PDA

View Full Version : Black Iron Prison: The WW Game - Recruitment Thread

Vampiric
2008-09-22, 08:53 AM
The Black Iron Prison: A Philip K. **** themed WW

Narrator: Vampiric

Co-narrators: Andre Fairchilde and Shadowcaller

The Rhipidon Society.

A group of free thinkers and 'revolutionaries' who see the lies the government tries to fool the citizens of the state with, the corruption in the officials, the disrepair of the nation and the pervasion of substance D throughout all the classes.

What to do? What you do best - organised, peaceful revolution.

The question is, who among you is leading, and who is actually trying to derail this protest?

Roles:

Rhipidon Society (villagers):

Horselover Fat (valis) - Mason Alpha - Hiding amongst his fellow societal members, Horselover scries as villager. - can choose his masons.

Agent Fred (a scanner darkly) - Seer - Undercover agent who uses his position within the agency to watch someone and find out their true identity during the nights.

VALIS (valis) - Baner - The satellite that is part of a huge network and knows everything, including how to save someone from certain death.

Jerry Fabin (a scanner darkly) - Fool - Death addict who managed to tag along with the crowd, and mistakenly believes he has the same role as Agent Fred.

Substance D Dealers (wolves):

Donna Hawthorne (a scanner darkly) - Alpha - Apparently a Substance D addict, but actually an undercover agent, like Arctor. - can choose her agents and dealers.

Bob Arctor (a scanner darkly) - Devil - Agent Fred's Substance D-induced alter ego - Gains information through Agent Fred's position.

Agent Fred, Jerry Fabin, VALIS and Bob Arctor are blind.

Rules are as per normal WW games (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4560513&postcount=1).
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

This game has a maximum of 40 players - when we hit that maximum, I, Andre or Shadowcaller can call a stop to recruitment. If you get a post in first, or make a particularly convincing argument, I might let you in on top of the max. There won't be any auto-lynchee-replacement in this game.

Any questions, post here, or PM the narrators.

EDIT: Recruitment ends on 5th Oct, 5pm GMT.

Game starts 5th Oct. in a new thread.

Players: 27/40
{table] #|Player
1|Zar Peter
2|Fleeing Coward
3|Reinholdt
4|Freshmeat_
4|EvilDMMk3
5|Murska
6|Griever
7|Emperor Demonking
8|Fin
9|Mordokai
10|Eaglewiz
11|Mustiado
12|Kaboose
13|Jontom Xire
14|iceddragons
15|Lex-kat
16|Istari
17|deathslayer7
18|dragonprime
19|Aemoh
20|Banjo1985
21|Shades of gray
22|vegetalss4
23|David94
24|hap_hazard
25|Recaiden
26|Hero 1.0
27|xNadia[/table]

Zar Peter
2008-09-22, 08:56 AM
I'm the first, aren't I?

IN!

Fleeing Coward
2008-09-22, 08:58 AM
Count me in please

Reinholdt
2008-09-22, 09:12 AM
I'll be in.

Freshmeat
2008-09-22, 09:14 AM
Count me in.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-09-22, 09:45 AM
BOO!

Also, can I haz an in please.

Murska
2008-09-22, 09:48 AM
I'm going to be in.

Griever
2008-09-22, 10:06 AM
I'm only King in Ultimate Greed, participating in AC3, fighting through YOW3, soon to be in Mafia and maybe a few others I've forgotten...

In!

Emperor Demonking
2008-09-22, 10:08 AM
Sign me up.

Fin
2008-09-22, 11:27 AM
In, with Cake!

Wait this is prison? Is cake contraband!?

Evil DM Mark3
2008-09-22, 11:36 AM
In, with Cake!

Wait this is prison? Is cake contraband!?

The going rate is 3 slices cake = 18 cigarettes = 1 adult magazine = 1 half bottle of fermented orange juice.

Vampiric
2008-09-22, 12:01 PM
Cake isn't contraband - what you put in it might be, though...

And if you get caught with a file in that cake... well, let's just say good luck using your teeth to hold it....

And you don't want to know what happens if you get caught on a Wednesday...

Murska
2008-09-22, 01:28 PM
I'm only King in Ultimate Greed, participating in AC3, fighting through YOW3, soon to be in Mafia and maybe a few others I've forgotten...

In!

Well what about Classic, Pirates, AC, Mafia, Kaos, Monty and Rome? :smallwink:

Mordokai
2008-09-22, 01:58 PM

In!

Another madman! :smalleek: This is getting out of hands!

IN!

Reinholdt
2008-09-22, 02:00 PM
We're not madmen. We're just sanity challenged. :smallwink:

V Quiet you! I'm under control for now.

Mordokai
2008-09-22, 02:05 PM
You should know :smallbiggrin:

EagleWiz
2008-09-22, 02:59 PM
Ill join in.

Mustiado
2008-09-22, 03:15 PM
Let's Dooo eeet!

Kaboose
2008-09-23, 12:17 AM
In... Like a fox!

Jontom Xire
2008-09-23, 08:01 AM
In, and you need to get this thread moved to structured games. Try PMing the mods. It usually works for me.

Hyozo
2008-09-24, 11:04 AM
I may be completely new to WW games, but I'm in.

Lex-Kat
2008-09-24, 06:35 PM
May I join in?

Istari
2008-09-24, 06:53 PM
In.............

Deathslayer7
2008-09-24, 06:57 PM
New too, but fast learner. Count me in.

DraPrime
2008-09-24, 07:03 PM
Add me to the list of players.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-09-25, 07:57 PM
(Adding this thread to my subscriptions by making a post. :smallwink:)

Aemoh
2008-09-25, 10:39 PM
Cause I'm not in enough WW games already... IN :smallcool:

banjo1985
2008-09-26, 04:57 AM
In though I've only watched A Scanner Darkly :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2008-09-26, 12:12 PM
Count me in.

Shades of Gray
2008-09-28, 08:11 PM
I'm in.

What's this based on anyways?

Andre Fairchilde
2008-09-28, 08:19 PM
A story by the science fiction writer Philip K. ****.

The story is VALIS, the Wikipedia link is here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VALIS).

Vampiric
2008-09-29, 06:40 AM
(And A Scanner Darkly - not the film, though it is pretty close, and a good watch anyway...)

Wiki is here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_scanner_darkly)

vegetalss4
2008-09-29, 02:25 PM
consider me in

David94
2008-10-02, 06:42 PM
In. But this is my first one, so can someone help me with some of the rules? I understand the game partially but not fully.

Vampiric
2008-10-03, 05:12 AM
One in, and one out.

hap_hazard
2008-10-03, 06:34 AM
In. -more letters-

Recaiden
2008-10-03, 06:33 PM
I'm not familiar with whatever this is based on, but I'm in.

Heroic
2008-10-03, 11:11 PM
Resist the urge to be in!

IN!

Nychta
2008-10-05, 07:20 AM
I'll join, thanks.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-05, 07:40 AM
I would like to be in, but I have to much stuff already so, sorry.

Vampiric
2008-10-05, 11:11 AM
Recruitment is closed

Roles will be sent out soon.

EDIT: Things are taking a little longer than expected - role PMs and Game Thread will be out as soon as physically possible, which may be this evening (GMT time, remember :smalltongue:), or if delayed beyond tonight, then tomorrow at some point, because I have lectures.

Vampiric
2008-10-05, 04:01 PM
Hey guys.

Sorry, this a lot longer than anticipated. Things are being discussed and sorted, but roles will be out tomorrow at latest, and the game will start as soon as roles have been received!

David94
2008-10-05, 05:28 PM
Can someone PM me and explain some of the rules? One, I haven't played any of these games for a while, and two, this is a variant.

Andre Fairchilde
2008-10-05, 05:43 PM
No problem. Are you familiar with Classic Were-Wolf games?

Here is a quote of the first post from the WW Central Thread found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85214).

--Werewolf Central III--
WW Central II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55990)
WW Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36074)

--How to Use This Thread-- If it's Bold, Italicized, colored in dark red, or any combination: Read It!
If it's in a spoiler, open it if applies to what you're looking for. But never forget rule #1.
To find what you're looking for, simply search this page and identify the appropriate heading and spoiler.
Post any questions, comments, ideas, what-have-you that relate to werewolf type games in this thread for discussion.
Let us know when your game is recruiting/starting/ending.
Share fun stuff you've created, such as Korith's games spreadsheet.

Hello all.
I'm willing to take over WW Central (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36074) for Lucky.
This thread was designed by Lucky originally for the purposes of coordinating and maintaining all the werewolf games and variants. It has become a great tool for us.
Whatever you're looking for in regards to werewolf games can be found on this page.
Maybe not in this post, but somewhere on this first page.
Everything from start dates to active games, rules (and optional rules) to games archives can be found here along with tools designed to make your game run smoother.

--Basic Game-Play Overview--
Originally Posted by DungeonMaster77
Here are the rules:

You have any given number of players, and as soon as I get enough for the current round, I will begin. I (or whomever the co-Narrator is) will PM each player with their role, which will be one of the following, determined randomly, without regard to what they have played in the past:

Villager: You are a villager. Your job is to stay alive, and ferret out the werewolves. Counts, obviously, as a villager.

Seer: Your job after night falls, is to PM the Narrator and co-Narrator to look into the heart of. You may or may not want to reveal who you are as you will be a target for the werewolves to kill, and may be accused of being the Devil, or even possibly the fool. When you select a player, the answer given to you will be villager, fool, or werewolf. Seers see the Devil as a Werewolf.

Werewolf: Your job after night falls, is to lie, deceive, and cajole the villagers into not voting for you. PM the narrator with your vote on whom to kill. The Narrator will PM you with whomever is the other werewolf (or werewolves) is (or are), so you can coordinate a vote, and send the narrator your final vote. You, obviously, count as a werewolf. If there is a tie between the werewolves, that the lycanthropes cannot resolve (as to who will be killed), simply PM the Narrator and co-Narrator, and one of us will be the tie breaker. As we are all mature adults here, we hope that it will never come to this rare happenstance.

Now, this is the minimum cast of characters. We will be playing with a slightly added cast:

Mason: Your job is to ferret out the werewolves, and to protect your fellow Mason(s). There will always be a minimum of 2 Masons in a group. Your votes count as villagers.

Fool: Thinks he is a seer. Is told that he is a seer. When a fool gets his foresight; in the evening, he gets a random chance as to what he sees when he points somebody out. When he points to the Seer, he will always see the Fool, and visa versa. Counts as a villager

Baner: This person is the carrier of the wolvesbane. His job is to protect someone he believes is a villager, from the nightly killings of the werewolves. Counts as a villager.

Devil: Is basically the seer for the werewolves. Counts as a werewolf.

You may recall, I spoke several times about a counting as a and votes. Well, it is simple. Once the majority has voted for one person, that person is lynched. Night falls, and it begins again. The lynched person is out, and can make comments, but nothing that could influence a vote. When a lynching happens, it is revealed as to which position the person was. After this, night falls, morning follows, and it begins again...

Victory Conditions:

For the villagers to win, the villagers must kill all of the werewolves.

For the werewolves to win, they must simply reduce the number of villagers to equal their current numbers.

Things to keep in mind:
Yes, werewolves may lie about being the seer.
Yes, werewolves can (and have, in my experience) kill the Devil.
Yes, Masons get killed for protecting a brother Mason, as others may see it as a werewolf protecting a werewolf.
The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
There's a day phase that happens from dawn til dausk in game. This period lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. Whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game.
The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk til dawn. This phase lasts 24 hours. During this phase, anyone that has a special action to perform during that time does so via PM to the narrators. This is the phase of the game where the wolves would tell the narrators who they would like to kill.

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
This continues until either A) all of the Wolves are destroyed by the Villagers -or- B) the Wolves reduce the total number of non-wolf players to equal their own.

This is just a brief overview of the rules.
See below for the original rules by DungeonMaster77 or go to a game thread for individual games' specific rules.

[I]--Original Werewolf Rules by DM77----Note that these are the rules used for Werewolf Classic--Post #82 of the original Werewolves Game:
Note that these should still be in red text.

--Interesting and Important Notes by Lucky--
Finally, if anyone has any other ideas as far as what to put in this thread, feel free to voice them here or PM them to me.

The game is divided into Day phases and Night phases.

The Day phases (Starting with Day 1) last about 48 hours. In this time period, players vote one one of the players out of the game - trying to find the bad guys (called Wolves).

No one knows each others roles, except some specific players. The wolves secretly know each other, and in this game - some of the good guys know each other too.

Once the day vote is completed, the player is "lynched" or leaves the game and the role is usually revealed.

Then the night phase begins.

The "wolves" decide on one player to night kill - remove from the game. This is why they're the bad guys.

Four other roles get to have night actions as well - the Scryer, the Baner, the Fool, and the Devil.

The Scryer and the Fool each make a scrying action - try to find out the secret role of one player of their choice. The scryer get's an accurate scry, while the fool has perhaps a 25% chance of being right. Neither of these roles know exactly who is who and they are blind from each other.

The wolves also have thier own scryer - called the Devil. He too can make a night scry to learn a role.

Finally, the baner. The Baner makes a night bane protecting one person from the night kill. The trick is knowing who to bane...

David94
2008-10-05, 06:12 PM
Thanks.

EDIT: Does the Devil also have its own fool as well? And do the wolves have a Baner? And in the first post, what do they mean in saying that the Seer, Fool, Devil, and Baner are all "blind"? I know the seer and the fool can't tell each other apart, but what else?

Murska
2008-10-06, 07:41 AM
Thanks.

EDIT: Does the Devil also have its own fool as well? And do the wolves have a Baner? And in the first post, what do they mean in saying that the Seer, Fool, Devil, and Baner are all "blind"? I know the seer and the fool can't tell each other apart, but what else?

Devil doesn't (usually) have a fool. Wolves (usually, AC is an exception) don't have a baner. Being blind means you don't know who your teammates are.

Vampiric
2008-10-06, 12:47 PM
DAY BEGINS!

If you have not received a role PM, please PM myself, Shadowcaller and Andre Fairchilde.

Have fun! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5055975)

The Bushranger
2008-10-06, 02:47 PM
Erm. I signed up, but I don't see my name on the player list?

Shadowcaller
2008-10-06, 02:51 PM
Erm. I signed up, but I don't see my name on the player list?

We will fix that as soon as I get in contact with Vampiric.