PDA

View Full Version : Any Mechanics in the Playground?

Suzuro
2008-09-28, 04:44 PM
So, I need some help. Something happened to my truck, and I want to find out what.

Here's the situation:

So, I was installing some woofers into the back seat of my truck. I disconnected my negative terminal on my truck and everything, then, I had to drill through the firewall to get the power cable into the cab. I have it all hooked up, but now, when I reconnect the negative terminal, the lights come on, regardless if the lights are turned on or if the key is even in it, and the fuel pump kicks on. I can go and use the key to start the truck up, and it runs fine, but when I shut it off, all of the guages and the stereo and everything in the cab will shut down. The engine will remain running. I have to pop the clutch and kill it to shut it off.

So, if there are any mechanics/electricians in the playground, I'd appreciate any help you could give. What I think happened was I nicked the ignition wire leading through the firewall, and now the engine always recognizes the key as being turned to the 'on' position.

-Suzuro

Silence
2008-09-29, 07:27 AM
That sucks.... I'll see if there's anyone I know that can help.

Jack Squat
2008-09-29, 07:33 AM
Hit it with a hammer :smalltongue:

I'm not a mechanic, but it sounds like there's something wrong with your starter. But I wouldn't trust anyone on the Internet if I were you.

My advice is take it to a shop; plenty will do a free analysis, although you may have to be stubborn to keep them from fixing it if you'd rather do it yourself.

de-trick
2008-09-29, 10:44 PM
id say check ur wiring again, and make sure everything is where it should be, not a expert or anything but if u still have the same problem go to a shop, its hard to tell because i cant see the truck and im not good with electronics

UncleWolf
2008-09-29, 10:52 PM
Sorry, but I have absolutely no clue what is wrong. Sounds like you got your wiring mixed up. Is this your first time installing something into your truck?