PDA

View Full Version : I can not update my Profile!

Master_of_arcania
2005-09-19, 07:40 PM
it does not work!!! i have tryed like 12 times and nothing happens!! i need help

Wukei
2005-09-19, 07:55 PM
You need to be a registered member, not a guest.

RawBearNYC
2005-09-19, 10:37 PM
Wukei, please don't help here. Thanks.

Master_of_arcania, please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the following information:

[ ] I registered a new user on the message boards
-- if so, the username I used was [ ]

[ ] I received an e-mail telling me confirming my registration

The e-mail address I used in my registration is [ ]

Thank you.

Seerow
2005-09-24, 10:03 PM
Why is it bad for a knowledgable member to help out?

It's not her fault she's faster than all the mods here put together =\

Wukei
2005-09-25, 11:24 AM
Seerow, please drop it. I was told the reason why, it's all good. Just let it chill, k?

Seerow
2005-09-26, 08:43 AM
Why is it then? The only thing I can think of is the 'vigilante moderator' thing they have at the top of each forum.

But that covers a person seeing a minor infraction in a topic, and pointing it out, when that would be the mods job, not a member going into a thread and offering help first.

Honestly, if you're going to have the kind of policy where a normal member can't help, you may as well set this forum to Members can make topics, but nobody can reply except mods.

RawBearNYC
2005-09-26, 09:40 AM
My issue with Wukei's attempt to help had nothing to do with the fact that she was faster than me. My issue is that Wukei (nor anyone else) doesn't have any idea what problems happen on this message board server side. I'm aware of an open issue with the board software, and I needed to get more information from Master_of_Arcania to understand if his posting as a Guest was the cause of his problem or a symptom. My guess was that it was a symptom.

Frankly, I would rather that the community not try to help on tech support questions. As for setting the forum to only allow moderator replies, well, that's not possible, and there are other, non-tech support threads that I'm happy to have others reply to.