PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Crossover.

kkortekaas
2008-09-24, 07:07 AM
Hey folks,
I'm likely going to be running a Stargate game in a month or two, and I've got an idea that I'm not sure how I'd implement.

Basically I want to implement some stuff from the Star Wars universe into my Stargate game (it's all d20 so it should work....I think)

I'm thinking a couple of the races, as well as the jedi mechanics.

My question is this, would I be better off migrating the SAGA ruleset or should I be using the older Revised Ruleset (the stuff that was released around the launch of D&D 3rd Edition)

Also, do you think I should straight port the races, or assign various macro / micro specialties and such
- Looking to migrate Wookies, Mon Cals & Bothans for sure

Krrth
2008-09-24, 09:04 AM
You should probably convert to your core ruleset. I'd go with the earlier version.

kkortekaas
2008-09-24, 09:12 AM
Any ideas on how I could incorporate the Force? I was thinking of explaining it away as some sort of genetic mutation or something.

Krrth
2008-09-24, 09:28 AM
Any ideas on how I could incorporate the Force? I was thinking of explaining it away as some sort of genetic mutation or something.

That depends. I'm assuming you are using the Spycraft d20 Stargate rules. If that is the case, it's easy. The force is simply an advanced human close to Ascension using those powers. It even fits with turning into an energy being after death.

kkortekaas
2008-09-24, 10:44 AM
I'm not sure which version of Spycraft is in the 5 or so books for the Stargate RPG, but whichever it is, that's what I'm using.

Krrth
2008-09-24, 11:32 AM
You should be good to go then. You just have to come up with speciaties and run with it.

The Bushranger
2008-09-24, 11:54 AM
Hmm. I don't have any of the books, but this sounds very interesting...

Krrth
2008-09-24, 12:14 PM
It can be. I ran a crossover using Star Wars/Stargate/various others for a while. You have to make a lot of on the fly decisions though. The systems are around 95% compatable, but problems do crop up.

kkortekaas
2008-09-24, 12:14 PM
Any insight / ideas whatever would be helpful.

Krrth
2008-09-24, 12:19 PM
Any insight / ideas whatever would be helpful.

Going by what I remember, the biggest thing ou may have a problem with is how the different parts of the game systems interact. For example, Star Wars assumes easy access to star ships. Star Gate does not. In my case it got worse, because we threw Farscape and Gamma World in as well. We ended up converting anything that conflicted to D20 Future, and otherwise letting each systems special rules work for characters from that system.

kkortekaas
2008-09-26, 07:05 AM
If anyone can add anything additional that'd be fantastic, as this thread was mostly Krrth and I trading info and having additional insight would be helpful.