PDA

View Full Version : V = Willow?

GSFB
2008-09-24, 07:57 PM
Is it just me, or is the veiny V look reminscent of when Willow became EVIL WILLOW?

And is V acting much the same way, at least in terms of obsessing over getting more magical power and throwing magic at problems without thinking of the consequences?

And we have seen this coming... isn't the spiked tentacles of forced intrusion on par with the flaying spell?

Didn't Willow end up with ULTIMATE ARCANE POWER that almost destroyed the world?

Mando Knight
2008-09-24, 08:05 PM
Is it just me, or is the veiny V look reminscent of when Willow became EVIL WILLOW?

...Willow who?

Seriously, I'm drawing blanks here. Wikipedia's not much help, either.

B. Dandelion
2008-09-24, 08:19 PM
...Willow who?

Seriously, I'm drawing blanks here. Wikipedia's not much help, either.
Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. As the series went on she became more and more powerful at witchcraft. In season six she suffered an "addiction" to it, and when tragedy struck she went completely berserk, started killing people, and tried to destroy the world.

They never really dealt with the consequences of what she'd done. The s8 comic series has even retconned one of her crimes, which pisses me off beyond belief not only because it makes her actions seem less serious, it directly contradicts one of the very important plot points of s7.

But V isn't much like Willow. V has always been arrogant, and now she seems to be losing her desire to say "I told you so." She's more neutral than good. Willow was the other way around -- she was often the conscience of the team and used to be self-effacing, but when she "powered up" she became the complete opposite.

V going dark wouldn't feel the same to me as Willow doing it. But at least I'm pretty sure Burlew would make sure V had to own up to the seriousness of her actions instead of just kind of handwaving away Willow's evil deeds cause she felt, you know, really bad about it.

stickygoo
2008-09-24, 08:23 PM
No way.

V is no way short enough to be Willow. Besides, who would Mad Mardigan be?

Calinero
2008-09-24, 08:36 PM
Well, V is descending farther into moral sketchidom. However, I can already forsee the perfectly logical defense for his actions he will make. In short, Willow went temporarily insane with grief. V is just becoming more cynical, bitter, and practical. It's different.

eilandesq
2008-09-24, 08:44 PM
Yeah, but not so much black-eyed Dark Phoenix Willow--more like "I can't find Dawn--let's cast a spell that'll shift everyone who isn't a fifteen year old girl into an alternate dimension for a split second even though I've never tried it before" Willow. V. isn't in a rampaging homicidal frenzy--he/she is just unwilling to tolerate obstacles and is willing to do morally shady things to remove them. Now, if V. seriously contemplates blasting Elan or Durkon for similar reason, then it will be Dark Willow time for V.

Liwen
2008-09-24, 08:49 PM
Heh. Someone remembers Willow from the TV show that was my favorite 3 years ago. Lovely lady.

But seriously, V's story has nothing to do with it. First, Willow's character sheet clearly points out that she is a sorceress. Second, Willow would never had fallen to the dark side should the miserable cretin that is Warren had been properly executed for his crimes before he could get his hands on a gun.

:smalleek:Tara...:smallfrown:

:smallfurious:MUDER DEATH KILL WARREN!:smallfurious:

Willow's fall comes from a emotionnal breakdown, while V's fall seems to be related to her original personnally traits (power lust and loyalty to Haley), only much more expressed in the form of an obssesion to find her friend and save the world.

At last, even though V just killed Kubota in cool blood, he/she still way out of Willow's league on the evilness kilonazi graph. Even BELKAR is laughable on the matter.

Need to remember you that Willow willingly attemped to DESTROYE THE WORLD?

Oh and, Will's a girl. While V is more of an... it.

AtomicKitKat
2008-09-24, 08:54 PM
Already pointed out the similarities last week (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87719).:smalltongue:

Oh, and I'd make a joke about how you need black orbs for eyes to really get there, but they all have black orbs for eyes. :smallwink:

EvilElitest
2008-09-24, 08:57 PM
meh, i mean there are some similarities, but not many.
from
EE

Dudde
2008-09-25, 04:26 AM
V is Willow going Dark and Addicted - I agree.

/Dudde

DeathQuaker
2008-09-25, 07:11 AM
They never really dealt with the consequences of what she'd done.

I haven't seen it in awhile, but I remember through Season 7 Willow was *very* reluctant to use magic because of what she'd done. OTHER people might have been too forgiving of Willow, but frankly she was punishing herself quite a lot, and they had other things to worry about, like the impending Apocalypse.

The s8 comic series has even retconned one of her crimes, which pisses me off beyond belief not only because it makes her actions seem less serious,

What, that Warren is alive? I wouldn't call that an undoing of the crime done--he is still walking around without flesh. And considering he and Amy are back again to make their lives a living hell, Willow and her friends will be directly suffering the consequences of what Will did to Warren, since he very much wants vengeance. Ultimately, it might actually allow Willow to deal MORE with what she did than if he was dead.

it directly contradicts one of the very important plot points of s7.

True, but at least Joss Whedon officially copped to it that he messed up on that. But he couldn't undo the scripting of S8 by that point.

I also wouldn't say that it was a "very important plot point." It occurred rather briefly--briefly enough that Joss Whedon forgot that it happened.

V definitely LOOKs like Dark Willow with the veinyness going on. It might be a visual reference, but the characters don't have a lot of similarities. When V decides to destroy the world, however....

TreesOfDeath
2008-09-25, 08:31 AM
"Bored now" *Disintergrate*

mikeejimbo
2008-09-25, 02:45 PM
No way. Willow is much hotter.

AstralFire
2008-09-25, 02:52 PM
Perhaps they can gestalt into Villow. Or Vaarsuvillow. Who will be androgynously hot and maroon-haired.

GSFB
2008-09-25, 08:22 PM
Perhaps they can gestalt into Villow. Or Vaarsuvillow. Who will be androgynously hot and maroon-haired.

I find this both intriguing and disturbing...

AstralFire
2008-09-25, 08:48 PM
I find this both intriguing and disturbing...

True arcane power is frightening.

And sexy. That's why Sorcerers are Cha-based.

tribble
2008-09-25, 10:10 PM
True arcane power is frightening.

And sexy. That's why Sorcerers are Cha-based.

Rule 34...