PDA

View Full Version : Elan/Haley

An Enemy Spy
2008-09-23, 10:02 PM
With Roy out of the way, that means Haley's in charge right? I just realized, Elan's doing the boss! Maybe he'll get a promotion next time they meet

drengnikrafe
2008-09-23, 10:04 PM
... Promotion to what? Head of Musical Enhancements and Puns? They're an adventuring party, it's not like they have set ranks among them... probably.

bluewind95
2008-09-23, 10:26 PM
He has shown a lot more competence than he used to, at that.

It just occurred to me, though...

I think I read that it has been stated that a very big price will have to be paid to get the party back. What if it is the Haley/Elan relationship..?

Skeppio
2008-09-23, 11:39 PM
He has shown a lot more competence than he used to, at that.

It just occurred to me, though...

I think I read that it has been stated that a very big price will have to be paid to get the party back. What if it is the Haley/Elan relationship..?

Hope not. That'd be a Deus Ex Machina bordering on Ctrl-Alt-Del level.
And you do not want that!

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-23, 11:49 PM
Hope not. That'd be a Deus Ex Machina bordering on Ctrl-Alt-Del level.
And you do not want that!Isn't there supposed to be a board filter that stops people from saying words that are generally offensive?

Chronos
2008-09-24, 01:32 AM
Remember, Elan gets a happy ending.

arkwei
2008-09-24, 02:03 AM
Isn't there supposed to be a board filter that stops people from saying words that are generally offensive?

Well, some people think that CAD is enjoyable, and I think it is sometimes stupidly enjoyable, so no, I don't agree with you. I'm not saying it's on the same awesome level as OotS, though.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-24, 02:13 AM
Let's get off the topic of B^U for now, all it would do is turn this thread into a flame war, just leave it at I hate the comic and the author and would shed no tears if both were destroyed.

bluewind95
2008-09-24, 11:45 AM

Elan's happy ending may not necessarily include Haley. If only Elan gets a happy ending...

Mauve Shirt
2008-09-24, 11:48 AM
Elan's happy ending may not necessarily include Haley. If only Elan gets a happy ending...

But could it be happy without Haley?

bluewind95
2008-09-24, 11:51 AM
It could be, yes.

Forias
2008-09-24, 12:12 PM
Was this "big price" quote in one of the books?

Sounds ominous.

AKA_Bait
2008-09-24, 12:13 PM
It could be, yes.

I'm not so sure. Remember that he wouldn't even lie to Therkla about it to give her incentive to be raised.

Linkavitch
2008-09-24, 12:46 PM

So, they break up, Haley or Elan gets mad and and leaves, and shows up right before the climax with an army 'cuz they felt bad about it. Perfect!

Linkavitch
2008-09-24, 12:49 PM

The Oracle never said everyone else won't get a happy ending, but Elan definitely will. He said "For you, at least" but that still doesn't mean that everyone else dies or something...

bluewind95
2008-09-24, 01:50 PM
The Oracle never said everyone else won't get a happy ending, but Elan definitely will. He said "For you, at least" but that still doesn't mean that everyone else dies or something...

I'm not saying it means that. All I'm saying is that it does not exclude the possibility of that happening. A simple "Yes" would have given more weight to the positive interpretation, while adding the "For you, at least" gives more weight to a negative interpretation. It does not exclude either possibility, though, just raises a "cloud" of doubt on how "happy" the ending is.

Silverlocke980
2008-09-24, 11:37 PM
The idea of Elan sleeping his way into a promotion of some form or another, while making absolutely no damn sense, is quite possibly the funniest idea this forum has ever come up with.

Kudos, man- I lol'd.

paladin_carvin
2008-09-26, 01:36 AM
The idea of Elan sleeping his way into a promotion of some form or another, while making absolutely no damn sense, is quite possibly the funniest idea this forum has ever come up with.

Kudos, man- I lol'd.

"A female in charge? Ah, I'll just sleep my way to the top! Kiff, wake me when I get there"
-Zapp

Deleted Scene from Futurama ep. 202: Brannigan, Begin Again

BisectedBrioche
2008-09-26, 05:37 AM
Actually the quote is just "Oh well I'll just have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there" after Kif is made second in command and Zap gets a job as Fry's subordiante.

Laurentio II
2008-09-26, 05:58 AM
Let's get off the topic of B^U for now, all it would do is turn this thread into a flame war, just leave it at I hate the comic and the author and would shed no tears if both were destroyed.
Precious! "To avoid a flame on this argument I urge you to say nothing about CAD comics, on which I'd like to spend some comment that is actually flame war fuel, and again urging you to not comment as I already wrote mine and this is all I care to read about. And now, commercials".
Man, you have a place in politics.

Now, back to topic, sleeping a man way through the boss lady is not so out od Elan mentality, in my opinion. But he would just do because it's a man trope, and not for the promotion itself.

Underground
2008-09-26, 07:31 AM
I wouldnt call losing your lover a happy ending.

Ron Miel
2008-09-26, 10:58 AM
I wouldnt call losing your lover a happy ending.

Paul Simon might disagree.