PDA

View Full Version : Odd Problem

sktarq
2005-10-04, 11:29 PM
Okay this one has me baffled....for OotS 226 and 227 (and only these two so far as I've found) I get the first 3 inches or so of the comic and then allot of white space...I am missing the punchlines. Has their been any change to how the comics have been posted? Was there an AO-hell update that scrambled my computer's ability to read this site? help?

RawBearNYC
2005-10-05, 09:23 AM
The only change I've made to that script in the past month has been the address that the link at the top of the page links to. I can't see that causing you that problem.

What Operating System are you using? What browser and version? Have you tried viewing the image files directly?

http://www.giantitp.com/oots/oots0226.gif?
http://www.giantitp.com/oots/oots0227.gif?

I include the question marks at the end of the urls on purpose. When a url contains a question mark, it tells most internet caches to ignore their cached copy of a file and go get a fresh one. Not sure cacheing is your problem, but it doesn't hurt to eliminate it as a problem.

The single most annoying thing that annoys me as a web developer is IE for the Mac (why do people still use that stupid program?). After that, it's the horde of crap that AOL's cache does to my stuff.

SalSar_Thiran
2005-10-05, 02:20 PM
Which program? IE or mac? I am pretty sure you mean Mac.

RawBearNYC
2005-10-05, 02:39 PM
Which program? IE or mac? I am pretty sure you mean Mac.
Internet Explorer for the Macintosh.

Seerow
2005-10-05, 02:47 PM
I used to have that problem with Dominic Deegan.

It's your computer, it was probably trying to do something else while loading the images, and thought it was done when it only half finished.

Try clearing your cookies and such and viewing it again. If that doesnt work, try a different browser after clearing cookies again (As I believe RawBear was hinting at).

If that still doesnt work, it's clearly a different problem from what I had, just the exact same result.

sktarq
2005-10-05, 10:23 PM
well direct viewing worked but nothing else thanx though for the ideas....also it appears my DSL is refusing to connect properly and it is using some 53K backup...I wonder if it did that the other time too....this needs me fully awake....

EDIT: I want to strangle my roomate...turns out our landlord is swtiching DSL providers and told him...so my setting are reverting to who knows what and I'll get it all back in a week *sigh* thanx everyone for trying to help