PDA

View Full Version : Do vampires in the World of Darkness turn to dust when slain?

Cybren
2008-09-27, 07:28 PM
It seems to be a common vampire trope but i need to determine if it's common enough.

Innis Cabal
2008-09-27, 07:31 PM
Not last I played no.

quillbreaker
2008-09-27, 07:41 PM
The way I've always seen it done is that the condition of a vampire's corpse is determined mostly or entirely by the age of the vampire. Ancient vampires dust right off, but vampires less than a hundred years old can expect to leave a body behind.

Cybren
2008-09-27, 07:45 PM
The way I've always seen it done is that the condition of a vampire's corpse is determined mostly or entirely by the age of the vampire. Ancient vampires dust right off, but vampires less than a hundred years old can expect to leave a body behind.

That's how Bram Stroker did it, so it makes sense.

Selrahc
2008-09-27, 07:45 PM

As far as I can recall thats the official rules for it in Vampire the Requiem.

horseboy
2008-09-27, 08:00 PM
Not unless you set them on fire, which is never a bad idea.

Knaight
2008-09-27, 08:02 PM
As an addendum to that, that doesn't only apply to vampires, it never a bad idea for anything.

horseboy
2008-09-27, 08:05 PM
Fire, and plenty of it, is the solution to all of life's problems. :smallcool:

Knaight
2008-09-27, 08:24 PM
That mentality affect your choice of the new firey red avatar by any chance?

Collin152
2008-09-27, 08:27 PM
I thought the body reverted to the condition the corpse would be in had it not been undead?
So, crumble to skeleton, maybe dust?

horseboy
2008-09-27, 08:30 PM
I thought the body reverted to the condition the corpse would be in had it not been undead?
So, crumble to skeleton, maybe dust?If it's old enough. So, a "minion" wouldn't but an Autukus (sp?), might.

Nah, just wanted a change, it was handy. Though he is the second character I've done lately to be that color, and neither are the same species.

Lord Tataraus
2008-09-27, 08:36 PM
The body rapidly ages and decays according to the length of undeath. Of course, "rapidly" is purely relative, the time is constant, but when you have a 10 year vampire and a 100 year vampire, the both age and decay that many effective years in the same time frame.

TheCountAlucard
2008-09-27, 08:58 PM

...provided that jumping on its head didn't work, anyway...

Starbuck_II
2008-09-27, 11:15 PM
...provided that jumping on its head didn't work, anyway...

That's Marios Campaign promise if we elect him this year: He'll jump on Osama's Head.

BobVosh
2008-09-28, 12:08 AM
Not unless you set them on fire, which is never a bad idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_phosphorus_(weapon)

Far better than "fire"

White Phosphorus Gernades win vampires.

horseboy
2008-09-28, 12:12 AM
Bad experience with a Willie Pete. Assbite dropped one on the foot of a Shadowlord killed himself with it, didn't hurt the doggie. Nah, better off binding a Helios spirit to a laser tag gun and turning it into an anti-vampire laser beam of burning goodness.

evisiron
2008-09-28, 08:39 AM

"Aahhhh! Our usual methods aren't stopping this fire elemental! Fleeeee!" :smallbiggrin:

By the way, I know it is 'meant' to be the age of the body thing, but I like Lost Boys idea and will hopefully draw up a little table to roll when one goes...
"I think I should warn you all, when a vampire bites it, it's never a pretty sight. No two bloodsuckers go the same way. Some yell and scream, some go quietly, some explode, some implode, but all will try to take you with them. "

kbk
2008-09-28, 02:04 PM
Ghoul's are described by immediately aging as to their real age when they are denied vampire blood or die, so I think a vampire that really dies is in the same situation.

I'm not too familiar with the rules of Requiem, but Vampire was always more about setting and theme than hard rules. So you decide.

Siegel
2008-09-28, 02:07 PM
In the PC Game they do. And it looks cool.