PDA

View Full Version : Rorschach as a character

Calinero
2008-09-24, 01:41 PM
A friend of mine is planning on soon running a zombie game set in the pulp era, using the All Flesh Must Be Eaten system. We will be creating pulp characters, whose main purpose is to be epic. I was thinking of how I could make an interesting, awesome character to put in the game, and then yesterday I read Watchmen for the first time. Epic. Then, I thought about Rorschach.

How would you make Rorschach into an All Flesh character? Obviously, he would have high points in Intimidate and Interrogation. If there's a skill for Improvised Weapons, that too. He would have poor social skills, at least some sort of mental/social Drawback. Probably several. Very good Dex and Int. Probably good Str and Con as well. Hard To Kill would be one of his Qualities, definitely. Other than that, any ideas?

AKA_Bait
2008-09-24, 01:48 PM
Well, I'd think high Int, high Wis, if there's a skill for psychoanalisys and painting go with that too.

Or... perhaps you aren't thinking of Hermann Rorschach ?

hamlet
2008-09-24, 02:06 PM
Well, I'd think high Int, high Wis, if there's a skill for psychoanalisys and painting go with that too.

Be careful, your nerd credentials are showing.

Calinero
2008-09-24, 02:36 PM
Heh....very nice, Bait. Should have seen that response coming.

BardicDuelist
2008-09-24, 08:35 PM

No offense, but this would have been much cleverer had the OP not specifically referred to Watchmen in his post.

Albub
2008-09-24, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I have to agree the effect would have been far greater had he not mentioned the novel. It is impressive that you know where Rorsach's name comes from. I know I didn't.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-09-24, 08:43 PM
I was confuzzled too...

Calinero
2008-09-24, 08:46 PM
lol. I love the internet, where threads can become more about a joke about the thread than the actual thread itself.

I thought it was a mildly amusing joke. *shrugs*

Satyr
2008-09-25, 03:52 AM
How would you make Rorschach into an All Flesh character?
Abilities:
good physical abilities (I would go for all 4's), Intelligence 3 (above average, but not a true genius), Perception and Will 4 (perhaps even Will 5; he rather dies than giving up his beliefs)

Qualities:
Fast reaction time, Situaltional Awareness, Nerves of Steel. Perhaps one or two levels of hard to kill, Resitstance (Fatigue) is also quite likely.

Drawbacks:
Where to begin? Rorschach is delusional, paranoid, sufffers from severe emotional problems, has a major code of honor and at least minor cruelty. He is unattractive (at least -2) and has both a low status and low ressources.
I thik you couldn't create Rorschach without breaking the 10 point drawback limit.

Skills:
He is a cpmpetent brawler, with at least some Martial Arts training, I guess. He is also a competent detective with skils around 3 or 4 in Notice, Research, Stealth etc. Hhis by far highest skill is intimidation, perhaps even on 6. He has also basic knowledge in Psychology and had severasl minor jobs with the asociated skills - e.g. at least tayloring on 2.