PDA

View Full Version : Evil Wizard

DareTheRogue
2008-09-23, 11:54 AM
So I am joining a game I am already running, we are swapping out GMs. I have already stated my plans for a character and now know the other ideas behind the other players. I still have the option of taking into a PrC or something, but I need permanent Undetectable Alignment. Any suggestions

BobVosh
2008-09-23, 11:56 AM
Permanency: Undetectable Alignment

AstralFire
2008-09-23, 11:58 AM
Yeah. Just pay the costs in gold to have a wizard cast the spell and also permanency.

DareTheRogue
2008-09-23, 12:09 PM
Idea taken, but Undetectable alignment can not be made permanent

AstralFire
2008-09-23, 12:13 PM

True enough, but I'd ask for an exception in this case. It's the easiest method.

If you have enough dough, maybe get an intelligent item that can cast undetectable alignment at will as one of the more expensive Lesser/cheaper Greater powers? Not on the table, but it's a reasonable substitution.

hamlet
2008-09-23, 12:14 PM

It can if the DM says it can.

Or some variant of the spell at higher level perhaps.

DareTheRogue
2008-09-23, 12:14 PM
Well unfortunatly I built the world and it is pretty much RaW and I have throw this around with the current players a lot and I want to stick with it

DareTheRogue
2008-09-23, 12:15 PM
I killed permanency for the world already.

AstralFire
2008-09-23, 12:18 PM
Well unfortunatly I built the world and it is pretty much RaW and I have throw this around with the current players a lot and I want to stick with it

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#tableEstimatingMagicItemGol dPieceValues

Spell Effect, Continuous
Undetectable Alignment is a Bard 1 spell.
Bard 1 x Bard 2 x 2000 = 4000 GP

Make it a ring.

Frosty
2008-09-23, 12:22 PM
There's a feat in the Exemplars of Evil that can hide Alignment I believe.

Keld Denar
2008-09-23, 12:43 PM
I'm at work, but I'm pretty sure a Ring of Mind Shielding will actually protect you from that. Its in the DMG, don't remember the cost, but I don't think its very expensive (>8k gold). Alternately, 5 levels of Occult Slayer gives you the effect of a permanent Mind Blank and protects against divination.

Undetectable Alignment is a 2nd level spell and has a duration of 24 hours, so you'd only need it once a day. That's not a huge spell slot investment for a caster, but I don't remember if it appears on the wiz/sorc spell list. I know its on the cleric, bard, and paladin spell lists. A use activated item would be cheaper than continuous, you'd just have to make sure to tap yourself with it at about the same time every day.

Hawriel
2008-09-23, 12:44 PM
Well you built the world so you know whats allowed. Im sure your wizard can figure out how to make a magic devise that protects against detection spells, spell like abilities and what not.

Here is a ring from the DMG that you want. Ring of Mind Shielding. page 232. The wearer is immune to detect thoughts, descern lies, and any attempt to magiclly descirn alignment. To make it you need craft ring, and know or have a scroll of nondetection. Store price 8,000 gp.

Another item also in the DMG is the amulet of proof against detection and location. It protecs agaist scrying mostly but your not immune. It's also 35,000 gp.

I swear by this ring. The character I'm playing now has one. He is a fallower of mask and is quite the evil assassin. He turned totaly evil afew months ago in my campaigne. Witch is now on hold, most likly indefinetly, due to life bighting peaple in the ass with a second helping. To bad I was looking forward to the reactions of the other players when I reveiled the true nature of that character.

DareTheRogue
2008-09-23, 12:47 PM
Ring of Mind Shielding may be it

Doresain
2008-09-23, 11:01 PM
if im not mistaken, there is an item in the eberron setting that shows your alignment as being a different alignment

Breaw
2008-09-23, 11:23 PM
1 level of spymaster, but you need a bunch of skills (all are fun for deception) and skill focus bluff.

Skills are: 8 ranks bluff and disguise, 4 ranks diplomacy, gather information, sense motives and forgery

(plus the skill focus bluff)

It would be a 2 level dip at least to get it. 1 level to pick up the necessary skills and 1 level of spymaster. It would, however get you undetectable alignment.

-B

JaxGaret
2008-09-23, 11:36 PM
1 level of spymaster, but you need a bunch of skills (all are fun for deception) and skill focus bluff.

Skills are: 8 ranks bluff and disguise, 4 ranks diplomacy, gather information, sense motives and forgery

(plus the skill focus bluff)

It would be a 2 level dip at least to get it. 1 level to pick up the necessary skills and 1 level of spymaster. It would, however get you undetectable alignment.

-B

A Beguiler would have no problem fulfilling the requirements - that is, if the OP willing to have their "Wizard" be a Beguiler?

Vaynor
2008-09-24, 01:27 AM
I remember seeing some sort of white mask in a splatbook that granted immunity to detect alignment spells and the like. However, I think wearing a large white mask might be just as odd to see as an evil wizard.

DareTheRogue
2008-09-25, 08:53 AM
To verify this all, the Wizard is lvl 12 and the paladin in the party may become suspicious considering he is turning into a Lich. He already got a Hat of Disguise (more of a circlet) and is using it to not change in appearance at all. but the ring will keep them off him for alignment. After his Lich levels are over he is going to take Archmage and then a PrC for the world that requires immortality.

AstralFire
2008-09-25, 08:53 AM
I remember seeing some sort of white mask in a splatbook that granted immunity to detect alignment spells and the like. However, I think wearing a large white mask might be just as odd to see as an evil wizard.

That would actually be really cool.

BobVosh
2008-09-25, 09:01 AM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/mongoliansk/vivi-1.jpg

Behind his blue mask and shadows is another mask! This one white.