PDA

View Full Version : Elementalist. A new base class

Frog Dragon
2008-09-21, 10:44 AM
This isn't completely ready yet (I still need to make spells and a couple of special abilities and right now I am completely out of ideas. I posted this here for comments and ideas. Have a look. Ill be doing spells when I figure out proper ones.
I hope you can make something out of those tables, but I didn't know any other proper way to transfer them form openoffice to this forum.
I was thinking the spellcasting could be mainly offensive.

Elementalist

The Elementalist is much like the druid exepct that The Elementalist draws her power for the elemental planes instead of nature. Elementalists aling themselves with one of the four classical elements and many spend time in the elemental planes they specialize in. They learn to deal with the residents of the elemental planes and have substantial knowledge of the elemental. Some Elementalist form organizations to guard portals to the elemental planes in order to prevent access to people with harmful intent.
Adventure
One can learn and experience only so much in the halls of a library and many are driven to adventure to find out more about the elemental planes. Many adventure to seek out threats against the elemental planes. And some are sent out to gather information by elementalist sects.
Characteristics
Elementalists cast spells much like clerics and druids, but draw power from the elemental instead.
Elementalists specialize in one element and have the ability to transform into a elemental of that type. The pinnacle of their power is in the form of an Greater Elemental where they are truly fearsome opponents. They harness the power of the elemental in many ways and they can imbue their attacks with elemental damage.
Alingment
Elementalists can be of any alingment though evil elementalist are rarer that good or neutral ones.
Evil elementalists often just harness the elemental power without actually protecting it. The same is sometimes true for neutral elementalists
Religion
Elementalists revere if not worship the elemental planes and many worship gods who represent particular elements.
Role
An elemetalists can use offensive and harmful spells on the enemies. She can also summon elementals and other beings to help the characters. One of her best abilities however is shapechanging. This way the Elementalist becomes a formidable physical combatant

Game rule information
Elementalists have the following game statistics
Abilities
Charisma determines how powerful spell an elementalist can cast and how hard those spells are to resist. To cast a spell an elementalist must have a charisma score of 10 + the spell's level. An elementalist gets bonus spells based on charisma. The DC of a saving throw against an elementalist spell is 10 + the spells level + the elementalists charisma modifier
Alingment: Any

Hit Die: D8

Elementalist

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Elemental Empathy. Expert of the Planes |3|-

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3| Elemental Pact I|3|1|-

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Elemental Attack Smite Elements|3|1|-|-

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Elemental Resistance|3|2|-|-|-

5th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Bonus Feat: Natural Spell |3|2|-|-|-|-

6th|
+4|
+2|
+2|
+5|Elemental Pact II|-4|2|0|-|-|-|

7th|
+5|
+2|
+2|
+5| Improved Elemental Attack|4|2|1|-|-|-|

8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+2|
+6|Elemental Pact III|4|3|2|-|-|-|-|

9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+3|
+6|Improved Elemental Resistance|4|3|2|0|-|-|-|

10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+3|
+7|Bonus Feat: Augment Summoning4|3|2|1|0|-|-|

11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+3|
+7|Elemental Pact IIII|5|3|2|2|1|-|-|

12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+4|
+8|Elemental Blast (Spell-like ability|5|4|2|2|1|0|-|

13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+4|
+8|Elemental Dance|5|4|3|2|1|1|-|

14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+4|
+9|Elemental Pact IIIII|5|4|3|2|1|1|0|

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+9|Bonus Feat|5|5|3|3|2|1|1|

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+10|Sneak attack 4d6 against extraplanar creatures|6|5|4|3|2|1|1|

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+10|Elemental Pact IIIIII|6|5|4|3|2|2|1|

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+6|[
Skills: Balance (Str), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escapecenter]+11[/center]|Improved Elemental Blast (Spell-like ability|6|5|4|3|3|2|2|

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+11|Bonus Feat|6|5|4|3|3|3|2|

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+6|
+12|Greater Elemental attack. Absolute Elemental resistance|6|5|4|4|4|3|3|[/table]

Class Skills
The elementalists class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concencentration(Con), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Use magic device (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Knowledge (arcana) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Bluff (Cha), Intimidate (Cha)
Skill points at first lvl 4+ int modifier x4
Skill points at each additional level 4 + int modifier

Class Features
Weapon and armor profiencies
An elementalist's are proficent with all simple and martial weapons. They are also proficient with any attack their elemental forms use. Elementalists are proficient with light and medium armor
They are also proficient with bucklers and light shields.

The Elementalist casts and prepares spells like the druid, but cannot use a spell slot to spontaneosly cast summon nature's ally. instead they can cast elemental summoning spells in this manner (see below

Spontaneous casting
An Elementalist can lose a spell of the same level to spontaneusly cast an elemental summoning spell.

Elemental Empathy (on lvl 1)
As druid's wild empathy except that it affects residents of the elemental planes instead of animals.

Expert of The Planes (on lvl 1)
You have great knowledge of the elemental planes
An elementalist gains a +2 bonus on Knowledge (The Planes) checks

+++
Elemental Pact
You aling youself with one of the elements and learn to turn into an elemental
At second level you get Elemental Pact which goes as follows.
At 2th level, an Elementalist gains the ability to turn herself into any elemental found in her pact for the level she is in and back again once per day. Her options for new forms include all elemental forms she has. This ability functions like the alternate form special ability, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 1 hour per elementalist level, or until she changes back. Changing form (to elemental or back) is a standard action and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity.

Any gear worn or carried by the elementalitt melds into the new form and becomes nonfunctional. When the druid reverts to her true form, any objects previously melded into the new form reappear in the same location on her body that they previously occupied and are once again functional. Any new items worn in the assumed form fall off and land at the druid's feet
Here's a link to the elemental forms the Elementalist can shapeshift into
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elemental.htm#airElemental

Elemental Pact I (on lvl 2)
You gain a +2 bonus when using your Elemental Empathy on residents of the Elemental Plane of the paxt you have chosen. You can cast the Pact spells of your chosen pact. You can shapeshift into a small Elemental of your pact twice per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability.

Elemental Pact II (On lvl 6)
You gain a +1 bonus when using your Elemental Empathy on residents of the Elemental Plane of the pact ypu have chosen (cumulative with the bonus in Elemental Pact I). You can shapeshift into a small Elemental of your pact thrice per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshiftThe ingame use is meant to be. Blast your enemies with the raw power of the elemental, then turn into one and beat the living abyss outta them. into a Medium Elemental of your pact Once per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability.

Elemental Pact III (on lvl 8)
You gain a +1 bonus when using your Elemental Empathy on residents of the Elemental Plane of the Pact you have chosen (cumulative with the bonus in Elemental Pact I and Elemental Pact II). You can shapeshift into a small Elemental of your pact four times per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a Medium Elemental of your pact twice per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability.

Elemental Pact IV (on lvl 11)
You gain a +1 bonus when using your Elemental Empathy on residents of the Elemental Plane of of your chosen pact (cumulative with the bonus in Elemental Pact I, Elemental Pact II and Elemental Pact III). You can shapeshift into a small Elemental of your pact four times per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a Medium Elemental of your pact thrice per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a large elemental of your pact once per day as if using the druids wildshape ability.

Elemental Pact V (on lvl 14)
You gain a +1 bonus when using your Elemental Empathy on residents of the Elemental Plane of your chosen pact (cumulative with the bonus in Elemental Pact I, Elemental Pact II, Elemental Pact III and Elemental pact IIII). You can shapeshift into a small Elemental of your pact five times per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a Medium Elemental of your pact four times per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a large elemental of your pact twice per day as if using the druid's wildshape
Skills: Balance (Str), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escapeability. You can shapeshift into a huge elemental of your chosen pact once per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability

Elemental Pact VI on (lvl 17)
You gain a +1 bonus when using your Elemental Empathy on residents of the Elemental Plane of your chosen pact (cumulative with the bonus in Elemental Pact I, Elemental Pact II, Elemental Pact III and Elemental pact IIII). You can shapeshift into a small Elemental of your pact four times per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a Medium Elemental of your pact four times per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a large elemental of your pact twice per day as if using the druids wildshape ability. You can shapeshift into a huge elemental of your chosen pact once per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability.: Exist comfortably in hot and cold environments.
You can shapeshift into a greater elemental of your chosen pact once per day as if using the druid's wildshape ability.
A table to make the pact thing clearer

Elemental attack (on lvl 3)
You control the elemental forces in a way that that you can strike with their power
You can imbue elemental damage of your chosen pact to yo
Skills: Balance (Str), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escapeur attack. You can do this three times per day for 3 points of elemental damage per use. If you miss your blow the use is wasted

Improved elemental attack (on lvl 7)
As elemental attack except that you can use it five times per day for five points of elemental damage per use.

Greater elemental attack (on lvl 20)
As elemental attack execot you can use it ten times per day for 12 points of elemental damage per
use

Elemental resistance (on lvl 4)
Through your control and knowledge of the elemental you learn how to protect yourself against them
You gain 5 points of DR against the elemental damge of your chosen pact.

Improved elemental resistance (on lvl 9)
You gain 5 more points of DR against the elemental damge of your chosen pact.

Absolute elemental resistance (on lvl 20)
You gain immunity against elemental damage of your chosen pact.
You gain immunity to against any elemental damage from nonmagical sources

Smite elements (on lvl 3)
As you aling yourself with one plane you study the weaknesses of another
Twice per day you can add your charisma modifier to damage against creatures of an elemental plane of your choosing.

Bonus Feat: Natural Spell (on lvl 5)
You learn to control your magic even in the form of an elemental
You gain Natural Spell as a bonus feat. If you already have Natural Spell then choose any other feat you meet the prequisites of.

Elemental Blast (on lvl 12)
You can draw on the elemental to shoot enemies with a blast of pure elemental power
Once per day you can shoot a blast that is a mixture of all the elements. It does 1d6 acid, cold, electricity and fire damege. Then an additional 1d6 for the elemental damage of your pact
(Reflex save for half damage) (the spell is counted as being spell lvl 2 spell)

Improved Elemental Blast (on lvl 18)
As Elemental blast except that you do 2d6 damge of each element and an additional 2d6 for the element of your pact
(Reflex save for half damage) (The spell is counted as being a spell lvl 5 spell)

Bonus Feat: Augment Summoning (on lvl 10)
You learn to bolster the elementals you summon to the field
You gain Augment Summoning as a bonus feat. If you already have Augment Summoning then choose any other feat you meet prequisites of.

Elemental Dance (on lvl 13)
There always seem to be little elementals, little fires and lightning bolts around you. This is extremely distracting to your enemies.
You are permanently under the effects of a blur spell

Sneak Attack (on lvl 16)
Your expertise of the planar leads you to know their weak spots.
You can deal 4d6 extra damage against any extraplanar creature that is not immune to critical hits. You only get this extra damage if the target cannot effectively protect themselves. (Via a flank for example)

will give some clue as to what purpose are they for) I am well aware by the way that about half of the spells aren't my inventions, but hey clerics and druids use mostly the same spells don't they?

LVL 0
Burn object: Slowly burns objects. (Cannot damage living creatures)
Create water: Creates two gallons of pure water.
Dancing Lights
Detect magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 feet
Detect planar presence: Detects any extraplanar presence within 60 feet
Elemental Bugger: The target cannot perform full actions for three rounds and must take a dc 8 concentration check in order to cast a spell.
Fist of Air: 1d6 electrical damage on a successful touch attack
Fist of Earth: 1d6 acid damage on a successful touch attack.
Fist of Flame: 1d6 fire damage on a successful touch attack.
Fist of Ice: 1d6 cold damage on a successful touch attack.
Freeze object: freezes any object. With a door or similar object it freezes shut.
Light: object shines like a torch

LVL 1
Arrow of Ice: d8+1 cold damage ranged touch attack.
Burning Hands
Curse of The Chill: reduces the targets Ref save by 3
Dust Storm: Everyone within a 60 foot cone is blinded for 1 round
Endure Elements
Elemental winds: You gain a 6+ deflection modifier against arrows for 1 round
Faerie Fire
Feather Fall
Flame Flash: You make a light singal that shows dozens of miles away
Flame Lash: Summons a whip (that does +1 fire dmg) you are automatically proficient with for 1min/lvl
Flare
Heat Ball you create a 40 foot ball (radius) that does 1d2 fire dmg to anyone within.
Kelgore's Fire Bolt (player's Handbook II)
Magic Stone
Shocking swing: Every creature within the range of a 30 ft cone suffers 1d3 electrical damage
Shillelagh
Summon monster I

LVL 2
Chill Metal
Continual Flame
Dimension Hop
Drifts of the Shalm (Player's Handbook II)
Energy Vulnerability (Player's Handbook II)
Electric Vengeance (Player's Handbook II)
Fatal Flame (Complete Scoundrel)
Fire Trap
Flame Blade
Flaming Sphere
Fog Cloud
Gust of wind
Heat Metal
Lesser energy Surge (Player's handbook II)
Melf's Acid Arrow
Pyrotechincs
Resist Energy
Scorching Ray
Smoke Stairs
Summon elemental: summons small elemental
Summon monster II
Whispering Wind

LVL 3
Daylight
Dimension Step
Diminish Plants
Energy Surge (Player's Handbook II)
Entangling Staff (Complete Adventurer
Explosive Runes
Fireball
Flame Arrow
Lightning Bolt
Plant Growth
Quench
Searing Light
Summon Monster III
Water Breathing

LVL 4
Bright Worms (Player's Handbook II)
Bubble of Air
Control Water
Dimensional Anchor
Dimension Door
Dismissal
Explosive Rune Field (Player's Handbook II)
Fire Shield
Flame Strike
Meteoric Strike
Spike Stones-
Summon Monster IIII
Thunder Field (Player's Handbook II)
Wall of Fire
Wall of Ice

LVL 5
Cloudkill
Cone of Cold
Control Winds
Dimension Shuffle (Player's handbook II)
Field of Resistance (Player's handbook II)-
Greater Electric Vengeance (Player's Handbook II)
Summon Monster IIIII
Transmute Mud to Rock
Transmute Rock to Mud
Wall of Stone
Wrack Earth (Player's Handbook II)

LVL 6
Control Weather
Delayed Blast Fireball
Earthquake
Greater Energy Surge (Player's Handbook II)
Fire Seeds
Flesh to Stone
Stone to Flesh
Summon Monster IIIIII
Sunbeam

Pact spells

Air
LVL 1
Air hole: Designate a spot within 100 ft. There appears a hole that pulls creatures into it. the hole pulls creatures from a 60 radius. Creatures take 1d6 dmg for every round they are adjacent to the hole. The hole persist for 3 rounds + 1 for every three caster lvl or until dispelled.

LVL 2
Call Lightning

LVL 3
Gaseous Form

LVL 4

LVL 5
Call Lightning Storm

LVL 6
Chain Lightning

Earth
LVL 1
Entangle

LVL 2
Soften Earth and Stone

LVL 3
Stone Shape

LVL 4
Call of Stone (Player's Handbook II)

LVL 5

LVL 6
Bones of the Earth (Player's Handbook II)

Fire

LVL 1
Burning Rage (Player's handbook II)

LVL 2

LVL 3

LVL 4
Channeled Pyroburst (Player's Handbook II)

LVL 5

LVL 6

Water

LVL 1

LVL 2

LVL 3

LVL 4

LVL 5

LVL 6
As the Frost (Player's Handbook II)

Frog Dragon
2008-09-22, 10:09 PM
Don't tell me this has absolutely no flaws apart from some spells missing?

Frog Dragon
2008-09-24, 01:29 PM
yello Doesn't anyone have anything to say about my class?

vegetalss4
2008-09-24, 01:44 PM
would you please use tables that actuly can be made out?

Yakk
2008-09-24, 02:23 PM
You need to spellcheck and wordsmith it. It is rather hard to understand.

Look at the top of this forum for the homebrew tables, and build a class table, so the progression of the class can be understood.

In the description of the abilities, include the level you get them.

I'm a bit concerned about being able to shapeshift into elementals at low levels.

Building a spellcasting class with a brand new spell list is ... often overkill. Note which spells are new, and which ones are taken from other classes.

The online d20 srd might be of use. Instead of saying "like the druid", go there, get the srd text, and rewrite it to be the same form for your class.

You have a handful of dead levels.

Frog Dragon
2008-09-24, 11:28 PM
Yeah. I'm aware of my dead lvls (three to be precise, but I have a hard time thinking anything new). And the tables? Well I couldn't make a table into this forum and neither I could copy the entire table form open office. Yeah I'll clear the tables once i find out how to do it. The elementals. Well I tried to balance it some even before i put it here. (It first had the ability to go elder elemental, but I kicked that figuring it was way too powerful.)
I don't think the elemental shapeshifting is that bad. Small elementals aren't that powerful.
And the spells hokey:

Elementalist spells.

LVL0
From another class
Create Water
Detect magic
Light

From my brain
Burn object
Detect elemental presence
Elemental bugger
Freesze object
Fist of Air
Fist of Earth
Fist of Flame
Fist of Ice

Lvl1
From another class
Burning hands
Endure elements
Entangle
Summon monster I

From my brain
Air hole
Arrow of Ice
Curse of The Chill
Dust storm
Elemental winds
Flame Flash
Flame lash
Heat ball
Shocking swing

LVL2
From another class
Continual Flame
Fog Cloud
Gust of wind:
Melf's Acid Arrow
Pyrotechincs
Summon monster II

From my brain
Lightning summons

Yakk
2008-09-25, 09:22 AM
There is a guide to homebrewing stickied at the top of this forum. In it it gives you the exact method to make tables in this forum.

I find that polymorph powers (ie, get the powers of creature X) are fraught with balance problems. It might be far easier to keep balance if you detailed the powers you gained explicitly. But that is just my opinion.

At the very least, include a link to the creature you can polymorph into so others don't have to search it out.

Frog Dragon
2008-09-27, 05:45 AM
I filled out the dead lvl:s (yes I admit bonus feat is rather unoriginal)

Now comes the descriptions for the spells

Air Hole
Evocation [Air]
Level: Ele 1
Components: V,S,DF
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: 100ft + 5 ft per lvl
Target: A spot in the ground/air
Effect: Creates a hole in the air that sucks stuff within a 60 feet circle in.
Duration: 3 rounds + 1 for every 3 caster levels
Saving throw: None
Spell Resistance No

This spell creates a hole in the air that sucks every thing be it an object or a living being. Beings that are capable action are also capable of resisting the pull.
Huge and larger creatures cannot be pulled. They are simply too big.

When in the area of effect you must succeed on a dc 10+ spells lvl + caster lvl strength check every turn or be sucked 10 feet towards the center of the spell with no ability to move. if you succeed by 4 or less you are sucked but you can still move normally. If you succeed by 5 or more you ingore the effects of the air hole for that round alltogether. You get a +4 bonus to the check if you are large and -4 for each size category you are below medium size. incorporeal creatures cannot be pulled as they don't have a body that could be affected. if you're adjacent to the hole you take 1d6 damage every round.

Arrow of Ice
Evocation [Cold]
Level Ele 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range 300 Ft + 30 per lvl
Target: A single creature/object
Effect: The target suffers 1d8+1 cold damage
Saving throw: Reflex negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell creates an icy bolt of pure cold that the caster blasts from his/her hands
This is treated as a ranged touch attack.

Material component: A small crystal

Burning Hands
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Fire 1, Sor/Wiz 1, Ele 1
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 15 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped burst
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Reflex half

A cone of searing flame shoots from your fingertips. Any creature in the area of the flames takes 1d4 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d4). Flammable materials burn if the flames touch them. A character can extinguish burning items as a full-round action.

Burn Object
Evocation [Fire]
Level Ele 0
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 Standard action
Range Cloes (25 ft. + ft./2 levels)e
Effect Slowly burns an inanimate object
Duration: 1 Min per caster level or until object is burnt out
Saving throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This Spell slowly burn any flammable object. It cannot harm living beings or animated objects. It can only sear away at flammable objects causing no harm to anything other that the specified object

Note: The spell burns objects very slowly so burning say a wooden house is pretty much impossible using the spell

Create Water
Conjuration (Creation) [Water]
Level: Clr 0, Drd 0, Pal 1 Ele 0
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Up to 2 gallons of water/level
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None

This spell generates wholesome, drinkable water, just like clean rain water. Water can be created in an area as small as will actually contain the liquid, or in an area three times as large—possibly creating a downpour or filling many small receptacles.

Note: Conjuration spells can’t create substances or objects within a creature. Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of water contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds.

Continual flame
Evocation [Light]
Level: Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 2, Ele 2
Range: Touch
Target: Object touched
Effect: Magical, heatless flame
Duration: Permanent

A flame, equivalent in brightness to a torch, springs forth from an object that you touch. The effect looks like a regular flame, but it creates no heat and doesn’t use oxygen. A continual flame can be covered and hidden but not smothered or quenched.

Light spells counter and dispel darkness spells of an equal or lower level.
Material Component

You sprinkle ruby dust (worth 50 gp) on the item that is to carry the flame.

Curse of the Chill
Necromancy [Cold]
Components: V, DF
Casting Time: 1 Standard action
Range: 50 Ft + 5 ft for every caster level
Target: One creature
Effect: Target loses 3 from its ref save and 1 from its dexterity score
Duration: 4 rounds + 1 for every 3 caster lvl:s
Saving throw: Fortitude negates

This spell marks one target, stiffing him/her and his/her reflexes leaving him/her an easy target for missiles

Detect Magic
Divination
Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Range: 60 ft.
Area: Cone-shaped emanation
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D)

You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.
1st Round

Presence or absence of magical auras.
2nd Round

Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.
3rd Round

The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
Aura Strength
Spell or Object Aura Power
................................................Fa int.............Moderate........Strong....Overwhel ming
Functioning spell (spell level)..3rd or lower.....4th-6t...........7th-9th..........10th+ (deity-level)
Magic item (caster level).........5th or lower.......6th-11th....12th-20th..... 21st+ (artifact)

An aura’s power depends on a spell’s functioning spell level or an item’s caster level. If an aura falls into more than one category, detect magic indicates the stronger of the two.

A magical aura lingers after its original source dissipates (in the case of a spell) or is destroyed (in the case of a magic item). If detect magic is cast and directed at such a location, the spell indicates an aura strength of dim (even weaker than ae faint aura). How long the aura lingers at this dim level depends on its original power:

Original Strength Duration of Lingering Aura
Faint..........................1d6 rounds
Moderate..................1d6 minutes
Strong......................1d6×10 minutes
Overwhelming...........1d6 days

Outsiders and elementals are not magical in themselves, but if they are summoned, the conjuration spell registers.

Each round, you can turn to detect magic in a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

Detect magic can be made permanent with a permanency spell.

Detect Planar presence
Divination
Level: Brd 0, Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Range: 60 ft.
Area: cone-shaped emanation
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 min./level (D)

You detect planar auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.
1st Round

Presence or absence of planar auras.
2nd Round

Number of different Planar auras and the power of the most potent aura.
3rd Round

The strength and location of each aura. If creatures bearing the auras are within a 120 foot radius, you can make knowledge planes skill checks to determine the subtype involved in each. The DC is 15 + half the creatures HD

Somehow alinged areas, multiple types of presences, or strong local emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
Aura Strength
creature or Object Aura Power
................................................Fa int.............Moderate........Strong....Overwhel ming
Present creature HD ..3thd or lower.....4th-9th.........10th-17th..........18+

A plaanr aura lingers after its original source is no longer there If detect planar presence is cast and directed at such a location, the spell indicates an aura strength of dim (even weaker than a faint aura). How long the aura lingers at this dim level depends on its original power:

Original Strength Duration of Lingering Aura
Faint..........................1d3 rounds
Moderate..................1d2 minutes
Strong......................1d2 hours
Overwhelming...........1d2 days

Each round, you can turn to detect magic in a new area. The spell can penetrate barriers, but 2 feet of stone, 3 inches of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 6 feet of wood or dirt blocks it.

A detect planar presence spell can be made permanent with a permanency spell

Dust Storm
Evocation [Earth]
Range: 60 ft
Effect: You spout small rocks, dust and sand at high velocitoty
Duration: 1 round
Saving Throw: Reflex negates

You spout sand, dust and small stones from your hands, blinding everyone within the area for a couple of seconds. Generally as long as it takes to clean your eyes from a mountain of sand.
The material component is a handful of sand

vicente408
2008-09-27, 11:12 AM
Nitpick: Please use proper roman numerals for the Elemental Pacts. They should be as follows:

Elemental Pact I
Elemental Pact II
Elemental Pact III
Elemental Pact IV
Elemental Pact V
Elemental Pact VI

Zeta Kai
2008-09-27, 09:09 PM
Nitpick: Please use proper roman numerals for the Elemental Pacts. They should be as follows:

Elemental Pact I
Elemental Pact II
Elemental Pact III
Elemental Pact IV
Elemental Pact V
Elemental Pact VI

QFT. Blah, blah...

Frog Dragon
2008-09-29, 06:50 AM
I've started doing some spell descriptions here. It need four more levels of spells an it also needs some more spells into the original list, but I'll try to churn some out. (if anyone has ideas for spells, please tell me:))