PDA

View Full Version : My First Epic Destiny

Jaerc
2008-09-25, 07:56 PM
SUBLIME CHORD
http://fc96.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/117/1/e/1e9f1f4d0388a0fc8162594a28274726.jpg

Prerequisites 21st level, must use Arcane power source

You have inspired thousands or even millions of people. You have mastered every instrument and bardic trick. Perhaps you first comprehended how to invoke the rapture of primal music. Or maybe suddenly one day you understood that magic was but part a your true destiny. You can be anything, because you weave the fabric of Cosmos with your very performances.

"Listen to my final words. The Song of Creation; it is the sound of The Godspell being cast, and the echo of that dying universe which came before ours. Imagine the song of all life compressed for one instant into one sound without limit to it's infintesimilitude that erupts into the symphony of Reality, an aria of everything, ever. I understand now, who I am, and what It is, even how they relate. A recording of this instant was imprinted on a fragment of The Godspell itself and I am the living shard of it.

It seems simple now to understand why every dance I ever stepped was composed of units of motion designed to implement alteration that would reverbate in the ongoing Song of Creation, allowing me to mix, shuffle, loop, filter, distort, transpose, destroy, deconstruct, and recreate reality.

Time and space are the same thing and will end at the same point with the execution of the next Agency's last actions. I comprehend the true sublimity of reality. I wish I could live to see it end, to see the beginning again. I guess in a way I always have, and always will as long as it keeps being cast some tiny piece of me exists. But I've decideded that it's not time for that yet, not nearly, I'm going to give this cycle a little longer to sing. And so will you.

I have no regrets, my life, my destiny has been...sublime."

~Jaerc, Master Bard immediatly before his death and seeming ascension

IMMORTALITY
When you have completed your destiny you are more a creature of magic then of mortal flesh. Perhaps you understand the true signifigance of your role in the Song of Creation and carry out what must be done to become one with it. Or maybe you glimpse even beyond this universe and force yourself to transcend so that you may protect it from threats from the Void. Stranger things have even been chanted in the eternal legends of today's bards to have happened to their masters.

SUBLIME CHORD CLASS FEATURES
All sublime chords have the following class features.
Sublime Note (21st level): By taping the Song of Creation to you can harness the music inherent to creation. Increase your Charisma score by 2. Whenever you cast an arcane spell that misses all targets, it is not expended.

Symphony of Arcane Power (24th level): You weave the echoes of elder songs into the essence of your magic. Three times per day as a free action you can change the type of damage your attack inflicts and add your charisma score to damage. The energy types available are fire, lightening, thunder, radiant and force.

Transcend Shell (30th level): The eternal fire of the Song of Creation burns within you and in moments of duress you can shed your mortal shell to reveal it's magnitude.Once per day when you die, you enter transcendent form to the mortal senses semms to be pure music and fire. You heal to maximum hit points and gain the insubstantial and phasing qualities, you may use at will or encounter powers in this form, but cannot use daily powers, magic items or cast rituals. If you die in this form you are dead.
Enemies that enter or start their turn within the 5 squares of you receive ongoing damage equal to twice your charisma modifier (save ends). Allies that enter or start their turn within this area instead heal damage equal twice your charisma modifier.
At the end of the encounter, after a short rest, your corporeal form reencapsulates your spirit. Your current hit point total is unchanged, but you no longer experience the other benefits and drawbacks of being in transcendent form.
~
Song of Timelessness Sublime Chord Utility 26
Daily * Arcane, Zone
Standard Action Burst 10
Effect: Your song creates a zone where time does not pass in the traditional sense. All regeneration and ongoing effects are suspended for the duration of this power. Every ally in the zone may use encounter powers at will.
Sustain Move: You can sustain this power until the end of the encounter or until you are reduced to 0 hit points.

Special Thanks to Saric of the WotC Boards for creating his 4th Edition homebrew, though I took a different route to mimicking it's feel I am indebted for inspiration and mechanical ideas. Also to veekie of the Dicefreaks boards who helped me to fix my original errors in judgment.

Jaerc
2008-09-28, 03:56 PM
I wholly edited the sublime chord with new material. I'd like feedback on what Sustain action Song of Timelessness should posses and any ideas of tightening up wording.

Theodoric
2008-09-28, 04:53 PM
What are the requirements?

Jaerc
2008-09-28, 06:34 PM
That makes me look silly doesn't it?

Prerequisites 21st level, must use Arcane power source

Rigon
2008-09-28, 06:41 PM
if you miss with a daily arcane power then it isn't expended... isn't that toooooo powerful?

Jaerc
2008-09-28, 07:16 PM
No, not really. It's my belief that in practice it slightly increases the rate at which an enemy is defeated.