PDA

View Full Version : 4e starting gold question

roulette
2008-09-21, 08:47 PM
I'm running my first campaign and I have not been able to find starting gold in any of the books. Does anyone know what starting gold for level one characters is?

Zocelot
2008-09-21, 08:49 PM
100 gp. It's on the first page of the Equipment section.

Colmarr
2008-09-21, 09:01 PM
A slightly related question.

Was the question of whether Wizards and Priests get their spellbook/ritual book for free ever satisfactorily resolved?

It's particularly important for clerics who also need to shell out for their armour.

RTGoodman
2008-09-21, 09:36 PM
A slightly related question.

Was the question of whether Wizards and Priests get their spellbook/ritual book for free ever satisfactorily resolved?

It's particularly important for clerics who also need to shell out for their armour.

Reading the Cleric entry in the PHB, it says

Ritual Casting
You gain the Ritual Caster feat (pg. 200) as a bonus feat, allowing you to use magical rituals (see Chapter 10). You possess a ritual book, and it contains two rituals you have mastered: the Gentle Repose ritual and one other 1st-level ritual of your choice.

Just from that, I'd say it's a freebie.

And because someone will probably ask anyway, a character that starts at a level higher than 1st begins with one item of his level + 1, one item of his level, and one item of his level - 1, along with additional gp equal to an item of your level - 1.

Charity
2008-09-22, 02:04 AM
Can I just point folks here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83321&page=17) for all their simple question needs.