PDA

View Full Version : [3.5][PrC] The Blood Warrior

Vaynor
2008-09-22, 01:30 AM
Blood Warrior

Some acquire an unnatural taste for blood. Over time, this obsession grows into an affinity. Warriors with extraordinary powers over blood, known as blood warriors, seek out violence at any cost, if only to revel in the spilling of blood.

HD: d10

Requirements:
Alignment: Any chaotic non-good
Skills: Knowledge (blood) 8 ranks
Feats: Endurance, Improved Critical (any)

Class Skills (2+Int modifier per level): Bluff, Climb, Craft, Gather Information, Intimidate, Heal, Jump, Knowledge (blood), Listen, Profession, Ride, Search, Survival, Swim

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A blood warrior gains no proficiencies with weapons or armor.

Level
Base Attack Bonus
Fort Save
Ref Save
Will Save
Special

1st

+1

+2

+0

+0
Powerful Heart

2nd

+2

+3

+0

+0
Bloody Precision

3rd

+3

+3

+1

+1
Powerful Body +2

4th

+4

+4

+1

+1
Bloody Devastation

5th

+5

+4

+1

+1
Powerful Body +4

6th

+6

+5

+2

+2
Powerful Blood

7th

+7

+5

+2

+2
Powerful Body +6

8th

+8

+6

+2

+2
Bloody Minion

9th

+9

+6

+3

+3
Powerful Body +8

10th

+10

+7

+3

+3
Control Blood

Powerful Heart
The blood warrior’s body is changed in a way that increases his endurance. The blood warrior’s heart enlarges, and he can no longer become exhausted or fatigued.

Bloody Precision:
The blood warrior knows exactly how to hit a target where it will do the most damage. Any weapon that the blood warrior has taken the Improved Critical feat for has its critical multiplier increased by 1. For example, a weapon with a critical multiplier of x3 becomes a weapon with a critical multiplier of x4 in the hands of a blood warrior.

Powerful Body:
A blood warrior’s body changes further, increasing health. The blood warrior’s arteries thicken and widen, and his blood becomes more dense. The blood warrior gains +2 natural armor (this stacks with any other natural armor increase or racial effect). This increases by 2 every two levels, to a maximum of +8 at level 9.

Bloody Devastation:
The blood warrior becomes increasingly adept at striking vital spots in his opponent’s anatomies.

Any weapon with which the blood warrior has taken the Improved Critical feat for is treated as having its critical threat range doubled when in the hands of the blood warrior. This effect stacks with the effects of the Improved Critical feat, but not with any other effects that increase the critical threat range.

Although it stacks, the amount it increases is not double that of the critical threat range after applying the Improved Critical feat, but of the original weapon. Thus, a weapon with a natural critical threat range of 19-20 would receive an increase of 2 in addition to the increase of 2 from the Improved Critical feat, resulting in a final critical threat range of 15-20.

Powerful Blood:
The blood warrior’s blood volume increases greatly, and the nature of the blood warrior’s blood is improved. The blood warrior gains the effects of fast healing, healing 1 hit point per round per two blood warrior class levels (to a maximum of 5 per round at level 10). If the blood warrior already possesses a fast healing ability, use the more effective one.

Bloody Minion:
Whenever something is killed by a blood warrior’s critical strike, its blood rises as a mass in the next round, and can immediately attack the blood warrior’s foes. The blood acts as a water elemental the same size category as the creature slain (to a maximum of huge; if the target was gargantuan, treat the minion as a greater elemental; if colossal, treat the minion as an elder elemental).

Control of the minion is a swift action, and a simple instruction can be given once per round (such as “attack my enemies,” or “defend me”). The minion dissipates after 2d6 rounds. To rise as a bloody minion, the slain creature must have possessed blood in life.

The blood warrior may only have one bloody minion active at any given time, but may terminate any current minion as a free action when a larger foe’s blood becomes available.

Control Blood:
The blood warrior gains mastery over blood in all shape and form. Once per day, a blood warrior may attempt a single touch attack on a target that possesses blood. The target must succeed on a Fortitude save equal to DC 10 + blood warrior class level. If the save is failed, the target’s blood erupts out of his body, causing immediate death.

If the touch attack misses, the attempt is not used, and can be used repeatedly until the touch attack is successful, but cannot be used again even if the attack fails.

Any creature killed in this manner immediately becomes a bloody minion one size category larger than its body (to a maximum of huge size; if the target was huge, treat it as a greater elemental; if gargantuan, treat the minion as an elder elemental; if colossal, treat the minion as an elder elemental with 4 additional HD), and lasts twice as long as normal (4d6 rounds).

Items

Blood Stealing Blade: Upon scoring a critical hit, blood is taken from the target causing the blood stealing blade to cause additional critical damage. A blood stealing weapon deals an extra 1d10 points of damage on a successful critical hit. If the weapon’s critical multiplier is ×3, add an extra 2d10 points of damage instead, if the multiplier is ×4, add an extra 3d10 points of damage, and if the multiplier is x5, add an extra 4d10 points of damage.

After determining the amount of extra damage the blood stealing weapon causes, the damage is added to the wielders health in the form of temporary hit points. These extra hit points last for 1 minute. Every additional application of temporary hit points stacks but the time for each is kept track of separately. This property can only be placed on a bladed weapon.
Moderate conjuration; CL 8; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, inflict serious wounds; Price + 2 bonus

Icewalker
2008-09-22, 01:37 AM
...why all the blood classes all of a sudden? This is the third I've seen in quite a short time.

Good though, I like it. Themewise seems like it'd have a bigger HD.

As to the balance, it looks good, but might even be a little underpowered.

Vaynor
2008-09-22, 01:47 AM
...why all the blood classes all of a sudden? This is the third I've seen in quite a short time.

Good though, I like it. Themewise seems like it'd have a bigger HD.

As to the balance, it looks good, but might even be a little underpowered.

I've been thinking about making this for some time now, I just got around to it tonight. *shrug*

I was debating between a d8 and a d10, and I figured I'd change it to suit how overpowered/underpowered the class was. It's not meant to be terribly overpowered, but I think I'll bump it up to a d10 regardless, I think it suits the warrior theme slightly better.

Zeta Kai
2008-09-22, 05:57 AM

Yes, I've noticed that, too. It must be the monthly theme. Last month's was lycanthropes & homebrew RPG's. The month before was campaign settings & outsiders. Look for inevitables in the future.

Back on-topic. This looks pretty good. I would make it HD = d10, & I'd add 2 skill points per level. Other than that, rather nice.

SilentNight
2008-09-22, 08:47 AM
Yes, I've noticed that, too. It must be the monthly theme. Last month's was lycanthropes & homebrew RPG's. The month before was campaign settings & outsiders. Look for inevitables in the future.

Back on-topic. This looks pretty good. I would make it HD = d10, & I'd add 2 skill points per level. Other than that, rather nice.

Ditto for me. Powerful blood should be fast healing, not regeneration, you have no way listed to bypass it.

Vaynor
2008-09-22, 08:53 AM
Ditto for me. Powerful blood should be fast healing, not regeneration, you have no way listed to bypass it.

Oh, woops. Meant to put fast healing. Changing it now.