PDA

View Full Version : Video Asistance; Pride

Collin152
2008-09-20, 03:54 PM
Well, friends and I are working on a video for a class, regarding the frailty of humanity. Specificaly, pride.
We got nothin'.
We need a good idea. We think, maybe a parody of something, but we have no guidance.
Guide us, playground. Help us bash pride.

Edge
2008-09-20, 04:00 PM
Most obvious one thing to do is show it leading to someone's downfall. I'm trying to rakc my brain for a good old-fashioned bit of hubris from Greek myth, but I'm coming up with nothing.

Spiryt
2008-09-20, 04:03 PM
Napoleon Bonaparte is unoriginal, but solid example.

And many other political/military geniuses from history, really.

Also, what should be the genre of the video? You acting/showing something about the topic, or maybe a montage of some already existing stuff, a mix, or something else?

Vizen
2008-09-20, 04:22 PM
Well, I guess the best way to start would be to actually explain what your going to talk about, even if it isnt something your going to use in the presentation, it will help you find a rough guideline for planning what you will end up saying.

Then once you know what your going to be talking about, find some examples of what fits in with what your trying to portray. Pride leads to an eventual downfall? find something that shows that.

I would then find something that backs up that theory. Pride isnt just something out on its own, pride usually comes, or is caused by, other things or emotions.

Then when you have all that stuff bunched up, put it into something readable and easy to follow by the audience.

My 2 cents. ^_^

Rawhide
2008-09-20, 04:31 PM
Talk about how you knew, just knew, without a doubt that you were going to make the best video presentation of the entire class, but when it came down to it, you came up completely blank. Oh the metahumour is killing me.

bosssmiley
2008-09-21, 09:10 AM
{Scrubbed}

Castaras
2008-09-21, 11:32 AM
Talk about how you knew, just knew, without a doubt that you were going to make the best video presentation of the entire class, but when it came down to it, you came up completely blank. Oh the metahumour is killing me.

That would be hilarious though. Do it!

Collin152
2008-09-21, 06:38 PM

Pretty much what we decided on.
We took the transcript of our discussion of what to do, and used it a a script.
Since it had no real ending that way, we had us all get killed off by the Death Note.

evisiron
2008-09-21, 07:19 PM

Blasted admin ninja's! And I thought my idea was so original too...

Unique
2008-09-21, 09:11 PM
No! You need to document the rise and fall of all who believe they can oppose me!

Collin152
2008-09-21, 09:14 PM
No! You need to document the rise and fall of all who believe they can oppose me!

Sorry, alea iacta est, and we've invested too much into it now to turn back.

Though if you know anything about the literary style used in the early colonial works of America...

Unique
2008-09-21, 09:50 PM
Sadly, not enough to help you.

Sam
2008-09-22, 01:12 AM
If I remember correctly, the early US didn't make alot of books- Washington Irving is probably the best you will get.