PDA

View Full Version : Racial Slurs?

Gramakin
2005-09-11, 02:35 PM
Um, my post got modified as I had written
"the distinctive c*inking sound of a mail hauberk" with an "h" in place of the * .
No racial slur was intended as part of the post.
Any chance of knowing what other words or parts thereof will be jumped on?

Wukei
2005-09-11, 02:42 PM
This was actually discussed before fairly recently..someone found a way around it. perhaps stating (guess that wasn't it...nevermind...) in the armour? I forget..I think that's it.

bingo_bob
2005-09-11, 02:45 PM
I believe you had to bold the I

chink

HempRope
2005-09-11, 02:45 PM
Yeah, here's the thread that discussed it: Possible to Edit the Language Filter? (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1120984737;s tart=)
It's just at the top of the second page.

Also, you will find it impossible to type the name of a certain country in Africa. Even though it only has a single 'g'.

(My link is the same as Wukei's below)

Wukei
2005-09-11, 02:46 PM
more here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1120984737;s tart=)

thanks BB

or..Hemprope can find it first...I'm useless, that's cool.

HempRope
2005-09-11, 02:50 PM
Hey -- I went after it before either you or bb even posted!

And may I say that it's interesting to see you Titanic already!

Wukei
2005-09-11, 02:54 PM
Yea, well it's not hard to look it up to see if it's been posted before, if there were any concerns over it, you know?

(I know...I actually had to have someone remind me that I was about to be a Titan..I don't really care about post count total...but a lot of people frown at it...they say I moved too quickly)

Gramakin
2005-09-11, 03:09 PM
Thanks for taking the time to answer the question, guys. I'll embolden things if I get another edit.

HempRope
2005-09-11, 03:14 PM
Yea, well it's not hard to look it up to see if it's been posted before, if there were any concerns over it, you know?
I'm sort of sonfuesd.... what do you mean?

(I know...I actually had to have someone remind me that I was about to be a Titan..I don't really care about post count total...but a lot of people frown at it...they say I moved too quickly)
I'm with you -- I don't care. Though you must have spent a lot more time on these boards than I thought.

Wukei
2005-09-11, 03:29 PM
I'm sort of sonfuesd.... what do you mean?

I meant that if you and I could look it up, it can't be that hard for someone else to see if the subject has been covered before...

Though you must have spent a lot more time on these boards than I thought.

I have nothing better to do...I'm stuck in bed because of my back.

HempRope
2005-09-11, 03:38 PM
I meant that if you and I could look it up, it can't be that hard for someone else to see if the subject has been covered before...
Though the thread was on the second page, and if you didn't already know that it existed, I don't see why anyone would go looking for it...

I have nothing better to do...I'm stuck in bed because of my back.
Yes, I rememered this... but I thought that a lot of the posting probably came before your incapacitation. Oh well.