PDA

View Full Version : Donations?  Wallpaper?  What's going on?

xyzchyx
2005-10-19, 03:27 AM
Okay... according to http://www.giantitp.com/Donate.html, one only need donate $5 or more to GITP to get some wicked-cool wallpaper of the OOTS characters. They said about 1 to 3 days would pass before receiving the download instructions.

I tried to do exactly this, and I know the donation went through because I got a receipt from paypal immediately acknowledging that I sent the money. However, about a week has gone by now since then and I've still not received any download instructions for the wallpaper. :(

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask about this.

Snommelp
2005-10-19, 07:55 PM
It says on the page that you'll receive download instructions in an e-mail... my guess is one of two things occurred: either you forgot to give them an e-mail address (which sounds like a mistake that I would make, so don't feel bad if that's it), or your e-mail provider's anti-spam protection blocked it. I don't know what you can do to fix it, but diagnosis comes before medication.

Dr._Weird
2005-10-19, 10:24 PM
Yes, check your spam box if you have one. I know my gmail account has one, but I think some services just automatically delete those.

xyzchyx
2005-10-20, 01:32 AM
Well, I was sifting through all the email I downloaded from my ISP since day 1, including all the mail that Thunderbird immediately flags as junk, just in case, but it's nowhere to be seen.

As for not supplying my email address, the donation system didn't provide any option to forward any additional comments or else I would have put my email address in there just to be safe. I assumed that they would just send it to the email address tied to the paypal account (the only email I ever use, actually).

Zherog
2005-10-20, 08:12 AM
Yep - it works off the e-mail addy tied to your paypal account.

WampaX
2005-10-20, 10:35 AM
Voice of the Wampinator: Seems mor elike a Board Issue to me . . . RawBear will know what to do with it/where to put it, in any case.

RawBearNYC
2005-10-20, 11:50 AM
My suggestion to you would be to send an e-mail to [email protected]. Rich doesn't always look here for message, so it's easier to talk to him directly.