PDA

View Full Version : Help the Colonel with an int/dex?

ColonelFuster
2008-09-25, 01:21 AM
So, I'm playing in a campaign that I know is going to be tough, and I'm starting out Swashbuckler 3.
But where do I go from here? I've thought about it- ranger, duskblade, fighter, rogue, beguiler and the like all seem like good ideas, but I don't want to mess with the party, and currently there's a rogue/sorcerer going for arcane trickster and an elven cleric. So, I'm the light tank/acrobat, basically. What do you think my best options are?
I'm an aasimar, and would like to get more in touch with my Leonal side, or my CG side, if at all possible.
Any soucebook you want to use, use it. Advise me for teh BROKENNESS!

Kaihaku
2008-09-25, 01:37 AM
Well...in regards to "Fluff", I think there's a class in BoED that lets you transform into a celestial lion or something like that. Otherwise...um...

Cheesegear
2008-09-25, 01:42 AM
Warblade is always a good choice if you want to boost your combat ability. Good Int synergy (so does Duelist...But it's a PrC, and isn't too good). Factotum is always nice.

Dervish. Always the Dervish.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-09-25, 02:16 AM
Rogue/Swashbuckler has a useful multiclass feat in Complete Scoundrel - Daring Outlaw, I believe, which gives you a dual progression on Sneak Attack and one of your Sbuckler abilities.

Duelist is an obvious PrC choice, though I believe Invisible Blade works as well if you want to stick with a dagger.

Tempest Fennac
2008-09-25, 02:26 AM
DO also progresses the Grace ability. I'll chek what the class which lets you become a lion is called.

EDIT: It's called the Lion of Talisid. It also includes an animal companion. You need to be able to cast Summon Monster 2 to take the PrCs, though.

BobVosh
2008-09-25, 03:27 AM
Take 3 levels of rogue and get "daring outlaw" from complete scoundrel. Stacks Rogue + Swashbuckler for sneak attack, grace and something else I can't remember.

If you do go dervish like one guy above said I would recommend the next levels in scout so you can skirmish your dance attacks.

ColonelFuster
2008-09-25, 01:33 PM
All looking good... but, as I said before, I'll probably be working as the party's fighter. I'mn in the proccess of looking up Daring Outlaw right now... are there any other good synergistic feats for a fightery swashbuckler? Is there any way to get me into medium armor? All answers appreciatted!

only1doug
2008-09-25, 02:02 PM
All looking good... but, as I said before, I'll probably be working as the party's fighter. I'mn in the proccess of looking up Daring Outlaw right now... are there any other good synergistic feats for a fightery swashbuckler? Is there any way to get me into medium armor? All answers appreciatted!

Avoid armour, it'll kill that swashbucklery goodness.

Take a look at Battle Trickster PRC (complete scoundrel p28), 3 levels - 2 sets of skill tricks and a bonus feat.
requires 3 skills at 6 ranks, 2 skill tricks and BAB +5.

Daring outlaw is on page 76 of complete scoundrel and skill tricks fill page 82-90.
its definitely worth taking 1 level of rogue and daring outlaw for extra damage (positional) and tumble type skill tricks.

Telonius
2008-09-25, 02:11 PM
Not sure what the rest of your build is like, but the Nightsong PrC's from Complete Adventurer might be worth a glance.

ColonelFuster
2008-09-25, 02:48 PM
Thank you all for the help! It looks like what I really want to do is invest in some skill tricks, which i've never really looked at before, and go into uncanny trickster and/or battle trickster. Giant forums rock!

playswithfire
2008-09-25, 04:02 PM
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Swordsage
invisible blade (http://www.wakinglands.com/htm_files/prestige_classes_invisible_blade.htm)*
invisible blade
swordsage
invisible blade
Swashbuckler

1 Point Blank Shot,free(Finesse),flaw(Two Weapon Fighting)
3 Kung Fu Genius/Carmendine Monk
free(Weapon Focus)
6 Shadow Blade
9 Daring Outlaw
Stay in assassin's stance, use daggers; damage d4+7d6+STR+DEX+INT

INT to AC in light armor or INT+3 to AC in no armor

can move things around if you like

*original 10 level version with better prereqs; linked