PDA

View Full Version : Dragonstar books question

Ragabash
2008-09-22, 11:33 AM
Is there anyone on the forum who either has or has access to the books Raw Recruits and Heart of the Machine? I'd really like to know generally what is in them before I shell out money on them if I'm lucky enough to actually track down a copy. I don't need heavy details, just a bit of general info. If someone does have it, I might ask detailed questions in PM, unless that's a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Waspinator
2008-09-26, 12:37 AM
I'd kind of like to know too.

Ragabash
2008-09-30, 04:32 AM
Maybe it might help if I specify what I want to know. Basically, what's the general sense of what kind of new items there are, and is there plenty of interesting non-campaign-specific flavour info?

Iku Rex
2008-09-30, 04:57 AM
I have Raw Recruits but I haven't really read it.

Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Recruits-Fantasy-Roleplaying-Supplement-Dragonstar/dp/0971923868) has some general info:
Join the crew of the Evarstanza, a massive carrier converted to be the ultimate exploring vessel, and seek adventure. Raw Recruits is the first in our licensed Dragonstar adventure series and is designed to take four to six player characters from first to fourth level. In this campaign adventure series your characters can play the part of a newly formed unit of explorers aboard the Evarstanza. Built and commanded by the Gold Dragonkin Mercucio, the mighty ship sets out on a series of adventures in the Rimward Barrens. Strange planets, haunted factories, overrun freighters, experimental labs, pirate attacks; all of these can be found in these pages. Each of the separate key adventures and the numerous Interludes (short encounters) in this book can be played as part of the ongoing plot as part of the Evarstanza’s crew or each can be broken out and run separately with no connection. The choice is up to you.

There are a few new items, but obviously that's not the focus of the book. Don't know about the flavor info. Hard to say from a quick skim-through. What kind of campaign do you want to put the adventures in?

Ragabash
2008-09-30, 05:29 AM
The campaign would be centred around a single system in the sector ruled by House Osorus (the blue dragons). It's part of a concept for a multi-era campaign, with the story starting in the bronze age, and progressing through major events in the feudal and steam ages to reach its finale in a Dragonstar game.
By the Dragonstar era, the world will be heavily miltarized as a stragegic location along the border of the Dark Zone, so any info on military tech is helpful in establishing the look and feel of what is stationed there.