PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Diary: The Twelve Crowns [4e]

Random NPC
2008-09-27, 11:32 PM
I started this adventure two weeks ago and I'm begging to flesh everything out. I will try to update this as possible in order to use it as a source of information, diary and general story board for this Campaign.

The Story

The campaign is set on this homebrew world I'm slowly creating using things I like from different games and other media. I'm not going to claim this as original content since it's not. This campaign is based around the world it is given in 4th edition, but heavily modified.

It all started a couple of thousand years ago, when the first unified human kingdom came into existence. It was an empire ruled by a council of 12 kings who happened to be among the strongest beings on their time. Half of them were believed to be Wizards of great might. Generations later, something terrible happens and a big rupture in reality is created.

This caused the Feywilde and the Shadowfell to distance themselves for enough time for elves to come to existence. In the meantime, the glorious empire of the twelve kingdoms is now lost and forgotten and when there was glory, now there is a wasteland.

It seemed that this cataclysm ruptured reality to the point that the Shadowfell, the Abyss, and many other nasty places started to manifest exactly where this empire held the capital; but at the same time, a polar reflection of this dark rupture was created on the other side of the globe, where arcane, prime and divine magic became stronger and where Celestial beings could travel freely.

Soon, these two polar extremes began to spread and now, the world is divided between light, technology and divinity, and darkness, savagery and wickedness.

On one side, you have the descendants of the twelve kingdoms, the now allied three nations of Folratia, a theocracy of holy light, Raegus, a magical kingdom, and Crestia, a region ruled by Houses. On the other side of the world, not even the great Archmages know. You also have the Dwarven Kingdoms, Elven demesne and other human regions, but the further you go away from the great Capital City and center of the alliance, the further you go from technology, civility and safety. Also, you get closer to adventuring...

The Cast

Samira, Elven Cleric of Avandra and Kord. Energetic healer of the group. Good at melee combat.

Ryusaki, Elven Ranger. Striker and main source of pain-inflicting fun to the baddies. Samira and Ryusaki are almost like brother and sister and they also come from the same "town".

Asura, Eladrin Wizard. He's the brains of the group and controller. He has come up so far with great strategies when dealing with baddies.

Kiba, strange dog of unknown nature. Pet of the party, previously owned by a now dead NPC. There's something magical about this dog.

He's condensed arcane energy of the Feywilde. An experiment of an Archmage and possibly, future villain.

Coraza, Warforged Fighter. Future "meat" shield of the team. A character I created to help the guys around. An adventurer that travels the land.

The Plans

I want to play the Red Hand of Doom. This is my first and foremost goal. And I'm already starting.

My hopeful lineup is:

- Keep on the Shadowfell (Levels 1-3)
- ****Help Wanted HERE**** (Levels 3-5)
- Red Hand of Doom (Levels 5-10)

What I'm currently planning is this:

The Army is already preparing for invading and they are just making the final arrangements. The goblins in the Keep are actually a small band controlled by three agents of the Red Hand of Doom: Kalarel, the Warchief and Balgron. Kalarel was given the task to summon part of the armies of Orcus in order to give support for the army.

However, the High Wyrmlord Azarr Kul is not only the leader of the RHoD, but the new and secret heir to the crown of Kul-Amir, one of the original twelve crowns! Yes, conspiracy.

The Red Hand of Doom is only the Goblin Army of the Inner Circle, a group formed of the Twelve Crowns and the respective Heirs. Each Crown holding control over one major thing: commerce, politics, universities, hospitals, legal courts and the major crime organization in the world. They control the powerful societies of the people who claim to have things under their control.

However, the Twelve Crowns do not own the world. The United Allies, with their celestial patrons, stand between the Inner Circle and absolute power. They will use the Red Hand as a way to grow in power and forcefully take what it was theirs since the dawn of the empire.

Random NPC
2008-09-27, 11:45 PM
Alright, I'll start by giving a summarization of what has happened so far

The PCs met with a group of goblins. Easily dealt with. I introduced a small adventurer NPC, Sauro, and his dog Kiba. They then arrived to the town Riverville. They went there in the first place to work with a goblin problem. They were supposed to protect the entrances to the town because each year they perform a ritual that keeps the town from being destroyed by the waters of the River. The city is actually a city bridge and a check point. The party wasn't fighting alone, since the city managed to recruit 20 powerful adventurers so they saw plenty of action, however, Sauro died and a Nightmare-riding knight with a Red Hand painted on his chest plate took the body just a round ago, and the party JUST gave the final blow to the remaining goblins...