PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion (RSS feeds)

Wally
2005-08-31, 12:36 AM
It'd be really awesome if the boards would allow RSS feeds on individual threads. This would allow users to better keep track of discussions and play-by-post games. Don't know how hard it would be to implement though...

Winged One
2005-08-31, 12:38 AM
This is roughly the thousandth time I've seen it suggested. I believe that The Giant does not want RSS feeds for some reason that I keep forgetting.

RawBearNYC
2005-08-31, 10:33 AM
It'd be really awesome if the boards would allow RSS feeds on individual threads. This would allow users to better keep track of discussions and play-by-post games. Don't know how hard it would be to implement though...
It would be awesome, but, alas, yabb doesn't have such a feature. My suggestion to you is to send you over to yabb's website (the link can be found at the bottom of these pages) to post on their message board for inclusion in a future release.

Winged One: This is actually a different request than the usual one where people want an RSS feed for the comic. The Giant isn't opposed to the idea of one at all, and there is, actually, an official GiantITP feed that isn't in use right now because I've never taken the time to test it practically.

Frojoe21
2005-08-31, 11:53 AM
Well, in the mean time, you can get a similar effect by clicking the "Notify My of Replies" or whatever button. Anytime someone posts in a thread, an email is sent to you, alerting you about it.

HempRope
2005-08-31, 09:12 PM
Sadly, this has the unfortunate effect of filling your email account with notifications.

So. I suggest getting a Gmail account specifically for this purpose and then downloading the Notifier. So that you will get a little message popping up from your address bar whenever someone posts on one of the threads which you want to keep track of.

If you don't have Gmail, I can send you an invitation if you'll relate to me your email address.

Reptile
2005-09-11, 07:04 PM
Winged One: This is actually a different request than the usual one where people want an RSS feed for the comic. The Giant isn't opposed to the idea of one at all, and there is, actually, an official GiantITP feed that isn't in use right now because I've never taken the time to test it practically.

Well, if it's something you've been considering implementing, put me down as one who would use it...