PDA

View Full Version : [Spell] "But the animal is inside out. And it exploded."

Icewalker
2008-09-23, 07:48 PM
Inspiration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPND-I2_1dk) (Warning, rather disgusting)

Baneful Teleport
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: Standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One touched creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates, Fortitude Partial (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell instantly transports a being touched to a designated destination, which may be as distant as one mile per caster level. Interplanar travel is not possible. Any objects carried by the target are teleported with them, as long as their weight doesn't exceed their maximum load.

You must be familiar with the destination: it can be a place you know well, either because you can currently see it, you've been there often, or you have used other means (such as scrying) to study the place for at least one hour.

The target makes an initial Will save to resist the teleport entirely.

As opposed to a normal teleport, Baneful Teleport takes the teleported creature through extradimensional spaces, miniscule passages and scathing vacuums, spitting them out on the other side horribly mangled. They take 1d8 damage per two caster levels and are sickened. On a successful Fortitude save, the damage is cut in half and the target is not sickened. If the damage from this spell exceeds their remaining hit points, they come out on the other side an unrecognizable horrific random mangled mess of organs, flesh and bone.

Material Component: A bit of pig or lizard organ.

[hr]
I totally didn't know until today that the spell Teleport Other disappeared sometime between 1st and 3rd edition. This makes for a fun alternative.

Lyndworm
2008-09-23, 07:59 PM
Galaxy Quest is underrated. Nice work.

Zack

Lappy9000
2008-09-23, 08:17 PM
That's.......................mean.

mr.fizzypop
2008-09-23, 09:14 PM
That's.......................AWESOME!

Hectonkhyres
2008-09-23, 09:23 PM
And it would be an even more awesome spell to houserule fumble.

Vaynor
2008-09-23, 10:36 PM
Nice. Galaxy Quest rocks.

SilentNight
2008-09-23, 11:09 PM
Nice, I really need to watch that again at some point. Nice job.

DigoDragon
2008-09-24, 07:46 AM
I wonder what already sickened and horribbly mangled looking abberations would come out looking like with this spell? :smallbiggrin:

*pop*
Fighter: "Hey, a school of guppies."
Wizard: "But I Baneful Teleported an Aboleth." :smallfrown:

Evil DM Mark3
2008-09-24, 08:12 AM
Nice spell. On a side note, my favourite part of the clip?I see you managed to get your shirt off.

Waspinator
2008-09-24, 12:28 PM
What happens if you use the spell on a guy with no last name?

thegurullamen
2008-09-24, 01:19 PM
What happens if you use the spell on a guy with no last name?

The polarity reverses and what was once inside the red-shirt's no-last-name's body is now on the outside. Hilarity ensues. (No, seriously, it does. Watch the movie if you don't believe me. Tony Shaloub is hilarious.)

Leicontis
2008-09-24, 01:47 PM
There's actually a psionic power that's like a lower-level version of this called Dimension Twister. It's in Complete Psionic, and functions like Close-range Dimension Door, except that you teleport somebody else (Will negates) and they take something like 3d6 or 5d6 damage without augmentation. My GM houseruled I couldn't teleport them to max range straight up :(

chiasaur11
2008-09-24, 03:34 PM
The polarity reverses and what was once inside the red-shirt's no-last-name's body is now on the outside. Hilarity ensues. (No, seriously, it does. Watch the movie if you don't believe me. Tony Shaloub is hilarious.)

So's the whole film.

It was the reason my parents bought a DVD player. (Well, the Thermian audio track was.)

Icewalker
2008-09-24, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. Seems like a fun option.

Fine by me that there is already a different version, as it's psionic and lower level. This is my second Galaxy Quest reference homebrew, the first being the Fatu-Krey. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78381) Just posted a third as well, another spell, Thirteen Seconds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91934). :smallwink:

Carrion_Humanoid
2008-09-24, 08:45 PM
They are all awesome, I only wish I hadn't made my Campaign world very Evolution Based.