PDA

View Full Version : Personal Stickies

HHLoneWolf
2005-07-20, 05:49 PM
Just an idea...

Tired of searching through pages of topics to find your IC / OOC PbP game?

Like to play that one game in Silly Msg Board Games, but it's always somewhere on page 2 or 3?

Trying to keep an eye on a favorite conversation but don't want your email box full of notifications?

Then you need personal stickies... just select those topics that you'd like to ALWAYS have on top, and there they are

coming soon to a message board near you
[hr]

anyway, just a thought... I don't know how feasible it would be having never looked at the YaBB code

Sneak
2005-07-20, 05:59 PM
That would be cool, but unfortunately I'm not sure it's possible. Even if it is, I doubt RawBear would do it, it would probably be very hard and complicated.

WampaX
2005-07-20, 06:06 PM
I just keep my bookmarks in order and link to the thread through them. Saves me alot of time.

RawBearNYC
2005-07-20, 06:14 PM
Sadly, we've talked before about how these boards were never intended, nor are they even the best option, for PbP games. I have a list of projects as long as my arm that I've not gotten to, so fulfilling this request sits at the bottom of the pile.

HHLoneWolf
2005-07-21, 09:32 AM
Well, I just happened to mention PbP games... it's not the sole use for the idea, just one of many

*shrug*

It was just an idea, not a demand for immediate action... so someday, when you're sitting around with nothing better to do you can think back and say "hey, I remember someone suggesting personal stickies... I think I could whip that up in about an hour... "

And I realize I can add each thread to my favorites... while I do add a few to favorites, there are far more threads I would personal sticky than I would ever add to favorites

anyway, it was just an idea to enhance the convenience factor... didn't expect the world to stop until it was done