PDA

View Full Version : [4e Paragon Path]"Where did he go? OUCH!"

Rigon
2008-09-28, 06:37 PM
so i just imitated the paths Shadow_Elf made. i hope it's no disaster.
this is supposed to be a striker flavoured paragon path.

Edge Blink
"Stepping the same way everyone else does... just a bit faster."

Prerequisites: Rogue, Ranger or Fighter, Dexterity 14, Wisdom 14, Weapon Focus Heavy Blades or Light Blades.

Your slice wounds into your enemies without a visible move. You disappear before an enemy attack just to appear again after the attack. Walking through battles like a silent image.

Edge Blink Path Features:
Blink Walk(11th level): When you spend an action point to take an extra move action, you do not provoke attacks of opportunity and can pass through squares which are occupied by enemy units (but you still can't end your move in a square occupied by another unit).
Blade and Soul(11th level): You choose a bladed weapon (example: longsword). You can choose to use Wisdom to attack with this weapon and the damage for this weapon is modified by your Wisdom Modifier. If you wish to change the weapon on later levels you can do it with retrain.
Image Lag(16th level): When a foe misses you with a melee attack you can shift 2 squares as an immediate reaction (you can pass through the enemy which just missed you but you can't end the move in an occupied square).

Edge Blink Powers
The use of Edge Blink Powers requires: no shields or heavy armor equipped. you are using one bladed weapon or two bladed weapons of the same type (in this case attacks are considered to be done with one of them. at each attack its your choice which weapon to attack with).

Forestrike Edge Blink Attack 11
"You land a quick slicing attack on your opponent just before he does one on you."
Encounter * Martial, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt Melee Weapon
Trigger: An adjacent enemy does a melee attack against you.
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity Modifier and the interrupted attack gets a -2 penalty.
Special: Blade and Soul affects this power, so the Attack can be chosen as "Wisdom vs. AC" (if you use the weapon chosen with the feat) and the damage would be modified to 1[W] + Wisdom Modifier.

Perfect Stature Edge Blink Utility 12
"Taking a deep breath and positioning your every muscle... you are now ready to fight."
Daily * Martial, Stance
Move Action Personal
Effect: You gain +1 to melee attacks and +1 to all defenses.

old blink version
Blinks Edge Blink Attack 20
"Your still image fades behind the flurrying flashes of your blade as you cut away at your foe."
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature in melee range.
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom Modifier Damage. Secondary Attack.
Secondary Target: Primary Target.
Attack: Dexterity vs. Reflex
Hit: 1[W] + Dexterity Modifier Damage. Tertiary Attack.
Tertiary Target: Primary Target.
Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1[W] + Strength Modifier + Dexterity Modifier Damage.
Special: This power is NOT affected by Blade and Soul feature. This "finishing move" puts great strain on the body thus it ends the "Perfect Stature" stance (or if you haven't used that power yet then you can't you is in this encounter anymore).
Blinks Edge Blink Attack 20
"Your still image fades behind the flurrying flashes of your blade as you cut away at your foe."
Daily * Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature in melee range.
Attack: Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom Modifier Damage. Secondary Attack.
Secondary Target: Primary Target.
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex (*special)
Hit: 2[W] + Wisdom Modifier Damage. If the attack beats the Fortitude of the target then add 1[W] to the damage and the target grants you Combat Advantage (save ends) if the attack beats the Will of the target then the target is blinded until the end of your next turn.

I don't know about Shadow_Elf but it took me more than 10 minutes.
heh.

EDITED for balance issues.

Zocelot
2008-09-28, 07:16 PM
Blade and Soul is overpowerd, because Heavy Blade fighters only need one stat (Dex), and Brutal Scoundrels only need one stat (STR), making Minmaxing much easier. Giving the other modifier as extra damage is even worse.

I'd recommend letting the Edge Blink powers depend on either, but not class powers. The other modifier as extra damage should still be removed.

Blinks is a binary, considering that there are some Level 20 dailies that do 5[W] damage, with no penalty, but reducing a solo creature to bloodied is much too powerful.

My suggestion:

Roll for str or dex vs AC, if it hits do 2[W]+dex or str, and make a secondary attack.

Roll for str or dex against For, Ref and Will. For every defense it hits, do 1[W] damage, with no attribute modifier. Each [W] is applied seperately, so resistance applies to each one individually.

Rigon
2008-09-28, 07:37 PM
Changed Blade and Soul... now with a monkish wisdom flavour (so now it should work like some sort of back up in case your prime attack stat gets downed)

as for Blinks i did remove bloodied idiocy (what was i thinking???).
moded the damage too... should look more reasonable. but going against will with blade damage sounded bad. considering that the third attack might not even happen with each shot i thought it's no big problem doing strength and dexterity modifiers at the same time.

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-28, 07:49 PM
My idea for Blinks:

Make one attack (wisdom, str or dex) against a foe.

If the roll hits their AC: +2[W] damage to the final result
If the roll hits their Fortitude: +1[W] damage to the final result and they grant Combat Advantage to you (save ends)
If the roll hits their Reflex: +1[W] damage to the final result and they are slowed (save ends)
If the roll hits their Will: +1[W] damage and the target suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you

Inspired by Prismatic Beams (Wizard D15) and Four Corners Attack (Wandering Swordmage E11)

This way the attack is one big gamble (one bad roll = 4 misses), but it applies some tasty effects to them if you get lucky. and it still adds up to a total of 5[W].

Rigon
2008-09-28, 08:25 PM
My idea for Blinks:

Make one attack (wisdom, str or dex) against a foe.

If the roll hits their AC: +2[W] damage to the final result
If the roll hits their Fortitude: +1[W] damage to the final result and they grant Combat Advantage to you (save ends)
If the roll hits their Reflex: +1[W] damage to the final result and they are slowed (save ends)
If the roll hits their Will: +1[W] damage and the target suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls against you

Inspired by Prismatic Beams (Wizard D15) and Four Corners Attack (Wandering Swordmage E11)

This way the attack is one big gamble (one bad roll = 4 misses), but it applies some tasty effects to them if you get lucky. and it still adds up to a total of 5[W].

added an alternative version to make it look something like that (but not exactly).

Shadow_Elf
2008-09-28, 08:31 PM
Looks really good. Not sure the wording on the daily is all RAW, but you get the point across, so it looks fine.