PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Problems (Was: An email from Rich)

SaucyWench
2005-07-27, 08:02 AM
Hi there. Sorry if this is a thread already started elsewhere (since I can't find one). Rich was kind enough to send me an email today. Let's pretend it was personal... ok, it wasn't personally addressed to me alone, but it was a thankyou to me for donating in the past.

It included a link, which I won't paste here, for me to get my free wallpaper. Well, I thought I was going senile, because the files all seem to be corrupt, however, a fellow-donator has confirmed for me that he also cannot open the files.

I'm of the opinion that a reply to the email would probably be buried in tons of spam and virus hoaxes, so I am hoping Mr OotS has seen this and/or already knows about his... multi-megabyte files that do nothing once downloaded. Thanks. ;)

RawBearNYC
2005-07-27, 09:48 AM
Yup, there seems to be a problem with the files, I'm wondering if he forgot to strip out the resource fork. I'll talk to him.

Wukei
2005-07-27, 01:17 PM
Hey..*pout* how come I didn't get an e-mail for donating...

Is there a certain amount you have to donate?

Zherog
2005-07-27, 08:17 PM
Yes, but it's a secret. I suggest you keep donating until you find the right amount. ;D

Sneak
2005-07-27, 09:23 PM
I think...

A donation of $5 or more will allow you to download the entire set pictured below (the word "Sample" won't be on any of them).

After donating, you should get an email within 1-3 days with downloading instructions, so watch the email box that's tied to your PayPal account for incoming mail. It's just that easy, so click on the PayPal button to donate whatever you can to keep the site (and me) running. Thanks!

RawBearNYC
2005-07-27, 10:02 PM
Talked to Rich, we need to check out the problem with the corrupt files before sending out more e-mails I'm working on it now, as a matter of fact.

Wukei
2005-07-27, 11:12 PM
Actually, I donated back before the hand incident, so he might not think that's worth giving a pic.

SaucyWench
2005-07-28, 02:06 AM
My donation was before that too. You might want to check your PayPal account to see which email address is in it, and then check your spam settings, because your ISP might be filtering mass email.

I just got the new link in my email =)

Thanks all!

The Giant
2005-07-28, 05:53 AM
1.) The new files are in place, they should be working just fine now. I have had people already tell me that they are working for them, so if there's still a problem, we might need to troubleshoot your specific set-up.

2.) If you donated after like February, there should be an email retroactively setting you up with the new wallpaper. Make sure you check the email address that your PayPal account uses, since that's the one that it will be sent to.

Wukei
2005-07-28, 09:57 AM
nope *sniffle* nothing there...

but I KNOW that you actually got it, cuz my bank statement says it's so.