PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Methods of forcing shapechanger's original form

nargbop
2008-09-27, 12:26 AM
What methods are available in WoTC books for forcing a shapechanger to assume his original form? I know of four :
1 ) Lense of True Form , Magic Item Compendium. Will save 10 or target reverts to its natural form.
2 ) Force Shapechange spell from Races of Eberron. Works only on creatures with extraordinary or supernatural ability to change shape , not on spellcasters with transmutation spells.
3 ) Dispelling the spell that keeps the target changed.
4 ) Baleful Polymorph or similar spells. Not really different from changing him into anything else, but still an option.

<edit> Spelling.

Kyace
2008-09-27, 12:39 AM
The simplest is to kill them. Most revert upon death.

edit: There is also the Shifter's Sorrow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#shiftersSorrow), Will Save or revert when struck.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-02, 02:37 AM
Moon Beam, which is mentioned on page 64 of http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Spells-ClericalDomains.pdf , can help with changing Lycanthrops into their animal form.

Curmudgeon
2008-10-02, 05:43 AM
Force Shapechange, a 6th level Supernatural class feature of the Church Inquisitor PrC.

Darrin
2008-10-02, 07:16 AM
What methods are available in WoTC books for dorcing a shapechanger to assume his original form?

Ask nicely?

Also: Suggestion/charm/dominate.

JeminiZero
2008-10-02, 07:21 AM
A sculpted Anti-magic field might also work on anything short of Ex shapechanging.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-02, 07:37 AM
for lycanthropes there's a second level druid spell in the Spell Compendium called Countermoon

Fax Celestis
2008-10-02, 10:14 AM
I made some spells to that vein in this thread.

Person_Man
2008-10-02, 02:18 PM
Disrupting Strike feat for Shifter Monks from Dragon 355. On crystalkeep.

On a side note, I once introduced a (custom house ruled) Silver Dagger of Truth +1 as treasure into my game. Whenever you hit an enemy, it had to Save (DC = damage dealt) or revert to its natural form. I introduced it around 5th level when the PCs were protecting a town from a band of werewolves. But even after that the party Rogue coveted the weapon. He always used it as an off hand weapon "just in case." And it often found use against a druids, doppelgangers, vampires, wizards, etc. He never really trusted an NPC until he had fought him and dealt respectable damage with the dagger. Lead to some hilarious roleplaying.

Smeggedoff
2008-10-03, 04:38 AM
on that note the Full Moons Trick from Weapons of Legacy has that ability provided you're level five (and qualify for the legacy fluff ofc)