PDA

View Full Version : The boat is going to sink anyway...

Ancalagon
2008-09-22, 06:48 AM
... no matter what Elan decides and does.

Look at the boat, as it looks now it WILL sink quickly, too much water already in it. And Mr. I-wear-Armour still could drown - on the other hand... we are too far away from #600 for that. ;)

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-22, 06:57 AM

Look at the boat, as it looks now it WILL sink quickly, too much water already in it. And Mr. I-wear-Armour still could drown - on the other hand... we are too far away from #600 for that. ;)Never underestimate Rich's ability to switch to a different plotline! The numbers will match. (Can you tell I want the Order together again?:smallwink:)

DigoDragon
2008-09-22, 08:03 AM

I agree...

I was thinking that it would play out like the end of "Batman Begins". Basically Elan deciding that he will not kill Kubota, but he won't be helping him either. :smallamused: Because really I feel that Kubota has reached the end of his usefulness in this plotline.

Niknokitueu
2008-09-22, 08:04 AM
Look at the boat, as it looks now it WILL sink quickly, too much water already in it.
Um, note that for nearly the whole script the boat does not ship any water at all.

Besides talking being a 'free action', it seems that the boat will sink 'at the speed of plot', which gives Lord Kubota plenty of time...

Besides, too much of an opportunity for Elan to have to save Kubota's butt and have a panel with Elan pulling Kubota along saying something like '...and your armour isn't helping any, either...'

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

Niley
2008-09-22, 08:54 AM
I agree...

I was thinking that it would play out like the end of "Batman Begins". Basically Elan deciding that he will not kill Kubota, but he won't be helping him either. :smallamused: Because really I feel that Kubota has reached the end of his usefulness in this plotline.

I totally agree.

mockingbyrd7
2008-09-22, 09:08 AM
I agree with you guys. I was thinking "Nale Hanging off the Bridge" part two.

In strip 64, Elan debated heavily whether or not to save Nale, then decided to rescue his dangling brother.

I think this time Kubota's going to say, "Help me out of this armor." Elan says, "Do it yourself."

It would mark the transformation of the character somewhat from an innocent, naive, happy-go-lucky bard to a somewhat-innocent, experienced but still naive, happy-go-lucky dashing swordsman. :smallbiggrin:

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-22, 09:13 AM
I agree with you guys. I was thinking "Nale Hanging off the Bridge" part two.

In strip 64, Elan debated heavily whether or not to save Nale, then decided to rescue his dangling brother.

I think this time Kubota's going to say, "Help me out of this armor." Elan says, "Do it yourself."

It would mark the transformation of the character somewhat from an innocent, naive, happy-go-lucky bard to a somewhat-innocent, experienced but still naive, happy-go-lucky dashing swordsman. :smallbiggrin:As much as I want Kubota dead, I have to wonder if this is one of these situations (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0399.html) all over again. If anyone would have enough money for a cleric to prep True Resurrection and scry, just in case, it would be the noble who can afford multiple doses of Black Lotus Extract. Killing him may be a bad idea.

Shatteredtower
2008-09-22, 09:54 AM
Look at the boat, as it looks now it WILL sink quickly, too much water already in it.

A fully swamped rowboat of that size is capable of keeping close to a dozen passengers afloat, provided they balance their weight out along the boat's length properly and the boat isn't jostled too heavily.

King of Nowhere
2008-09-22, 10:29 AM
If anyone would have enough money for a cleric to prep True Resurrection and scry, just in case, it would be the noble who can afford multiple doses of Black Lotus Extract. Killing him may be a bad idea.
There aren't that many 17th level clerics in the world. Azure city was a city of half a million people, and apparently the most powerful character in here was 15-16th level (Miko). The 12 gods high priest was probably close to Redcloak, then there were Tsukiko (around 13th level), Hinjo and O-Chul (11-12th level), and as far as we know no one else above level 10. It's extremely unlikely to find a 17th level cleric.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-22, 10:33 AM
I'm just saying that, again, killing him may only bring him back.

Someone crack out the Flesh to Stone. :smallannoyed:

MyrddinDerwydd
2008-09-22, 11:09 AM
'at the speed of plot'

I love this. This is permanently my new time zone.

d'Bwobsling
2008-09-22, 02:09 PM
I'm just saying that, again, killing him may only bring him back.

Someone crack out the Flesh to Stone. :smallannoyed:

They allready did

Linkavitch
2008-09-22, 04:28 PM
I agree...

This guy has somethin' going. Elan should make Kubota row the boat back too. . .

Impikmin
2008-09-22, 09:30 PM
Lol it's so funny to see old theories that insult bards and plot that are completely proved wrong.