PDA

View Full Version : The Estingalian Defenders (Undead Rampage)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-24, 04:28 PM
Your journey takes you all to the front gates of the Kingdom. You have nothing with you but any equipment you may have had on-hand and each a flyer ripped off the walls. There are two guards both armed in armor and halberds. They look at you suspiciously, seeing as this was war time, and generally you don't get many people walking up on your doorstep.

((Please introduce yourselves etc. and state what your going to do.:smallsmile:))

ColonelFuster
2008-09-24, 04:37 PM
A deep bow and an echoing voice greet the guards from the mysteriously visored swordsmaster. "Hail, friends of justice. Mayhap though will grant us entry to thine castle?"

shaddy_24
2008-09-24, 04:46 PM
Carlose

The armored dwarf snorts when the visored man speaks. Such fancy words and movements. He's over-doing it. Stepping forward, he presents his paper to one of the guards. "We've come to answer the call to arms on this flyer."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-24, 05:54 PM
The guards look at Carlose suspiciously...

Hmm, we were told no to let anybody in to make sure they're not anyone from Ungredon. says the guard to the right.

Yeah, sorry but were going to need more proof. says the other guard.

Suddenly, a voice erupts from behind the guards.

Nonesense! They're not undead are they?! Let them in! Anyone willing to help us out is welcome! Just wait for the others to arrive. We've been expecting you for a day or so it's fantastic you could make it here! I shall introduce myself once we are all gathered. The man before you is wearing brilliant, shiny armour, from the looks of it made of mithril, forged by the hands of the dwarves themselves. He is a cheerful man, with brown hair and brown eyes, but with a sword ly enough to strike down any undead in his path.

Ipphli
2008-09-24, 08:09 PM
Damek

Damek walks up to the gate casually, glancing about idly as he approached the gate. Once there, he nods briskly to the two guards. "Sargeant Damek Brede reporting for duty as ordered." He glances at the other two, then at the man apparently in charge. "This is where we report in to fight the Ungredons correct sir?"

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-24, 08:49 PM
The man turns to Damek.

Well you've come to the right place son. Been quite the scare around here. Been sending little sabotage groups every once and a while. Just trying to pick people off. Still don't know how they're gettin' in. We've searched the entire Kingdom multiple times, and we still haven't located any ways in other than the floor plans. So at the nights it's always a riot. You here people start screaming, begging for mercy. It's awful... His frown turns to an automatic smile. But now with you adventurers here we shouldn't have any more problems like that. I used to be one as well. But I'm older now and I've retired. As I might as well tell you now I'm the General of the Army. So how about an introduction of all of you's?

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-24, 09:10 PM
Na'Guri

Introduction? Come now, its only been 5 years General. This exclamation comes from the very big tiger-man behind the rest of the group. He wears a long black cape with an exquisite sheen ans a huge sword on his back. His long, strangely yellow hair, is tied back into a spiky ponytail with a cowlick or hair sticking out over his forehead. Tell me, how is General Aria doing? I haven't seen her since my trial.

shaddy_24
2008-09-24, 09:47 PM
Carlose

The dwarf mumbles into his beard for a second. This general seemed a little carefree for the leader of an army heavily overrun by the undead. He sighs though. People do tend to get... odd when in situations like this.

"I'm Carlose. I'm a bit of a librarian, though I have been granted spells through the divine powers." He nods to the general.

Ipphli
2008-09-24, 09:49 PM
Damek

Damek stands at attention and salutes. "Sargeant Damek Brede of the 31st Battalion, Ranger division, sir."

ColonelFuster
2008-09-24, 10:32 PM
I am Kass. The visor does not lift. No emotion is heard in the swordsman's voice.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-25, 01:12 AM
A somewhat gaudily-dressed female steps forward. She's small and thin, no taller than a halfling, and seems somehow even perkier than most of them.
Yowl, sir and might I say it is a pleasure to be here. Though, uh...not the circumstances, of course. Sorry sir. Didn't mean to imply...
She looks fairly abashed as she realizes she's rambling.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 04:05 PM
The General get's a look of shock on his face

N...Na...Na'Guri? NA'GURI! By the gods it has been too long! He looks sadly.I'm sorry Na'Guri... but she's been gone for quite a while. She left shortly after you, and I was given the rank as General until she came back. She's been gone for four years... said she was 'gonna be a couple 'o months. No one in this entire army knows what happened... And it's good to see some ranger's in the force. We haven't had many skilled archers since the last attack 16 years ago. And you... you....... cat..thing... no offence taken. It's a pleasure to have you here. My name as Na'Guri knows is Elthanhas Nailo, general of the Army... what time is it by the way? He looks up at the sky. DEAR GOD I'VE BEEN RAMBLING! It's almost eight! You were supposed to be seeing the Queen now! Oh by the god's follow me. This is VERY important and it slipped my mind! The gates open, and he walks through them, motioning for the party to follow.

Ipphli
2008-09-25, 08:01 PM
Damek

Damek glances at the others, offering them each a friendly nod before turning and following the general.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-25, 08:01 PM
Na'Guri follows the General into the city. As he does, his mind is wracked with nostalgia. Not much has changed. Wonder if Rolf still lives out here. It may be a pain having to crouch in his home constantly but his wife's roast was more than worth it.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 08:03 PM
Eventually, you come to a majestic looking castle. Inside, you see an older woman in long robes come scrambling up to the party.

Ohh thank heavens your here! Thank you ever so much for coming! You don't know how much this means to us, especially after the incident that just happened. I can't thank you enough!

ColonelFuster
2008-09-25, 08:05 PM
The visored face turns. "What 'just happened,' m'Lady?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-25, 08:06 PM
Na'Guri, as if driven by instinct, immediately places his fist against his chest and drops to one knee. It was my pleasure to come, your majesty.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-25, 08:08 PM
Suddenly serious, Yowl focuses on the woman.

What has happened? What do we need to do?

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 08:12 PM
She turns to the Paladin.

It's horrible Sir, just horrible. Some of our own troops decided they don't want to get killed by a bunch of mindless undead zombies. So they decided to take their leave. The problem is, they took our supplies with them! Including our last remaining food supplies! And our soldiers who are still here are starving and mad. Some are starting to think about leaving along with them, while we've already had three s. Those traitors must be punished. It was a group of about 30 or so of our strongest men. Took enough equipment to arm themselves as well. We've managed to track them down to the forest just south-west of the Kingdom, but none of our men want to go. Please! Help us get this back. Our soldiers spirits are already low enough, knowing we're outnumbered 3-1 please don't let them get any lower!

ColonelFuster
2008-09-25, 08:15 PM
"You. You're a ranger, aren't you? Why don't we track these soldiers?"

Ipphli
2008-09-25, 08:47 PM
Damek

Damek likewise kneels and puts a fist over his heart. He scowls as he hears about the desertion and thievery. At the paladin's words he focuses his scowl on the man. He turns his attention to the general and queen. "Fear not your majesty. I will track the scoundrels down and retrieve the supplies."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 09:03 PM
Ohh thank you! thank you SOO much! But you must hurry! They're invading tomorrow. They didn't even try and make it a secret the flat out told the world. They must feel pretty confident...

Ipphli
2008-09-25, 09:08 PM
Damek

Damek stands up and bows to the Queen, then to the General. "With your leave then, your majesty, sir, we should get going right away." He glances at the others. "You guys ready?"

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-25, 09:11 PM
Your majesty, if I may make one small request...

((Assuming shes lets me))
I would like to take along my sub... former subordinates.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-25, 09:16 PM
If it is possible, should we attempt to convince them to return to your service or imprison them? Or should we simply attack?

shaddy_24
2008-09-25, 10:29 PM
Carlose

The dwarf snorts again. "Traiters, cowards, and theives, the lot of them. Turning their backs on their honor and commitments as soon as things turn bad. They won't return, and imprisoning them will simply deplete the cities supplies to feed them. Killing them may be wasteful, but men like them deserve no better. In any dwarvan army, they'd be executed to a man if they were captured." He turns to the queen. "You're heighness, I'll do what ever I must to return your supplies and equipment." He offers a small bow.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-09-25, 10:45 PM
Then, as a more practical question...how many supplies, exactly, are we talking here?

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-26, 02:25 PM
Thank you all very much. And they took almost all the remaining food supplies. They packed it in multiple carriages and left, so we are also short about 10 horses.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-26, 05:01 PM
Na'Guri remains knelt in front the the queen hoping for an answer to his request.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-26, 08:57 PM
((I'm confused what you mean Pirate.:smalltongue: And yes anything in the double brackets is my OOC))

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 04:52 PM
Yes. You may bring whoever you may so wish to. As long as they agree to go along with it. Or if you can even find them. Please hurry, the assault is tomorrow, and it is already nightfall.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-27, 05:49 PM
Yes your majesty. Na'Guri leaves to go and find what has become of his former subordinates.

Biggs (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=83761)
Na'Guri walks up to the old home of Biggs and knocks on the door.

Wedge (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=83762)
Na'Guri enters the small hospital passing various sick and injured looking for his old comrade.

Kathrin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=83759)

After getting the proper authorization, Na'Guri goes to the capital's arcane library. Kathrin always was a bookworm.

((I'll get to work on statting them up now

Edit: Done :wink:))

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 07:55 PM
You talk with all three. All three are willing to come.

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-28, 04:41 PM
After Na'Guri's reunion with his old comrades, he gathers them at the gates the next morning to wait for the others.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-28, 04:59 PM
((Ok everyone state anything your doing or need to do before you leave. It's now 9 pm))

Ipphli
2008-09-28, 06:20 PM
Damek

Damek meets the others at the gate the next morning, having retired early and risen early. He nods to Na'Guri. He glances at his three companions, then back at the giant man-thing. "Friends of yours I take it?"

shaddy_24
2008-09-28, 06:58 PM
Carlose

Having spent some time reading about the surrounding countryside, the dwarf yawns as he joins the group again. "I'm up for the trip if the rest of you are."

Is it the same night? If not, I'll be adjusting my spell list a little for the day, since we won't be fighting undead.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-29, 02:35 PM
((Yes, it's the same night.))

BizzaroStormy
2008-09-30, 01:41 PM
Na'Guri turns and looks down at Damek. Much more than that.

Ipphli
2008-09-30, 11:16 PM
Damek

Damek shrugs. "Good enough for me. The more the merrier. Who's missing?" He glances around quickly.

shaddy_24
2008-10-02, 07:55 PM
Carlose

"Do we have any time to waste? We need to get moving as soon as we can. If there's anyone missing, they can catch up later." The dwarf frowns impatiently.

Can we get moving soon?

ColonelFuster
2008-10-02, 10:22 PM
The swordsman has barely moved since you got there, helping with the town guard's morale by doing weapon drills in a strange style.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-03, 03:25 PM
Assuming everybody is ready to move on, you get to the forest at about 10 pm. It is thickly covered in trees making it nearly pitch black.

shaddy_24
2008-10-03, 05:01 PM
Carlose

The dwarf looks around at the others. "We should track them down tonight, at least to find their position. But do we want to attack at night, when most of them will be asleep, or should we attack in the morning as they pack? Or do we want to negotiate? Either way, we need to be in an advantageous position. No matter how skilled we are, they outnumber us about six to one."

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-03, 05:06 PM
Yowl

We should probably attack at night. If nothing else, some of them will be out of armor and vulnerable. Would you like me to scout their camp first, though?

Ipphli
2008-10-03, 05:29 PM
Damek

Damek glances over at Yowl, then at the others. "I vote we attack at night. I'm pretty sure negotiation is out of the question. I will scout it out with you if you wish." He nods to Yowl.

shaddy_24
2008-10-03, 08:27 PM
Carlose

Grinning, the dwarf nods to the short woman and the ranger. "By all means. Find out how many guards they set, where the supplies are in relation to the sleepers and the guards. I have a few spells that may help you here." He pauses and thinks carefully. "There's one that will toughen your skin and protect you. I'd last about an hour. The other will increase your speed, but I'd only last about 5-6 minutes. Would you like either one cast?" He waits for the scouts to respond.

Offering Barkskin (+3 natural armor to AC) and Expeditious Retreat (+30 ft. to speed). Any takers?

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-03, 08:41 PM
Na'Guri bursts out with a big hearty laugh. HA HA! Outnumbered is my favorite kind of fight. But if we need someone to scout, look no further. Biggs here could sneak in, steal their skivvies, and be out long before they find out when they get a strong breeze.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-03, 09:55 PM
Yowl

If I get spotted, the armor probably won't matter, but that doesn't mean I won't take it. Beyond basic scouting, should we sabotage? Steal weapons, tie closed tent doors, that sort of thing.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-03, 11:18 PM
We should steal what we can in the night and if we arent caught, try to talk them into coming back the next morning. If they have a problem with that... [roll0] Na'Guri pulls a sword roughly 14 feet long and 1 foot and a half wide from his back. He twirls it around himself in a quick weapon drill meant more for showing off than fighting, the blackened steel gleaming in the moonlight.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-03, 11:40 PM
Yowl

I really think it would be safer to attack before it's light.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-03, 11:43 PM
How's about I just draw their attention while you sneaky types pick off random targets and stragglers? Just gotta make sure we don't kill them unless we have to.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 10:12 AM
Yea, I'd reccomend a night attack too. Seeing as Estingal is going to be invaded tomorrow.

shaddy_24
2008-10-04, 01:22 PM
Carlose

"Very well then." Chanting quietly, the dwarf places his hand on Yowl's shoulder. Her skin thickens and crackles, increasing her protection (+3 natural bonus to AC for 60 minutes). Turning to the others, he says, "I have a few more spells thay may be able to help us capture these men. I'll use them as the situation warrents."

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-04, 01:48 PM
Alright then. Na'Guri quickly gets to a high point on which to stand, waking the camp with an ear-piercing roar. Listen up maggots! You've all got two choices! Either you walk back to Estingal with me... He spins his sword around and points it at the mob. Or I drag you back!

[roll0]
Readied action to attack the first guy who shows hostility towards me.
Using Emerald Razor.
[roll1] +2 if I need to charge to get to him.
[roll2]

Ipphli
2008-10-04, 02:55 PM
Damek

Damek frowns at Na'Guri's actions and slips into the shadow, pulling out his bow and putting an arrow to string as he does so.

Hide [roll0]
Readied action to shoot the first man that charges Na'Guri

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 05:57 PM
Scared, the bandits look at Na'Guri, a look of horror on their faces. ((I decided you got the 20 you needed to intimidate them, just because of the big giant sword...)) One of the bandit pipes up.

Hey! Look! It's just one man! We easily outnumber him!
He and some of the bandits charge forwards. ((They don't notice the people on level ground)) Na'guri's blade narrowly misses the nearest bandit. ((Ipp, make your readied attack roll.))

Initiative:
Damek-[roll0]
Carlose-[roll1]
Na'Guri-[roll2]
Kass-[roll3]
Yowl[roll4]
Bandits[roll5]
Leader Bandit[roll6]

The forest clearing is 60' wide x 70' deep

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|b|b|_|b|B|B|b|b|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| b=bandits
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=stronger bandits
|_|b|b|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=bandit leader
|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| N=Na'guri
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| Y=Yowl
|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| C=Carlose
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| D=Damek
|_|_|_|_|b|_|_|B|_|_|_|_| K=Kass
|_|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|B|b|b|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_| Na'guri is on 5ft high ground +1 AC
|_|D|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_| Damek off to the side in hiding
|_|_|_|_|C|_|Y|_|_|_|_|_|

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 06:02 PM
Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

One bandit takes a swing at Na'Guri
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]
The bandits swing goes well infront of Na'Guri's feet.

Action goes to Na'Guri, none of the other bandits could make an attack

|_|_|_|_|B|b|b|_|_|_|_|_|

Ipphli
2008-10-04, 06:25 PM
Damek takes a bead on the brave bandit that spoke up and attacked Na'Guri and fired.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1] [roll2]

I can never get the board roller to add up two different kinds of dice, so rolled it that way.

EDIT: A 1?! On the first roll of the game? Are you kidding me?

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-04, 06:28 PM
Na'Guri brings his massive blade around and swings into the stronger looking bandit.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Keep in mind that I have great cleave so I'll continue through if I drop the first guy. Also keep in mind that Na'Guri is large sized.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 07:30 PM
Damek's arrow goes WELL wide of the anticipated target. The bandits are now notified of his position. Na'Guri's blade smacks blunt end into the bandits face. With a sickening snap ((Just a broken jaw)) he goes down in a heap. Cleave away my friend.

The leader bandit with his bow out picks two shots out at Na'Guri. No AC bonus to the shots.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Dmg.[roll2]
[roll3]

One shot zings wide of Na'Guri while the other goes just above his shoulder.

Action goes to Carlose

|_|_|_|_|_|b|b|_|_|_|_|_|

shaddy_24
2008-10-04, 07:45 PM
Carlose

"Ok then, we're trying the non-lethal rout."

Chanting another spell, he aims it at the leader of the bandits.

Casting hold person on the bandit leader. He gets to make a DC 16 Will save or be paralyzed for 12 rounds. He gets a will save at the start of each round to throw off the effect. It's a full round action to throw it off.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-04, 07:56 PM
Cleave

((What do you mean by no AC bonus?))

[roll0]
[roll1]

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-04, 07:58 PM
As Yowl begins to sing a jaunty tune, her allies feel their spirits lift and their bodies move more freely. Standard Action Inspire Courage, Swift Action cast Inspirational Boost, and if it's possible to get to high ground while staying behind my allies line, do so. Everyone gets +3 to attacks, damage, and saves v fear.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 08:22 PM
Leader's Will save to throw it off: [roll0] The leader is stuck in place, flat footed AC. ((Thanks a lot shaddy, he was supposed to be a challenge!:smalltongue::smallfrown:))
Na'Guri's blade connects with a sickening smack, making the next bandit collapse as well. ((Pirate, next time just roll for how many people are around you. Because now you have to roll AGAIN! for your great cleave:smalltongue: And I mean for being 5 feet higher than the people in front of you I'm giving you a +1 AC bonus for a height advantage. But since he was you with a bow you didn't get any AC bonus.))

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|_|_|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_|

Action goes to Kass

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-04, 08:27 PM
Cleave 2

((Ok, Next time))

[roll0]
[roll=Cleave 2]4d6+14]/roll]

Damnit, you roll damage.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-04, 08:32 PM
Kass's longsword came out of it's sheath, only to rest on the gleaming metal shoulder. A tiny blue light seemed to issue forth from behind the heavy visor.

Kass is Detecting Evil.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 09:20 PM
Kass see's that none of these men are evil, just scared for their lives. Na'Guri's sword again bowls over the next bandit into a heap. ((Haha Pirate. For any regular bandit, your +14 dmg auto takes them down:smalltongue:)) Some of the bandits charge forwards, but other's stay back out of fear, noticing how easily their allies had fallen.

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|b|b|_|b|_|B|b|_|_|_|
|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=bandit leader
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| N=Na'guri
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| K=Kass
|_|_|_|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|b|_|B|_|_|b|_|_|
|_|B|b|_|b|N|_|_|_|_|_|_| Na'guri is on 5ft high ground +1 AC
|_|D|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_|

3 bandits attack at Na'Guri
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Dmg. [roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]

Two of the bandits swing well away from Na'Guri, while the last one swings, but the blow bounces off of Na'guri's tough skin.

2 bandits take a swing at Damek
[roll7]
[roll8]
Dmg. [roll9]
[roll10]

Damek skillfully dodges one bandits swing. But the other one comes near inches from his head. It was sheer luck that saved him a grave wound.

Action goes to Damek

Ipphli
2008-10-04, 10:59 PM
Damek

Damek drops his bow and draws his scimitar. He swings at the more confident-looking of the two, attempting to subdue rather than kill. He yells out to the defectors. "We don't want to kill you, but we will if we must."

Attacking the stronger bandit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

So that's a 19 to hit and 8 damage

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-05, 08:36 PM
Na'Guri hops down (move north 1 space) and swing around at the bandits.
Starting with the strong bandit to my NE and going clockwise.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Current AC: 25

Who else wants some!?!

shaddy_24
2008-10-05, 09:23 PM
Carlose

Grinning through his beard at the frozen leader, the dwarf moves over behind Damek, drawing his crossbow as he moves. When he's right behind the ranger, he touches him on the back and whispers "A little help." The ranger feels a rush of strength through his limbs.

Moving 3 spaces left, drawing heavy crossbow and casting bull's strength on Damek. +4 Str for 6 minutes.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-05, 10:03 PM
Yowl

As Yowl continues singing, her song's tune picks up and becomes more lively. As she sings, she interposes words and motions of power, creating a blinding circle around the bandits in the back.Inspire Courage increases to +4, cast Glitterdust centered around the strong bandit in the back, DC17.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-05, 10:11 PM
(I'll post as soon as I get an updated map... i'm a very visual person.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-06, 05:09 PM
Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=bandit leader
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|b|_|_|
|_|B|b|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_| Na'guri is on 5ft high ground +1 AC
|_|D|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_|

Na'Guri smashes through the 4 bandits like nothing, while Damek gives the stronger bandit a deep cut in his side.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-06, 05:32 PM
Kass walks the 30 ft to the right of the bandit leader, sheathing the sword while getting out some rope.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-06, 06:43 PM
Two of the bandits see Kass walk up and yell out at him.

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=bandit leader
|_|_|_|_|b|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| C=Carlose
|_|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_|_| D=Damek
|_|_|_|_|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_| K=Kass
|_|B|b|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|D|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|C|_|_|_|_|Y|_|_|_|_|_|

2 swipes straight for Kass, flanking.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Dmg.[roll2]
[roll3]

The two bandits infront of Damek both take a swing
[roll4]
[roll5]
Dmg. [roll6]
[roll7]

The other bandits stay back out of fear.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-07, 07:00 PM
With many of the bandits lying around him on the ground, Na'Guri sidesteps and charges straight at the bandit leader.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-07, 08:04 PM
((Sorry to burst your bubble Pirate, but I forgot to make his two will saves to get free... so before you can attack him...))[roll0] [roll1] Yup, he's free'd.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-07, 08:10 PM
OoC, how many of the ones I dropped the dust on appear blinded?

shaddy_24
2008-10-08, 06:46 PM
Carlose

Chanting some more, the dwarf gestures towards the bandit beside the leader and watches in satisfaction as a spectral warhammer appears in front of the man. It immediately strikes out at him, aiming to kill. He stays next to Damek, relying on the ranger to protect him if the men started going after him.

Casting spiritual weapon, summoning the weapon right next to Kass. It immediately swings at the bandit in front of it.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-08, 06:59 PM
Carlose's hammer brutalizes the bandit, knocking him unconcious instantly. ((Colonel we're saying you still have your sword out because the leader was actually free'd already.))

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| Y=Yowl
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| C=Carlose
|_|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_|_| D=Damek
|_|_|_|_|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_| K=Kass

Speaking of which, the leader 5-foot steps back and launches two arrows in Kass' face.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Dmg.[roll2]
[roll3]

Both arrows are miraculously stuck in Kass' thick armour.

shaddy_24
2008-10-11, 09:25 AM
((Hello? Where'd everyone go?))

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-11, 06:36 PM
Sstoopid it's your turn you know...

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-11, 08:37 PM
((Sorry, didn't realize. Still waiting on which of the bandits were blinded by the dust))

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-14, 08:40 PM
((Wait what dust?:smalleek: And post ahead guys, this game just like died...))

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-14, 09:08 PM
Yowl

As Yowl continues singing, her song's tune picks up and becomes more lively. As she sings, she interposes words and motions of power, creating a blinding circle around the bandits in the back.Inspire Courage increases to +4, cast Glitterdust centered around the strong bandit in the back, DC17.

This dust.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-14, 10:29 PM
On my turn, I shal take a five-foot step forward and attack with lethal force.

power attack for 1-
attack roll: [roll0]
damage roll: [roll1]

Ipphli
2008-10-15, 10:52 AM
Damek

Damek swings once more at the stronger bandit before him, attempting to subdue him rather than kill.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Attempting to deal subdual damage

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-15, 07:58 PM
Ok I actually looked up the spell and rolled for them. All three bandits are blinded. The other 2 are afraid and won't move. Damek and Kass both take good slices into the targets.

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_|_| C=Carlose
|_|_|_|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_|_| D=Damek

All of the bandits in the back do nothing.

Two bandits swing for Damek, while the other bandit attacks Kass.

[roll0]
[roll1]
Dmg. [roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
Dmg. [roll5]

The leader bandit drops his bow, with quickdraw takes out his greatsword and makes a swing for Kass. With a flank. FF AC.

[roll6]
Dmg. [roll7]

Action to Na'Guri. Still post ahead.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-15, 08:14 PM
Na'Guri sidesteps to the left (5 foot step) and charges the bandit leader, blowing right past the weak guy.

Using the Charging Minotaur maneuver, the little guy gets no AoO.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

ColonelFuster
2008-10-15, 08:59 PM
Not flat-footed AC... just a +2 bonus to attack. Not that an 18 would hit my FF AC.

shaddy_24
2008-10-15, 09:30 PM
Carlose

The dwarf grins as most of the bandits go down before the attacks of the group. This battle was going well. He didn't need to waste anymore spell on it now. Resting his crossbow on his shoulder, he calls out, "Good job everyone. This should be wrapped up soon..." He makes a slight gesture and the floating hammer drifts over to swing at the leader of the group.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Aiming for the bandit leader. Lethal damage.
Just a quick list of currently active spells:
Barkskin on Yowl; almost 60 min left.
Bull's Strength on Damek; 6 min left.
Spiritual Weapon: 4 rounds after this.
That should be all.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-16, 02:21 AM
Yowl

The Bard seems happy about how well the fight is going, and dances forwards as she tries to tangle one of the bandit's weapons. Move forward 20, continue singing, and Disarm attempt from outside his reach. Attack roll: [roll0]
If fails, opposed roll: [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-16, 05:53 PM
((Pirate you can do that and if you choose to you would knock them both out, but you would have to bowl over Colonel on the way there. The choice is yours. If he chooses to, I guess shaddy and stoopid's attacks will go on the non-blinded bandits in the back. In each case hitting. The one Yowl attacked is disarmed.))

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|_|Y|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| b=bandits
|_|B|b|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_| *Waiting on Na'Guri
|_|C|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

Action to Kass

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-16, 06:06 PM
((Wow, how did I get there? I was attempting to disarm the bolded one below, the only one within 35 feet of me. I also bolded my intentional position. It shouldn't change the rolls, but it will change whether or not I can be splattered.))|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|y|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|B|b|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_| *Waiting on Na'Guri

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-16, 06:23 PM
((Yes I know but if Na'Guri knocks out the two bandits you wouldn't have done that anyways, so I took 2 turns for you two get there and disarm him.))

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-16, 06:36 PM
((Okay, but I have a Whip Dagger, so I'd probably be further away than that. 2 squares to the right, directly in front of the blinded bandit, seems more natural))

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-16, 07:46 PM
((I said I sidestep to the left, not the right. I'm not in danger of running him over.))

ColonelFuster
2008-10-16, 10:53 PM
How about this? You shout out to me, and delay, then I take a five-foot step, and everyone's happy? :smallbiggrin:

Kass continues to attack the bandit leader with lethal force after taking a five-foot step to the left.

Attack[roll0]
damage[roll1]

Ipphli
2008-10-17, 06:40 AM
Damek

Damek swings his blade at the stronger bandit before him, attempting to knock him out rather than kill.

Attack Nonlethal [roll0]
Subdual Damage [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-17, 10:44 PM
((Ok I get it now:smalltongue:)) And 3 bandits are all knocked out. The remaining bandits are blinded and/or surrender.

Initiative Order:
Na'Guri
Leader Bandit
Carlose
Yowl
Kass
Bandits
Damek

|_|_|_|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_| Y=Yowl
|_|_|_|_|K|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| C=Carlose
|_|_|b|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-17, 10:45 PM
Na'Guri sidesteps to the left (5 foot step) and charges the bandit leader, blowing right past the weak guy.

Using the Charging Minotaur maneuver, the little guy gets no AoO.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

GAH!?!?!? I did post! Right there! Right there! How do you keep not seeing my posts!? *twitch twitch*

Na'guri sheathes his blade and turns to the bushes where the rest of his companions wait. Biggs, Kat, Start Securing the prisoners. Wedge, take care of the bleeders. The rest of you! He says starting at the group of dissidents You can either come back in chains or you can help us haul this crap back to the capital.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-18, 01:00 AM
Never saying a word, Kass gets out some rope and ties up the Bandit's Leader, then summons a gleaming horse with shining armor, throwing him on shortly before mounting it.

Ipphli
2008-10-18, 12:58 PM
Damek

Damek cleans off his blade before sheathing it. He picks up his bow and, after a quick inspection to make sure its okay, holds it loosely while keeping an eye on the rest of the 'dissidents'.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-18, 01:41 PM
One of the prisoners speaks up.

No. I wish to make a compromise. We will help you take the supplies back to the borders of the kingdom. But we will NOT go inside. We don't wish to risk our lives, fighting for a place where we don't have loyalty. If you want to turn us in we will fight to kill for our rights. It's better to die fighting for what we stand up for than to die and have our corpses animated!

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-18, 02:15 PM
Na'Guri thinks about the man's words for a second. He'd dealt with low morale before and knew exactly what to do. He grabs him by the shirt and lifts him a few feet into the air. You are pathetic. ALL OF YOU! What of your loved ones? Are they not worth protecting? You would risk so many lives just because you're afraid?! He drops the man hard on the ground. You fools forget the first and foremost rule of war. "The goal is not to die for your cause, but to make the other poor bastard die for his." The difference here is that your opponents have no cause, they blindly follow instruction. Unlike you, they have nothing to protect, they have nothing to motivate them to victory. The undead have no soul, no heart. If you fight with everything you have, then they should be no match for you!

ColonelFuster
2008-10-18, 02:26 PM
An echoing voice sounds, "They should have their freedom if they will only be a hindrance. Let the enemy scouts, the war-starved beasts, and the lonely hunger take them. If they wish to die naturally, we'll let them have their freedom. Tut-tut, Charsi!" The horse rides away. No emotion is heard, but the mounted sword-swinger seems to make the outlook for deserters seem bleak.
Bluff check...? [roll0]

shaddy_24
2008-10-18, 08:01 PM
Carlose

The dwarf dismisses his spell looking pleased. The fight had gone well, that was obvious. But that man...

"You are a fool. You joined the army. You follow the instructions given to you. You defend the city you swore to defend, and you do so without complaint!" the last part rose to a shout. "If you can't accept that, you should never have joined in the first place. Even worse, when you played the part of a coward and left, you sought to deprive the truely brave of necessary supplies. Your actions not only revealed your cowardice, but your own pitiful, self-serving nature. If I believed you to be true soldiers, I would execute you for treason and deserting your duty. But you are no soldiers. You are mearly pretenders to your position."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-18, 09:17 PM
The man looks frightened, but stays with his opinion.

I'd rather take my chances with the wilderness! Dieing of hunger or not! Who else is with me!?

Looking around, he see's all the other bandits cowering in fear, or looking bravely, mumbling to themselves about how it's true. They joined the army, they should fight for what is right.

You, you TRAITORS! FINE! ALL OF YOU MAY DIE A HORRIBLE ! I'LL BE HAVING THE LAST LAUGH WHEN I SEE YOUR ANIMATED CORPSES! YOU'LL SEE!!!

shaddy_24
2008-10-18, 11:29 PM
Carlose

"Traitors? They're traitors? You're all traitors! You backed out on your duty because 'it's too scary'! They at least can admit it! You, on the other hand, seem to think that you're in a position of power. You seem to think that your cowardice has a true reason behind it." the archivest spits off to the side. "I've seen worse battles. And I've seen true soldiers hold their position, look the enemy in the eye and scream their defience as they held firm. That is true courage.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-18, 11:48 PM
"We will grant him his freedom, Book Cleric," the mounted figure called back while it faded into the forest, "Leave him."

shaddy_24
2008-10-19, 10:13 AM
Carlose

The dwarf snorts. "Fine then. Consider yourself lucky. The rest of you, those who are brave enough to face down their due, let's go.. He packs his crossbow away again and turns to follow the paladin.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-19, 07:05 PM
The bandit turns and walks out of sight into the woods. What are you going to do???

ColonelFuster
2008-10-20, 12:02 AM
I've already stated that I faded into the forest... to be clear, it was in the direction of town.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-20, 01:19 PM
Yowl

Come on, let's get the rest of you that aren't pathetic cowards, just thieves, back to town. He's not worth the effort. She ceases playing however, and looks after the vanished bandit with pity rather than disgust in her eyes.

Ipphli
2008-10-20, 03:30 PM
Damek

Damek fingers an arrow as he watches the man leave. Then he spits in disgust before turning toward the other 'dissidents'. "Load up those supplies. We need to get back to the city immediately."

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-21, 05:42 PM
You arrive in the city to many startled faces walking through. When you come to the queen, she is estatic. OHH! THANK YOU TRHANK YOU EVER SOO MUCH! You may just leave the supplies here as we will take care of it She motions for 5 men to come and they start taking the supplies. Now I wish I really had something to reward you for your heroic efforts, but nearly EVERYTHING went into the war. All I really have is some gold. I wish I could give more but I can't I'm sorry. ((You each recieve 100 gold. You gain 1260 xp. I'm not exactly sure if this is right so if someone could help me out... that'd be great.)) Now everybody go and get somerest and prepare the spells to kill. Tomorrow, we fight!

shaddy_24
2008-10-22, 02:40 PM
Carlose

The dwarf shakes his head as the queen tries to offer him a reward. "My Lady, there is no need to reward me. Please, save that gold for use in the war effort." He begins walking towards his sleeping quarters, streaching.

Ipphli
2008-10-22, 03:29 PM
Damek

Damek also refuses the golds."It is my honor to serve, my queen. I shall see you in the morning, m'lady." He bows deeply, then turns towards the barracks.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-23, 09:08 PM
The queen sighs and shakes her head, muttering "heroes..." under her breath. Ok we will have a short interlude of you guys can basically do whatever you want. I'll post when we get back on track.

Ipphli
2008-10-23, 09:49 PM
Didn't spend any supplies or anything on the trip, so I'm ready to go right now. Anyone else got anything they wants to do?

ColonelFuster
2008-10-27, 12:39 AM
I'll make a point of familiarizing myself with th rest of the party, if they're hanging around each other (Kass isn't exactly an avid conversationalist, what with the 'no talking' thing). Otherwise, I'm all set.

shaddy_24
2008-10-27, 01:59 PM
Carlose

The dwarf glances up when Kass passes near. "What do you think will happen to the one that wondered off?"

ColonelFuster
2008-10-27, 04:13 PM
Kass' distorted voice echoes back at the dwarf, "The freedom to live in the woods must be tempered with a sense of survival. Otherwise, it is merely the freedom to choose where one dies."
Looking back at the untouched meal placed in front of the burnished gauntlet, Kass seems to realize that the question, as asked, wasn't exactly answered.
"I think he will crawl back to the city alive or die in the woods.
"War is coming. Evil and the undead approach, uncaring as the vultures that survey the battle, waiting for a meal.
"The land will be salted."
Kass' voice finally starts to show some emotion, a deep, brooding sadness, as the echo lessens and the voice seems to get higher-pitched.
"Parents will be killed before their children's eyes, and their homes burned to the ground while tears of the innocents still fall, and their cries of pain to the gods will be answered by silence, as it always has been."
Taking the plate of food, Kass tromps up the stairs to the paid for room, obviously in a gloomy mood.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-27, 04:48 PM
After some dinner and reminiscing with his old buddies, Na'Guri sleeps in his small apartment near the middle of town.

shaddy_24
2008-10-27, 05:45 PM
Carlose

The dwarf watches as the paladin walks away. Looking at his food, he finds he has very little appitite now. He'd seen battle and war before, but always with soldiers who looked forward to it. This knight...

"Well, aren't you optimistic," he mutters after the departing man as he settles into his meal. Hungrey or not, he would need food for the morrow.