2008-09-27, 02:57 AM
Attenuate Blood
Necromancy
Level: Clr 3
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 Standard Action
Range: Close (25 ft. +5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous / 2d4 x2 rounds.
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

With a flick of the fingers you thin the blood of a target, weakening their very life force. The target takes 2d4 Constitution damage, and for a number of rounds equal to twice the Con damage dealt takes half damage from bleed effects, including bleeding to death at half the normal rate. This does not affect creatures which lack a blood-based anatomy.

This counters and dispels Circulatory Plethora.

Circulatory Plethora
Necromancy
Level: Clr 4
Components: S
Duration: 2d4 rounds
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates

This spell multiplies the blood inside the target's body to the point of internal damage. The target begins bleeding internally, taking one point of Constitution damage per round for 2d4 rounds, and is treated as staggered while this damage is being dealt.

This counters and dispels Attenuate Blood.

Bloody Ardor
Transmutation
Level: Clr 3, Pal 2
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 round/caster level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (Harmless)

You instill the target with the spirit of zealous combat, inspiring them to greater heights of battle on the sight of blood. Each time the creature under the effects of this spell makes or receives an attack which deals 5 or more points of damage from a piercing or slashing weapon, they gain a stacking +1 morale bonus to hit and damage for the duration of the spell.

[hr]
Inspired by vocab in school, upon learning that the second meaning for plethora is an excess of blood. I quickly saw inspiration in two of the other words, and...here we are.

SilentNight
2008-09-27, 10:03 AM
In keeping with this month's blood theme I guess. They're nice. My instincts are to yell overpowered at Attenuate blood due to the constitution damage but in reflection, it seems okay. Bloody ardor is very similar to the masochistic trait from BoVD, although I think that one goes in increments of ten. Nice job.

wadledo
2008-09-27, 10:25 AM
In keeping with this month's blood theme I guess. They're nice. My instincts are to yell overpowered at Attenuate blood due to the constitution damage but in reflection, it seems okay. Bloody ardor is very similar to the masochistic trait from BoVD, although I think that one goes in increments of ten. Nice job.

My thoughts exactly, but if you made the first 2 have a range of touch, I'd say perfect.

DracoDei
2008-09-27, 01:54 PM
Plethora should probably cancel out with stirge and wounding weapon Con damage (and vampires?), just for flavor... which of course brings up the point that a decent heal check should allow someone to bleed the target to counter the effect.

Proven_Paradox
2008-09-27, 02:39 PM
I'm leery at the second one; it's got the most crippling part of Slow combined with con damage. That's too strong for a 3rd level spell, I think. Perhaps my worries would be alleviated if you were to, say, allow a new save to end the effect early each round, perhaps as a standard action. Alternatively, it'd be all right as a 4th level spell as is--perhaps after adding in some sort of effect on a successful save. It's kind of a save or suck for a while, THEN die.

The first seems strong at first glance, but you're potentially dealing 2d10 with a Poison spell with a harder save (oddly enough), so it's not so bad.

Bloody Ardor is all right, but I'm not sure what "Level: Class Level" is supposed to mean...

lord of kobolds
2008-09-27, 02:49 PM
You should probably say that the first two spells counter and dispel eachother, as this seems logical.

Icewalker
2008-09-27, 06:09 PM
Fixed a few things. Upped the level of Circulatory Plethora, added the canceling and a spell level to Bloody Ardor.

Heliomance
2008-09-27, 06:28 PM
Why would having thinner blood cause you to bleed out more slowly?

SurlySeraph
2008-09-27, 08:30 PM
Why would having thinner blood cause you to bleed out more slowly?

Lower blood pressure, I presume.