PDA

View Full Version : Sugestion

BlackLiger
2005-09-12, 01:38 PM
I sugest you folks get an IRC chatroom.

If you like, I can find you all the code n stuff you need, and set 1 up, then send you the info to log in on it and so on?

(ps. This worked well for my forums (well, mine and the other admins') and we now have 2 chatrooms, a main 1 and a permemenant roleplay area) (Pps. PM or email me for more info, I can help if you require any help installing it)

Wukei
2005-09-12, 01:46 PM
They've already discussed this, and Gorbash was looking into it. There hasn't been anything official yet, though.

RawBearNYC
2005-09-12, 02:18 PM
I serioulsy don't expect to see an officially sanctioned IRC chatroom. It would require moderating and stuff, and I would bet money that Rich doesn't care enough about one. Of course, IRC is free to use if you all wanted to chat with each other.

Wukei
2005-09-12, 02:20 PM
Honestly, I've never seen the reason for a chat room if you've got a forum. Someone that only is on at 3 in the morning your time can talk to you when you're only around at 3 in the morning their time. So why the need for a chat room?

BlackLiger
2005-09-12, 02:21 PM
meh, I would moderate it myself (and probably get a few people here to do it) if you wished, and could persuade Rob to merely add a link onto the site (or possibly the actual JAVA client I'd set up, but if he can't do that, I can set 1 up for it on another site :))

Wukei
2005-09-12, 02:27 PM
That's more like a fansite chat, rather than an OotS thing. You wouldn't be sanctioned by the Giant or RawBear to do it, so it's not really their chat, is it?

crimson77
2005-09-12, 02:39 PM
meh, I would moderate it myself (and probably get a few people here to do it) if you wished, and could persuade Rob to merely add a link onto the site (or possibly the actual JAVA client I'd set up, but if he can't do that, I can set 1 up for it on another site :))

What if there was a unofficial oots chat room on a different site with a link and a disclamer that said something to the effect of This chatroom is not monitared by the oots staff and they cannot be responcible for any content on this chatroom. Then you, Blacklinger, could moderate and have your friend help you out in that.

BlackLiger
2005-09-13, 07:51 AM
Hmmm. I'll look into it (gotta persuade Gnug615 to stop tryin to kill me before I consider using their IRC again :P, otherwise I'm forced onto E1.No-IP.org )