PDA

View Full Version : [3.6] Pathfinder Changeling

Kaihaku
2008-09-25, 11:47 AM
I was pondering how to "upgrade" the Changeling race to Pathfinder and the following thought struck me... I know, I ripped off of Chameleon but I think it fits with how Pathfinder has been broadening and yet focusing the races.

Changeling
Humanoid (shapechanger)
• Medium size
• 30’ movement
• Standard Vision
• +2 Racial Bonus to one ability score: Changeling characters get a +2 Racial bonus to one ability score of their choice, this ability score bonus can be shifted to another ability over the course an uninterrupted hour of internal manipulation. If applied to intelligence, this bonus functions as a temporary bonus and does not grant additional skillpoints.
• +2 Racial bonus on saves vs. Sleep and Charm effects
• 'Linguistics’ is always in-class.
• +2 Racial bonus on Bluff, Intimidate, and Sense Motive checks.
• Changeling characters gain a bonus feat for which they must meet the prerequisites. At the beginning of each day, after resting, they can choose to change the bonus feat to any other feat for which they meet the prerequisites. This bonus feat cannot be used to meet feat or class prerequisites.
• Minor Change Shape (Su) – Alter Self at will as a Full Round Action. This is a Transformation, not an Illusion. The Changeling’s body changes, but not its possessions. The change is permanent until willingly changed. Use of this ability grants a +10 Circumstance bonus on Disguise checks.
You can assume the form of any Small or Medium creature of the humanoid type. If the form you assume has any of the following abilities, you gain the listed ability: swim 30 feet, darkvision 60 feet, low-light vision, and/or scent.
Small creature: If the form you take is that of a Small humanoid, you gain a +2 enhancement bonus to your Dexterity.
Medium creature: If the form you take is that of a Medium humanoid, you gain a +2 enhancement bonus to your Strength. Use of this ability grants a +10 Circumstance bonus on Disguise checks.
• Favored Class: Due to their mutable nature, Changelings can choose two classes as their favored classes at 1st level. Once made, this choice cannot be changed but both classes grant the favored class bonus each level if multiclassed.

So, I'm sure there are better ways to do this...and probably a lot of people won't like the "shift" in flavor. Thoughts on better approaches?

Edge
2008-09-25, 12:16 PM
I'm currently running an Eberron Pathfinder game. For changelings (and kalashtar for that matter), I just gave them +2 to one ability score and Skilled (as per humans).

Kaihaku
2008-09-25, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I thought that might be the path people took. With what I did, I was hoping to give Changeling some more unique abilities that other races don't get.

On a side note, how is the campaign going? What did you do to upgrade Warforged?