PDA

View Full Version : Aristocrat-friendly prestige class?

pendell
2008-09-22, 05:15 PM
In 595 Kubota tells us that there is an aristocrat-friendly prestige class that grants protection against magical lie detection.

Which class would this be?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Lord_Butters_I
2008-09-22, 06:37 PM
Nothing I've heard of, and Rich isn't above homebrewing classes.

Wreckingrocc
2008-09-22, 07:24 PM
Remember the dashing swordsman? It's probably just a third-party PrC that he made as a joke. I thought it was pretty funny, seeing as aristocrats don't get anything except a couple hundred gold. They have an awful BaB, bad saves, bad hit die, and few skill points. It's hillarious.

drengnikrafe
2008-09-22, 07:49 PM
I'd agree on the homebrew front. Probably homebrew that has virtually no prereq's, and gives bonuses to bluff, as well as spellcasting of things that could get you out of trouble, like Glibness (maybe?).

SilverClawShift
2008-09-22, 07:50 PM
Remember the dashing swordsman? It's probably just a third-party PrC that he made as a joke. I thought it was pretty funny, seeing as aristocrats don't get anything except a couple hundred gold. They have an awful BaB, bad saves, bad hit die, and few skill points. It's hillarious.

Actually, they have Rogue BAB, and a strong Will save. They also get 4 skill points per level, and a decent selection of skills to put them in (including speak language). And some armor and weapon proficiencies.

Danukian
2008-09-22, 07:55 PM
Actually, they have Rogue BAB, and a strong Will save. They also get 4 skill points per level, and a decent selection of skills to put them in (including speak language). And some armor and weapon proficiencies.

Agreed, Aristocrats are the NPC class with the best overall chance of being a threat to a PC.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-22, 08:00 PM
Agreed, Aristocrats are the NPC class with the best overall chance of being a threat to a PC.Both Adepts and Experts are no slouches either, FYI. You just have to know how to build them.

shylocxs
2008-09-22, 08:02 PM
Agreed, Aristocrats are the NPC class with the best overall chance of being a threat to a PC.

Yeah, even though I haven't played in years (like 15 at this point, which is kind of sad), this has to be an NPC class of some sort.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/npcClasses/aristocrat.htm

Frosty
2008-09-22, 08:05 PM
Adepts can contribute as much as Fighters with the right spells. Polymorph and Heal aren't exactly slouches.

The Glyphstone
2008-09-22, 08:38 PM
Kubota could be an Aristocrat 5/Spymaster 7. It'd make him ECL11 (including -1 for NPC levels), and Deep Cover protects him from magical divinations, revealing only his "cover identity"'s knowledge as an oblivious noble.

It's actually very Aristocrat friendly, as it takes only skills (all of which are class skills for Aristocrats) and one feat. If Kubota has an Intelligence of at least 12, he qualifies by 5th level.

AtomicKitKat
2008-09-23, 10:00 AM
Kubota could be an Aristocrat 5/Spymaster 7. It'd make him ECL11 (including -1 for NPC levels), and Deep Cover protects him from magical divinations, revealing only his "cover identity"'s knowledge as an oblivious noble.

It's actually very Aristocrat friendly, as it takes only skills (all of which are class skills for Aristocrats) and one feat. If Kubota has an Intelligence of at least 12, he qualifies by 5th level.

Yep. I'd even go so far as to say he has an Intelligence of 14. The kinds of machinations he was coming up with are far more complex than even Xykon's(then again, Xykon was kind of a slouch until he got old).

Zolem
2008-09-23, 10:03 AM

Well, since he had at least an 18, I'd say he easily qualifies.

pendell
2008-09-23, 12:00 PM
Thank you, Glyphstone. That was exactly what I was looking for.

Zolem, what makes you think he has an int of 18?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Mastikator
2008-09-23, 01:00 PM
18 is a little too high, but he has shown a great talent for quickly scheming very useful plans and his ability to cover up after any failure doesn't speak too poorly off his intellect either.
I'd put him around 14-16.

Hinjo would have been dead if Therka wasn't inlove with Elan. Kabuta would have been the leader.