PDA

View Full Version : Any reason for Sith to hunt and recruit force users

Akisa
2008-09-28, 01:32 AM
I was thinking of creating a homebrew campaign world for Star Wars (think of Forgotten Realms as cannon Star Wars Setting, and Eberron is my Star Wars Setting).

There is a war between Sith and Republic similar to the Jedi great Civil War (minus Mandolorains War). Like in KotoR the Sith actively hunt Jedi and other force users and convert them to the darkside. I understand stealing Jedi but why would they go out of their way for untrained force users.

Jack Zander
2008-09-28, 01:45 AM
Jedi are more likely to die than convert. Untrained Force users are very convenient for the Sith to pursue, since they can mold their way of thinking more easily, and are able to promise them a way to tap into their seemingly random talents. Not all Force users like the idea of becoming a Jedi, but the Sith can accept all ages (grabbing those the Jedi missed) and are able to promise a less rigid code of conduct.

Gralamin
2008-09-28, 01:46 AM
I was thinking of creating a homebrew campaign world for Star Wars (think of Forgotten Realms as cannon Star Wars Setting, and Eberron is my Star Wars Setting).

There is a war between Sith and Republic similar to the Jedi great Civil War (minus Mandolorains War). Like in KotoR the Sith actively hunt Jedi and other force users and convert them to the darkside. I understand stealing Jedi but why would they go out of their way for untrained force users.

I would imagine Star Wars Saga edition, but the following is applicable to all systems:

Untrained force users can be completely indoctrinated and basically built into what ever sorts of troops you need, especially if its something that the Jedi usually have no training in. Basically you can turn them into specialized forces who have unusual training to help with whatever mission they are on.

For example:
Tatoonie for whatever reason, is decided to be an important strategic point (Using Hutt's routes perhaps?). In order to acquire it, Some specially trained force users are sent with some basic troops. They disguise themselves as Bounty Hunters, relying on their better training with guns to help, in addition to using the force to amplify their senses, reflexes, and aim. They slowly corrupt, bribe, and threaten those with power into doing as they say, using the first Crimelord they corrupt as a face.

If a group of PCs was to fight these force users, I would recommend having them been selected because they can somehow exploit the desert. The ability to easily blast a tunnel through the sand to move quicker, force it to rise as a sort of wall to throw off attacks, use it trip people, etc. While a few are focusing on controlling sand, some others are using blasters, using the force to increase their aim, and at the same time, slow the enemies reflexes.

Could lead to some interesting encounters. Just be creative! Though remember, once your PCs see it they may be interested in doing it as well, so if it requires special training, tell the PC what they'd have to do, and get a proper ability write-up for the PCs. Warn the PCs though if the ability is likely to be useless, and a waste of time and resources to learn.

(Example for Saga Edition: with the above, make a force power called Force Aim or something that'd let you use blasters against even lightsabers, by giving a penalty to reflecting the blast, and a minor bonus to hit.)

Akisa
2008-09-28, 02:04 AM
Now what would the republic, jedi and sith would view Earth. I was thinking of having earth be introduced to the war similiar to how Zentradi of Macross/Robotech found earth in Macross (except we reversed engineered ancient technology). Earth is known as Eden and the ancients relocated humans (only known race in the galaxy so far.) On earth nearly everyone is force sensitive and in the galaxy there was aprox 200 thousand known force users on both sides combined.

Staven
2008-09-28, 09:33 AM
Earth, I think, would be just another planet to the republic, they've seen less advanced. If nearly everyone is force sensitive, though, I would think there would be a HUGE bid for its control, as expected. What I would find interesting would be seeing how the people of earth reacted to this. I mean, who would they ally with? Would they welcome the republic/sith or be downright hostile to them? Would they cower in fear as judgement day has come? The republic is in a sticky situation here as even if they manage to win over the people of earth, the blue planet would no longer be useful to the sith and they would do to it what they did to taris. My guess is that the UN would side with the republic and other...less reputable governments like Iran, North Korea, and possibly even Russia, would put their eggs into the basket of the sith. The jedi would view earth as a classroom of students, I think, and the force using sith would view it as an untapped resource.

Jack Zander
2008-09-28, 09:37 AM
The only problem is that the Star Wars universe is in a galaxy far far away and it happened a long time ago. Even if someone from the Star Wars universe managed to travel outside of the galaxy (which no one has ever returned from btw), the earth probably wouldn't even have humans yet (or they would be more primitive).

Ralfarius
2008-09-28, 10:13 AM
What I would find interesting would be seeing how the people of earth reacted to this. I mean, who would they ally with? Would they welcome the republic/sith or be downright hostile to them? Would they cower in fear as judgement day has come?
I think they'd be cool. (http://current.com/items/89204971_death_star_over_san_francisco)