PDA

View Full Version : Orsetti del Cuore (CareBears Project)

StormingMarcus
2008-09-22, 01:47 PM
Hello everyone!
I've just seen two threads about teddy-bears and the like, so suddenly my mind got struck by an insane idea...
Remember when WotC april's joke was MyLittlePonies d20?
Now, we'll do even better! Here come Osrsetti del Cuore (CareBears in italian)!

Can anyone please help me? I'm not really an expert, cause i watched them when i was a little kid... So can't remember anything clearly, actually.
The system bases will be 3.5, but we always can make a 4e version...
The first step would be a CareBear race. I think small humanoid (Cute subtype) will fit them nicely.

Thanks to everyone that will help me in my insane project...

afroakuma
2008-09-22, 01:52 PM
Oh no, Care Bears are definetely Monstrous Humanoids. *shudder* Very monstrous.

StormingMarcus
2008-09-22, 01:58 PM
How can you say that? You are heartless!
They are so cute... They seem to charm you into getting close to them, then you feel compelled to pet them a little...
And finally, they kill you with a tremendous eldritch blast coming from their belly!
Or maybe not...

afroakuma
2008-09-22, 02:35 PM
Warlocky subversions of everything cute and cuddly that spend overt amounts of time spying on children and produce multivariate species spawn without obvious sexual characteristics creep the KABLAM outta me. :smallbiggrin:

StormingMarcus
2008-09-23, 04:12 AM
ORSETTO DEL CUORE
- +2 Cha, -2 Str.
- Small size.
- Base speed 20'.
- +1 racial bonus to all saving throws.
- Joybringer (Sp): 1/day, as a standard action, the carebear can instill joy in allies' hearts. Allies within 30' gain a +1 morale bonus on saving throws for 1 minute (the carebear is considered an ally for the purpose of this ability).
- +2 racial bonus to diplomacy.
- 1 bonus feat at first level.

Is it balanced? I'm going to make their special abilities racial feats...

Fan
2008-09-23, 05:04 AM
ORSETTO DEL CUORE
- +2 Cha, -2 Str.
- Small size.
- Base speed 20'.
- Joybringer (Sp): 1/day, as a standard action, the carebear can instill joy in allies' hearts. Allies within 30' gain a +1 morale bonus on saving throws for 1 minute (the carebear is considered an ally for the purpose of this ability).

Is it balanced? I'm going to make their special abilities racial feats...

You need to add in the care bear stare if your gonna make this race.

StormingMarcus
2008-09-23, 05:09 AM
You need to add in the care bear stare if your gonna make this race. As a feat or as a racial power? What in-game effect should it have? Something like: the enemy gets a penalty to attacks against the bear and its allies?

StormingMarcus
2008-09-26, 04:20 AM
ORSETTO DEL CUORE
- +2 Cha, -2 Str.
- Small size.
- Base speed 20'.
- CareBear Stare (Ex): 1/day, as a standard action, the carebear can cleanse the hearts of evildoers. Enemies within a 20ft cone must make a Will saving throws (DC 10 + 1/2 carebear HDs + Cha modifier) or take 2d6 damage and remain dazed until the start of the bear's next turn.

Maybe d20 isn't the best system to picture these characters... A brand-new simple system should make it...