PDA

View Full Version : Foreign language PbP games

sophist
2005-08-05, 09:19 AM
Would be a PbP run in a foreign language (german) be allowable in these boards?

RawBearNYC
2005-08-05, 12:15 PM
That's really a policy question that Rich would have to answer. I'll point him at this thread. Foreign language posts are dodgy to allow here because they're unmoderateable by any mod who doesn't speak the language :(.

sophist
2005-08-17, 12:31 PM
I understand. However, since this would be strictly restricted to a PbP thread all we'd do is spoil our own fun.

I am recruiting one other player, who might not be german anyway, but if Mr. Burlew has the time and inclination to rule on this, I'd like to hear if it is possible on general principles.

In return all I can offer is to help IFF you ever need a german native speaker, but that's about it.

RawBearNYC
2005-08-17, 01:33 PM
I understand. However, since this would be strictly restricted to a PbP thread all we'd do is spoil our own fun.This isn't true. There's no security that prevents anyone from viewing the thread. So, the risk is higher than just offending your players. Any member that speaks the language can be affected, should they decide to read the thread. This is why we take the moderation of the boards seriously.

ghostrunner
2005-08-19, 05:11 AM
There's always the option of listing the game in the OOC section and playing the game off-site on a private board.