PDA

View Full Version : Customizable Avatar thingie?

Weiser_Cain
2005-11-25, 06:16 PM
I just thought it'd be really nice to have customizable avatars.

The Prince of Cats
2005-11-25, 06:49 PM
In what way? You can already select an avatar from a URL, so you could have any 117x117 avatar you have permission to use.

Weiser_Cain
2005-11-26, 12:38 PM
I guess I was pretty vague, what I meant to type was it’d be nice if there was some sort of app built in that constructed OotS style characters by layering images on top of each other for or in addition to the standard avatars.

Don Beegles
2005-11-26, 09:20 PM
I realize this isn't technically on topic, but if someone PMs you a custom avatar, how do you use it?

LordMiritar
2005-11-27, 02:30 AM
If they PM'd a picture, you have two options:

A. IRght click the picture, select Properties and highlight the Adress (URL0 line. Copy it and paste it into the line fora custom avatar in your profile options. Be sure to check the box.

B. Right click the picture and save it onto your computer. Then go to www.tinypic.com and upload that picture and it will give you a adress (URL) link. Copy that into the custom picture line in your Profile options.

If they Pm'd you a link, just copy it into the line for custom avatars in your Profile options page.

Lothorus
2005-11-27, 03:14 AM

If they Pm'd you a link, just copy it into the line for custom avatars in your Profile options page.

Ah, but in this case be sure to ask if that's allright, first. It might be hosted on their own webspace, which they pay for. More often than not, as a courtesy, it's better to host things like this on your own webspace, or a third-party image host like the one Eye Tyrant mentioned.