Bruennen
Feeling a bit restless, Brue sniffs around for magical or valuable items he can eat.

Fudd
2008-09-25, 08:34 PM
Crumby McSolace

Following his charge, Adam, diligently with his head down in a servants manner Crumby keeps with him serving him as he commands. Keeping his eyes and ears open, Crumby tries to pick up as much valuable information as possible.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-26, 12:46 PM
Brue: You dont find much of magical items worth in value.

Ok I am moving the plot onward. Sorry but if i missed someone, please say so.

Adam returns to his quarters, and (how many of you follow besides Valve) wonders why they are only 3/2 of you left. Where are the others? he asks.

After Tihana flies back into the bathroom, you notice the Queen is gone and Lina is waiting for you. You may talk IC if you want.

Afterwards, you head out to the central meeting chamber where the Queen is currently metting with dwarven ambassadors. You enter quietly from the back, and stand to one side as the Queen talks with the dwarfs.

Conversation to come soon.

Valve: you are still outside, what do you do? You are near a dead body and hear guards coming toward you.

oliana0
2008-09-26, 01:51 PM
Lina

After Tihana gets back and before they leave to wait on the Queen, Lina recommends that the look around to see how the assassins got in.

[roll0] to see anything amiss
[roll1] for footprints, secret doors, etc.
If Lina doesn't find anything, she will search harder, i.e., take 20 for 37 on search roll.

arguskos
2008-09-26, 02:03 PM
Kinslayer

Having dismissed his invisibility at some convenient time, the Kinslayer simply stands at attention. At Adam's question, he says, "I do not know sir."

ocato
2008-09-26, 03:08 PM
Bruennen
Brue looks up, seemingly surprised by the Prince's entrance. Dunno, boss, ah'm jus cleanin'.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-26, 05:34 PM
Valve sighs, and casts invisibility on himself once more. Not to be outdone by Tihana, he begins the long ascent up to the queen's room.
I love being irrational. climb check [roll0]. If he slips and falls, he casts feather fall and continues his ascent. If invisibility runs out, he casts it again. Once at the top in the queen's room, he casts it again nevertheless. Oh, by the way; I would absolutely love for Valve to be able to cast fly. Could we house- rule allowing him to cast it as a 3rd, or even 4th (once he can cast those) level spell?

Kaihaku
2008-09-26, 05:59 PM
Or Valve could just ask for Tihana to cast it on him, I didn't load up on buffing spells just for myself.

"Good thought." Tihana answers quietly, aiding the halfling.

[Aid Other] [roll0]

Deathslayer7
2008-09-27, 09:31 PM
The Guys: Adam glares at the fact the Bruennen did not come to aid the Queen. You can see it plainly across his face. He seems about to say something, but thinks better of it and closes his mouth. Instead he mumbles, Servants. So unreliable. He dismisses you away for the day, saying to come back tomorrow morning.

The guys go back to their rooms, and their, you see a small bag on each of you beds that wasnt their earlier. Inside each is gold, with a note saying.

As promised, here is the gold. Know that your rooms were searched earlier today, as I suspected, and make sure to keep this bag hidden. Burn the note also. On each persons bed is their armor/weapons they left Janis.

The Girls: After Tihana gets in, they give the bag to Valve and have him hide the dead assassin in their rooms. Afterwards, Tihana and Lina preced to the central throne room where the Queen is meeting with the dwarven ambassadors. As you get there, you are denied entry. Even after you explain yourself, the guards do not allow you in, and you return to your rooms. There, you find the same bag with the same notes and weapons/armors.

You may do what you want from about 10 am to 10pm, as it is relatively uneventful. Just post here.

Around 10pm, as you all get ready for bed, you hear shrieking coming from somewhere, as of yet unidentifiable. What do you do?

Kaihaku
2008-09-27, 11:58 PM
After Tihana gets in, they give the bag to Valve and have him hide the dead assassin in their rooms.

Um... Can I just leave the body in the extradimensional space of the bag of holding? Seems safer and less smelly.

Tihana tells Crumby McSolace of the dead assassin and recommends that they pick his brain, so to speak.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-27, 11:59 PM
thats fine.

Kaihaku
2008-09-28, 06:21 AM
Tihana
Hearing the scream, Tihana casts Invisibility on Lina and herself then goes to investigate.

oliana0
2008-09-28, 09:17 AM
Line

Lina awakes to a scream and suddenly being invisible she shrugs and equips herself with her shiny new ring and then bumps into Tihana as they both try to leave the room at the same time. She allows Tihana to go first and "follows" as best she can keeping to the side of the hallways to avoid detection and walking as silently as she can.

Well not as quietly as possible as she moves ar nearly her full speed and takes a -5 to her skill check
[roll0]

ocato
2008-09-28, 11:37 AM
Bruennen
Bruennen enjoys a quiet afternoon of toil, working hard on his latest project. He carefully hides the money and his items in a place where he's certain no one will find them. Upon hearing the shriek, he buckles up his belt, puts on his goggles, grabs his crossbow and wands, and peeks out the door, seeing if anyone/thing is in the hallway. (He will also take a moment to infuse himself accordingly)

Deathslayer7
2008-09-28, 11:49 AM
so are the guys doing anything or are they just sleeping through the shrieks?

Gorgondantess
2008-09-28, 08:01 PM
Valve sighs, and looks around dejectedly, and rubs his head. If these attacks are going to become consistent, I'm not sleeping in the castle. He casts invisibility, and runs off in the direction of the shriek.

arguskos
2008-09-29, 12:02 PM
Kinslayer

Having hidden the gold, sword, and armor somewhere, and trying to get some sleep, the Kinslayer is awakened by shrieking. "I just want ten minute of sleep damnit." He grabs his wand, activates it, casts Haste on himself, and runs in the direction of the screaming.

Haste lasts for 7 rounds, Invisibility for 3 minutes.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-29, 07:02 PM
As you all head out, it seems the shrieking is coming from somewhere down the hallway, suprisngly, you dont see anyone else out and about in the halls.

As you all proceed down the hallway, 3 of you invisible, the shrieking suddenly stops.

As you turn a corner, you all see a shdowy figure turn the corner up ahead. Racing down the hallway, you turn the corner where you saw the figure, only to see him turn down another corner. This goes on for a few minutes. It seems that you are gaining no ground on the person.

What do you guys do?

invisibility has expired, and i will say you didnt cast haste.

ocato
2008-09-29, 07:08 PM
Bruennen
Brue looks around, noting the endless turning corridors. Sumfin ain't right lads. With that he turns and runs in the other direction, crossbow ready to fire. At each corner he stops and peaks around to see if anyone is coming or if his enemy is perhaps leading them in a circle.

oliana0
2008-09-29, 07:28 PM
Lina

After rushing down one corridor, Lina follows no further. She returns to the hallway that the shadow first appeared in and searches for clues as to what it was doing there.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Gorgondantess
2008-09-29, 07:45 PM
Valve sighs, vexed. I should have caught up to him by now... He casts invisibility, then runs off in a different direction to try to head the figure off.
Y'know, I didn't take dash as one of my 3 feats for nothing. It should allow me to catch up to just about any non barbarian or monk out there. If anything, the only way to explain this is to say the figure has dash as well, but in that case Valve would be the only one keeping up with him. It vexes me that you'll throw out my character's abilities like that- I took dash just for things like this. Or, of course, you could just use your magical DM hand waving powers:smallwink:. But in that case I'm still vexed:smallfrown:.

Kaihaku
2008-09-29, 07:51 PM
We've been chasing him for twenty minutes (duration of invisibility) and only get to act now? :smallfrown:

Tihana
Tihana slows, letting the others chase after the figure. Then she casts GREATER BLINK on herself. Her familiar, being an owl, continues to fly swiftly after the figure. With greater blink active, Tihana can now hop through walls and begins to do so to cut off the figure.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-29, 08:33 PM
ok i checked up the duration on invisibility, and its 1 min/level, thus your invisibilites are still intact. Whiners. :smalltongue: But it still has been a couple of minutes.
As to your dash, Do not question me or suffer my wrath! :smallmad:

*has Banjo the Clown SMITE YOU!*

Gorgondantess
2008-09-29, 08:45 PM
Ok, I see. So you used your magical DM handwavium (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandWave). Curse you for not letting me solve all my assassin-chasing problems instantly. I'm still vexed though:smallannoyed:. And anyways, how does Lina keep up with her stubby little halfling legs?:smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2008-09-29, 09:00 PM
I did not do that, so please dont bash me. There is a perfectly logical explanation, if you would only wait. :smallmad:

Kaihaku
2008-09-29, 09:07 PM
Tihana
Tihana phases through a few walls to get closer to the figure. Anything happen?

Deathslayer7
2008-09-29, 09:09 PM
I'm waiting for everyones actions before i continue.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-30, 08:30 PM
Valve and Bruennen double back and hope to cut off the figure as he comes around the corner. To their suprise they see the figure dart down the corner of their hallway. You seem to realize that there is more than one person here most likely.

Tihana uses greater blink to cut off the figure, but finds no one at the end.

Lina searches the area where the figure first appeared and finds no clues as to who or what it is or was doing here.

Kinslayer continues forward. After about 30s, while Tihana is thinking, all of you see each other.

Valve and Bruennen:
you see a figure behind The Kinslayer.

Kinslayer: you see a figure behind Valve and Bruennen.

Tihana: you see nothing except for the group arrive at your spot.

Lina is still at the spot searching, and failing. You find nothing.

ocato
2008-09-30, 08:53 PM
Bruennen
Brue hefts his crossbow and shouts out, DUCK LAD! With that he fires a few bolts from his imbued repeater.

(add +2 if the target is a human)
[roll1] (Same, add +2 if target is a human)
[rollv=damage1]1d10+2d6+2 add if the target is human.
[rollv=damage2]1d10+2d6+2 and [roll3] if human.

ocato
2008-09-30, 08:56 PM
Messed up damage:
[roll0]+ [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

[roll4]+ [roll5] + [roll6] + [roll7]

ocato
2008-09-30, 08:58 PM
Sorry for all the posts, I didn't see that the first one was a crit.

[roll0]+ [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

Kaihaku
2008-09-30, 10:48 PM
As she notes the others but before they begin attacking phantom figures, Tihana frowns, "Something's wrong." She casts detect magic.

Deathslayer7
2008-09-30, 10:55 PM
It feels as if the whole 2nd floor is surronded with some sort of magic. Strong magic. Very strong magic.

Kaihaku
2008-09-30, 11:03 PM
Spellcraft: [roll0] Which school?

Edit: -_-;

Deathslayer7
2008-09-30, 11:08 PM
you dont know.

Gorgondantess
2008-09-30, 11:50 PM
Valve grabs Brue by the shoulder as he is about to attack. "I doubt your crossbow will do any good." He draws his dagger and waits.

oliana0
2008-10-01, 07:37 AM
Lina

Lina, frustrated, heads towards the Queen's chambers to check on her.

arguskos
2008-10-01, 10:27 AM
Kinslayer

Noting that this doesn't seem right, he comes to a stop behind the others. If the figure is still in his sight, he'll cast Mage Hand to try and pull the figure's cloak, to ascertain if it is real or not.

"Valve! Bruennen! Do you have a mirror on hand?"

ocato
2008-10-01, 11:39 AM
Bruennen
Brue looks at his crossbow a moment, then lets out a gruff call, D'ah look like th'type wh'grooms 'emself excessively t'you lad?!

Deathslayer7
2008-10-01, 10:03 PM
Tihana/Valve/Bruennen:

Bruennen fires his crossbow before Valve can stop him. It's a far shot, but Brue hits the target right on. It simply passes through the figure.
What do you guys do?

Lina: You quietly open the door to the Queen's chamber and find her sleeping peacefully. What do you do?

arguskos: Bruennen yells "Duck!" and you do so. You see a crossbow bolt fly over you. What do you do?

oliana0
2008-10-01, 10:21 PM
Lina

Lina stands guard at the Queen's chamber until things make sense again.

Kaihaku
2008-10-01, 10:23 PM
Tihana casts dispel magic.

Come on 20.

Edit: dies

ocato
2008-10-01, 10:37 PM
Bruennen
Brue grumbles, reaching into one of his belt pouches and producing the "toy" he's been working on, a long slender piece of metal who's head has been carved into the open, roaring mouths of a three-headed hydra. He points it at the figure, flipping his goggles down over his eyes and shouting loudly. Mebbe ah'll see if thes ting's werkin' yet!

Deathslayer7
2008-10-01, 10:42 PM
you all hear more shrieking again.

the group (excluding Lina): You see Lina is missing, but you can now identify where the shrieking is coming from. Its coming from the conference room the Queen uses.

oliana0
2008-10-01, 11:00 PM
Lina

Lina checks on the Queen again to see if she wakes up.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-01, 11:10 PM
nope. She continues sleeping like a log.

Fudd
2008-10-02, 12:15 AM
Crumby McSolace

Waking up with a big yawn, Crumby looks about the chambers and notices that Kinslayer and Valve are missing, Crumby sticks his head out the door and looks left and right. Seeing a commotion down the hall, Crumby saunters down the hall towards the action.

Kaihaku
2008-10-02, 05:03 AM
Tihana walks to the conference hall.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-02, 10:34 AM
still waiting for everyones actions.

oliana0
2008-10-02, 10:46 AM
Lina

Lina hides in the shadows and patrols the corridors.

[roll0] +20 if she's still invisible.
If invisibility is off, she switches the armor and weapons back into the ring so she looks unarmed and unarmored.

ocato
2008-10-02, 12:16 PM
Bruennen
Wand in hand, Brue charges past the creepy intangibles and heads for the conference room, kicking at the door with all his might to burst in, read to fire his wand at any threat.

Fudd
2008-10-02, 02:19 PM
Crumby McSolace

Heads towards the big boom of a door getting kicked in.

arguskos
2008-10-02, 02:27 PM
Kinslayer

Noting that no one had a mirror, the Kinslayer ducks the obligatory missile. "Never mind, Bruennen." He curses quietly, casts invisibility on himself from his wand, and continues on, hoping to find a point where his skills may be useful. Cursed non-combat situations...

Gorgondantess
2008-10-02, 05:11 PM
Valve, like kinslayer, casts invisbility and slinks along to the conference rooms.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-03, 01:33 PM
Crumby: you run past the Queen's room, but dont see anything out of the normal. You head over towards where you heard the shriekings.

Lina: You see the Crumby go past you as he hears the screaming. You may wish to call out if you want to.

The group (excluding the above two): Tihana opens the conference door room, and Valve and Kinslayer sneak in quietly. Bruennen comes in from behind. Inside, as you enter, you see Adam turn around. He has 10 guards with him.

I knew you couldn't be trusted! he yells at you guys. No doubt Janis set this up! I will deal with him after I deal with you! Guards! Arrest them!

Roll for intiative please, those who are in combat, and post what you do. Will try to get a map up soon. Might take a while though.

Map:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/death_slayer7/patheticmap.jpg

Battle Notes:
I find using a complicated system makes combat take longer, so I assume that if you attack someone but they already dropped due to someone else, then you go for the next person and whatnot.

As to who you are. Speaking colors are you colors. Still need help?

Top to bottom:
Bruennen, Tihana, Kinslayer, Valve.

The big brown thing is a table. It is about 5 ft high, but you can climb on it if you want. The smaller brown rectangles are chairs (yes they are. What did they look like to you? :smallannoyed:) Only two people can fit on either side of the table before the wall stops you.

Black dots are the guards, orange is Adam.

Fighters are labeld from top to bottom and left to right. starting from 1 going to 10.

ocato
2008-10-03, 02:15 PM
Bruennen
Brue looks at the encroaching guards and groans, slowly lifting his crossbow. Ain't no two bit prince gonna 'rrest meh fer tryin' t' save 'is queeinie's life!

[roll0]
Bruennen will move up onto the table and fire a bolt at Prince Adam directly.
[roll1] (assuming I'm not 30' or closer, if I am, add +1, I also forgot, add another 2 for human bane)
[roll2] +[roll3] +[roll4] +[roll5]

He shouts loudly Cover meh lads!

arguskos
2008-10-03, 02:58 PM
"Nothing will save you from our wrath, Adam!"

Initiative: [roll0]
Casting Shield (swift action to do so) for +7 AC. Breaking Invisibility to cast Evard's Black Tentacles centered on Adam. Would you like grapple checks now or later?

Deathslayer7
2008-10-03, 03:13 PM
You can roll yours, i will roll adams.

Also, the table is about 60 ft long. The total room is about 100ft long.

oliana0
2008-10-03, 04:59 PM
Can Lina hear any of this, shouting, door crashing in, etc.? If so she'll head that way and take a potion of invisibility before she enters.

Just let me know how many rounds it takes. Init +7 if necessary

Gorgondantess
2008-10-03, 05:03 PM
Valve sighs, and if he weren't invisible, one could see him look with a loving, grateful look, and run a finger down his face as if to signify a tear- of gratitude, of course. He casts darkness, then slinks over by the edge on the lefthand side of the table to wait for the 1st sucker to walk by.
initiative: [roll0]
move silently: [roll1]
Is it assumed that Valve has brought his rapier? his poisons? his armor? his dagger? I forgot to say when he left for the shriek. He would have at least brought his rapier, but then again, I'm biased right now, so I'll leave it up to your discretion.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-03, 05:03 PM
you hear the door crashing in. You wouldnt hear the sounds of fighting until a round later though.

^: you bring whatever would have been at hand.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-03, 08:45 PM
Here is int order. This is more for my knowledge then yours. Tihana, rolled intiative for you.

int:

Fighter #3
Adam
Bruennen
Fighter #6/5/1
Kinslayer
Fighter # 10/2/8
Tihana
Valve
Fighter # 4/7/9

Still waiting on Tihana's actions before i can go.

Kaihaku
2008-10-03, 11:00 PM
Tihana casts grease, covering the ground to the right of the table (south) with a large patch of slippery grease.

Grease
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1 Components: V, S, M Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) Target or Area: One object or a 10-ft. square
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. This save is repeated on your turn each round that the creature remains within the area. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Balance skill for details).

Gorgondantess
2008-10-03, 11:22 PM
Tihana casts grease, covering the ground to the right of the table (south) with a large patch of slippery grease.

Grease
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Brd 1, Sor/Wiz 1 Components: V, S, M Casting Time: 1 standard action Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels) Target or Area: One object or a 10-ft. square

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. This save is repeated on your turn each round that the creature remains within the area. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Balance check. Failure means it can’t move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Balance skill for details).
How tame.:smalltongue:

Kaihaku
2008-10-03, 11:45 PM
Yeah, well... Motivation is lacking.

Fudd
2008-10-04, 01:05 AM
Crumby McSolace

Oh, sounds like something going on up there!

With that Crumby will break into a swift jog to catch up with whatever's happening and fall into combat duties.

[roll0] Init roll

Deathslayer7
2008-10-04, 12:11 PM
Action Results:

Fighter #3 growls at you guys as he moves closer so he can get in position. He is now currently 40 ft away.

Adam curses at you all. I'll have your heads on pikes for this betrayal! I'll have you all whipped and quarterd! I'll have you all begging for death, than deny it!

With that, he whispers a few words, and suddenly, everyone has turned invisible.
Spellcraft check:mass invisibility

You all may revise your actions, if not I assume you stick with what you have.

Sorry, should of posted this in the first place. :smallredface:

Gorgondantess
2008-10-04, 12:17 PM
Curse you, now I can't gank people effectively.:smallfrown: Valve doesn't cast darkness, and he waits for one of them to turn visible. Let's assume he brought his rapier and dagger, but not his armor and poisons.

ocato
2008-10-04, 12:32 PM
Bruennen
Brue curses loudly in dwarvish and turns to his allies, shouting commands as he is used to from years in the dwarven army. Glitt'rdust, now!

With that he pulls a wand from his belt of many pouches and waves it in the air, evoking the carefully crafted powers that lie within it.

I automatically succeed on UMD with a wand (DC 20) on a 1, so presumably I don't need to roll. However, to make sure everyone is happy:
[roll0] to cast a chain spell'd Heroism (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/heroism.htm) on everyone in the party. This effect lasts 30 minutes and costs 4 wand charges.

Kaihaku
2008-10-04, 06:34 PM

Grease
Conjuration (Creation)

^
Tihana does the action quoted.

oliana0
2008-10-04, 06:38 PM
How many rounds until Lina arrives?

And Remember she has blindsense

Deathslayer7
2008-10-05, 02:23 PM
ok.

Bruennen steps up onto the table, shouting some might fine words. Lightning crackles the air as all of you feel more powerful. (YAY!)

You don't know exactly where the fighters are, but you hear footsteps and armor clanking coming closer,

Kinslayer casts his spell, but without a target, it is ineffective.

More fighters move forward.

Tihana casts her spell on the right side of the table, and suddenly, you see s lick oil covering the ground.

More fighters move forward, and one of the slips on the oil, covering the ground. This effectively makes him visible, so Valve takes the chance, and effectively stabs the man on the ground, making him cry out.

The fight on the other side of the table charges Bruennen, but misses, and suddenly he is visible.

You hear Adam muttering another spell, but fail to see him.

Actions?

Lina/Crumby: you hear shouting and the sounds of fighting as you move closer to the conference hall. Next turn, you shall be in battle.

arguskos
2008-10-05, 04:19 PM
As a friendly note, Black Tentacles isn't a targeted spell. I simply centered it on the position where Adam was. It remains active for 10 rounds, just sayin'.

"Glitterdust incoming!" Kinslayer takes a step backwards, and evokes a Glitterdust spell on the center of the table.

Glitterdust is large enough to cover a good portion of the room, so it should hit lots of guards/Adam. Once it activates, Black Tentacles will grapple the crap out of everyone. Just lemme know when.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-05, 05:16 PM
^: I don't have SpC, so can you psot what it does?

Gorgondantess
2008-10-05, 05:48 PM
Wheeeee, bloodthirsty!
Valve casts invisibility, then gets on a chair, waiting for the next person to trip and lose invisibility. As he waits, he washes his hands with the blood on his rapier.
concentration roll, just in case.1d20

Deathslayer7
2008-10-05, 05:51 PM
^: i forgot about your invisibility.... Yay, that kills him for sure. I'm not even going to be rolling that. You can revise, or i just assume you go after someone who isnt visible.

Gorgondantess
2008-10-05, 05:51 PM
well, nevermind then.

Kaihaku
2008-10-05, 06:29 PM
Tihana casts Dispel Magic on Adam.

ocato
2008-10-05, 07:08 PM
Bruennen
Brue steps back from the attempted blow with a hearty laugh. Y'll hafta do better 'an that laddie! With that he quickly stuffs one wand into his belt of many pouches and produces a second, the hydra headed wand he had been working on for the last few days. L'ssee what thes kin do! He shouts with an almost mad sounding glee and with that he points the wand in the face of the guard dramatically. There is a half-second pause where the wand seems destined to fail, but then suddenly each of the carved hydra heads breaths a powerful column of white hot fire directly at the guard.

Brue takes a 5' step back and draws and activates his wand of Scorching Ray. [roll0] DC: 20
Touch Attacks
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

{Don't forget everyone! You get a +2 morale bonus to all attack rolls, skill checks, and saves for the next 30 minutes!}

Fudd
2008-10-05, 10:38 PM
Just tell me when I can start doing something.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-06, 01:22 PM
before i go on, I need arguskos to say where he is casting glitterdust (it is only a 10ft radius, so you could only cover a small portion of the room.

Second, I still need that info on the argusko's grappling spell if someone is nice enough to provide it.

v: ya i looked it up on crystal keep just now. :smallsmile:

ocato
2008-10-06, 01:28 PM
((I believe that the Kinslayer was casting Glitterdust, Brue just ordered it.

As for the spell, Black Tentacles (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/blackTentacles.htm) is core, albeit called Evard's (sp?) Black Tentacles in the PhB.))

oliana0
2008-10-06, 02:04 PM
Lina

Lina runs towards the fighting.

I can't tell when rounds have ended or changed, so please let me know when Lina is availble to participate.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-06, 11:22 PM
Bruennen waves his wand at the guard and mutters a few words. Instantly, 3 rays shoot out from the tip and catch the guard straight in the chest. He crumbles to the floor as a burnt mark stains his armor.

Two more fighters advanced on Bruennen, but the agile dwarf dodges their attacks easily. Two more men suddenly become visible.

Kinslayer casts his spell (centered on the middle of the table. Unfortunately, it is ineffective. All he manages to do is see dust floating in the air.

Two other fighters on the south side of the table advanced, and keep their footing on the oil. They attack Valve, and one of them manages to score a hit. (4 damage) Two more fighters become visible.

Tihana cast dispels Adam's invisibility effectively. You see him glaring at her.

Valve moves to the table and casts invisibility on himself.

The other fighters move closer, some still invisible.

Adam then casts Fireball at your group. (reflex DC 18 or 40 damage)

Before he casts his spell, Lina and Crumby appear in the doorway (no you dont need to make a save).

Crumby/Lina, i rolled for you, and will post where you are in int.