PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Channel Divinity: Vecna

Nad
2008-09-24, 02:27 PM
Hi gang.

I'm thinking of playing a cleric of Vecna in our up and coming game and I'm trying to think of a channel divinity feat to present to our DM.

Any suggestions?

JMobius
2008-09-24, 02:30 PM
If I'm understanding correctly, what about something akin to the Visage of the Deity spell?

Nad
2008-09-24, 02:33 PM
If I'm understanding correctly, what about something akin to the Visage of the Deity spell?

I'm not familiar with it.

Just in case we're not on the same page, this is in reference to the 4e PHB Channel Divinity feats.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-09-24, 02:34 PM
Probably something Necromatic... how about an Encounter Power that spends a healing surge to get +2 to a Skill Check (or just a Knowledge Check).

Or you can make it a minor attack on a Crit (like whoever gets crit'd suffers a fear effect which makes them -2 to hit the Vecna-ite until the end of their next turn?)

Nad
2008-09-24, 02:36 PM
I was thinking something along the lines of secrets or necromancy.

I was toying with the idea of a "reverse" healing surge. You spend it but instead you release a burst of necrotic energy or something?

Starsinger
2008-09-24, 02:38 PM
Channel Divinity: Dark Knowledge
The lord of secrets whispers occult information in your ear.
Encounter * Divine
Free Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature in range
Effect: Make the appropriate skill check to discover information about the creature. If you succeed you also gain knowledge of the creature's vulnerabilities, and once before the end of the encounter you may grant combat advantage to a single ally against the target until the end of your next turn.
Special: You must worship Vecna

That good?

JMobius
2008-09-24, 02:38 PM
Totally wrong page. Sorry! :smallredface:

Nad
2008-09-24, 02:41 PM
Impressive Starsinger! Thank you!

Kurald Galain
2008-09-24, 04:15 PM
A bunch of homebrew divinity feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91468), perhaps there's something suitable there?

MartinHarper
2008-09-24, 04:25 PM
I like Starsinger's idea, but I kinda want the information gained to be secretive, rather than used to benefit other party members.

Channel Divinity: Dark Secrets
You gain secret knowledge that you are bound against passing on.
Encounter * Divine
Minor Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature in range
Effect: The DM tells you a fact about this creature that nobody in the party knows. You gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the target creature. You are unable to share this fact with anyone else.
Special: You must worship Vecna.

Kurald Galain
2008-09-24, 05:19 PM
The DM tells you a fact about this creature that nobody in the party knows. You gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the target creature.

That fluff doesn't really match that crunch well. Strikes me as a lot more Vecna'ish to use the secret knowledge to manipulate the critter, rather than hitting him marginally better once and then forgetting the knowledge entirely.

Starbuck_II
2008-09-24, 05:24 PM
That fluff doesn't really match that crunch well. Strikes me as a lot more Vecna'ish to use the secret knowledge to manipulate the critter, rather than hitting him marginally better once and then forgetting the knowledge entirely.

Once per encounter, you can use your knowledge to declare an attack that hit you to miss?

Kurald Galain
2008-09-24, 06:01 PM
Once per encounter, you can use your knowledge to declare an attack that hit you to miss?

For instance. Or, once per encounter gain a +X bonus to an intimidate check - you can use those to cause bloodied opponents to surrender in cowering fear, that would seem fitting :smallbiggrin: