PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice.

EndlessWrath
2008-09-20, 11:50 PM
I'm gonna die tomorrow...... Thats what my character is saying.

My level 16 character is gonna 1v1 an epic level 25+ character... who's a big villain...

My friends would help..but do to the character... he wouldn't let that happen...

-summary/background
-My brother killed my clan.
-I've sworn oath of vengeance... and being neutral (not uncaring... but rather this viewpoint. I'm extremely focused on honor, but will do anything to justify the means..having no care for authority or law... and while I'm good hearted... I'll perform evil actions to finish the good results.
- He's declared Denshar... an honor duel with the man...to the death. He cannot run away..and he must solo the man..or be dishonored... IF a teammate assists.. I must kill him...and vice versa (applies to bad guy too).

I'll have to use buff spells... but then it gets to a point where we fight..and as long as he gets my hp low enough... even if i kill him... I'll die. See... I'm gonna have to use a spell that gives me +7 to defense/attack/reflex saves... +30 movement/ +8 jump and a few other things...but after the duration is over... I take 1d6/round it was active...

I've calculated the chances of survival... I have a 93.7% chance of dieing...
----------
onto the topic.
With zed knowledge I've talked with the DM... but he's gotten to a point where he's like "I'm not letting anyone reroll"...

He still wants me in the game...but will not use OOC to stop from killing me. The technique is the only way I'll be able to even fight him... as his ac is like... 30+.

What should i do? I'm already building a character sheet for next character...but I don't even know what I'm gonna do with it if i die 20 minutes into the 6 hour meeting tomorrow. (especially if he doesn't let me reroll)

please help me solve my dilemma

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-20, 11:58 PM
The way I be seein' 't, yer only option would be t' swashbuckle t' th' very end an' hope that either th' DM lets ye live somehow, or th' party brings ye back.

RTGoodman
2008-09-21, 12:00 AM
Well, some more info on your character build and, if possible, your foe's build (or, at least, class or something) would be great.

EndlessWrath
2008-09-21, 12:00 AM
The way I be seein' 't, yer only option would be t' swashbuckle t' th' very end an' hope that either th' DM lets ye live somehow, or th' party brings ye back.

oh thats one more thing I forgot to mention. I can't be brought back.. T_T

EDIT: sorry rtg... its not normal D&D.. its Nd20... which i doubt people on this forum play.

I'm a fighter/monkish character..who touch atk. the enemy has all the same techniques...just more powerful.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-21, 12:02 AM
And why exactly be that?

EndlessWrath
2008-09-21, 12:30 AM
And why exactly be that?

for one its in a different universe (sorry for not mentioning its Nd20... T_T).

I think there's one for eternal life where i must have like 300 people sell me their souls or something... but i dunno about revival...its basically impossible.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-21, 12:33 AM
Well then 't looks like yer only hope be t' rely on Plot Armor or offer a sacrifice t' th' dice gods.

Glyde
2008-09-21, 01:34 AM
Or you could die. It'd be an interesting plot device. If you happen to win, good on you. If not, look at it in the way that you just made the villain more menacing. Which can be a good thing.

only1doug
2008-09-21, 06:22 AM
I'll have to use buff spells... but then it gets to a point where we fight..and as long as he gets my hp low enough... even if i kill him... I'll die. See... I'm gonna have to use a spell that gives me +7 to defense/attack/reflex saves... +30 movement/ +8 jump and a few other things...but after the duration is over... I take 1d6/round it was active...

I've calculated the chances of survival... I have a 93.7% chance of dieing...

Plan 1: Ask the GM if he will allow the damage from the spell to be spread across multiple rounds also. so if the spell is active for 10 rounds you would then face 10 rounds of 1d6/rnd this would allow your friends to heal you (as the fight would be over by then) before you die. (unless the villain kills you, then your friends get to kill him right on back).

Plan 2: give the GM your 2nd character sheet and tell him that if you die this is your replacement, can he fit the replacement into the plot (a prisoner the BBEG was questioning maybe?)