PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] UMWE Local 5863rd. (Miner PrC)

Telonius
2008-09-23, 02:38 PM
Needs help on the name, and a few of the abilities.

Hit Die: d6

Requirements: To qualify to become a (name), a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Skills Profession (Miner) 8 ranks
Feats Endurance

Class Skills
Appraise, Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering), Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (Geography), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Spot, Survival, Use Rope.

Skill Points at Each Level
4 + Intelligence modifier

{table] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special
1 |1|2|0|2| Load 16 Tons
2|2|3|0|3|Canary +1, Another Day Older, Deeper in Debt
3|3|3|1|3|One Fist of Iron, The Other of Steel
4|4|4|1|4|Canary +2
5|5|4|1|4|See Me Coming, Better Step Aside
6|6|5|2|5|Canary +3
7|7|5|2|5|Foreman
8|8|6|2|5|Canary +4
9|9|6|3|6|Cave-In
10|10|7|3|7|Canary +5, Owe My Soul to the Company Store[/table]

Class Features

All of the Following are Class Features of the (name).

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
(Name)s are proficient with the Dire Pick, all simple weapons, light armors, and medium armors.

Load 16 Tons You count as a creature one size larger for purposes of determining carrying capacity and maximum load.

Canary Living in the mines gives a (name) a healthy sense of danger. A (name) of second level receives a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and cave-ins, and a +1 dodge bonus to AC against attacks made by traps. These bonuses increase by +1 every even level thereafter.

Another Day Older Life in the mines is hard. The amount of time it takes you to reach the next age category is reduced by 25%.

Deeper in Debt You must pay 10% of all future earnings back to the mining guild.

One Fist of Iron, The Other of Steel At third level, a (name) gains the Improved Unarmed Strike feat. The (name)'s fists are treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons. The unarmed strike also counts as a Cold Iron weapon for purposes of overcoming damage reduction.

See Me Coming, Better Step Aside At fifth level, a (name) may use the Intimidate skill to Demoralize a single opponent as a Swift action.

Foreman At seventh level, a (name) may grant all of his allies, including himself, within 60 feet a bonus equal to half his (name) level on all skill checks in the (name)'s Class Skills list. This ability is usable twice per day and lasts for 1 round per (name) level.

Cave-In At ninth level, a (name) may cast the Earthquake as a spell-like ability (CL = (name) level). This ability is usable 1/day.

Owe My Soul to the Company Store At 10th level, the (name) is considered permanetly under a Death Ward effect. Any attempt to magically separate the (name)'s soul from his body, such as by a "Trap the Soul" spell, fails. The (name) can still be killed by a spell due to hit point loss (for example, by a Fireball spell). Any attempt to animate the (name)'s body as undead fails automatically. However, any attempts to restore a dead (name) to life are more costly; add 10% to the cost in material components to Reincarnate, Raise Dead, Resurrection, and True Resurrection spells cast on the (name).

Does this seem balanced? I feel like it needs a little bit more than Canary on the even levels.

AstralFire
2008-09-23, 03:21 PM
My gut reaction is that it's weak since it doesn't really add much offensively and is slightly better than middling on defenses (it has good saves in the important places though.) What base class do you see taking levels in this class?

Also, Another Day Older made me laugh.

Telonius
2008-09-23, 03:40 PM
Generally, I'm thinking of it as an interesting cap to put on a high-level Expert, though Fighters or Rangers might get some use out of it.

... Ah, think I've found one problem. Not sure why, but I had it in my head that a Heavy Pick was an Exotic weapon. Must've been thinking of a Dire Pick. I'll replace that.

And another, Fighter doesn't have Profession as a class skill. Never noticed that before - what, no Professional Bouncers?

AstralFire
2008-09-23, 04:07 PM
Seems just dandy for an NPrC.

Name it the "Earthworker"?