PDA

View Full Version : R/C ITp

Ilena
2008-09-24, 12:27 PM
Hello, i was wondering who does R/C stuff here, and i figured id post a topic for everyone to post and share stuff on,

myself im just getting into it, ive got a dream to make a small boat rc, well not really aboat but build a ship about 10 - 15 feet long (yes i know its big thats why i said boat) and built from steel or alum, and so im in the long and lengthy research and development stage, i know a project like that would take along time and alot of money, but i think it would be fun to make, if i ever get it past the R&D stage and accually start collecting parts and begin construction ill definately post and let you all know, right now ive been tossing the idea around in my head for months, im just starting to copy it down into paint (basic basic basic plan to jot down ideas :P) any suggestions would be great and so forth, and calling me crazy just makes me happy :P, one thing is, money for this project is no matter, as i know its going to cost well over a few thousand dollers to do im sure,

anyway so far that ive got that i would like to include are

Ze list -

- engines and rudder control in the rear,
- most likely im going to use electric power, i have slotted 4 sets of batterys spread throughout the ship for stability
- main radio control and 2 secondary controls just incase (this thing will cost alot of money, and simply losing it because control failed would suck ... and all 3 radio controls will be on seperate frequenzy and i hope to work it so the main one will pick up and control and if the other ones detect that the main one isnt working they will turn on, turning it off, and they are going to have the longest range i can find)
- 1 possibly 2 video camras (one on the bow and if i can work it 1 underneath)
- 2 sets of pumps incase bad stuff happens and water gets in
- and 3 boeys incase it does go down it can be retreived, they would be somewhat large, and be connected to the ship via cable most likely
- one thing i just thought of was putting a fish finder on that gives me current depth below the hull, give me an idea if im going to hit something

this is just a list of ideas and a project i would love to work on and make, if anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them, and if anyone else has any projects or such that they wish to post or share feel free, this is for everyone!