PDA

View Full Version : The Ungredon Invaders (Undead Rampage)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 06:14 PM
Your travels take you just outside of the Ungredon's encampment, located just 3 kilometres outside of the boundaries of the Estingalian Kingdom. You can see mounds of zombies, and other creatures animated as an undead. There are some, but very few living people. One of the zombies walk up to you.

You'z helpers? it grunts out, apparently intelligent enough to speak.

kladams707
2008-09-25, 06:30 PM
Feeling that that complex sentences and poetics would go beyond our greeter, Lou simply foregoes any sort of formality and responds...

"Yes."

GrassyGnoll
2008-09-25, 06:31 PM
"Captain de la Sade's orders. What's the objective?", rasps a mounted man in a horse skull helm.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 06:37 PM
The zombie looks at the mounted man with a look of confusion. Assuming that was a yes, it repsonds

Where'za mark? it says it while pointing at his arm. (The left specifically)

((By the way, for the moment you don't have the mark. None of you do.))

elonin
2008-09-25, 06:43 PM
Nevil, a gnome who looks so gaunt that he might join the ranks of the undead at any moment, looks at the zombie with a cautious eye. That depends on what you mean. Well.the gnome reconsiders making a response that the zombie may answer. Yes, We are here to "help".

GrassyGnoll
2008-09-25, 06:43 PM
"None," grunted the cavalier. The knight's grip on his morningstar tightened. He never did like being questioned by the grunts.

kladams707
2008-09-25, 07:02 PM
Mark? We need a mark," Lou asks the zombie. Not yet giving the zombie a chance to respond, he turns to the group and asks What do you think? Do we need a mark?

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 07:09 PM
The zombie states

You no mark you no in. You come. You get mark, see Lich Ungard.

The zombie starts walking towards the back of the encampment towards a giant tent.

elonin
2008-09-25, 07:16 PM
The gnome looks a bit puzzled about this business about a mark. We need a mark eh? I've been thinking about learning to make tatoos, anyone want to voulenteer? If the zombie is leading toward someone in leadership he'll follow. Yes lead us to the lich.

have we already been hired or were we just told to head this way for "work" or to help with the war effort?

GrassyGnoll
2008-09-25, 07:22 PM
The mounted man pulled his destrier's reins to follow the zombie.

OOC
Is that darker gray supposed to be OOC?

kladams707
2008-09-25, 07:26 PM
Lou starts walking, following the zombie. If I need this mark to get the money, I'll do it he thinks to himself.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 07:33 PM
As you come to the tent the zombie stops.

In. Lich inside. He give you mark. the zombie walks back into the encampment.

Inside of the tent are Seven zombies, all with just tattered clothing and no weapons. Five skeletons, in armor with a sword and shield. One of them with a much larger sword and much heavier armor. And two zombified ogres, each with a huge club and armour. On top of a throne is the Lich himself, Ungard. He looks at the party.

Ahh, right on time. His voice is raspy and sends a chill up your spine. You must be the one's answering to the Call to Arms I sent out, is that correct?

((You were scryed on and have been awaited to come. Everyone who works for Ungard has to get the "mark" to show they are under his control and will fight for him. And yes the kingdom was named after the Lich.:smalltongue:))

elonin
2008-09-25, 07:33 PM
yes. was requesting that information in a "background" sense. Now that I think about it a spoiler tag would have been better with the color I'm using.

kladams707
2008-09-25, 07:40 PM
Lou bows his head out of respect and says, "That is correct my liege."

GrassyGnoll
2008-09-25, 07:43 PM
The figure dismounts and begins unbuckling his plate. As he does he addresses his superior.

"Lieutenant Lester Molierre of the 23rd Heavy Cavalry company, prepared to kill in your majesty's name"

The knight mindlessly presents his left arm. Its discoloration a mark of his preexisting bondage.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 07:50 PM
The Lich looks apon them both.

Directing his attention to Lou, he shows a toothy smile and with a laugh he says.Aha. It's nice for once to see some respect. Looking more apon the knight, he adds. That mark, it looks oddly familiar. Of whom did it belong to?

GrassyGnoll
2008-09-25, 07:56 PM
Lester bites his lower lip hard enough to make it bleed at the thought of his commanding officer.

"It's my Captain's means of command. The weakling drugged me in my sleep, he's used my achievements since to polish his own record. It has left me little room for advancement on my own"

James Orion
2008-09-25, 07:58 PM
Having been following in behind everyone, Saoki walks forward towards the lich. kneels down head facing the ground and he holds forward his left arm.

"I will serve you, you will be my new lord, if you will have me.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 08:20 PM
The Lich looks at the Samurai

And it will be a pleasure to have you serving me.Looking back at the knight.Hmm. I guess I do not know of this man, but I thought the emblem looked familiar. But anyways back to the real business. You've all come here to serve under my control. My plan is to have you be my ambush party. You are going to work as my secret service, doing missions for me and this and that enableing us to have victory in this war. The setback is, I cannot allow just ANYONE to be my secret service. You must prove yourselves worthy of fighting under my command. If you succeed these 3 tests. You will gain your mark and serve under the mightiest power on the continent. Failure at these tests, means the repercussions of failure is your life. Seeing as you already know my plans, I will not stand for having you leave alive not under my command. The choice is up to you. You can take the tests, and risk your life to be under my control. Or, you can escape with fear for your life, and die trying.

kladams707
2008-09-25, 08:41 PM
After mulling over the choices, Lou responds. I would have to say the former is more preferable. And besides, no one sings about those who died b/c they refused a challenge. Wel, nothing good anyway...

James Orion
2008-09-25, 08:45 PM
Then, let us begin these tests my lord, so we can go about bringing a swift merciless death to our enemies.

Saoki stands up and at attention.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-25, 09:06 PM
Ungard turns his attention towards the Samurai

Aha!Ahahahaha! You! I really like you. If you live I assume we will get along quite well. May the tests BEGIN!

((Until tomorrow, as I am going to bed...))

elonin
2008-09-26, 06:01 AM
The gnome follows the rest of the group to meet Ungard. I am looking forward to these tests. When the lich walks away Nevil wonders why the tests have to wait until tomorrow.

kladams707
2008-09-26, 06:10 AM
OOC: I think the text in (()) is Zarpa's ooc

elonin
2008-09-26, 07:27 AM
Ohh, thought that was IC speach

kladams707
2008-09-27, 10:31 AM
"With all due respect, I'm all for the dramatic my liege, but please don't keep us in suspense. What are the tests?"

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 04:50 PM
((Sorry, I was unexpectedly gone the past day and I couldn't say so. I'll have the tests up by tonight.))

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 05:43 PM
With a wave of the lich's hand, the seven zombies all come straight at you.

((Here's a map of the Place. I don't know where you'll be standing, but for now, where I put you is where you are. And lord, how much space is a horse considered taking up?))

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| U=Ungard
|_|_|_|_|_|T|T|T|_|_|_|_|_|_| O=Zombie Ogres (Large Size, so
|_|_|_|_|_|T|U|T|_|_|_|_|_|_| there's actually only two of them.)
|O|O|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|O|O| Z=Zombies
|O|O|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|O|O| s=Skeletons
|s|S|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|s|s|s| S=Leader Skeleton
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| J=James (saoki)
|_|_|_|_|_|Z|Z|Z|_|_|_|_|_|_| N=elonin (nevil)
|_|_|_|_|Z|_|J|_|Z|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
|_|_|_|_|Z|N|_|B|Z|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
|_|_|_|_|_|M|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 05:57 PM
Initiative, which I will be rolling for time purposes.

Saoki-[roll0]
Lou-[roll1]
Lester-[roll2]
Nevil-[roll3]
Mathias-[roll4]
Zombies-[roll5]
Ogre Zombies-[roll6]
Skeletons-[roll7]

Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 06:07 PM
SURPRISE ROUND! ((And yes I know this isn't the most difficult battle:smalltongue:))

3 zombies punch out at Saoki
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Dmg.
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

2 Zombies attampt to hit Nevil
[roll6]
[roll7]
Dmg.
[roll8]
[roll9]

the last 2 zombies try to take down Lester
[roll10]
[roll11]
Dmg.
[roll12]
[roll13]

None of the Zombies end up hitting thanks to Saoki's insane armour and Lester's sturdy shield. The skeletons stay where they are. Action goes to Lester

elonin
2008-09-27, 06:21 PM
do you mind us posting our actions in advance, knowing that they will resolve in order?

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 07:56 PM
No, I don't mind. Go ahead. It makes things a bit smoother anyways.

GrassyGnoll
2008-09-27, 08:13 PM
Lester's surprise faded quickly. Almost reflexively his mace hand whips to his side and up to the closest zombie.

Attack (-2 for power attack): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

If viable
Cleave attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

elonin
2008-09-27, 08:28 PM
After the suprise of what their test comprises, Nevil will take a step back from the zombies while unslinging his bow and fire two arrows at the one directly in front of him.

Nevil will be moving into the square with the * and attacking using the rapid shot feat. [roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3]
|_|_|_|_|Z|N|*|B|Z|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
|_|_|_|_|_|M|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 09:08 PM
Lester swings his mace and connects wit the zombie square in the chest. It stumble's back, but continues fighting. Nevil's two arrows go well wide of the zombie, flinging into and ripping two small holes in the back of the tent. Action goes to Lou, but still post ahead.

kladams707
2008-09-27, 09:47 PM
Lou will use his bardic music to inspire courage(allies get +1 to attack, damage, and saves against charm & fear effects)

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-27, 10:15 PM
Ok everone remember extra +1 to att rolls, dmg and saves. action to Saoki

James Orion
2008-09-28, 04:11 AM
Saoki draws his weapon and strikes the zombie in diagonally to the right of him.

First attack: [roll0]
First Damage: [roll1]
Second Attack: [roll2]
Second Damage: [roll3]

if enemy is slain Great cleave
attack: [roll4]
or
attack: [roll5]
if second enemy is slain on Great cleave
attack: [roll6]
or
attack: [roll7]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-28, 08:42 AM
Saoki slices deep into the zombies shoulder, and then misses it on his second swipe. It lets out a groan but keeps fighting. Action to Mathias

ZaneLaCoix
2008-09-28, 05:06 PM
Wow, sorry 'bout the great delay... If you don't mind there's a bit of set-up that Mathias would go into combat with.
Fell Flight at beginning of day. Fly at walk speed, 24 full day duration, average maneuverability.

[Mathias]

Mathias always entered any battle at the very least 30 feet off the ground with ease of flight. For the first "turn" of the battle, he'd move forward 5 feet forwards, towards the zombies firing a ray from his hand at the zombie off to his "left"

"Map" changed to show movement, and bold to target. Just to note, Mathias is still in the air.
|_|_|_|_|Z|N/M|*|B|Z|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

[roll0] Tohit as Touch
[roll1] Eldritch Blast

kladams707
2008-09-29, 06:39 PM
Posting next actions ahead of time:

Draws long sword and continues to sing. If an enemy does come w/in range he will attack on his turn

Zarpasphankaris
2008-09-30, 03:02 PM
Mathias completely incinerates the zombie.

Action goes to Nevil

|_|_|_|_|_|N|M|B|Z|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

elonin
2008-09-30, 05:47 PM
Nevil makes a 5 foot step (down and left on the map) and tries to hit the nearest zombie with two arrows.

Attacks [roll0] [roll1] and possibly damage [roll2] [roll3]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-01, 06:25 PM
Nevil pins both shots into the zombies shoulder. Unfortunately, ((Dmg reduction 5/slashing...:smallfrown:)) the zombie doesn't look at all fazed by the shots.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-01, 06:35 PM
The zombies actions.

|_|_|_|_|_|_|J|_|Z|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
|_|_|_|_|Z|_|M|B|Z|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
|_|_|_|_|N|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

One zombie moves forwards and takes a punch at Nevil.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

Three zombies attack Saoki
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
Dmg.[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

The last two zombies punch for Lester's face.
[roll8]
[roll9]
Dmg.[roll10]
[roll11]

The zombies all miss their anticipated targets. The Ogre zombies stay where they are. The skeletons look anxious to fight, but hold their ground. Action goes to Lester

((Ohh, and by the way Zane, you TECHNICALLY shouldn't be flying right now. You didn't anticipate this would be a battle and didn't come into this flying so you SHOULD be on the ground. But I'll let it go this time.))

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-01, 06:55 PM
Thing is, Fell Flight is a full day thing, thus it is invoked right after he wakes, or the moment it goes down. Further since he's not in a party that would discourage the whole fact of a warlock, he wouldn't be shy to grant the aerial view whenever he could.
By all rights, he doesn't really care for ground protocol. He sees it as this: he is more use in the air with a 60 foot range touch, ray touch attack, than on the ground where his ray could hit a viable ally with a potentially lethal attack

But if it makes you feel better, pull his height down 5 feet to compensate for the 5 foot step forward he did.

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-01, 08:00 PM
The knight's mace finishes its upward swing and now finds itself brought down towards the closest zombie.

Attack (-3 for power attack):[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

If viable
Cleave: [roll2]

elonin
2008-10-02, 06:28 AM
Nevil notes that the arrows impact with about as much force as he can deliver decides to opt for another strategy. Nevil tumbles away from the zombie in front of him (to the left by 3 squares) and slings his bow. He then tugs at his light mace.

tumble to avoid an attack of oppertunity[roll0]

kladams707
2008-10-02, 09:55 AM
Since a zombie did a attack and it should be my turn...draws sword and attacks
attack: [roll0]
damage if applicable:[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-03, 03:38 PM
|_|_|_|_|_|_|J|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
|_|_|_|_|Z|_|M|B|_|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
|_|N|_|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

With Lester's mighty swing he cuts the first zombie in half, and decapitates the second.

Nevil tumbles and makes it to the anticipated spot, but the zombie takes a swing at him on the way.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

Lou ((I'm assuming, moving to the closest zombie)) makes a small cut into the zombies shoulder.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-04, 09:29 PM
Action to Saoki ((Guys please post ahead. I will be posting for Saoki if he doesn't by tomorrow morning. Initiative order is here... I will be posting it with the map everytime now.))

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

James Orion
2008-10-04, 10:10 PM
Saoki continues his attacks on the zombie diagonally right to him.
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Second Attack(directed at same zombie if still standing at one in front if not)
[roll2]
damage
[roll3]

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-04, 10:19 PM
Move to attack whichever still-standing zombie is next to Saoki
Attack (-2 for power attack): [roll0]
Damage: [roll]1d8+8[roll]

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-04, 10:20 PM
Damage:[roll0]

Oh and +1 to both of those for bardic music.

elonin
2008-10-04, 10:33 PM
The gnome will step back into combat with the zombie that is near to him using his light mace. (ooc I know that this is still not slashing, but for some reason I forgot to buy such a weapon for him).

attack[roll0] damage [roll1] these take bardic music into account.

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-04, 11:05 PM
Still flying high with a minimal height of 30 feet off the ground, Mathias takes a b-line straight for the ogres and skeletons. Once there he fires off another ray from his hand aimed directly at the tougher looking skeleton.

|s|S|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|s|s|s| S=Leader Skeleton
|_|_|_|_|_|_|J|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
|_|_|_|_|Z|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)
[roll0] Tohit as Touch
[roll1] Eldritch Blast

kladams707
2008-10-05, 08:13 AM
[spoiler]attacks again.
[roll0]
possible damage: [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-05, 07:06 PM
Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Saoki cuts down the zombie next to him. His next swing leaves a giant gash into the zombie, who Lester proceeds to cut down. Mathias obliterates the tougher skeleton into dust. Nevil leaves a small dent in the zombies skin, but you can tell it absorbed most of the swing. Lou proceeds to harm the zombie infront of him, leaving it badly wounded. Ungard gives an angry glance at Mathias, seeing as he attacked the skeleton before he sent it in. Ungard angry mutters some words under his breath. All of a sudden, Mathias glows green and falls to the ground ((I belive greater dispel magic works that way. Even so, when I made my roll its 1d20+20 while the DC is 17. Therefore it was dispelled. Though I wish to know if Fell flight can be dispelled? Please let me know Zane. If it is, how high are you up? 10-20ft-2d4, 20-40ft-3d6 falling dmg.))

|_|s|M|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| S=Leader Skeleton
|_|_|_|_|_|Z|_|s|s|_|_|_|_|_| N=elonin (nevil)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|J|B|s|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
|_|_|_|_|Z|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)

With a wave of Ungard's hand, the Ogre zombie and skeleton proceed to attack Mathias.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Dmg. [roll2]
[roll3]

The other 3 skeletons all move to attack Lester.
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
Dmg. [roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

The last two zombies attack Saoki and Lou. First at Saoki.
[roll10]
[roll11]
Dmg. [roll12]
[roll13]

Everyone dodges the blows except for Mathias. Mathias takes 5 damage+ falling damage. If G dispell magic had no effect, he takes none. Action to Lou, because Lester already posted ahead.

kladams707
2008-10-05, 08:23 PM
Lester takes another swing as his song is sung.

attack:[roll0]
possible damage:[roll1]

James Orion
2008-10-05, 08:33 PM
Saoki attacks the zombie diagonally left of him
Attack:[roll0]

Second attack (directed at skeleton if zombie is slain)
Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3]

Cleave
Attack:[roll4]
Damage:[roll5]

if killed on second attack: [roll6]
Damage:[roll7]

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-05, 08:38 PM
Lester whips around to face the skeletons to his right. The knight levels his morningstar to head level and looks to crack a skull or two.

Attack (-2 for power attack):[roll0]

Cleave Attack: [roll2]

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-05, 08:42 PM
Taking the safer route, Mathias took the safer route and withdrew from combat. It was a spark of chaotic tendencies that hurt him from his 25 foot fall. He enjoyed the free fall, but the landing hurt more than he wished.

|_|s|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| S=Leader Skeleton
|_|_|_|_|_|Z|_|s|s|_|_|_|_|_| N=elonin (nevil)
|_|N|M|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)
Total damage equals...[roll0]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-06, 05:17 PM
Lou and Lester's swings both go wide of the anticipated targets. Saoki cuts deep into the zombie infront of him, it collapses in a heap. In the same swing cuts the skeleton diagonally in two. ((Even with Dmg. red. 5/Bludgeoning:smalltongue:))

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|s|_|_|_|_|_| N=elonin (nevil)
|_|N|M|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

Action goes to Nevil.

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-06, 05:40 PM
[Mathias]

Taking heed once more, but stubborn in his own health, took flight once more.

Spell-like ability - Fell Flight
Movement - 20ft straight up

I do believe that is all I can do.

EDIT: This is regardless of others' actions, so I now wait for the full cycle.

elonin
2008-10-06, 06:44 PM
Damn I hate the undead, the rogue thinks to himself, my talents don't work too well against them. Considering that he's holding a mace in his hand, the rogue decides that trying to take down a skeleton might be the most useful use of his time. He moves 20' (up) to the waiting skeleton and tries to smack it with his light mace.

attack on skeleton[roll0] and damage if it hits [roll1]. If the ogre zombie counts as a giant Nevil's ac is 24 due to being trained how to defend vs them.

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-06, 06:54 PM
Frustrated, Lester lashes out particularly violently at the skeleton to his right.

Attack (-4 for power attack): [roll0]

Cleave (-4 for power attack): [roll2]

kladams707
2008-10-06, 07:40 PM
Lester unleashes another attack w/ his sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-06, 08:50 PM
In Lester's fury he lashes out and cuts down two skeletons with a brutal slice. Nevil manages to scrape the skeleton but it barely does a thing to it's hard bone. Lou's swing goes wild as he misses the zombie by far. ((And by the way adams, that's the second turn in a row you've called your character Lester. Your LOU!!! :smalltongue:))

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|O|O|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| Z=Zombies
|O|O|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| s=Skeletons
|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| J=James (saoki)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| N=elonin (nevil)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|J|B|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
|_|_|M|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

The last remaining zombie strikes out at Lou.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

The two ogre zombies make their moves. One attacks at Nevil, the other moves, and the skeleton also attacks Nevil.
[roll2]
[roll3]
Dmg. [roll4]
[roll5]

Action goes to Saoki, because the other two posted ahead.

kladams707
2008-10-06, 09:29 PM
Sorry, I had another character named Lester in another game.

James Orion
2008-10-07, 12:56 AM
(this is probably really stupid so forgive me)

Saoki rushes forward 20feet plus his 5 foot step total of 25feet

he is just before Ungaurd,
"forgive me lord." he says as he sticks the blunt side of his sword to the lich's neck "I believe, you are in check, can this be over now?"
(diplomacy check perhaps?)
[roll0]

kladams707
2008-10-07, 07:55 AM
This time, Lou takes another swing
That other spoiler was another thing, explaining why I keep saying Lester.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-07, 05:07 PM
The lich looks at Saoki in surprise.

You know, normally if somebody did something like that, I'd never let them do that. But you have some guts kid. I admire that. [roll0] ((Cast defensively, DC 17, 1 results in auto fail.)) His hands glow a midnight black. All of a sudden, Saoki feels all of his strength leak out of him. He collapses to the floor in a heap, unable to lift his own armour, slowly suffocating under its weight. Make a fortitude save VS suffocation. DC 20, since you have 0 strength. [roll1] Ray of Enfeeblement.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|O|O|_|_|_|_|J|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| Z=Zombies
|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_|O|O|_|_|_|_| J=James (saoki)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|O|O|_|_|_|_| N=elonin (nevil)
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|B|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-07, 05:41 PM
Lester takes note of the ogre before him. His morningstar arm eases as he instead chants words of power into his helm. Besides the ogre materializes a spectral battle axe which begins hacking at the giant.

Casted Spiritual Weapon, which is an AB +7/1d8+2 battle axe. With the zombie's restriction on single actions I don't believe he gets an AoO.

For the weapon
[roll0]
[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-07, 08:41 PM
The ogre groans angrily but keeps attacking.

James Orion
2008-10-08, 12:53 AM
save
[roll0]
(ouch)

elonin
2008-10-08, 06:29 AM
Nevil attacks the skeleton with his light mace again. attack[roll0] and hopefully damage [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-08, 07:14 PM
((Ouch. Natural 1 on the attack and you now have a party member suffocating under his own armour. Congratulations.:smalltongue::smalleek: And you can survive the suffocation for a number of rounds equal to your constitution score. One down, 11 to go...))

Saoki starts breathing more heavily under his armour. ((You only have enough breath for one more round to yell out for help. After that, you can't talk with your little breath remaining.)) Nevil's swing goes WAY wide of the skeleton.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

The last zombie makes ot's swing at Lou.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

The ogres make their attacks, first one at Lester.
[roll2]
[roll3]
Dmg. [roll4]
[roll5]

The last skeleton also attacks at Nevil.
[roll6]
Dmg. [roll7]

Action to Lester

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-08, 07:21 PM
All of the zombies miss, but the skeleton hits Nevil with a BRUTAL SLASH!
[roll0]
Dmg.[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-08, 07:22 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Nevil takes 9 Dmg. Action to Lester

James Orion
2008-10-08, 07:24 PM
Saoki slowly closes his eyes, he does not yell out for help, he only waits trying to calm his mind during this time, he thinks to himself If this is how I am to die then so be it.

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-08, 07:35 PM
Lester redoubles his assault on the ogre. The sound of ripping flesh incenses him to greater recklessness.

Attack (-4 for power attack):[roll0]

Spiritual weapon
Attack: [roll2]

elonin
2008-10-10, 06:15 AM
Nevil winces as the skeleton's blade connects with his arm. Pushing past his new pain Nevil focuses on the task at hand. He swings at the skeleton again.

OOC: What the heck the first time I get decent damage and I roll a 1. Of course this was my fault for being so ill equipped.

attack1d20+4 and hopefully damage1d6-1

elonin
2008-10-10, 06:21 AM
retrying the rolls.

attack [1d20+5] and maybe damage [roll0]

elonin
2008-10-10, 06:23 AM
Not sure what went wrong with my attack roll

[roll0]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-10, 05:34 PM
The skeleton doesn't even notice you hack into it. Lester puts another large gash in the ogre but it continues it's assault.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Action goes to Lou

kladams707
2008-10-11, 11:35 AM
Lou takes another swing w/ his sword.

attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-11, 06:34 PM
Lou takes a big chunk out of the zombie. The zombie lurches out, stumbles but regains it's balance. Saoki has 10 more rounds to live.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Action to Mathias

elonin
2008-10-11, 07:11 PM
declaring my action a bit early to keep the game moving

Nevil takes a look around him and decides to change his tatics. He takes his first five foot of movement one square down and to the right (diagional and shouldn't require a tumble) then moves east (or to the right) four squares, to be next to lester and the other ogre zombie. He then activates his healing belt for three charges and uses that to attack the zombie.

MIC listed a standard action to use this which I'm guessing is activation and touch. If you rule otherwise he'll activate this outside of the threat area of the undead. Tumble to avoid an AOO (within reach)[roll0] to attack vs touch ac[roll1] and hopefully damage [roll2]

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-11, 10:16 PM
Now within the air, the human dashed off from his levitated position, coming to a stop a small distance from the. He fired a ray directly at the ogre.

|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|_|M|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)
[roll0] Tohit as Touch
[roll1] Eldritch Blast

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-12, 12:42 AM
Lester pushes his assault, oblivious to the world around him.

Same reason as elonin

Attack (-3 for power attack):[roll0]

Spiritual Weapon

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-12, 03:19 PM
Finally after Lester'sand his spiritual weapons attacks, the ogre falls. Mathias' blast goes well wide narrowly hitting Lester.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|_|_|_|_|_|_|J|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| Z=Zombies
|_|_|_|_|O|O|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| s=Skeletons
|_|_|_|_|O|O|N|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| S=Leader Skeleton
|_|_|_|_|_|s|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| J=James (saoki)
|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|M|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

The ogre zombie looks angrily apon Nevil and moves forwards to attack him.

The skeleton also moves to attack Nevil.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

elonin
2008-10-12, 03:35 PM
I'm guessing that the ogre zombie went down before my action. Do I still have the charge from the healing belt in my hand?

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-12, 03:50 PM
Lester's craze interrupted he turns to the floating magician. With a flick of his fingers he directs the spiritual weapon towards the other ogre.

"You, worm! Down here!", he bellows.

Spiritual Weapon
Attack:[roll0]

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-12, 04:13 PM
Taking the lesser of the routes, Mathias jets forward as that he is within range of each target. Again he shoots a ray towards the remaining ogre.

|_|_|_|_|O|O|_|M|_|_|_|_|_|_| s=Skeletons
|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

[roll0] Tohit as Touch
[roll1] Eldritch Blast

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-13, 11:10 AM
((Elonin, I thought you were attacking the one in front of you. Not the other one. It went down without your attack but I assumed you used it on the one in front of you. So yes, you technically are still holding it.)) Saoki's got 9 more rounds.

Both the spiritual weapon and Mathias both hit the ogre. It has a gaping gash in it's side but it still attacks on.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

On what I assume will be there final attacks, The ogre zombie and skeleton take two more swings at Nevil.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Dmg.[roll2]
[roll3]

Action back to Lester.

elonin
2008-10-13, 11:16 AM
I didn't realize that the other zombie would be going down just before my action, and had I known that I would have used that on the zombie near me. Would you mind applying my action that way?

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-13, 12:41 PM
((Well, I already did, 'cuz that's what I thought you meant, so I guess your good.:smalltongue:))

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-13, 05:26 PM
"That was a mistake," Lester rasps under his helm. The bone knight begins an incantation, punctuated by a shadowy bolt leaping from his hand towards the warlock.

Casting Darkbolt
Touch:[roll0]
Damage: [roll1] One half cold the other half undeductible

And Mathias'll have to make a DC 15 Fort save to avoid the stun and subsequent fall damage

Spiritual Weapon

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-13, 06:45 PM
That last blow from Lester is enough, as the final ogre goes down. Just one skeleton and a zombie to go. Action goes to Lou

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

kladams707
2008-10-13, 07:12 PM
Lou swings his sword once more.

attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-13, 08:05 PM
((Wow adams. The roller REALLY doesn't like you.))

Lou's chop is way off target. Saoki has 8 rounds left.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|_|_|_|_|_|_| s=Skeletons
|_|_|_|_|_|_|N|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| S=Leader Skeleton

Action to Mathias

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-13, 08:09 PM
[Mathias]

Still up in the air, and quite close to them all, but leaving the risk to the rest, he fired a ray at the remaining skeleton.

[roll0] Tohit as Touch
[roll1] Eldritch Blast

elonin
2008-10-14, 04:55 AM
Nevil will also attack the remaining skeleton using his light mace.

to attack[roll0]
damage[roll1]

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-14, 05:12 PM
Lester sours over his faulty aim, but directs his spectral weapon to the zombie.

The knight strides below Mathias, clearly awaiting his descent.

2 move actions there

Spiritual Weapon
Attack: [roll0]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-14, 08:43 PM
The weapon has no effect on the skeleton, as it's still going strong. ((And Zane did Mathias not even realize that Lester had just shot a freaking magic bolt at him???!!!))

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|M|B*|_|_|_|_|_| s=Skeletons
|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| L=kladams (Lou)
* Lester is standing underneath Mathias.

The skeleton still takes a slash at Nevil
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

Action to Lou

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-14, 10:00 PM
[roll0]
Sorry. Been paying attention to the map, and whose turn, not who does what.
I'll pay attention in the future--if that comes.

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-15, 12:50 AM
Despite the ever growing pain, and annoyance at those below, Mathias keeps his mind at the "game" infront, not below. From an angel above, he fires another ray at the lich which had dismantled his magics before--a touch of revenge tied in with a warning blast of the blood red ray from his right hand. "This is for before!"

[roll0] Tohit as Touch
[roll1] Eldritch Blast

kladams707
2008-10-15, 01:10 PM
Tries to attack the zombie in front of him

Attack: [roll0]
damage: [roll1]

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-15, 05:21 PM
Lester paces below Mathias, waiting.

Ready action to grapple Mathias if Ungard dispels his flight again
Touch [roll0]
Grapple Check [roll1]
Damage (unarmed [roll2]

Spiritual Weapon
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-15, 07:35 PM
Lou misses the zombie, and Lester's spiritual weapon goes wide as well.
Ungard has a wild look in his eyes as the bolt just misses him.So THIS is how I'm treated? I could kill you in my SLEEP! And I don't even sleep anymore! Ungard roars out. His hands glow a fiery red. He unleashes 3 bolts of fire at Mathias. Scorching Ray Touch AC by the way.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

40+14 from before is 54 Damage. -6 HP and bleeding. ((Now's a good time for that healing belt. And Mathias is lucky. Ungard was tempted to use a maximized lightning bolt:smalltongue: but that would've been instant kill even if you made the save.))

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

* Lester is standing underneath Mathias.

kladams707
2008-10-16, 08:14 AM
As a character, I'd probably appreciate their tactic but at the same time think 'they forgot to do the math of 1 down plus high level lich=no chance'

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-16, 05:48 PM
((Naw, he's not going to attack the rest of you. And it's your action adams.))

kladams707
2008-10-16, 05:55 PM
Well, that zombie ain't gonna 'kill' itself.

attack[roll0]
damage [roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-16, 06:08 PM
Lou slices into the zombie and finally takes it down.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| M=zane (mathias)

Action to Nevil

elonin
2008-10-16, 06:24 PM
Nevil will take another swing at the blasted skeleton with his light mace.

[roll0] damage[roll1]I swear that the forum roller hates me for this game. It's not as though rogues do well vs undead anyhow.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-16, 06:39 PM
Nevil's swing goes about 3 feet to the left of the Skeleton. It recoils back and attacks Nevil

[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Action to Lester

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-16, 09:39 PM
Lester's spectral weapon dissipates, but the knight could be less concerned. Grabbing the warlock by the nape, he drags the bleeding caster to the foot of the throne.

He hoists the body level to himself and tightens his grip about the magician's neck.

"Know your place, worm. Or I'll teach you some knightly manners"

Ready action to crush windpipe should he struggle
Grapple check: [roll0]

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-16, 10:22 PM
[Mathias]

Between the 20 foot, unceremonious free-fall, the blast from the lich, and the previous damages--he was rather unresponsive. A life-like doll, as it were, only this one could bleed, and well--did.

Did you see the negative? Besides... With the falling damage (below), there would be no struggle. I would also like to argue the point OoC that the crushing of the wind pipe is superfluous. Mathias did not hurt, nor even hit Lester and Lester's trying to destroy any chance of revival, whilst when Mathias his the Lich, Mathias was blasted with one of the lower spells. Serious problems with this.

[roll0]

kladams707
2008-10-17, 09:43 PM
Rather than engaging in any more melee, the bard continues singing.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-17, 10:40 PM
((Wow, lord you really seem like you have something against zane..:smalleek:)) Saoki has 6 rounds left, Mathias is at -7 unless Lester just killed him...:smallconfused:

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Action to Nevil ((And for HEAVENS'S SAKE IT'S ONE SKELETON JUST KILL IT!!!))

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-18, 12:03 AM
Are you suggesting that eldritch blast didn't hit Lester?

It's an IC aggression, really.

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-18, 12:59 AM
I'm thinking this I.C. conflict is all due to a misinterpretation of what was read. All and all, it may be a mistake, but certainly offers for a rather interesting interaction between a nearly-dead PC, and one enraged.

90~100 stable
[roll0]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-18, 01:45 PM
Finally after Lester'sand his spiritual weapons attacks, the ogre falls. Mathias' blast goes well wide narrowly hitting Lester.

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

|_|_|_|_|O|O|_|_|_|_|_|_|_|_| s=Skeletons
|_|_|_|_|_|L|_|M|_|_|_|_|_|_| B=lord (lester)

The ogre zombie looks angrily apon Nevil and moves forwards to attack him.

The skeleton also moves to attack Nevil.
[roll0]
Dmg. [roll1]

Gahh I screwed my wording up on this one. What I meant was that it almost hit Lester.:smalleek: Wow I really worded that wrong....

elonin
2008-10-19, 07:14 AM
Nevil attacks the skeleton with his light mace.

attack[roll0] and maybe even damage[roll1]Also is the ogre zomie really there or just a typo

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-19, 02:35 PM
Lester takes a pause. His rage subsiding, he took notice of his back. There was no injury despite the assumed blow. The knight channeled a jolt of life into the wounded caster. Lester lets the man drop to the ground.

You're Ungard's then," he dismisses Mathias.

Cure Minor Wounds, Mathias is a 1 HP

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-19, 07:01 PM
attack[roll0] and maybe even damage[roll1]Also is the ogre zomie really there or just a typo

((No that was quoting what happened when I said the blast missed Lester. This is what is really there...))

Initiative Order:
Skeletons
Lester
Lou
Saoki
Mathias
Nevil
Zombies
Ogre Zombies

Finally, the skeleton is taken down. Saoki has 5 rounds left, Mathias is stablized.

The Lich looks at the ... erm... defeated corpses and says
Well done. I am impressed. With MOST of you.(Glances at Mathias.)It wasn't the most difficult task but you went around the job well. Now, each of you step up and bow at my throne. ((Assuming you all go, he gets clerics who heal you all to full HP, Saoki is back to full strength.)) You each walk up to his throne and present your left arm.

Now say what I tell you to. I pledge allegiance. To serve under the almighty Ungard, Lich ruler of Ungredon. I shall obey his every command without hesitation. Failure to do so will result in most unpleasant consequences. I shall show supreme loyalty and faithfullness, as he is my superior, and could kill me on sight. Afterwords, you see the symbol of Ungredon slowly etch it's way under your skin in a pitch black fasion. He tells you to go and see the General of the Army. You can get to anywhere in the encampment with that mark.

kladams707
2008-10-20, 06:49 PM
As they are done, the Lo responds, 'Forgive me sire, but could you point us in the direction of the general?'

As soon as that is done, the bard thanks Ungard and departs in the direction of the general, asking someone if necessary. Once the general is found...

'Sir, we (assuming we all go) were directed by Ungard to report in to you.'

elonin
2008-10-20, 07:54 PM
When beckoned to the gnome will bow before the throne and will listen for the directions on how to find the general.

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-20, 08:39 PM
Lester receives the mark unquestioningly.

"And the medical tent," he adds, "I'd like to pick up some medication before we head out"

James Orion
2008-10-21, 12:56 AM
"I am sorry for my failure, my lord" Saoki bows so deep his head touches the ground.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-21, 05:24 PM
((Ok I'm quickly saying this and then you shall all be at the General.))

Ungard looks upon Saoki and gives a smirk.Do not apologize. You did a gutsy move. You knew I could destroy ou all with ease, and you still wanted to stop this before somebody got hurt. Sure I really don't care who lives or not as long as I have my way, but that was a gutsy move and I admire that. Now looking upon Lester. My deepest apologies Knight, but we do not have a medical tent. Seeing as most of my army is Undead we don't really feel the need for healing. ((By the way, why was medication in italics???))

When you come to the General. He asks you for the mark. You show his so he motions for you to follow him inside another tent. He is still undead but is surprisingly intelligent. Alright, I'm going to make this short and sweet. You have been assigned a task. You are going to be a sabotage group. You are going to go in tonight and destroy all of their catapults, balistae, anything possible. Steal or destroy their supplies whatever works. But you can't get caught. Sadly, Ungard wants as little casualties as possible, so it's more of a surprise when they find everything destroyed. Inside this mark is a very special incantation. A spell created by Ungard himself. You may once per day press your fingers to the mark, and say an allotted time. For example, say 2 hours. That means after two hours is up, you will be instantly teleported back to where you first used the words. For this mission, you will have two hours. Just before you go through the passage we made, you will start. The one price of this mission is you may not run. If you are back here at the entrance before the two hours is up you will be punished. We want as much damage as possible. Are there any questions?

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-21, 05:49 PM
Drugs. Medication means drugs. Specifically, n'ko shards

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-21, 06:13 PM
Alright. Yeah you can scrounge around there's some boxes and such supplies listed on them. You find... 10 Shards? Sure 10.

kladams707
2008-10-21, 07:37 PM
Lou mulls it over a bit and replies

"Destroy and steal. Don't get caught. Do not run, do not come back early. Seems fairly straightforward to me."

elonin
2008-10-21, 08:17 PM
After Lou makes his comment the gnome chuckles to himself. This sounds like a type of scavenger hunt. This should be fun.

James Orion
2008-10-22, 01:17 AM
Saoki thinks about this for awhile. "Can't be seen, this is not one of my skills, I am not a ninja, I am a warrior, but I will give it my best I fear the group may fare better without my presence on this mission though.

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-22, 01:24 AM
[Mathias]

After getting lifted from near death, then himself off the ground with another day's worth of Fell Flight, Mathias listened intently to the orders, silently thanking each of the healers. Never was he one for words really. "You'll find a purpose." He said, characteristically levitating mere inches off the ground. Really, it looked like he was standing on the ground, just upon close inspection there was a margin of where he could be seen to not be touching the ground.

kladams707
2008-10-23, 07:08 AM
A thought then occurs to Lou...

"How close will we be to the site we need to attack once we walk through this passage?" Lou asks. "And how big is this site?"

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-23, 04:23 PM
The kingdom is 3 kilometres wide, 2.1 km deep. We believe the balistae and catapults are located at the tops of each of the front nine towers. You are coming outside of one in the back, and the initial distance to get there through the tunnel is about ten minutes.

kladams707
2008-10-23, 05:35 PM
"So then we have about 110 minutes to complete this mission. One other question. Do you know the height of these towers, the interval (distance b/n each), and the distance b/n the back and front towers?"

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-23, 09:05 PM
We're not sure on the approximates, but the furthest back and furthest forward towers are about 1.8 kilometres apart. The distance between each varies. In the back, they are about 400 metres apart, and in the front, about 100-300 metres. They are about 100 ft tall and about 8 stories high.

kladams707
2008-10-24, 10:09 PM
Those are all the questions I have

GrassyGnoll
2008-10-24, 10:49 PM
Lester reins around his destrier and trots grudgingly towards the objective. Smashing timber was less preferable to cracking heads, but it was a job.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-25, 12:13 PM
((Alright so everybody ready to move? Assuming so...))

You come up through the hole in the bottom of the tower. There is no one in sight. There are stairs going up to the next level.

kladams707
2008-10-26, 03:12 PM
Whispering, Lou says Alright, shall we go ahead and carefully make our way up?

elonin
2008-10-26, 03:32 PM
Nevil whispers If you don't mind I'll take the lead. Perhaps we may even get the drop on our foes if I can sneak up on them. Try to stay 15 or 20 feet behind me. If I hold my hand to you like this wait for me. If there is no disagreement forthcoming Nevil will lead the way up the stairs while moving stealthily.

hide [roll0] and move silently[roll1]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-26, 04:17 PM
Nevil see's two lookouts looking out into the blackness. The are more stairs leading up but it is very close to th guards.

kladams707
2008-10-26, 04:18 PM
Lou nods his head in agreement.

ZaneLaCoix
2008-10-26, 10:25 PM
[Mathias]

No arguments, no words, nothing out of Mathias the whole way through. Although not truly in disagreement throughout, he merely makes himself an observer and never speaks unless spoken to. It was of course, perhaps best to do within the military--kept unnecessary causalities down. He was about to speak up about going first, but if someone else wanted to die, then more power to them. He nodded without a second word.

elonin
2008-10-28, 06:11 AM
Nevil gives the "hold" sign that he taught the group, then points to his eyes and flashes two fingers. Not knowing if they have understood him he then draws his bow and moves closer to the guards trying to get within 30 feet of the guards.

Not sure how close Nevil is to the guards but he wants to be within 20' of the guards and/or get a better view of what is going on behind them. hide [roll0] and move silently [roll1]

kladams707
2008-10-28, 12:43 PM
Seeing nevil giving the hold sign, Lou realizes he saw at least one guard. Lou holds at the hallway, 15 ft from nevil. If there is anyone behind Lou, he holds his arms out to the side to stop them, in case they didn't see the hold sign.

Zarpasphankaris
2008-10-28, 05:14 PM
The guards don't notice you. You can overhear them speaking to one another:

Hey, did you hear about one of our men who ran away gave away all of our defensive plans to the enemy?

Yeah. I knew the guy too. He was scared s***less when he heard he actually had to fight undead. Apparently the Captain ordered us to the all nighters 'cuz the queen is paranoid about attackers.

Hah! That's funny. NO body would be dumb enough to attack the entire castle on their own.

Yeah, I know what you mean. This is soo stupid. No one is going to come.

Exactly!

By the way guys casualties are exceptible in no-other-option situations. For example, sneaking a large group past these guards? I doubt it. If you choose to attack you can coup de grace (so instant kill)

elonin
2008-10-28, 05:57 PM
Is there a room behind the guards or are they just on the stairs?

kladams707
2008-10-31, 11:28 AM
Thinking about what to do Lou whispers to the party with him

"Maybe we should just take these two guards out and continue."

elonin
2008-10-31, 07:46 PM
Nevil attacks the two guards using his bow and arrows using the rapid shot feat.

Was hoping for some background information about the layout before attacking. Sorry about the delay. I'm guessing that the guards are close enough that one would notice the other falling. Guard 1 attack [roll0] damage [roll1] and sneak attack dmg [roll2]. Guard 2 attack [roll3] damage [roll4] and sneak attack [roll5]

Zarpasphankaris
2008-11-01, 09:28 PM
The first arrow drops the guard in a heartbeat. The second whizzes by the guard's head. He turns round in a panic and spots the shooter. He turns to start running up the stairs. (Assuming you follow) You find a room very similar to the one you were just in, but this one was filled with 5 guards. You see the one who went running up the stairs tell one of the men to ring the bell. He goes running up more stairs. There is only enough time for one of you to go chasing him. By that time the rest would've converged on to you.

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-01, 10:06 PM
"Belay that"

Lester takes a swing at the most immediate guard.

I assume the guards are elves, as you mentioned in the recruitment thread.

Attack (-2 for power attack, +2 for bane [elf]):
Damage: [roll]1d8+10+2d6

GrassyGnoll
2008-11-01, 10:09 PM
Botched damage roll
[roll0]
[roll1]

elonin
2008-11-02, 10:14 AM
After missing the second guard, Nevil follows him up the stairs and decides to follow the guard who appears to be raising the alarm. As he moves to keep up with the guard 30' move he uses his silence ability to prevent the guard from calling in additional help.

kladams707
2008-11-02, 08:10 PM
Alright, so who's chasing who and where is this room? or where are these new guards headed?