PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] P-Bear stated out

newbDM
2008-09-21, 05:48 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/p-Bear.png

P-Bear

Gender/Race/Class(es): Male/Japanese Bear/Rogue 6 + Shadow dancer 4
Alignment/Size/Type/Subtype: CN/Medium Humanoid/magical beast (augmented animal)
Init: +1:
Senses: Listen +0, Spot +0
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling, Kobold, Gnome, Gnoll, Goblin, etc, etc, etc. (Basically all)
HP: 71hp (Bear HD: 3d8+6)(Awaken: 2d8+4)(6 Rogue HD)(4 Shadowdancer HD)
AC: 22 (+5 Dex, +2 natural +5 Amulet of Natural Armour), touch 15, flat-footed 17
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +9, Will +4
Speed: 40 ft
Base Atk: +6 Grp: +14
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Qualities: Darkvision, Low-light vision, scent
Class Features: Sneak attack +3d6, trap sense +1, Evasion, Uncanny dodge, Trap sense +2, Hide in plain sight, Shadow illusion, summon shadow, Shadow jump ∞ft (Note: Different from the Core rules.Rule 0!).
Melee: 2 claws +11 melee (1d6+4+5) and bite +6 melee (1d8+2+5)
Ranged: composite longbow (+3 strength) +8 (1d8+3/x3)
Atk Options:
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13(19 with ring), Con 15, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 16, Calm 16
Feats: Endurance, Run, Improved Grapple, Skill Focus: Hide, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Improved Natural Attack (Claws), Skill Focus: Move Silent, Skill Focus: Slight of Hand. Focus: Slight of Hand, Improved Natural Attack (Bite), Improved Natural Attack (Claws).
Skills: Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Disable Device +7, Escape Artist +16, Gather Information +9, Hide +33, Intimidate +8, Jump +13, Knowledge: (Halflings )+10, Knowledge: (Lolis) +12, Listen +14, Move Silent +18, Profession: (Ice Cream Cart driver/seller) +5, Use Rope +14, Spot +14, Search +8, Sense Motive +10, Slight of Hand +16, Tumble +15, Use Magic Device +8, Use Psionic Device +12.
Combat Gear: 4x Potion of Invisibility, 2x Potion of Invisibility Greater, 8x Drow Poison veils, Cloak of Shadow Greater (see DMG p.219. Rule 0!) (+15 Hide), Dorjes (Teleport, Psionic Greater) [x50 charges], Dorjes (Planeshift, Psionic) [x50 Charges].
Possessions: Bag of Holding IV, 20 Sacks, Silk Rope 200ft, Amulet of Might Fists (+5 to Natural Weapons) combined with Amulet of Natural Armor (+5 to Natural Armour), Ring of Dexterity (+6 Dex). Fishing pole+ carrot, candy.
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary (Unique)
Challenge Rating: 12
Advancement: 4-5 HD (Medium)
Level Adjustment: —
ECL: 15

Combat (Bear):

Black bears rip prey with their claws and teeth.
Skills

A black bear has a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks.

So, what do you all think?

Does anyone else have any stated out memes?

Note: This is meant to be a funny humorous NPC for PCs to chase around in a slapstick Scooby Doo style. He will enver actually catch one, just constantly try humorously followed by being chased around by the PCs (come on, he's a bear, people will be running and panicking in the cities and villages he pops in to).

AstralFire
2008-09-21, 06:23 AM
Mechanically, his currently listed type makes no sense - you cannot, in 3E, be both a magical beast and a humanoid. And medium is probably too large; he'd be more likely small or tiny.

And speaking more generally: ugh, 4Chan memes. Next person that says "I did it for the lulz" gets introduced to my beating stick.

Zeta Kai
2008-09-21, 10:00 AM
Yes, the cross between a Humanoid & a Magical Beast is most likely a Monstrous Humanoid. Also, is this from a 4chan meme? I'm not familiar with either.

Debihuman
2008-09-21, 11:18 AM
If he is an awakened creature he is a Magical Beast (Augmented Animal). If you added other templates, you should identify them.

"An awakened tree or animal can speak one language that you know, plus one additional language that you know per point of Intelligence bonus (if any). " Depending on who awakened him, he gets that number of languages.

If that messes with his background, and he spontaneously awoke, then he gets 1 language and 4 additional languages based on his Intelligence Modifier. If you want to give him more languages, then you should spend the skill points on them. It's one skill point per language that he knows.

If you are going to Rule 0 stuff at least explain how or why he gets a special dispensation from the rules. I don't care that he gets infinity shadow jump, but it would help if you would explain how or why.

Debby

Mr Pants
2008-09-21, 11:31 AM
Perhaps he should be able to infinite shadowstep only to a loli
"Which way to the loli? kthxbai brbloli"

newbDM
2008-09-21, 03:28 PM
Mechanically, his currently listed type makes no sense - you cannot, in 3E, be both a magical beast and a humanoid.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Yes, the cross between a Humanoid & a Magical Beast is most likely a Monstrous Humanoid.

I see. My bad. I am sorry for the mistake.

But which should I do? Keep it as an ordinary magical beast, or make it a monstrous humanoid?

I am always extremely confused when assigning types and subtypes. I believe the MM doesn't even cover that, but merely lists them. Can anyone give me some advice on dealing with them, or recommend a guide or something similar?

Also, does being a magical beast mean it can't walk as a bipedal?

And medium is probably too large; he'd be more likely small or tiny.

Very good point, but his size seems to differ between small child size through adult size quite often.

What does everyone else think his proper size should be?

Maybe I should also give him some Potions of Enlarge Person if I make him small or tiny sized, or give him some Potions of Reduce Person if he should stay medium sized?

And speaking more generally: ugh, 4Chan memes. Next person that says "I did it for the lulz" gets introduced to my beating stick.

I lol'd. :smallbiggrin:

If he is an awakened creature he is a Magical Beast (Augmented Animal). If you added other templates, you should identify them.

Yeah, again I messed up with the Type.

I guess the majority says Magical Beast, so I'll go with that. I would still appreciate some advice for assigning Types/Subtypes, though.

"An awakened tree or animal can speak one language that you know, plus one additional language that you know per point of Intelligence bonus (if any). " Depending on who awakened him, he gets that number of languages.

If that messes with his background, and he spontaneously awoke, then he gets 1 language and 4 additional languages based on his Intelligence Modifier. If you want to give him more languages, then you should spend the skill points on them. It's one skill point per language that he knows.

Thanks for catching that. I completely forgot about. I am now going to properly calculate his skill points, and assign him the proper number of languages.

edit:

On second thought, why not make it so he can not speak any language? I always did picture him as being mute, which I believe is part of his humor, appeal, and cuteness.

What if I put "None" or "???" next to the languages, meaning that he doesn't speak any languages, and give him an item of Comprehend Languages so he understand everything?

If you are going to Rule 0 stuff at least explain how or why he gets a special dispensation from the rules. I don't care that he gets infinity shadow jump, but it would help if you would explain how or why.

Debby

Sorry about that. You're definitely right. I should add such information whenever posting something online for review/critique.

I was planning to relate him to a group/force/mental connection/deity like entity/demiplane/template I put together last year called the "Anonymous Hive Mind" which spans with members/thralls across the multiverse (I can post it here on the Homebrew Board if anyone wants). I imagined that he would originally have been either an anomaly which "randomly" spewed out from it, a normal everyday bear which got affected by it (think B-Movie monsters created by a roach, mouse, etc touching some spilled toxic waste), or something the Hive Mind made "for the lulz" (sorry AstralFire...). Regardless of his actual origin (a possible adventure to figure out?), I envisioned that he would use the Hive Mind to "jump" around like a PC or NPC would use the Astral Plane to teleport.

Or, I am also considering using the Far Realm instead (just replace Anonymous Hive Mind with Far Realm in what I said above). In this case he would use the Far Realm as his shortcut plane/dimension/whatever it really to "jump" around.

Perhaps he should be able to infinite shadowstep only to a loli
"Which way to the loli? kthxbai brbloli"

Dude, that is a pretty good idea. However, I still need him to be able to comically escape from PCs after some chasing.

AstralFire
2008-09-21, 04:23 PM
Yes, the cross between a Humanoid & a Magical Beast is most likely a Monstrous Humanoid. Also, is this from a 4chan meme? I'm not familiar with either.

Yes. He is more widely known as 'Pedo Bear'.

Spiryt
2008-09-21, 05:23 PM
I've never was sure about it - is this pink thing supposed to be his tongue, or rather mouth opened in weird grimace?

Either way, it looks kinda unsetling.

Maerok
2008-09-21, 07:54 PM
This thread can only be cleansed by a tactical nuke. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: It has... an ECL!?!?! Hehehe.

StormingMarcus
2008-09-22, 01:23 PM
BTW, has anyone tought at a CareBears (Orsetti del cuore) d20 project?
It would be awesome!

newbDM
2008-09-22, 01:33 PM
BTW, has anyone tought at a CareBears (Orsetti del cuore) d20 project?
It would be awesome!

Check a few pages back to the Teddy Bears thread. :smallbiggrin:

This thread can only be cleansed by a tactical nuke. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: It has... an ECL!?!?! Hehehe.

Yup, however for that you'd need to give him back the normal Shadowjump rules (20ft if I recall).

Debihuman
2008-09-22, 07:42 PM
But which should I do? Keep it as an ordinary magical beast, or make it a monstrous humanoid?

Actually, I think it should be a Magical Beast. It started out as a Bear which is an animal. If you awaken it it becomes a Magical Beast (Augmented Bear).

You have to decide how you want to apply the template. If you want to recalcualte the hit dice you can; or you can use the template as is. Just let everyone know what you are doing.

Magical Beast Type
Magical beasts are similar to animals but can have Intelligence scores higher than 2. Magical beasts usually have supernatural or extraordinary abilities, but sometimes are merely bizarre in appearance or habits.

Features
A magical beast has the following features.

10-sided Hit Dice.
Base attack bonus equal to total Hit Dice (as fighter).
Good Fortitude and Reflex saves.
Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Traits
A magical beast possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
Proficient with its natural weapons only.
Proficient with no armor.
Magical beasts eat, sleep, and breathe.

Debby

Bandededed
2008-09-22, 08:00 PM
Next person that says "I did it for the lulz" gets introduced to my beating stick.

Are you kidding? Of course he did it for the lulz.

Anyway, I actually pictured pedo bear as being mute too - though he has some sort of universal sign language that everyone recognizes (i.e. Thumbs up = pedo bear approves). An item of comprehend languages would be a nice addition.

I agree with the magical beast thing, too. It also really should have it's HP and such changed to reflect this change.

And the effects of an "Amulet of Mighty Fists"? I thought those were fables... You should really switch that out for the effects of an "Amulet of Natural Attacks", which is an amulet of mighty fists, or it's older, cooler, brother that kicked it in the head when they were little.

Amulet of Natural Attacks (Savage Species):
Cost: 600 GP + (Enhancement bonus x Number of Nat. Weapons)

You enchant this item as if it were a weapon, and it confers that enchantment to a single natural weapon you posses. If you wish, you may have it confer that bonus to more than one of your natural weapons, but the cost for enchanting the weapon increases.

newbDM
2008-09-26, 08:13 AM
Actually, I think it should be a Magical Beast. It started out as a Bear which is an animal. If you awaken it it becomes a Magical Beast (Augmented Bear).

You have to decide how you want to apply the template. If you want to recalcualte the hit dice you can; or you can use the template as is. Just let everyone know what you are doing.

Magical Beast Type
Magical beasts are similar to animals but can have Intelligence scores higher than 2. Magical beasts usually have supernatural or extraordinary abilities, but sometimes are merely bizarre in appearance or habits.

Features
A magical beast has the following features.

10-sided Hit Dice.
Base attack bonus equal to total Hit Dice (as fighter).
Good Fortitude and Reflex saves.
Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die.

Traits
A magical beast possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
Proficient with its natural weapons only.
Proficient with no armor.
Magical beasts eat, sleep, and breathe.

Debby

Thank you for the information.

I am going to retouch him up, but I have a question. Do I have to recalculate all his HD, or only the bear ones?

Are you kidding? Of course he did it for the lulz.

Anyway, I actually pictured pedo bear as being mute too - though he has some sort of universal sign language that everyone recognizes (i.e. Thumbs up = pedo bear approves). An item of comprehend languages would be a nice addition.

I agree with the magical beast thing, too. It also really should have it's HP and such changed to reflect this change.

And the effects of an "Amulet of Mighty Fists"? I thought those were fables... You should really switch that out for the effects of an "Amulet of Natural Attacks", which is an amulet of mighty fists, or it's older, cooler, brother that kicked it in the head when they were little.

Amulet of Natural Attacks (Savage Species):
Cost: 600 GP + (Enhancement bonus x Number of Nat. Weapons)

You enchant this item as if it were a weapon, and it confers that enchantment to a single natural weapon you posses. If you wish, you may have it confer that bonus to more than one of your natural weapons, but the cost for enchanting the weapon increases.

Yeah, I guess I did do it for the LuLz. :smallbiggrin:

And I do know about the Amulet of Natural Attacks. I have used it on at least two characters that I remember off the top of my head.

I just didn't picture P-Bear with burning claws for some reason. Sort of out of his character or something I guess.

Debihuman
2008-09-26, 10:30 AM
Technically, you don't HAVE to recalculate the racial hit dice. He can get the template without changing hit dice IF you change his type to Magical Beast (Augmented Bear). The subtype Augmented means that you are keeping some of the original stats such as HD.

I am not sure what the stats are for a normal Japanese bear but he should have the same stats before you Awakened him.

I'm going to use a more standard stat block to help you out a bit. I noted that the HP were off 19.5+13+33+26=91

He starts out with a BAB +5 Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1 for being an awakened Japaneses bear but then you forgot to add the BAB and Saves for his rogue levels and Shadowdancer levels. I'm getting BAB +12, Fort +7 [and Con modifier], Ref +10 [plus Dex modifier] and Will +4 [plus Wis modifier]

Melee is BAB (12) + Str Modifier (4) + size modifer (0) and +5 for amulet.
Ranged weapon is BAB + Dex modifider + size modifier and +6 for ring

You had an ability that I didn't recognize Calm 16. What does that refer to? I took it out thinking it was Charisma 16 again but you should clarify it if it was something else.

Feats: You should identify the bonus feats. I think he has too many feats.
He gets 1 for hit first HD and one every 3 levels. I believe he should have 6 feats and whatever bonus feats you give him. Since I wasn't sure how you want to handle this: I'm just giving him 6 feats. He gets Endurance and Run from being a bear and the others I'm leaving up to you.

His skills need to be adjusted for his change in feats and from the various classes: 2x4+Int for his first HD plus 2+Int for being a Magical Beast [for the rest of his before becoming a rogue], then 8 + Int modifier for his rogue levels and 6 +Int modifier for his shadowdancer levels. Those are just the ranks in skills and then you have to modify them for his abilities.

Amulet of Natural Armor stacks with natural armor but doesn't count against touch AC.

Note: He cannot wear both amulets at the same time. He can either wear the amulet of natural armor OR he can wear the amulet of mighty fists. They take up the same body slot.

P-Bear
Medium Male Magical Beast (Awakened, Augmented Japanese Bear), Rogue 6, Shadowdancer 4
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (Japanese Bear) and 2d8+4 (Awakened) and 6d6+12 (Rogue) and 4d8+8 (Shadowdancer) (91 hp)
Initiative: + 7 (+1 Dex, +6 with Ring)
Speed: 40 ft.
Armor Class: 22 (+5 Dex, +2 natural + 5 Amulet of Natural Armor), Touch 20, Flat-footed 17
BAB/Grapple: +12/+16
Attack: Claw +1 melee (1d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 claws +16 melee (+21 melee with amulet) (1d6+9) and bite +11 melee (+16 melee with amulet) (1d8+7) or composite longbow (+3 strength) +13 ranged (+17 ranged with ring) (1d8+3/x3)
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +11 (+17 With Ring), Will +5
Space/Reach:5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak attack +3d6
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., evasion, hide in plain sight, improved uncanny dodge, low-light vision, scent, trap sense +2, shadow jump ∞ ft. [distance Rule 0!], summon shadow, uncanny dodge
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13 (19 with ring), Con 15, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 16
Feats: Endurance, Run +4 others
Skills: Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Disable Device +7, Escape Artist +16, Gather Information +9, Hide +33, Intimidate +8, Jump +13, Knowledge (Halflings ) +10, Knowledge (Lolis) +12, Listen +14, Move Silent +18, Profession (Ice Cream Cart driver/seller) +5, Use Rope +14, Spot +14, Search +8, Sense Motive +10, Sleight of Hand +16, Tumble +15, Use Magic Device +8, Use Psionic Device +12.
Combat Gear: 4x Potion of Invisibility, 2x Potion of Invisibility Greater, 8x Drow Poison veils, Cloak of Shadow Greater (see DMG p. 219. Rule 0!) (+15 Hide), Dorjes (Teleport, Psionic Greater) [x50 charges], Dorjes (Planeshift, Psionic) [x50 Charges].
Possessions: Bag of Holding IV, 20 Sacks, Silk Rope 200 ft., Amulet of Might Fists (+5 to Natural Weapons) combined with Amulet of Natural Armor (+5 to Natural Armour), Ring of Dexterity (+6 Dex), Fishing pole + carrot, candy.
Advancement: By Class

I hope this helps.

Debby

quick_comment
2009-01-11, 01:32 PM
Just so you know, was directed here from:
http://7chan.org/tg/res/618.html#740

OP of the thread: (As a preview)
Anon, if you were to make a /b/ and/or chan inspired D&D campaign setting how would you go about it.

cheers.

Myou
2009-01-11, 03:01 PM
Sir, you have cheapened these boards. D:

newbDM
2009-01-12, 08:55 PM
Sir, you have cheapened these boards. D:

Who, me?

I was sure the abyssal chickens were worse...

Just so you know, was directed here from:
http://7chan.org/tg/res/618.html#740

OP of the thread: (As a preview)
Anon, if you were to make a /b/ and/or chan inspired D&D campaign setting how would you go about it.

cheers.

LoL.

I need to check that thread again. I am surprised it is still up.

newbDM
2009-01-12, 08:57 PM
Technically, you don't HAVE to recalculate the racial hit dice. He can get the template without changing hit dice IF you change his type to Magical Beast (Augmented Bear). The subtype Augmented means that you are keeping some of the original stats such as HD.

I am not sure what the stats are for a normal Japanese bear but he should have the same stats before you Awakened him.

I'm going to use a more standard stat block to help you out a bit. I noted that the HP were off 19.5+13+33+26=91

He starts out with a BAB +5 Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1 for being an awakened Japaneses bear but then you forgot to add the BAB and Saves for his rogue levels and Shadowdancer levels. I'm getting BAB +12, Fort +7 [and Con modifier], Ref +10 [plus Dex modifier] and Will +4 [plus Wis modifier]

Melee is BAB (12) + Str Modifier (4) + size modifer (0) and +5 for amulet.
Ranged weapon is BAB + Dex modifider + size modifier and +6 for ring

You had an ability that I didn't recognize Calm 16. What does that refer to? I took it out thinking it was Charisma 16 again but you should clarify it if it was something else.

Feats: You should identify the bonus feats. I think he has too many feats.
He gets 1 for hit first HD and one every 3 levels. I believe he should have 6 feats and whatever bonus feats you give him. Since I wasn't sure how you want to handle this: I'm just giving him 6 feats. He gets Endurance and Run from being a bear and the others I'm leaving up to you.

His skills need to be adjusted for his change in feats and from the various classes: 2x4+Int for his first HD plus 2+Int for being a Magical Beast [for the rest of his before becoming a rogue], then 8 + Int modifier for his rogue levels and 6 +Int modifier for his shadowdancer levels. Those are just the ranks in skills and then you have to modify them for his abilities.

Amulet of Natural Armor stacks with natural armor but doesn't count against touch AC.

Note: He cannot wear both amulets at the same time. He can either wear the amulet of natural armor OR he can wear the amulet of mighty fists. They take up the same body slot.

P-Bear
Medium Male Magical Beast (Awakened, Augmented Japanese Bear), Rogue 6, Shadowdancer 4
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (Japanese Bear) and 2d8+4 (Awakened) and 6d6+12 (Rogue) and 4d8+8 (Shadowdancer) (91 hp)
Initiative: + 7 (+1 Dex, +6 with Ring)
Speed: 40 ft.
Armor Class: 22 (+5 Dex, +2 natural + 5 Amulet of Natural Armor), Touch 20, Flat-footed 17
BAB/Grapple: +12/+16
Attack: Claw +1 melee (1d6+9)
Full Attack: 2 claws +16 melee (+21 melee with amulet) (1d6+9) and bite +11 melee (+16 melee with amulet) (1d8+7) or composite longbow (+3 strength) +13 ranged (+17 ranged with ring) (1d8+3/x3)
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +11 (+17 With Ring), Will +5
Space/Reach:5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak attack +3d6
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., evasion, hide in plain sight, improved uncanny dodge, low-light vision, scent, trap sense +2, shadow jump ∞ ft. [distance Rule 0!], summon shadow, uncanny dodge
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13 (19 with ring), Con 15, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 16
Feats: Endurance, Run +4 others
Skills: Bluff +8, Diplomacy +8, Disable Device +7, Escape Artist +16, Gather Information +9, Hide +33, Intimidate +8, Jump +13, Knowledge (Halflings ) +10, Knowledge (Lolis) +12, Listen +14, Move Silent +18, Profession (Ice Cream Cart driver/seller) +5, Use Rope +14, Spot +14, Search +8, Sense Motive +10, Sleight of Hand +16, Tumble +15, Use Magic Device +8, Use Psionic Device +12.
Combat Gear: 4x Potion of Invisibility, 2x Potion of Invisibility Greater, 8x Drow Poison veils, Cloak of Shadow Greater (see DMG p. 219. Rule 0!) (+15 Hide), Dorjes (Teleport, Psionic Greater) [x50 charges], Dorjes (Planeshift, Psionic) [x50 Charges].
Possessions: Bag of Holding IV, 20 Sacks, Silk Rope 200 ft., Amulet of Might Fists (+5 to Natural Weapons) combined with Amulet of Natural Armor (+5 to Natural Armour), Ring of Dexterity (+6 Dex), Fishing pole + carrot, candy.
Advancement: By Class

I hope this helps.

Debby

Thank you so much Debi!

You are always such a great help to me on this forum. I truly appreciate it.

Canadian
2009-01-12, 09:01 PM
What about an attack bonus vs Salmon?

Does honey have a special effect?

Will he have to save vs hibernation when it gets cold?

Where do the teddy bears have their picnic?

Limos
2009-01-12, 10:57 PM
He should have no languages. Pedobear does not speak.

He should also get a +10 racial modifier to grapples against anything under 12 years of age. And once he grapples he should have a special ability that does something horrible and humiliating.

Meek
2009-01-13, 12:09 AM
And once he grapples he should have a special ability that does something horrible and humiliating.

Something horrible and humiliating from a random table.

The elder gamers would be proud.

newbDM
2009-01-18, 10:20 PM
Great ideas guys.

And I found a picture of P-Bear's fishing pole + carrot:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/579px-Pedobear_28.jpg

Also, does anyone know how Knowledge: (Halfling) would work?

newbDM
2009-01-18, 10:21 PM
What about an attack bonus vs Salmon?

Does honey have a special effect?

Will he have to save vs hibernation when it gets cold?

Where do the teddy bears have their picnic?

Umm........

newbDM
2009-01-18, 10:23 PM
He should have no languages. Pedobear does not speak.

He should also get a +10 racial modifier to grapples against anything under 12 years of age. And once he grapples he should have a special ability that does something horrible and humiliating.

Well, what about making it anything of small size or smaller?

Ascension
2009-01-19, 01:19 AM
I requested a Party Van Inevitable in the request thread a while back but never got any response...

imp_fireball
2009-01-19, 02:14 AM
I think all the joke npc stuff should be at GM discretion.

For languages, have Pedo Bear talk in rapid japanese, even if it doesn't suit the setting. ESPECIALLY if it doesn't suit the setting. It's a joke npc.

The orc barbarian tries to kill pedobear, he gets beheaded with a single kick. Pedo throws a thumbs up and then scampers away, slowly enough that you may chase after him, but just barely fast enough that you cannot touch him.

As for subtypes and overtypes, I always play by the rule that if it's not mentioned it can be applied. So if it's not mentioned that a magical beast has to be bipedal, make him bipedal. Give him INT, make him bipedal, give him speech. Sentience and similarity to an animal that exists (in the setting) does not have to = anthropomorphism. There's nothing in the books that say otherwise. Particularly for joke npcs, this can be mish mashed together and need not make much sense (ie. pedo bear could be the only black bear in an environment completely non-practical to black bears, and the only animal the PCs encounter that actually talks... in some strange fashion (rapid japanese)). Heck, you could make rapid japanese completely seperate from regular japanese (regular japanese has appropriate grammar, the kind you learn in school; rapid japanese = anime japanese, filled with internet meme slang and token mish-mash phrases that suit an anime tv series).

That's the rule, it's that simple.