PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bock-Booock!!! The Demon Lord of Chickens. (can someone more literate help me?)

newbDM
2008-09-24, 06:24 AM
Yup, that's right. The Demon Lord of Chickens. I have had this idea stuck in my head for a few weeks now, and apparently it is not going to leave me alone unless I get it down on paper.

The problem is, although I often come up with lots of ideas and "scenes", I have no skill for describing them in words. My writing major brother got those genes. :smallannoyed:

I currently have a scene in my head I would like to properly describe to my players when they eventually come across this being, but I am unable to make it sound interesting/"epic"/humorous.

If I were to note down the scene I am picturing, can someone skilled at this please help me put it together?

Khanderas
2008-09-24, 06:39 AM
Madre de dios, es el Pollo Diablo! /Monkey Island

Seriously this guy needs a frightful aura like dragons. I am not sure what you want us to do though, stat him out or describe him... using your idea of how it is ?

If I were to note down the scene I am picturing, can someone skilled at this please help me put it together?
Please do describe it. Either someone will do it, or several. Or it will be gently ignored and in that case you lost nothing. So write your scene so we get something to start with.

Adumbration
2008-09-24, 07:21 AM
"We must sacrifice to appease our demon chicken masters!"

Seriously, this is weird. Some five years ago, a friend of mine said that in cooking class, when we were making chicken. Some while ago, when we started playing DnD, he was planning to make a demon chicken with a petrifying gaze, something along the lines of a cockatrice.

Sinfire Titan
2008-09-24, 07:52 AM
Link's greatest enemy...

JeminiZero
2008-09-24, 08:47 AM
I am reminded of the endless hordes of Exploding Undead Chickens (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4518275#post4518275) (scroll down a bit for explanation)

But yeah, you can ask for description help, and we may throw out a few ideas.

hamishspence
2008-09-24, 08:58 AM
I imagined Kringus: Demon Prince of Christmas Trees. But Pazuzu (effectively Demon Prince of Birds) could have a subordinate.

Miraqariftsky
2008-09-24, 02:29 PM
My little bit of help for the jolly ol' OP.

The heroes stride through the old slaughterhouse, their footfalls disturbing the dust of that demense of death. The floor and walls tell tales of terror, thousands of last testimonies written in blood-spatters in a language unreadable yet felt through the very marrow of any wholesome being.

Rusted meat-hooks and corroded bars of once-cruel stalls hang and stand as they always have. A stray gust of wind blows some idle flies away from a spot of blood.

From the gutter there comes a gurgling. Dried, long-stale blood cracks apart from the masonry and begins to float above the ground in a sanguine swarm.

Ashes flow from a long-cold incinerator and emerge from the mouths of ethereal sacks. Bones and feathers now formed into hard and jagged shards drift on an intangible breeze.

A clucking comes from nowhere... and everywhere. There whirs something through the air, something cracks like thunder, shatters like glass, gurgles and gushes and drips... and drips... again and again these horrid sounds of slaughter assail the heroes' ears that know not the blessing of deafness.

Featherless and raw, something emerges from the depths of darkness, from the deepest shadows of that slaughterhouse. Half-burnt, half-shredded, the spine cruelly twisted, the slit throat still bleeding, the head missing... a chicken comes...

Hot blood suddenly bursts into the heroes' faces, scalding them like acid. When their eyes open again, it is to see a hundred heads floating in the air, their dead eyes alight with unholy flames, their yellow beaks craving vengeance...

Intestines swarm from out of thin air, whipping through their now-fear soaked breaths. The entrails wrap about their limbs and invade their orifices, binding them tight...

Blood steaming, stinking rises from the very stones of that horrid house. Their footing becomes unsteady in a trice and they fall... fall... fall... to a chorus of clucking and cooing...

A certain severed esophagus works open and shut like a grisly mouth. Words of the Abyss pour forth in a declaration of revenge... "For too long you have fed off my kind. You slaughter us without paying us homage, without giving thanks for the sacrifice of our blood. You eat but a little and discard the rest like so much offal. Now suffer as we have suffered. Feel our pain. You think the Hells are bad? The life we lived was WORSE! Purposeless except to die for you thankless bastards!"

newbDM
2008-09-25, 10:32 AM
I am reminded of the endless hordes of Exploding Undead Chickens (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4518275#post4518275) (scroll down a bit for explanation)

But yeah, you can ask for description help, and we may throw out a few ideas.

Madre de dios, es el Pollo Diablo! /Monkey Island

Seriously this guy needs a frightful aura like dragons. I am not sure what you want us to do though, stat him out or describe him... using your idea of how it is ?

Please do describe it. Either someone will do it, or several. Or it will be gently ignored and in that case you lost nothing. So write your scene so we get something to start with.

Much appreciated guys. :smallsmile:

Well, here goes my attempt at describing her.

Some background/ideas about her:

Bock-Booock!!! is the demon lord of all chickens.
Her title is...(damn, haven't been able to think of one. Been looking over the titles of other (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_lord_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Known_demon_lord s) demon lords, but nothing coming to mind so far. Anyone got some ideas?).
Her concerns are: Making the humanoid races suffer for the crimes committed against her race/children, Eternal torture and torment of those who harmed chickenkind in life, Overseeing chickenkind's rise as the dominant race in the multiverse.
She rules over layer 321 of the Abyss: The Deep Fryer of Men.
Her true form is that of a colossal sized chicken, with deep-black fathers which reek of brimstone, enormous hooked talons, and eyes that burn with an intense fiery red glow which could send shivers down the spines of the mightiest heroes.
Bock-Booock!!! detests all things not of chick origin, but especially despises the humanoid races for their crimes against her children and the enslavement of chickenkind. She plots endlessly against these "inferior" creatures.
She regularly sends forth legions of her elite feathered demon soldiers (see below) throughout the planes on missions to free their brethren, while at the same time bringing back prisoners to torment and punish.
Aside from her poultry minions, Bock-Boocks!!!'s only ally in the abyss is Pazuzu. Although not affected by his Aura of Servile Avians (chickens are flightless birds), she still feels a form of kinship to the Prince of the Lower Aerial Kingdoms.
Besides Pazuzu, Bock-Booock!!! considers all the other demon lords and powers of the abyss her natural enemies. For you see, although Bock-Booock!!! is a demon lord of significant power, she is convinced that they desire nothing more than to have her plucked and served at their table.
Not surprisingly, there might be some merit to her paranoia. According to ancient legends, her flesh is said to be the single most succulent and delicious substance in all of the multiverse. It is said that a single bite into one of her drumsticks will drive an individual into a trance-like state of unmatched pleasure, delight, arousal, and pure ecstasy (a Will save with a DC well into the 40s/50s). However, these rumors remain unconfirmed, for no one foolish enough to have attempted this still lives. But regardless, she would truly make for a feast worthy of the gods themselves.

Layer 321: The Deep Fryer of Men, and Bock-Booock!!!'s dark clutch:

For her layer of the abyss I envision slightly dark, but a bit more... humorous, light-hearted maybe? Have any of you evr played the original Disgaea? I know that this is a strange connection, but whenever I picture this Disgaea keeps coming to mind.
I even picture the chicken demons/minions as if they were sprites in that game, or in a similar Strategy RPG like FF Tactics. You know, marching in place and such. However, these monsters definitely have a Disgaea darkish feel. I think I get a lot of this inspiration from the Prinnies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinny) actually.
I even want to stat out all the demons from her realm/layer as identical chickens with pitchforks, that have different colors (like in RPG pallet changes) depending on their rank (which also represents their power levels). Again, a lot like the Disgaea Prinnies, or the Modron.
Like the Modron and the Prinnies, there will be exponentially fewer of each color/level. The second highest level will be the Red level (I am thinking of calling them "Level VI Chickens" as a fomage to 1ed D&D), which will consist of only four. (I want to make the Level VI/Reds equal to Balors, so if you experienced homebrewers have any ideas please go to the thread I will make in the Homebrew board.)
And like the Modron and Prinnies, the final level will be their "God" version (Bock-Booock!!! in this case).
However, Bock-Booock!!! will be the only chicken of bigger size. All the rest, even the balor level ones, will still be tiny (or maybe small?) sized. They will all still look exactly the same with their little pitchforks, except for their pallet changes.
I imagine layer 321 resembling the classic Christian/Jewish hell. Dark rock and brimstone everywhere, lava pools everywhere, bursts of fire randomly gushing all around, etc, etc, etc.
In addition, everywhere there will be chickens tormenting (or "punishing" as they think of it) people/humanoids/sentient creatures. However, even this is done slightly comical. Aside from individuals buried or chained up being eternally pecked by chickens (I'd imagine more annoying than painful...), you'll have people locked up in chicken coop-like cages with chickens throwing corn and rice at them for laughs, and huge fast food restaurant-like deep fryers which chickens with pitchforks use to show humanoids "how it feels".
I also imagine Bock-Boooock!!!'s personal area being at the center of her realm. Here she will rest atop her colossal sized "nest" made out of brimstone and bones/skeletons, in the center of a spacious dome like area. All around, and on the rocky ledges of the dome people are getting pecked, tortured, and fried. The four Level VIs/Reds are marching in place (again Strategy RPG style) around Bock-Booock!!!, with maybe eight of the levels Vs (I think I'll make them blue) marching in formation around the Reds, and perhaps twice as many of the level IVs marching around them.
Oh course when I finally run this I will be playing some approrpiate music from an RPG while describing this.

Here are my little demon chicks:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/sc001d60cf.jpg

Wow...

Sorry for the big rant there guys. I guess I just really wanted to get this written down before I lost it.

As you can see, I can only really jot things like this as notes. I don't know how to make it sound so flavorful and "epic" as good DMs can. Hence why I was hoping you could help me this one time.

I am not even sure how to introduce this scene. At first I was thinking a panoramic shot starting from the top of the dome, down past the ledges and things/tortures happening on them, continuing until you get a shot of the the whole cavern and Bock-Booock!!! sitting there on her nest and then going down to the marching minions around her?

Either way, thank you all for your time and help!

If you actually read all that crap, thanks even more.

p.s. Anyone think the name of the layer needs more work? Maybe it needs a tweak or something?

p.s.2. Anyone know a good title for this demon lord?

Here are the Titles, Concerns, and Layer names of the real demon lords in case you want to compare:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_lord_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Known_demon_lord s

p.s.3. Do you guys think anything needs work? I'd like to hear any and all ideas, opinions, advice, critiques, etc you may have. Good or bad. As an unexperienced DM it would only help me learn and improve at such things. And making a whole demon lord and abyssal layer is something very new to me.

Link's greatest enemy...

LoL. That was one of my inspirations. :smallbiggrin:

I actually plan to make a swarm of chickens attack a PC the next time one tries to off a chicken with his word/weapon

newbDM
2008-09-25, 10:38 AM
My little bit of help for the jolly ol' OP.

The heroes stride through the old slaughterhouse, their footfalls disturbing the dust of that demense of death. The floor and walls tell tales of terror, thousands of last testimonies written in blood-spatters in a language unreadable yet felt through the very marrow of any wholesome being.

Rusted meat-hooks and corroded bars of once-cruel stalls hang and stand as they always have. A stray gust of wind blows some idle flies away from a spot of blood.

From the gutter there comes a gurgling. Dried, long-stale blood cracks apart from the masonry and begins to float above the ground in a sanguine swarm.

Ashes flow from a long-cold incinerator and emerge from the mouths of ethereal sacks. Bones and feathers now formed into hard and jagged shards drift on an intangible breeze.

A clucking comes from nowhere... and everywhere. There whirs something through the air, something cracks like thunder, shatters like glass, gurgles and gushes and drips... and drips... again and again these horrid sounds of slaughter assail the heroes' ears that know not the blessing of deafness.

Featherless and raw, something emerges from the depths of darkness, from the deepest shadows of that slaughterhouse. Half-burnt, half-shredded, the spine cruelly twisted, the slit throat still bleeding, the head missing... a chicken comes...

Hot blood suddenly bursts into the heroes' faces, scalding them like acid. When their eyes open again, it is to see a hundred heads floating in the air, their dead eyes alight with unholy flames, their yellow beaks craving vengeance...

Intestines swarm from out of thin air, whipping through their now-fear soaked breaths. The entrails wrap about their limbs and invade their orifices, binding them tight...

Blood steaming, stinking rises from the very stones of that horrid house. Their footing becomes unsteady in a trice and they fall... fall... fall... to a chorus of clucking and cooing...

A certain severed esophagus works open and shut like a grisly mouth. Words of the Abyss pour forth in a declaration of revenge... "For too long you have fed off my kind. You slaughter us without paying us homage, without giving thanks for the sacrifice of our blood. You eat but a little and discard the rest like so much offal. Now suffer as we have suffered. Feel our pain. You think the Hells are bad? The life we lived was WORSE! Purposeless except to die for you thankless bastards!"

Dude, that is pretty awesome.

Can I please use this? I think that this would make for a great way to introduce the group to Bock-Booock!!!, while still keeping them on their home Material Plane/World.

Plus, I just love the idea of them having to exercise a local butcher shop or something from chickens! :smallbiggrin:

JeminiZero
2008-09-25, 11:12 AM
p.s.2. Anyone know a good title for this demon lord?

Just throwing out ideas here:

-She who Clucks
-The Hegemonic Hen (from Hell)
-Fowl Queen of Vengeance
-Lady of the Flightless

KillianHawkeye
2008-09-25, 11:27 AM
The entrails wrap about their limbs and invade their orifices, binding them tight...

Was that really necessary??

Bock-Booock!!! is the demon lord of all chickens.
Her title is...(damn, haven't been able to think of one. Been looking over the titles of other (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_lord_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)#Known_demon_lord s) demon lords, but nothing coming to mind so far. Anyone got some ideas?).

Anyone know a good title for this demon lord?

Such as The Lord of All Chickens???

Layer 321: The Deep Fryer of Men

Anyone think the name of the layer needs more work?

How about The Deep Fryer... of DOOM!!!?

AstralFire
2008-09-25, 03:13 PM
http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=820859

Is, perhaps, the Demon Lord a refugee from Bukbuk, Lord of the Wings?

newbDM
2008-09-25, 06:17 PM

Maybe not, but it made it more interesting.

Such as The Lord of All Chickens??[/b]?

Well, I was hoping for some more cool and intelligently done like the other demon lords have. This sounded too much like a description instead of a fearsome title.

Sounds cool, but not the kind of cool I am looking for in this case. Just sounds a bit too unserious or something I guess.

Thank you for the help, though!

Just throwing out ideas here:

-She who Clucks
<snip>

They were all great, but dude that one is awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Thank you so much. I freaking love it.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=820859

Is, perhaps, the Demon Lord a refugee from Bukbuk, Lord of the Wings?

No, but that is pretty neat.

Now I need to find that Dragon Issue. I think I will make it a curse or something. :smallamused:

Rei_Jin
2008-09-25, 06:21 PM
For her stats, I'd start with the ones for the Hellfire Wyrm and adjust them how you like. The idea of a chicken that breaths Hellfire is hilarious.

newbDM
2008-09-25, 08:49 PM
For her stats, I'd start with the ones for the Hellfire Wyrm and adjust them how you like. The idea of a chicken that breaths Hellfire is hilarious.

Well, I am a long way from needing to stat her up.

I am also a believer (at least for may games/setting) that gods are not statable. Like it said in Deities & Demigods, you have the options of that "stats" provided being only it's avatar if you feel gods should be beyond such things. However, I am not too sure on my position concerning Demon Lords. They are supposedly a threat (although much weaker) to the gods, so I am not sure if they would fall under the statable level or the "beyond such things" level.

Then again, yes, the idea of a chicken breathing helfire is an extremely fun and hilarious idea. I am going to make it so regardless now. Makes me hope the PCs will be stupid/foolish enough to approach her and tick her off. :smallbiggrin:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I just made a thread on the Homebrew board asking for help stating up my demonic chicken legion (see link below). If anyone would like to help it will be extremely appreciated!

Link to thread:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92025

I also found some images on the net which are somewhat fitting to all this.

An ancient depiction of Bock-Booock!!!:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/chicken_is_god_by_jokersmile32.jpg

A funny possibility of how Bock-Booock!!! came to be?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Jesus_Thunderbolting_a_Chicken_by_B.jpg

The ultimate goal of all chickens in my multiverse!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/CHICKEN_WILL_REIGN_SUPREME_by_Heart.jpg

Miraqariftsky
2008-09-26, 08:28 AM
Dude, that is pretty awesome.

Can I please use this? I think that this would make for a great way to introduce the group to Bock-Booock!!!, while still keeping them on their home Material Plane/World.

Plus, I just love the idea of them having to exercise a local butcher shop or something from chickens! :smallbiggrin:

Of course. Jolly well go ahead, ol' chap. Thanks for appreciating my art and I am glad to help!

jcsw
2008-09-26, 08:38 AM

Such as The Lord of All Chickens???

1. The fowl/foul mistress? (Depends how obvious you want your pun to be)

2. The Endless Pits of Oil?

newbDM
2008-09-26, 03:48 PM
Damn, what a coincidence. I just got back home, and I see this on my kitchen counter.

And I have never seen this bought in my household before in my life...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/DSCN1694.jpg

Those fingers, those nails...that skin...those freaking arteries...it is really freaking me out. :smalleek:

1. The fowl/foul mistress? (Depends how obvious you want your pun to be)

Hmm. Nice. I will still go with She-Who-Clucks, but I will use this as the name Elves and Dwarves in my multiverse know her by. I think I will get a lot of use from her.

Thanks!

2. The Endless Pits of Oil?

Pretty good. I'll think about this one for a bit.

AstralFire
2008-09-26, 04:10 PM
...I've heard of pig's feet... I like tripe and chitterlins... but... CHICKEN FEET?!

AslanCross
2008-09-26, 06:12 PM
...I've heard of pig's feet... I like tripe and chitterlins... but... CHICKEN FEET?!

Chicken feet are used a lot in Asian cuisine (especially in the southern part of China, I think.)

In the Philippines, the slang for chicken feet sold on the street is "Adidas."

And no, I don't eat it. I can't stand the feeling of cartilage when some of it is accidentally included in my chicken sandwiches. :(

Anyway, other titles for your demon lord:

-The Unfryable
-The Horrid Cry of Dawn (though this would work more if it were a rooster)
-The Flightless Flayer (Yeah, chickens can "fly," but they aren't really known for it.)

AstralFire
2008-09-26, 06:13 PM
Chicken feet are used a lot in Asian cuisine (especially in the southern part of China, I think.)

In the Philippines, the slang for chicken feet sold on the street is "Adidas."

And no, I don't eat it. I can't stand the feeling of cartilage when some of it is accidentally included in my chicken sandwiches. :(

Anyway, other titles for your demon lord:

-The Unfryable
-The Horrid Cry of Dawn (though this would work more if it were a rooster)
-The Flightless Flayer (Yeah, chickens can "fly," but they aren't really known for it.)

I'm Korean and I've never even heard of eating chicken talons. Ugh...

AslanCross
2008-09-26, 11:13 PM
I'm Korean and I've never even heard of eating chicken talons. Ugh...

You're not the only one who doesn't like them.

Anyway, Bock-Booooooock should have an adversary. He's an archon of sustenance named The Colonel. He prefers to appear as a distinguished old gentleman in a white suit.

Pie Guy
2008-09-26, 11:18 PM
Meh. chicken just arent that good. And I like cow head.(Mexican. Very delicious)

newbDM
2008-10-05, 03:10 PM
So...any good writers out there to help with the original request?

newbDM
2008-10-08, 07:03 AM

sigurd
2008-10-08, 08:52 AM
Perhaps if you give some more information about what you want.

Is it for a modern game? A swashbuckling game? A Tolkienesque game?

Do you want the description for a monster entry?

A plausible background? A funny background?

If you are clear about what you want someone might try to help you. Without a clear target people might not venture the effort.

Sigurd

newbDM
2008-10-12, 12:03 AM

newbDM
2008-10-13, 01:33 PM
Perhaps if you give some more information about what you want.

Is it for a modern game? A swashbuckling game? A Tolkienesque game?

Do you want the description for a monster entry?

A plausible background? A funny background?

If you are clear about what you want someone might try to help you. Without a clear target people might not venture the effort.

Sigurd

I haven't done that?

Hurlbut
2008-10-13, 02:38 PM
Maybe not, but it made it more interesting.Interesting? I call "invading your nostrills, your ears, your mouth, and your bottom hole" more than merely interesting...